The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The next Villa Manager

+48
WendyOz
worcesterkev
South London Villan
Dgrizzle7
achilles
Barabass
Boldfinger
villajk
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
Peter
mefromhere
Con
big ming
Wookster
Army villain
CoE82
avfcjoe
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
jeffvilla
danclare82
gdav
Synopsis
shanghaivilla
VTID85
Saunders82
4BetLite
andrew24561
De Kuip
Villa Ranger
boltblaster
nickf21
Cha Ching
FoxyAV
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Dazzle
DelboyVilla
Terry Derry
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
BillytheKid
Wriggle
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
52 posters

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next

Go down

The next Villa Manager - Page 17 Empty Re: The next Villa Manager

Post by Barabass Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:59 am

If we did get Wagner can we get him to bring Nahki Wells with him in January.
Barabass
Barabass

The next Villa Manager - Page 17 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:04 am

Barabass wrote:If we did get Wagner can we get him to bring Nahki Wells with him in January.

As much as I like Wells, I don't think another striker would be top of the list!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The next Villa Manager - Page 17 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:05 am

Does anyone on here have MailIN on linkedin guys? If so let me know as we could then send a few suggestions to Steve Round Very Happy .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The next Villa Manager - Page 17 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:34 am

I'll also add - for those calling for Dyche - that he wanted to buy Westwood for £6m a few months ago.

@AstonThriller the stat on teams with our points tally was stated a page or 2 back. I took it as gospel because it's on the Internet. And everything in the internet is correct Laughing

But even if it's not accurate, it's going to need a big turnaround of form and I can't see it happening overnight. It's not just the psychological factors at play; it's the way we play. The new manager is going to have to assess the players and get them playing to his methodology.

Someone like Bruce would build from the back and then focus on the midfield and finally up front. We could do that I suppose but may not be a quick fix. And Wagner plays very high tempo, very high pressure football. That'll be awesome for the medium term but our players won't be able to just turn that on in a week or two.

So for me, whichever manager we pick, this season is a bust and will serve only to set the club up not only for next season but for years to come (with someone like Wagner, anyway).

Last edited by Trotters on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

The next Villa Manager - Page 17 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:36 am

WendyOz wrote:Hey Trotters - How about Ange Postecoglu?

I'd love to see what he could do with an English club - and if he got the job at somewhere like Blues, I'd be thinking "oh bollocks!" - but he's too great a gamble for me.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:40 am

Joppe84 wrote:McGrath  it would be funny if we stole Rowett. Imagine the derby

jesus I didn't think of it like that, the derby would be a blood bath!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:41 am

Trotters wrote:I'll also add - for those calling for Dyche - that he wanted to buy Westwood for £6m a few months ago.

@AstonThriller the stat on teams with our points tally was stated a page or 2 back. I took it as gospel because it's on the Internet. And everything in the internet is correct Laughing

But even if it's not accurate, it's going to need a big turnaround of form and I can't see it happening overnight. It's not just the psychological factors at play; it's the way we play. The new manager is going to have to assess the players and get them playing to his methodology.

Someone like Bruce would build from the back and then focus on the midfield and finally up front. We could do that I suppose but may not be a quick fix. And Wagner plays very high tempo, very high pressure football. That'll be awesome for the medium term but our players won't be able to just turn that on in a week or two.

So for me, whichever manager we pick, this season is a bust and will serve only to set the club up not only for next season but for years to come (with someone like Wagner, anyway).

in regards to westwood, why the fook does everyone play him though??

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:47 am

Trotters wrote:I'll also add - for those calling for Dyche - that he wanted to buy Westwood for £6m a few months ago.

I'd have to disagree Trotter. This is not Blacburn or Wigan the new manager is taking over. Right now one could argue that our squad is the best or certainly in the top three where squads are concerned in the Championship. And the truth is we should really have another four wins under our belts easily. So when you put that on the table, along with us only losing three games this season which means we're not exactly easy to beat, one good run from the new manager puts us right in the mix again. We also have to factor in the January window. If we're say five points behind sixth place by January 1st, and then go and spend another 10-15m is anyone really saying that we couldn't make the play-offs? This is why I think ruling things out at this early stage is simply premature. Burnley were ten points behind Boro last season and played a game more and yet still finished above them. So anything can happen.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:50 am

AstonThriller wrote:

I'd have to disagree Trotter. This is not Blacburn or Wigan the new manager is taking over. Right now one could argue that our squad is the best or certainly in the top three where squads are concerned in the Championship. And the truth is we should really have another four wins under our belts easily. So when you put that on the table, along with us only losing three games this season which means we're not exactly easy to beat, one good run from the new manager puts us right in the mix again. We also have to factor in the January window. If we're say five points behind sixth place by January 1st, and then go and spend another 10-15m is anyone really saying that we couldn't make the play-offs? This is why I think ruling things out at this early stage is simply premature. Burnley were ten points behind Boro last season and played a game more and yet still finished above them. So anything can happen.

love this AT, you've given me back some hope here matey. didn't know the stat re burnley. we can still do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:52 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
Dazzle wrote:

Not going to happen.

He was on TalkSport last night and said it wouldn't happen

That sounds to me as the club haven't made contact yet.
Which I think is a huge mistake. Here you have a manager in the right age,experienced in the league, gets a small club playing better than us on literally no budget. He's a Villa fan, lives in Birmingham. I could probably keep going, but after all the dross managers we've had the last 15 years, find me a more obvious candidate than Rowett. Mistake from the club IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:54 am

Joppe84 wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
Dazzle wrote:

Not going to happen.

He was on TalkSport last night and said it wouldn't happen

That sounds to me as the club haven't made contact yet.
Which I think is a huge mistake. Here you have a manager in the right age,experienced in the league, gets a small club playing better than us on literally no budget. He's a Villa fan, lives in Birmingham. I could probably keep going, but after all the dross managers we've had the last 15 years, find me a more obvious candidate than Rowett. Mistake from the club IMO.

I think its bullshit that's hes a villa fan, he said he was a kid and also wore a man u shirt at some point

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:54 am

I understand why people worry that Wagner could be a flash in the pan, and indeed he could be. However if we are ever going to find a young, forward thinking manager, if that's what we want, then they are always going to come with that worry.

So the club has to make a decision as to what we want and stick by it. As fans we only have limited knowledge and limited resources to find out more about managers, especially up and coming ones. However I'd like to think that now we have a wealth of football knowledge at our disposal to do proper due diligence on anyone we consider. After all Southampton have consistently chosen the right manager for them. Are they just lucky, or do they have people in place and a philosophy that gets them where they want to be? Hopefully it's the latter and we are in a position to do the same, because luck certainly hasn't been seen around Villa Park for a while.
DaveAV1

The next Villa Manager - Page 17 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:59 am

jimbop wrote:

I honestly think that managers and their teams rely on stats a LOT. And his stats probably aren't bad. But I've not seem an OPTA stat called "Fanny about on the ball so long he gets mugged off costing us a goal" or "Number of missed tackles made up for with a desperately sad hack from behind as he was being outrun" or "Failed to pick the run of any of the 5 strikers ahead of him".
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:01 am

jimbop wrote:

Maybe he gives out blowies for a shirt?
DelboyVilla

The next Villa Manager - Page 17 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:02 am

Trotters wrote:
jimbop wrote:

I honestly think that managers and their teams rely on stats a LOT. And his stats probably aren't bad. But I've not seem an OPTA stat called "Fanny about on the ball so long he gets mugged off costing us a goal" or "Number of missed tackles made up for with a desperately sad hack from behind as he was being outrun" or "Failed to pick the run of any of the 5 strikers ahead of him".

didn't think of the stat thing The next Villa Manager - Page 17 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:13 am

DaveAV1 wrote:...As fans we only have limited knowledge and limited resources to find out more about managers, especially up and coming ones...

Often a good gauge is the reaction of the fans. I don't think there are many Huddersfield supporters who are happy about the link of their manager to Villa. If Bruce had a job, I'm not sure the fans would be that bothered.

From a Huddersfield forum:

Villas relational is this:

They're top of the league, we will have him. That kid at Bristol City scored a few ,we will sign him. McCormack is most expensive player in league, we should have him.

That's certainly not the Dortmund mentality and I don't see it been a good fit for Wagner. He doesn't strike me as a desperate merry go round manager. If Steve Bruce was still our manager for eg, he would leave for villa before the ink on his contract dried. If they approach Wagner, I honesty think he would say "nah". How fucking sweet would that be. OUR manager 1) getting tapped up because he's good (never happens) and 2) saying no I'm better off here.

The link to that thread is below and we'll worth 5 mins of your time.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/102094/aston-villa?page=1
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:18 am

It also says that he'd piss most of our players off with the work ethic he'd expect. Laughing
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:30 am

What's this rumour about Steve Cotterill being interviewed about????
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:36 am

Trotters wrote:It also says that he'd piss most of our players off with the work ethic he'd expect. Laughing

Time to recall Gabby and make him train!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:40 am

Villa_Dan wrote:What's this rumour about Steve Cotterill being interviewed about????

Hopefully a Twatter rumour and no more than that
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:42 am

smetro wrote:
Wriggle wrote:I think the focus is solely on who can get us up this season, not who can make us a force in the premier, so I think the likes of Bruce! big Sam, Pulis and even McCarthy could well be in the frame. I don't think the Dr. Gives a toss about what their limitations are in the premiership as he'll just pay them off and get the bigger name in once we are there.

I don't really want Bruce here a I think he's average, but if he's the man to get us out of the division (the right way up) the. I'll be happy with that as I think Xia will move on fairly quickly once we're there.

Personally I think we'll be seeing an ex England manager very shortly, either Woy or Big Sam... and I'd be happy with either!

As per Trotters post - no one with our points tally at this stage of the season has ever got promoted. So I think that ship has sailed. - it would take some run to get us promoted this season.
Bruce is the safe bet - But XIA was persuaded by RDM'S CL win - If he wants exciting he will go for Wagner. If not then it will be Bruce.
To me there is little suggest Wagner is anything other than a flash in the pan.

Are you talked About automatic promotion or play off promotion? I'd be very surprised if teams in our position or worse haven't made the playoffs at a minimum and I'd have thought some would have gone up through them.

Last edited by Wriggle on Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wriggle
Wriggle

The next Villa Manager - Page 17 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:46 am

FoxyAV wrote:
Trotters wrote:It also says that he'd piss most of our players off with the work ethic he'd expect. Laughing

Time to recall Gabby and make him train!

We hear this about every new manager. 'OH at his last club the players didn't like him because he made them train to hard' - its an easy line...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:49 am

Just been on the Huddersfield site, most of them think he will stay.
I also checked him out on other sites his work ethic is very good also bonding with the players,
I think he would be a good candidate it would be a challenge and we all understand that's it's not going to be easy but it can be done, even at this stage and our position in the league.
I do believe that we have a management board in place that should be able to sort out a decent manager.
Well good luck and I hope it's onwards and upwards. UTV
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:54 am

You're right Trotts, we don't want to piss the players off, they're the very lifeblood of our wonderful club and we wouldn't be where we are today without them........
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:57 am

The Huddersfield fans make me laugh. Have five minutes of fame for the first time in about a hundred years and all of a sudden "why would he leave us for them"? LOL idiots Very Happy .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next