The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The next Villa Manager

+48
WendyOz
worcesterkev
South London Villan
Dgrizzle7
achilles
Barabass
Boldfinger
villajk
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
Peter
mefromhere
Con
big ming
Wookster
Army villain
CoE82
avfcjoe
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
jeffvilla
danclare82
gdav
Synopsis
shanghaivilla
VTID85
Saunders82
4BetLite
andrew24561
De Kuip
Villa Ranger
boltblaster
nickf21
Cha Ching
FoxyAV
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Dazzle
DelboyVilla
Terry Derry
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
BillytheKid
Wriggle
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
52 posters

Page 18 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Go down

The next Villa Manager - Page 18 Empty Re: The next Villa Manager

Post by smetro Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:58 am

AstonThriller wrote:The Huddersfield fans make me laugh. Have five minutes of fame for the first time in about a hundred years and all of a sudden "why would he leave us for them"? LOL idiots Very Happy .

If he isn't coming. Id expect him to tell everyone pretty soon. So far he hasn't done that.
smetro
smetro

The next Villa Manager - Page 18 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:01 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:What's this rumour about Steve Cotterill being interviewed about????

Where's that come from?

Edit

Sorry Dan Sky Sources was it?

Last edited by DelboyVilla on Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
DelboyVilla

The next Villa Manager - Page 18 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:01 pm

Good point Smetro. Speaks volumes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:02 pm

Huge point swings in the championship aren't unheard of - Derby last season won on boxing day and were top by 1 point, finished the season 11 points off 2nd
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:05 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:What's this rumour about Steve Cotterill being interviewed about????

Where's that come from?

Edit

Sorry Dan Sky Sources was it?

I saw it on Facebook. No idea where they got it from
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:06 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
Trotters wrote:It also says that he'd piss most of our players off with the work ethic he'd expect. Laughing

Time to recall Gabby and make him train!

Xia will need to sell his MSG factory and invest in slate to keep Gabby in a constant supply of clean ones.

Trotters
Trotters

The next Villa Manager - Page 18 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:08 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stats-show-cardiff-city-need-8439625

Good read from Jan 2015 about Cardiff's chances of promotion - because it talks about the late season runs etc.

The jist? As of January we need to be Top 10

FACT: No team in Championship history has ever been outside the top 10 at this stage of the season and been promoted
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:10 pm

smetro wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:The Huddersfield fans make me laugh. Have five minutes of fame for the first time in about a hundred years and all of a sudden "why would he leave us for them"? LOL idiots Very Happy .

If he isn't coming.  Id expect him to tell everyone pretty soon. So far he hasn't done that.

It's probably worth mentioning he as a coach for Dortmund, thus has coached with Paul Lambert. He was also about 10-11 years old when we won the EC over Bayern. Maybe he all these seeds makes him fancy the job The next Villa Manager - Page 18 1375627042

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:11 pm

It's a massive opportunity for Wagner - big club, big investment, owner with big ideas; and all without being thrown into the cutthroat PL. I would also argue that he there'd be less pressure on him than there was with RDM - the expectation of promotion has been replaced by bloody-well winning games for a change.

I seriously doubt that he'd rule himself out without hearing the offer & giving it some serious thought.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

The next Villa Manager - Page 18 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:12 pm

QUESTION!!

Wagner made his name as Dortmund's reserve/youth coach and then as assistant to Klopp. He's 44 years old and has been a manager for less than a year.

Ryan Giggs is 42 years old. Has a wealth of experience in the game as a player, most of which was under the reign on Alex Ferguson. In 2013 he joined David Moyes's backroom staff as a player-coach, then ten months later he found himself in the position as interim manager for the final four games of the season where he won two, drew one and last one. After that he became assistant manager to Luis Van Gaal for two years. So during recent times he'll have seen football philosophies from Fergy, David Moyes and Van Gaal.

Which one would really be the bigger risk? Wagner may already be a manager but he only got his chance a year ago, whats to say Giggs wouldn't have a big impact here if given the same chance?

It's interesting because Giggs really couldn't have had better people to learn from. He's had the old school British way, and he's had the continental way too. While Wagner's philosophies are all drenched in German ideologies.

Personally I don't see much difference between them even though Wagner is doing well right now. The only difference is one has had an opportunity and the other hasn't.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The next Villa Manager - Page 18 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:12 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stats-show-cardiff-city-need-8439625

Good read from Jan 2015 about Cardiff's chances of promotion - because it talks about the late season runs etc.

FACT: No team in Championship history has ever been outside the top 10 at this stage of the season and been promoted

as long as we get the right manager in we have the squad to be the first team to do it

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:15 pm

If Giggs learnt anything from the purple nosed sugarbag, I'd expect to see him in the Telegraph for bribing referees.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Or should that be "persuading them"?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Trotters wrote:If Giggs learnt anything from the purple nosed sugarbag, I'd expect to see him in the Telegraph for bribing referees.

Fergie time The next Villa Manager - Page 18 3363484586

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:19 pm

jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stats-show-cardiff-city-need-8439625

as long as we get the right manager in we have the squad to be the first team to do it

Break the season down a bit and play offs look achievable - we need to overhaul Barnsley in 10th New Years, that's 13 games to make up the 6 point difference.

A blistering run up the table to 9th or 10th by January 1st would give us form and momentum. A few good signings funded by the good doctor and we will rein in the teams above.

A slow start under the new boss means planning for next season
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:35 pm

AstonThriller wrote:QUESTION!!

Wagner made his name as Dortmund's reserve/youth coach and then as assistant to Klopp. He's 44 years old and has been a manager for less than a year.

Ryan Giggs is 42 years old. Has a wealth of experience in the game as a player, most of which was under the reign on Alex Ferguson. In 2013 he joined David Moyes's backroom staff as a player-coach, then ten months later he found himself in the position as interim manager for the final four games of the season where he won two, drew one and last one. After that he became assistant manager to Luis Van Gaal for two years. So during recent times he'll have seen football philosophies from Fergy, David Moyes and Van Gaal.

Which one would really be the bigger risk? Wagner may already be a manager but he only got his chance a year ago, whats to say Giggs wouldn't have a big impact here if given the same chance?

It's interesting because Giggs really couldn't have had better people to learn from. He's had the old school British way, and he's had the continental way too. While Wagner's philosophies are all drenched in German ideologies.

Personally I don't see much difference between them even though Wagner is doing well right now. The only difference is one has had an opportunity and the other hasn't.

Aside from Giggs being the type of bloke who joyfully shags his brothers missus and pays out fortunes to keep it out of the papers, he never played abroad when having had the opportunity. He will be very much moulded in the British way. His only qualification, in reality, is having worked under Ferguson for basically the entirety of his career. With Wagner we are talking about a bloke who obviously speaks more than one language, has worked under/with a top top manager, IS doing the business in a league in another country. Comparing Giggs to Wagner is comparing an apple to an orange.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:45 pm

Dazzle wrote:

Aside from Giggs being the type of bloke who joyfully shags his brothers missus and pays out fortunes to keep it out of the papers, he never played abroad when having had the opportunity. He will be very much moulded in the British way. His only qualification, in reality, is having worked under Ferguson for basically the entirety of his career. With Wagner we are talking about a bloke who obviously speaks more than one language, has worked under/with a top top manager, IS doing the business in a league in another country. Comparing Giggs to Wagner is comparing an apple to an orange.

How could we assume that he'd do things the British way when he's spent two years under the guidance of a dutch master? I don't agree with your reasoning at all. Also it could be argued that Giggs HAS actually managed at a higher level than Wagner, despite it being a short period.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The next Villa Manager - Page 18 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:45 pm

I simply hope that the men with the responsibility of appointing the new manager/coach had already had an individual in mind, had put the feelers out to see if something was possible, and will appoint accordingly. It'd be concerning if they have opted for change without a primary candidate who they have no idea as to whether he would want to take the position.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Dazzle wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:QUESTION!!

Less impressive than Bob Bradley in an interview as well apparently??? The next Villa Manager - Page 18 1401410211
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:50 pm

What I liked from the Allardyce sting was what he said about Neville:

“They were arguing for ten minutes about bringing him [Marcus Rashford] on, him [Hodgson] and Gary Neville.

“So Gary was the wrong influence for him… f***ing, tell Gary to sit down and shut up, you do what you want.

“You’re the manager, you do what you want, not what anyone else wants.”

While I'm not so sure I want Allardyce I would be happy with a manager with that kind of attitude. Pearson is a step too far, the last thing we need is a manager publicly calling his team shit. The manager is responsible for training, selecting, motivating and fine tuning the 11 players he sends out to play a match.

Giggs would be fine for our U23s to see how he does. I'd still rather have a manager who's been there and done it all than someone new and inexperienced.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:51 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
Dazzle wrote:

How could we assume that he'd do things the British way when he's spent two years under the guidance of a dutch master? I don't agree with your reasoning at all. Also it could be argued that Giggs HAS actually managed at a higher level than Wagner, despite it being a short period.  

I think we can file LVG in the "Former" Dutch master category. I'm not sure you'll find many ManUtd fans who think an awful lot of him, lots of money spent and a style of football that had the Utd fans going to sleep. LVG, for me, falls into the category of yesterday's man, he was effective in a different era. That era has gone. I'd also say I think you'd be stretching reality by arguing Giggs has top flight experience after being briefly promoted for the final 4 games of a season!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:07 pm

I can't even express how much I don't want Giggs. Another United twat that comes with the "approval" of Fergie. Feck off.

The absolutely bare minimum for a manager of this club should be that he has shown he's up for management. Giggs haven't. If he drops down a division or two and becomes a success story like Rowett, Wagner or whatever, fine. Until that point fuck off and fuck off some more.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:23 pm

Giggs was undoubtedly a fantastic player and is of an age that he could actually drop a ball and move round the training pitch to show the players exactly what he is talking about. However, he doesn't have that commanding presence a leader of men would need to have, I cant imagine him having the strength to overpower a conversation with a room full of huge ego's to get his points over to get everyone singing from the same song sheet.  

I do not know enough about Wagner to know if he is any different, but from a coaching point of view he appears to be doing something right in a short space of time.

Man management is just as important as technical coaching ability and the old school names being mentioned just do not have the correct balance for me.

Howe and Dyche have the best balance of attributes that we need but can we get them. I find the Wanger link a gamble but a very exiting one.

Hope we get whoever in within 48hrs.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:33 pm

Neck on the line time. How about Sherwood being given the chance. Just sayin.
NARLA24
NARLA24

The next Villa Manager - Page 18 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:36 pm

Have u heard out?

He has the best record of the last 4 managers, he has passion, drive and fire and I think he would do well in this league but not fro the longterm for me.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next