The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Championship rivals thread

+24
De Kuip
Dazzle
Dions_Bald_Head
deadbuzzardalive
Wriggle
Saunders82
Villa Ranger
DelboyVilla
danclare82
4BetLite
VTID85
smetro
achilles
NARLA24
The Utterer
Boldfinger
VillaBill
jeffvilla
Jae1411
AstonThriller
Fpuppys
andrew24561
Thinman
BillytheKid
28 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Championship rivals thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Championship rivals thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:02 pm

We need to improve ourselves, but I'm also expecting at some point that the likes of Leeds, Reading, Huddersfield and others will see a drop in form. They all can't keep up the form they've been showing. In fact I think Brighton at some stage will also have a bit of a rough patch too, but barring an amazing run, it's looking unlikely that we'll catch them.

We've just got to make sure that we don't show too much bad form ourselves. Of course we'll probably lose matches here and there, but hopefully we got our really bad run out of the way at the start of the season.
deadbuzzardalive

Championship rivals thread - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:07 pm

There are normally teams who tail off. like Derby did the last time McClaren was there which is actually the reason he left according to the Derby fans who live by me. He had a similar start that time too so fingers crossed they burn out again.

Be interesting to see what the window brings for sure and if we can stay in there and peak over the latter stages of the season who knows?!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Championship rivals thread - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:59 pm

I honestly expect our rivals to hit 'rough' patches as they can't keep up the results they are currently getting whilst I fully expect us to improve with the additional signings that Bruce will get in the January window.

Therefore I fully expect us to be in the playoffs! Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:00 pm

It was looking like an excellent day for us, until Wednesday went and scored deep into injury time. Still, that's six points off the play-off places when it could have easily have been eight after today.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:30 pm

Results have been quite good for us today. Draws mostly.
Boldfinger

Championship rivals thread - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:35 pm

Almost as good as it could've been today, I don't think we could have reasonably expected much better.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Yeah agreed, just need Brentford to beat Norwich now as it's been pretty good. Never happy to see the scum come back from 2-0 down but it did us a favour really.
Absolutely must win at Cardiff to keep in touch.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Championship rivals thread - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:41 pm

If its as we have been led to believe we might have another keeper available too, might be other players who knows.
Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Today's results were both good and bad. The bad is Reading once again lucked out and got a victory, Huddersfield snatched a late winner and Leeds won again aswell. I keep thinking that those three can't possibly keep this up but time and time again they are picking up three points. Now like I've said before Reading and Huddersfield in the play-offs would be lovely, but the problem is unless they fall apart and we go on a magic run we're gonna reach a point where only the sixth spot is gettable.

Right now we're seven points behind Wednesday who seem to be stuttering a little. But the problem is if Reading, Leeds and Huddersfield stay where they are we're gonna have to fight off Wednesday, Norwich, Derby and Fulham for that last spot...and all that with Preston and Barnsley getting in the way too.

Make no mistake..unless we get our act together quickly we're not gonna make it to that top six party.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Championship rivals thread - Page 6 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:21 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Today's results were both good and bad. The bad is Reading once again lucked out and got a victory, Huddersfield snatched a late winner and Leeds won again aswell. I keep thinking that those three can't possibly keep this up but time and time again they are picking up three points. Now like I've said before Reading and Huddersfield in the play-offs would be lovely, but the problem is unless they fall apart and we go on a magic run we're gonna reach a point where only the sixth spot is gettable.

Right now we're seven points behind Wednesday who seem to be stuttering a little. But the problem is if Reading, Leeds and Huddersfield stay where they are we're gonna have to fight off Wednesday, Norwich, Derby and Fulham for that last spot...and all that with Preston and Barnsley getting in the way too.

Make no mistake..unless we get our act together quickly we're not gonna make it to that top six party.

I really thought we would be in the play off positions by now. Perhaps another factor is that some rivals may get plundered during the Jan window - we look unlikely to be forced to sell anyone. We need to win 4 on the spin IMO to get us within touching distance of the play offs. I think we are going to fall just short.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:49 pm

I'm gonna wait to see what they come up with in this window before I come to a conclusion on our promotion hopes. Because lets be honest we're not that bad, there's just areas in the team that are extremely weak and it's holding the good players we have back. We do have a decent set of matches coming up so the proof will be in the pudding really.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:26 am

Championship rivals thread - Page 6 Screen11
Trotters
Trotters

Championship rivals thread - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Love it and the fact that the inbreds thought 800 was a fantastic amount to take. Exeter City take more than that away from home. They are so small time I'd laugh longer but they are not important enough to merit it.
Small time Small Heath. I wish we had more worthy rivals.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Brighton done us a massive favour yesterday by beating Sheff Wed. So today we have a chance to reduce the gap down to seven points. And if we do that, then with nineteen games to go and them still having to come to VP I'd say we'd be right back in the race.

Have to add though that Brighton are without question the luckiest side I've seen in many a year. Leicester had a fair bit last season but the luck Brighton have had recently has been quite ridiculous.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:28 pm

I would be amazed if Brighton can maintain this sort of form as they haven't got the squad whereas Newcastle have the squad.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Lost a bit of faith after Saturday but there's still something in the back of my mind that thinks we'll go on a big run to just about make it over the line in the end. I've seen some people say "we've got nothing to play for so we might aswell play the kids"..WFT? there's NINETEEN games left ffs!!..where is the fight? On saturday we were missing Jedi, Ayew and Kodjia!!..i have no doubt we win with those in the side.

Now with us looking like we're getting the Barnsley duo, and hopefully a few more too, then why can't we go on a run? I think it can happen tbh and we must remember Sheff Wed and Derby still have to come to VP...so all we need to do is close the gap by six points before we play them...hardly impossible is it?

COME ON VILLA!!
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:22 pm

A new midfield, striker and right back and we could do it. It'll come down to gel-time.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:12 pm

If these proposed signings come off we will have a solid midfield for the first time in years, I'm looking forward to it.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:24 pm

Reading beat Fulham tonight which I guess is a goodish result. Keeps Fulham near us and Reading stay in third which like I said is ok because we'd be much better off having them and Huddersfield in the play-offs if we managed to make it over the line.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:06 pm

birmingam haven't won a game in ten matches yet they're still above us in the league.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:48 am

Despite the negativity and feelings of dejection after tonight, I'm going to say that I think we can still make the play-offs. But Saturday is a very important game for us, it's a must win. If we do get the win and other results go for us, then leaves us just seven points off the top six, with two home games to come against Ipswich and Barnsley.

I've seen talk of the club being jinxed or cursed and whatever else but that's obviously not true (mostly because there's no such thing) as we proved when Bruce first came in that we're capable of winning games and putting a run together, we just need to get another win again to get going again, but it has to come agains Forest, and if it does I think we're back in the race for promotion.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:01 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:birmingam haven't won a game in ten matches yet they're still above us in the league.

Utterly depressing.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:51 am

In an attempt to try and cheer myself up, I ventured over to SHA to see their reaction to losing yet again. Can someone translate this?

Some degenerate Villa hating, slum-dwelling, 12-toed, inbred freak wrote:
0-3 potatoes (and heads) growing really well over there (sc um vile of what it has spent £87million is it?). Consolidation of constitutionally throwing millions at an era when clothes shops were productive in 1870's. Steffy Bruce in stilletoes (12 toed shoes) and a handbag ("the 'impotence of being earnest' like whor gobby is"Wink Gobby LOL *. Swan Laje sty willa allotment park in ZHO.
'£millions and £millions of Doctor Tweeta chimp bullsh billionaire theme park shares and air - xhia broke lost LOTS OF MONEY werry soont'

And another accurately describe themselves thus:

A self-confessed Motherfucker wrote:
We are in a bit of a crisis. The correct response isn't to shriek and squawk and carry on like you just dropped yer ice cream. The correct response is to grow up, grow some testicles, and show a bit of dignity. Or, to put it another way, act like a motherfucking Blues fan.

Incest...It's better than a dropped icecream.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:02 am

One thing we've forgotten is how bad our squad at the end of last season really was. I think at the time most people would have thought it would take 4 good windows and 2 years to get us back up. thing is we've had two very good windows and that has got the expectation up, but in reality we need at least one more as we still have some dross in our first team, never mind the squad.

We can now pick a decent first 11 if all players are fit, but only after buying a brand new midfield this week, and having a choice of De Laet or Bree at right back. The problem is still injuries and suspensions though as we're stuck with the likes of a young keeper and Hutton at right back and Gabby up front... we still have no depth and this is still an issue.

i think the best we can hope for is what we have to gel for the rest of this season and finish strong and then add where needed in the summer and storm the league next season.

I hope we get the play offs though :)
Wriggle
Wriggle

Championship rivals thread - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Well I bet when this thread was started we all had a different set of rivals in mind than the bottom 8 clubs!
So Burton earned a very creditable point away at Derby tonight,  and QPR won against Wigan, which whilst expected would probably have been better for us if they'd drawn.
That's pushed the noses one down to be immediately above us. One point of concern is the potential upturn in fortunes for a couple of clubs around us. QPR are starting to put wins together, Wolves are below us but 2 games in hand, will Blackburn respond to a managerial change and our game v Bristol City is becoming more important by the day.
All in all we need to be on our mettle especially as we play 6 or 7 of the bottom 10 clubs, with the rest of the games pretty much against top 8 clubs. So quite a bipolar run-in to the end of the season meaning poor results against our current rivals will leave us depending on getting points against tougher opposition.
I genuinely do not think for one minute that we'll go down, but I wouldn't mind a bit of security!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next