The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Championship rivals thread

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Championship rivals thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:02 pm

We need to improve ourselves, but I'm also expecting at some point that the likes of Leeds, Reading, Huddersfield and others will see a drop in form. They all can't keep up the form they've been showing. In fact I think Brighton at some stage will also have a bit of a rough patch too, but barring an amazing run, it's looking unlikely that we'll catch them.

We've just got to make sure that we don't show too much bad form ourselves. Of course we'll probably lose matches here and there, but hopefully we got our really bad run out of the way at the start of the season.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:07 pm

There are normally teams who tail off. like Derby did the last time McClaren was there which is actually the reason he left according to the Derby fans who live by me. He had a similar start that time too so fingers crossed they burn out again.

Be interesting to see what the window brings for sure and if we can stay in there and peak over the latter stages of the season who knows?!

The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:59 pm

I honestly expect our rivals to hit 'rough' patches as they can't keep up the results they are currently getting whilst I fully expect us to improve with the additional signings that Bruce will get in the January window.

Therefore I fully expect us to be in the playoffs! Scarf Waving

achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:00 pm

It was looking like an excellent day for us, until Wednesday went and scored deep into injury time. Still, that's six points off the play-off places when it could have easily have been eight after today.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:30 pm

Results have been quite good for us today. Draws mostly.

Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:35 pm

Almost as good as it could've been today, I don't think we could have reasonably expected much better.

Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Yeah agreed, just need Brentford to beat Norwich now as it's been pretty good. Never happy to see the scum come back from 2-0 down but it did us a favour really.
Absolutely must win at Cardiff to keep in touch.

De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:41 pm

If its as we have been led to believe we might have another keeper available too, might be other players who knows.
Scarf Waving

Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Today's results were both good and bad. The bad is Reading once again lucked out and got a victory, Huddersfield snatched a late winner and Leeds won again aswell. I keep thinking that those three can't possibly keep this up but time and time again they are picking up three points. Now like I've said before Reading and Huddersfield in the play-offs would be lovely, but the problem is unless they fall apart and we go on a magic run we're gonna reach a point where only the sixth spot is gettable.

Right now we're seven points behind Wednesday who seem to be stuttering a little. But the problem is if Reading, Leeds and Huddersfield stay where they are we're gonna have to fight off Wednesday, Norwich, Derby and Fulham for that last spot...and all that with Preston and Barnsley getting in the way too.

Make no mistake..unless we get our act together quickly we're not gonna make it to that top six party.

AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:21 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:Today's results were both good and bad. The bad is Reading once again lucked out and got a victory, Huddersfield snatched a late winner and Leeds won again aswell. I keep thinking that those three can't possibly keep this up but time and time again they are picking up three points. Now like I've said before Reading and Huddersfield in the play-offs would be lovely, but the problem is unless they fall apart and we go on a magic run we're gonna reach a point where only the sixth spot is gettable.

Right now we're seven points behind Wednesday who seem to be stuttering a little. But the problem is if Reading, Leeds and Huddersfield stay where they are we're gonna have to fight off Wednesday, Norwich, Derby and Fulham for that last spot...and all that with Preston and Barnsley getting in the way too.

Make no mistake..unless we get our act together quickly we're not gonna make it to that top six party.

I really thought we would be in the play off positions by now. Perhaps another factor is that some rivals may get plundered during the Jan window - we look unlikely to be forced to sell anyone. We need to win 4 on the spin IMO to get us within touching distance of the play offs. I think we are going to fall just short.

smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:49 pm

I'm gonna wait to see what they come up with in this window before I come to a conclusion on our promotion hopes. Because lets be honest we're not that bad, there's just areas in the team that are extremely weak and it's holding the good players we have back. We do have a decent set of matches coming up so the proof will be in the pudding really.

AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum