The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Championship rivals thread

+24
De Kuip
Dazzle
Dions_Bald_Head
deadbuzzardalive
Wriggle
Saunders82
Villa Ranger
DelboyVilla
danclare82
4BetLite
VTID85
smetro
achilles
NARLA24
The Utterer
Boldfinger
VillaBill
jeffvilla
Jae1411
AstonThriller
Fpuppys
andrew24561
Thinman
BillytheKid
28 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Championship rivals thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Championship rivals thread

Post by Saunders82 Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:57 pm

Saunders82 wrote:YES we do need to start putting it together BUT once we do I think we will unstopable, just need the rub of the green now more than ever. Newcastle started the season poorly but 5 on the bounce and they are full of confidence, but just watching some of the goals on sky they sure  are getting the rub of the green, Norwich are too, it has to be our turn soon.

Well we did get the rub of the green last night at Reading, about time too, may there be many more. Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
Saunders82
Saunders82

Championship rivals thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:55 pm

I don't often think that the mail writes anything decent (and in a way, they still haven't, as this is a mix of writers from all over), but I have to give them credit for an interesting - "how's everyone doing in the Championship so far" type of feature, using writers local to the other Championship clubs.

Makes for some interesting reading (that's reading, not Reading).

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-24-championship-teams-rated-12166872
De Kuip
De Kuip

Championship rivals thread - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:28 am

Well it's starting to look much better now isn't it? Very Happy

Newcastle lost at home to Blackburn after making a few changes to their side. Not really surprised that Blackburn beat them tbh because imo they are better than their current position in the table. Won't dent Toon that might I'd imagine but that's THREE home defeats now this season so it does show that they can be vulnerable.

Brighton just continue to be as consistent as ever. Fulham took the lead but they got back in the game with a good, long range effort and then managed to nick it in the end like they always do. I do think the lack of squad depth will haunt them down the stretch though.

Norwich have simply fallen apart in recent times and have lost confidence in a major way. Alex Neil is said to be under pressure so we just have to hope that the side continues.

Reading have won five on the bounce and when you look at their team you wonder how on earth they've done it!!...This is another side that I don't see staying the course when injuries/suspensions start to kick in.

Derby are really in their groove now and showing why they were tipped to challenge at the start of the season. We just have to hope they don't get in our way if the battle for a top six finish is tight.

Sheff Wed got a good win at Wolves and lurking right there in the play-off area. Again though it will be interesting to see if their squad can handle the Christmas period.

Birmingham by all accounts were extremely lucky to get anything at Brentford but at the end of the day they did. But they were in this position this time last season and fell away so we just have to hope the same thing happens again.

Leeds were another side who were a little lucky at the weekend. They were hanging on against the bottom side in the league who had ten men so it's gonna be interesting to see how they cope with us next weekend.

All in all the results weren't too bad for us and we just have to keep chipping away. Four points off the play-offs now and as the old saying goes "it's not how you start, it's how you finish".
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Championship rivals thread - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Leeds is going to be a tough one on Saturday, the toughest away game so far this season.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:53 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Leeds is going to be a tough one on Saturday, the toughest away game so far this season.

True but they wont be relishing facing us either, be nice to wipe the smirk off the face of Gary Spunk though
andrew24561
andrew24561

Championship rivals thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:04 pm

andrew24561 wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Leeds is going to be a tough one on Saturday, the toughest away game so far this season.

True but they wont be relishing facing us either, be nice to wipe the smirk off the face of Gary Spunk though

Not at all worried by Leeds, besides they have a tough away game tonight against Liverpool so Villa should have the upper-hand on Saturday.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:10 pm

Brighton? Derby? Sheff Wed? Reading? It's all the same imo. Man for man only Newcastle can compete with us imo and even then we're stronger than them in certain areas I believe. We play to our potential then we should get a positive result.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:39 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

Brighton? Derby? Sheff Wed? Reading? It's all the same imo. Man for man only Newcastle can compete with us imo and even then we're stronger than them in certain areas I believe. We play to our potential then we should get a positive result.  

Agreed. There's a reason that this league is notoriously tight - we're not talking about coming up against the top teams in the EPL. I don't think we need to be afraid of anyone in this league. In fact now that we're finding a bit of form (& with a couple of tricky games under our belt ie Brighton & Scum) I should imagine that we're the team others would rather not face.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:52 am

With us only losing 3 games so far this season I would imagine we are one the most difficult teams to beat in the league? I think only Brighton have lost less than us?

Hopefully teams will see that we now have grown a backbone and we do not buckle under the tiniest bit of pressure?
DelboyVilla

Championship rivals thread - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:54 pm

Geordies to drop off top spot tomorrow then?

Tightens things up at the top and will hopefully shut up their dumb-sugarbag fans with their stupid idea that the league  was done and dusted in November
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Championship rivals thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:29 pm

We just need a solid performance tomorrow to take advantage. Championship rivals thread - Page 3 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:37 am

Saunders82 wrote:We just need a solid performance tomorrow to take advantage. Championship rivals thread - Page 3 1520050566

Well that didn't work out as planned! lol!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:01 pm

This difference between us and the rivals are every win is a struggle for us. Bar Rotherham all the others have had us sweating at some point. Then you look around and see Norwich hit five yesterday after losing five in a row, Fulham hit five, the other day Forest hit five etc!!..can you see us doing that right now? For me no.

We have to start being realistic...Ayew, Grealish and Adomah don't score enough goals and as I've mentioned previously the central midfield lads are just not good enough in the final third. This MUST be addressed in January or be prepared for tons of more close games in the second half of the season.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:37 pm

AstonThriller wrote:This difference between us and the rivals are every win is a struggle for us. Bar Rotherham all the others have had us sweating at some point. Then you look around and see Norwich hit five yesterday after losing five in a row, Fulham hit five, the other day Forest hit five etc!!..can you see us doing that right now? For me no.

We have to start being realistic...Ayew, Grealish and Adomah don't score enough goals and as I've mentioned previously the central midfield lads are just not good enough in the final third. This MUST be addressed in January or be prepared for tons of more close games in the second half of the season.

Everybody keeps on saying that Villa have an great array of attacking talent at the club and I actually agreed with them initially but the longer the season goes on the more I think that they flatter to deceive!
I agree, absolutely no way do I see us scoring five goals in a game (unless it is a few own goals) so i just keep on coming back to the midfield offering absolutely no threat going forward at all. In fact at the moment the only threat from a goal scoring aspect I see in the Villa team is Kodjia, the rest are very meew!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:02 am

Top two is totally gone now. Now it's simply a matter of getting to January with as much points as possible and then making dramatic changes in the window. Our sole aim now is merely getting into the top six. Play-offs are the play-offs whether you finish third or sixth it doesn't matter at all.

The key for us is we have a much easier away run coming after January so points will hopefully arrive on the road regardless of whether we mess up at QPR or not. Then it will be a case of just maintaining our home form. I still believe by hook or by crook we will be in that top six come what may. Then we're gonna have to face the nightmare that is the play-offs and hope our players will show some bottle for once in their lives.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:40 pm

Blues have sacked Gary Rowett!!!!!!
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:47 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Blues have sacked Gary Rowett!!!!!!
Just seen it. Wtf are they playing at?!
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Strangely sounds like he's been sacked for footballing reasons as well. Don't know what their new owners are expecting. Hopefully works to our advantage with them being potential promotion rivals.

Will be interesting to see how who they bring in to replace him.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:05 pm

danclare82 wrote:
Barmy mate
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:30 pm

I would say that'll Shit them up for a bit but now I bet they'll all be going round saying ancellotti or loew are coming in to replace him. Deluded lot
Jae1411

Championship rivals thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:38 pm

They're being linked with Zola because their board apparently want a famous name.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:44 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
danclare82 wrote:
Barmy mate

That's a shocker - really surprised. All his back office team gone as well - TTA must have someone lined up surely, sacking him whilst in the league position they're in seems weird.

Decent bloke as well, don't think he deserved that although maybe TTA didn't trust him with the January transfer kitty? If they've come in with the same ambitions as Dr Tony, perhaps they thought he just wasn't the man to take them forward.

Rotten timing for him as well - might have been the Blues manager but I couldn't dislike him TBH.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:48 pm

Rowett - my McGrath that must hurt. the bloke has worked an absolute miracle there - thats them out the picture for the play offs then .
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:52 pm

Big sam for SHA
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down