The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+65
Mark_bennett
Keyser Soze
Mr_Spadge
pcfbavfcoman
Perth villan
simbrenn
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
tonyp
Army villain
Alf T
The Utterer
lukevilla
AstonThriller
Kakacroom
UnclePanda
shanghaivilla
achilles
DelboyVilla
gaffer85
shaun87s
AVit
avfc85
South London Villan
KMitch
snakevilla
Dansvilla75
Wookster
Sky
Chrissylee1111
Barton82
Heisenberg
danclare82
tbarrules
Wriggle
Dgrizzle7
1Elliot
wiler
Boldfinger
Synopsis
Saunders82
avfcjoe
Peter
Dazzle
hawk190601
De Kuip
ember
Trotters
Suits
Cha Ching
andrew24561
HarryAVFC
ViewFromT2
Justice league
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
banneruk
BillytheKid
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
smetro
nickf21
rosco77
Andyh
DaveAV1
69 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters Fri May 13, 2016 1:12 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I don't want to jump on the offended bandwagon from earlier (mainly because I'm anot offensive twat most days) but calling people moaning faggots seems a little close to the line...

Ah yes. Joppe, it's 2016. And you're better than that.

I, for one, appreciate that you're being the "Israeli 10th Man" with your thinking as it brings some much needed balance to this absolutely mad thread. But mind the wording, yeah? I appreciate that you were accused of being a 'nose and there's absolutely no need for that either (my missus is a 'nose and trust me, the hatred for Villa...).
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters Fri May 13, 2016 1:15 am

4BetLite wrote:congrats DK and family.

anyway, been to chester zoo today, no one knew nothing up there about takeover, except, and I'm telling ya this guy was definitely ITK, his name was carlos, he's a chimpanzee and he says hollis is using the Chinese as leverage and its worked, the deal is done, its Ellison, jimbop was right all along, the manager is signed, its mourihno and he's bringing rowett as his assistant. it will be announced during brittains got talent on Saturday.

Happy days!

You do realise that there are absolute brain-dead morons out there reading this that think you believe what you're saying. They'll be sitting in front of their computers at home, in their y-fronts, peanut butter on their once-white vests and a crispy wank-sock thrown under the bed (you know, in case a girl decides to visit for the first time - can't have her seeing that). This person will be reading your post and shaking their head at how little hope there is for you. Laughing at You
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri May 13, 2016 1:26 am

Andyh wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Without entering into a quote'athon, why would the Chinese pick a relegated EPL team to show their ambition?  If they wanted to show that they can make greatness of anything, they would have picked Rushden & Diamonds or some other shite.

The only half feasible story would be that they like our lion crest or club colours due to some typisk chinese mumbo jumbo superstition.

It's unthinkable and fucking halfwitted to think the Chinese government has any interest in a AVFC takeover. And why would they in that case be interested in WBA first. Makes no sense

Because, when all is said and done, it is still Aston Villa.
One of the most famous names in world football, with history, pedigree and gravitas.
Aston Villa in the championship is still bigger and more famous than most of the teams in British Football.

But then, you didn't really need that explaining to you, did you?

nickf21 wrote:Why would the Chinese pick a relegated EPL team?

I think we are a potential asset over other clubs because of our history, our availability, a global fan base (despite relegation), relatively good infrastructure (pitch, ground, BMH) and growing Chinese relationship between UK and Birmingham in particular. I don't know if the PM and HRH Willy is a factor but you never know.

One other key factor for me, that isn't limited to the Chinese but which makes the Villa stand out from other clubs is that we are the last "major" UK city to have the opportunity for significant football investment.  Im not sure what the catchment area is for the Midlands but there is massive opportunity in the West Midlands, Gtr. Brum area....

London market is saturated with Arsenal, Chelsea & Tottenham. Liverpool is gone, Manchester is gone... If you want a relatively uncompetitive "local" market - Birmingham is the best opportunity.

Obviously, no-one can compare with AVFC in Birmingham.

And congrats too DK.

There's a story that when the iPhone was first made it had a plastic screen and Steve Jobs put a hold on the whole project because he wanted glass. But that was woefully hard to make and the USA had no factories that could churn out the numbers. Some Chinese bloke got in touch and said he could do it. So off to China the Apple execs went to look. And right next door was some shithole, run-down factory that had been transformed ready to make Apple iPhones.

Apple was just there to see the glass! Yet the Chinese Govt had part-way funded the turn around of this dump of a factory just in case they could convince Jobs to give them the contract. And he did.

Aston Villa are that factory...a Factory Of Sadness. It used to be good. Hell, it used to be great! But now it's a shit tip that's going backwards. But don't think for one second that it's not fucking huge and that it can't be turned around by someone with brains who has a market to capture.

West Brom are pretenders. Leicester - and good one them - have had a hell of a season and have done things the right way. Will they be the next big thing? Maybe. Does the greater midlands area have room for two big teams? Why not...Manchester doesn't seem to have an issue.

As for Villa not being known very well overseas; well, sorry, but that's utter bullshit. You'll get kids who sniff paint who confuse us with West Ham but anyone who knows anything about football knows the name Aston Villa.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri May 13, 2016 1:28 am

And a MASSIVE congrats to DK, Mrs.DK and baby Larry Wang DK! Absolutely delighted for you all.
Smashing news to wake up to!

Beer
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri May 13, 2016 2:00 am

Just thinking on "Chinese government backing". Where is this coming from? Certainly I can understand that having a Chinese bidder involved and Hollis saying they could be a "game changer" then dots could be joined to think that maybe the game that is being changed is football ownership; you could argue that Man City is state owned so maybe the next trend in football will be that clubs are owned by nations....and if you want to be owned by a country, then China isn't a bad one!

But there's a huge difference between "Chinese Government backed" and "Chinese Government Approved" (which every foreign investment has to be if it's using Chinese based money) and I'm wondering if we're interchanging the two. You could probably prove with many high-profile examples that the PRC are most willing to back certain foreign investments with their own money if it suits their needs but I very much doubt that any Chinese take-over will be see us being 100% financed by the government! To me, that's madness on a grand scale.

If it's someone like a Wang, then I imagine they'll make their case to the People that there are sound reasons to chip in a decent wad of cash to help with this investment. I imagine if it's someone with less financial clout (like a Rui Kang) that the Government maybe on-board with a larger investment.

What I can see happening in the event of a Chinese take-over, is not really knowing where the money is coming from (or going to!). If we fail to get certain players we want, will that be the trigger for us to assume that the Chinese Government is pulling out and we're doomed??? Or just the parent company playing smart and aiming for the club to be more profitable or self-sufficient?

One thing is for certain: if we are to become Chinese owned, there will be lots of grey men* making the decisions at Villa. Still, there won't be any shortage of things to talk about!

* here come the skin-colour jokes!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Fri May 13, 2016 2:48 am

Suits wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:
Suits wrote:So two people at the club (Hollis and the ticket office guy) have said that the takeover will bring exciting times for us. I'm desperately trying not to get excited...

Me too mate haha did Hollis really say this or is this just a rumour do you know?

The person who told me this is 100% reliable as far as I'm concerned anyway.

Super cheers for sharing mate really got a feeling this time is the real deal for us Cheers again for sharing Beer
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Fri May 13, 2016 2:52 am

Could be the start of a craze Trotters nations buying clubs or it may just be a case China wants its football brand out there so to speak and with its super league buying top class players like Ramires from Chelsea for £25 million etc etc it maybe wants an advertisement for its football and top business links to be put out there for all to see gaining global exposure at a club like Villa,

Personally i do not give a toss where the money comes from as long as i see Lerner out the door and top players managers and Villa back where we belong challenging for better players and trophies is all i could dream of Scarf Waving
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Fri May 13, 2016 3:12 am

Trotters wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:I don't want to jump on the offended bandwagon from earlier (mainly because I'm anot offensive twat most days) but calling people moaning faggots seems a little close to the line...

Ah yes. Joppe, it's 2016. And you're better than that.

I, for one, appreciate that you're being the "Israeli 10th Man" with your thinking as it brings some much needed balance to this absolutely mad thread. But mind the wording, yeah? I appreciate that you were accused of being a 'nose and there's absolutely no need for that either (my missus is a 'nose and trust me, the hatred for Villa...).

Unfortunate. One of the factors that made this place appealing was the absence of hyper-sensitivity and PC shite that afforded robust and untrammeled exchanges and fuck you terrace and saloon bar humour that has been the right and preserve of men throughout the ages.

Regrettably, the man cards are being cast aside in eager attempts to be with the programme. Diversity MUST be embraced, fostered and promoted. Unless, of course, your idea of diversity is at variance with the concept. In which case you better shut the fuck up about the fact you find the reality of homosexuality repugnant. Shut up, fucker, you can't say that. Don't you realise that it's perfectly normal for one man to bodge his cock up another's shitbox? So what if the percentage of men who do it is in single figures, you mustn't mock or disapprove. It's normal, you neanderthal fascist. Don't you dare use the word faggot, poof or anything else like that. One of those "normal" people might get offended and that's a hate crime.

Anyway. enough, I think. The march towards gelded, homogenised forum continues. The whining, faggot bitches are going to get more clamorous on here and before we know it it's going to like Villatalk. A gaggle of right-on offence-raptors, hovering like fucking kestrels waiting to stoop on anything that might allow them to be offended. The juiciest morsels, of course, are those that allow them to be offended on somebody elses behalf. The absolute Holy fucking Grail of self-righteous, pucker-mouthed, intellectually superior disapproval, the old "I'm not..." or "It doesn't affect me personally but..." however "...I find it incredibly offensive when..."

So, sayonara to the precious cuunts here, I'm done. Don't include you, Trotters, I know you are in an invidious position. You have to try to keep everybody happy but by their very nature the passengers who have chosen to travel on the Offended Express are the gobbiest and the highest maintenance.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri May 13, 2016 5:29 am

"The march towards gelded, homogenised forum continues."

I don't believe that's the case and I'm pretty sure you don't either. There have been some pretty fast and loose comments since the inception of this forum and, by and large, they get ignored; there's not an awful lot of jumping up and down that goes on here. You have to admit that.

And I don't think anyone gets too offended when an off-colour comment is made in jest/humour. But when it's made with a sharp tongue that's meant to cause wider offence, it's a different matter entirely. Everyone has an opinion and, occasionally, debate can get a little "robust". GREAT! I'm all for that. But I don't get the need to use a term that will be considered by most to be un-PC when there are a thousand other words that will get the point across without it hitting a nerve.

So why not use one of those?

I can put it down to one of three things:
1. age - sometimes the older generation aren't up on what is and is not correct in 2016.
2. attitude - you don't really understand or care why certain comments are out of order.
3. posting for effect - you know it's wrong but, for whatever reason, you're pissed off and want to throw a shock-grenade.

I think most on here can work out the reasons and context in which certain offensive comments are made - we're all adults and are aware that public forums (especially football related) can sometimes get a bit "interesting". And yes, it's a fine line that mods have to tread between letting something go and not.

But it's not going to be let go when there's venom behind the words that insult/upset a broader audience.

What gets me is that clearly you do not have a stilted vocabulary so why resort to un-PC comments that lack imagination, especially when you know they are likely to cause offence to someone not party to your particular debate? And that's what it boils down to...I don't expect anyone to be hyper-evolved into some incredibly PC-thinking robot that words everything like it's to be presented in a court of law, but I also hope that we're not devolving to the point where we're making comments that belong in the 70's & 80's.

I'm certainly not about moderating the site so that we must all frame our words to suit the most politically correct person that's likely to come along and read. But by the same token, I'm not a fan of appealing to the LEAST politically correct person either.

There's an accepted middle ground with a decent margin of error. But certain things that get said in certain contexts are outside of those boundaries. You know this. You're not thick.

I'm loathe to have this discussion in public (says he who's into his 11th paragraph) but I need to respond and hopefully say what others feel without them having to chime in and escalate things and what I need to say as a moderator.

I don't want to have to use the site's word-filter to sanitise every little thing (at the moment it's just the c-word); we may as well pack up if that happens. So it's left to people to moderate themselves...which I think we do rather well.

But when the line is stepped over...
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri May 13, 2016 5:34 am

Right, back to the Chinese, eh?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri May 13, 2016 6:40 am

I just assumed Joppe might've used it either for effect or due to being foreign...

Didn't expect some long diatribe about how someone wants to be able to use the word because he finds gay people repugnant. If anything he went into so much detail on his disapproval with it I'd suggest he's so far in the closet he's in Narnia getting rimmed by Aslan before crying in the shower. Poor confused chap.

Anyway, whatever happened to the rumours about European-based, UK businessman buying us. That's one which sounded believable (even if it wasn't the holy grail of Ellison).

Last edited by Villa_Dan on Fri May 13, 2016 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri May 13, 2016 6:49 am

Hollis hasn't been seen on a bus heading down the M1.

Question is how long would he be on china for? I mean if negotiations take 3 days and a day sightseeing after to celebrate, a day to get back and then however long it takes to do legal shit with companies house and then a day to get things ready to announce.

Add all that up from the date he left Heathrow and if there's nothing announced 48 hours after that then we can all blame Lerner for fucking it up.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 6:56 am

Jesus christ. I've never seen football people getting so PC over a word. Where I come from it's just a synonym for a dickhead and asshole. Nothing to do with sexual orientation what so ever.

How do you survive on football terraces? Do you go "excuse me sir that's not fully appropriate in a modern PC society. Now bugger off and drink som half time tea"

Or do you just suck it up and understand it's a part of the culture. Genuinly wonder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri May 13, 2016 7:07 am

The tea option.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri May 13, 2016 7:08 am

In my time following the Villa I've actively sung songs about:

Tracey Andrews being our friend
Yorke's missus being a  slag and his son being blind
Cisse's family dying in a boat disaster
Troy Deeney (sugarbag) being raped in prison

Let's not start comparing errace banter with something else
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri May 13, 2016 7:12 am

PC gone mad.

You can't even say mongoose any more, now you have to say "Special needs goose"......
De Kuip
De Kuip

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri May 13, 2016 7:15 am

De Kuip wrote:PC gone mad.

You can't even say mongoose any more, now you have to say "Special needs goose"......

Ever taken the time to look at a goose from the side? They look angry head on but they do look a little bit special in side profile
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri May 13, 2016 7:52 am

Goose shagger!!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by hawk190601 Fri May 13, 2016 7:56 am

When is Hollis back? Have we got people manning the airport fences?

Perhaps Larry is really Chinese!!! Or maybe Larry and Wanda make up the consortium. cheers

I think this is close now!!
hawk190601

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri May 13, 2016 8:16 am

Joppe84 wrote:Jesus christ. I've never seen football people getting so PC over a word. Where I come from it's just a synonym for a dickhead and asshole. Nothing to do with sexual orientation what so ever.

How do you survive on football terraces?  Do you go "excuse me sir that's not fully appropriate in a modern PC society. Now bugger off and drink som half time tea"

Or do you just suck it up and understand it's a part of the culture. Genuinly wonder.

That's current day Britain, unfortunately. It matters little to the "offended" that the "word" you used that so offended them was not meant in the context that they have taken it. Because they know better than you and are of a higher standing in society. There must be inclusiveness and tolerance for all...........unless you use the word "faggot" or similar, in which case tolerance is fucked off out the window and you shall be hung out to dry in the court of public opinion, possibly stoned, and certainly excluded from that high platform of self righteousness that "they" live on. Besides, when I was a kid we used to eat faggots for supper. Best I get my coat.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Fri May 13, 2016 8:28 am

We do put ourselves through the hell of dashed expectation. I thought the dream of Larry or Wang could not be eclipsed but now we are hoping for the 300 trillion backing of the Chinese government! Think Trotter said it right that any "backing" is likely to just mean they "agree" to the deal going ahead. This is the Villa after all.
I used to have faggots as a kid too and recently ate meat balls and spaghetti in a restaurant. When does a meat ball become a faggot?
Peter

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri May 13, 2016 8:59 am

Peter wrote:We do put ourselves through the hell of dashed expectation. I thought the dream of Larry or Wang could not be eclipsed but now we are hoping for the 300 trillion backing of the Chinese government! Think Trotter said it right that any "backing" is likely to just mean they "agree" to the deal going ahead. This is the Villa after all.
I used to have faggots as a kid too and recently ate meat balls and spaghetti in a restaurant. When does a meat ball become a faggot?
Meat balls are made with meat, faggots are made with offal, heart, lungs etc AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 50815218
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri May 13, 2016 9:16 am

I'm a fat one legged tranny and I'm addicted to donuts, YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 Vanill10

Last edited by 4BetLite on Fri May 13, 2016 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 9:19 am

bit late but congrats DK. my little man is nearly 1 now!! trotters and danvilla, smetro etc may remember me posting on here when he was born! nearly bloody 12 months ago boys, still not sold AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 9:19 am

jimbop wrote:bit late but congrats DK. my little man is nearly 1 now!! trotters and danvilla, smetro etc may remember me posting on here when he was born! nearly bloody 12 months ago boys, still not sold AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 498107619

meaning the club still not sold, not I haven't managed to sell my son yet lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next