The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+69
Justice league
AstonB6
shaun87s
UnclePanda
Barton82
Heisenberg
Leafs1201
Keyser Soze
Suits
Andyh
CoE82
Fpuppys
avfcjoe
Wriggle
gdale1
jvilla
Boldfinger
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
rosco77
andrew24561
Trysullvilla
Andrew Baker
hawk190601
shanghaivilla
Terry Derry
Olofsbeard
Wookster
worcesterkev
VillaSteve
NARLA24
LVBrit
lukevilla
Saunders82
danclare82
Sky
achilles
The Utterer
Villa_Dan
South London Villan
De Kuip
BillytheKid
bruka
Mooseman
thegaffer6
villajk
ember
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
Chrissylee1111
Rawlie
banneruk
Alf T
Thinman
4BetLite
gaffer85
ViewFromT2
Con
AstonThriller
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
snakevilla
Dazzle
HarryAVFC
Trotters
Kakacroom
smetro
simbrenn
deadbuzzardalive
73 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu May 12, 2016 12:38 pm

Justice league wrote:Guys its not the amount of money the new owners have its what infrastructure they are planning to bring in. Lerner had loads of money but his lack of football knowledge and amazing ability to compound one mistake after another got him in the mess he is in now at our clubs cost. I will accept someone (like I have a say in it) who puts together a proper plan. Leicester are a prime example and you will find now that clubs will look at what they have achieved and believe they can do the same. We need intelligent owners who will look and learn. Even the big spenders have a proper board with experience people at the top.

I agree...but people quick to lose sight sometimes that Leicester owners have spent the none too insignificant amount of around £100m since coming in. We are going to need serious financial investment aswell as a pucka structure!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Leafs1201 Thu May 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Trotters wrote:
Leafs1201 wrote:
Suits wrote:Hi guys, haven't posted on here in a very long time but just thought I'd pass on a little bit of info. Hollis flew to Shanghai this afternoon on flight BA169 from Heathrow. Flew with two other people. I don't know if it's anything takeover related but I guess it's possible.

I work for BA at Heathrow and although I'm home from work now  I'm gonna have to call someone at work to try and get hold of the passenger list for the 169 flight, will let you know if I succeed.

You DO realise we've all been up all night waiting, right?

Sorry Trotters, couldn't get hold of the passenger list for the flight as it had already departed and then some old bint started on about data protection, Sad
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice league Thu May 12, 2016 12:42 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Justice league wrote:Guys its not the amount of money the new owners have its what infrastructure they are planning to bring in. Lerner had loads of money but his lack of football knowledge and amazing ability to compound one mistake after another got him in the mess he is in now at our clubs cost. I will accept someone (like I have a say in it) who puts together a proper plan. Leicester are a prime example and you will find now that clubs will look at what they have achieved and believe they can do the same. We need intelligent owners who will look and learn. Even the big spenders have a proper board with experience people at the top.

I agree...but people quick to lose sight sometimes that Leicester owners have spent the none too insignificant amount of around £100m since coming in. We are going to need serious financial investment aswell as a pucka structure!

Agreed. However, it does show what a complete mess Lerner made of his investment, serious incompetence, no wonder his wife left him and took the rest of the money.
Justice league
Justice league

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu May 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Leafs1201 wrote:
Trotters wrote:
Leafs1201 wrote:
Suits wrote:Hi guys, haven't posted on here in a very long time but just thought I'd pass on a little bit of info. Hollis flew to Shanghai this afternoon on flight BA169 from Heathrow. Flew with two other people. I don't know if it's anything takeover related but I guess it's possible.

I work for BA at Heathrow and although I'm home from work now  I'm gonna have to call someone at work to try and get hold of the passenger list for the 169 flight, will let you know if I succeed.

You DO realise we've all been up all night waiting, right?

Sorry Trotters, couldn't get hold of the passenger list for the flight as it had already departed and then some old bint started on about data protection, Sad

"old bint"...ha, love it......you mean your boss don't ya?

lol!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu May 12, 2016 12:48 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:I can see us being flogged to some right bodge job

This is my worry matey i understand fans like Justice League saying its the brains and thought the new owners whoever they are put into it but i will point out how many top teams have small wealth owners and sustained success is only achieved by the clubs that are bankrolled the right way, Lerner having $1Billion was never going to be the owner we needed to take the club and keep it up there amongst the very best in the land now i agree new owners need to appoint the right people but with the rumours of Camoli and RDM as manager i am not sure i this smacks of Ellison esk takeover or far less wealthy but appointing Camoli straight away tells me that money will be spent but its the sustained building that we need past the next few years like Lerner then get bored and want your money back this will kick us in the balls
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu May 12, 2016 12:50 pm

That was my first thought! :)

Thanks for trying. But until he returns, please remain at work. Just tell them you're waiting for a friend or something and keep your eye on the arrivals gate of anything coming in from China.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu May 12, 2016 12:53 pm

I think we'll get the name of the new owners and we'll all be like "who???" and then there'll be four pages of links in Chinese.

Half will say that even if he's a laundromat owner, he's better than Lerner, Harry will be back in group therapy and Joppe will refuse to buy beers as being taken over by someone we've never heard of doesn't count.

Had anyone heard of Randy Lerner prior to him darkening our door?
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu May 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Exactly - and it the moment that structure could consist of Camloi (French and ex liverpool) and RDM
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu May 12, 2016 1:25 pm

A dodgy Chinese group, Comoli and RDM 

That's a scary thought
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu May 12, 2016 1:26 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:A dodgy Chinese group, Comoli and RDM 

That's a scary thought

Not even Aston Villa could be that unlucky.
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu May 12, 2016 1:26 pm

Martinez will be avalible now, as are Moyes and Rodgers. I don't rate Roberto but can see us going for him
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu May 12, 2016 1:27 pm

smetro wrote:

That's a scary thought

We are that unlucky 

Fell safer with just Pearson running the show
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice league Thu May 12, 2016 1:32 pm

smetro wrote:

That's a scary thought

We knock Comoli but lets be real which player has he signed would NOT get into our side because they wouldn't improve it..............THAT'S HOW BAD WE ARE.
Justice league
Justice league

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Thu May 12, 2016 1:36 pm

I don't understand the whole negativity around Comoli.....

Everyone saying that he signed Carroll and Henderson for big money, Carroll was a 1 goal in 2 games man at Newcastle (20 goals a season(ish)), Just breaking into the England set up, unfortunately he went to Liverpool and flopped because they do not play a system which suits a big target man, now he's at West Ham, fit in a team that play more to his strengths, he is doing well again.

And Henderson, is Liverpool club captain, floating in and around the England squad, struggle to see how this is a poor signing too? Both prices inflated by the English player market, but definitely not as bad as people make out.

Add to that the likes of Bale, Modric, Suarez, Berbatov and a mix of a few young players starting to come through, I personally think he gets far too much stick!

avfcjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu May 12, 2016 1:43 pm

avfcjoe wrote:I don't understand the whole negativity around Comoli.....

Everyone saying that he signed Carroll and Henderson for big money, Carroll was a 1 goal in 2 games man at Newcastle (20 goals a season(ish)), Just breaking into the England set up, unfortunately he went to Liverpool and flopped because they do not play a system which suits a big target man, now he's at West Ham, fit in a team that play more to his strengths, he is doing well again.

And Henderson, is Liverpool club captain, floating in and around the England squad, struggle to see how this is a poor signing too? Both prices inflated by the English player market, but definitely not as bad as people make out.

Add to that the likes of Bale, Modric, Suarez, Berbatov and a mix of a few young players starting to come through, I personally think he gets far too much stick!

Yes, but if he is head honcho, he isn't going to want a strong character of manager beneath him....and no decent manager will come to us knowing he isn't going to have control over transfers. Its as though Lerner isn't leaving.......we will have learnt nothing.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Thu May 12, 2016 1:45 pm

'The £35m move for Carroll is one of the moves that has attracted the most criticism, but again, Comolli is quick to defend the actions of the club.

He added: ‘If you want to talk about the Carroll deal, the situation was quite clear.

‘The way we looked at it, we were selling two players – Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel – and we were bringing two in – Suarez and Carroll – and we were making a profit and the wage bill was coming down considerably as well. It was a four-player deal.

'Chelsea kept bidding higher and higher for Torres. The difference between their first and final bid is double.

'They [FSG] asked me what the risks were and I said if things don’t go well you’ll lose something on Andy, but it is difficult to measure whether you will make money if things go well because Liverpool aren’t a selling club and he could be here for the next 10 years.’' Report at time...... Strikes me as a man who knows what he's doing! Far more so than what we currently have at the club!
avfcjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Thu May 12, 2016 1:47 pm

smetro wrote:
avfcjoe wrote:I don't understand the whole negativity around Comoli.....

Yes, but if he is head honcho, he isn't going to want a strong character of manager beneath him....and no decent manager will come to us knowing he isn't going to have control over transfers. Its as though Lerner isn't leaving.......we will have learnt nothing.

You don't find many clubs where the manager has full control over transfers. Unfortunately you hear the bad sides of a so called 'transfer committee' and it almost exclusively comes from a manager who has failed and been sacked.
avfcjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu May 12, 2016 2:19 pm

If the choice is Comoli or Paddy Riley, then come on down Daniel!

Look at other people involved with us now, Gen. Charles C. Krulak FFS! The Pol Pot of customer Relations!

Harry cheer up out of the 92 league owners only 4 are bad so that's 95% chance of a good owner!!

Not many successful people love being failures (no I do not class Lerner as successful) so have some faith!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu May 12, 2016 2:40 pm

How many managers will work under Comoli ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu May 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Martinez sacked.

not for me, but just thought I d mention it.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu May 12, 2016 2:51 pm

I think someone like Comoli would give you some kind of longer term stability and a footballing philosophy. That quote above that Joe posted tells me in a couple of sentences that he has a depth of understanding far greater than anyone at our club - not difficult between General Bullshit, Dickhead Lerner and Hollis.

I imagine that he'd have a far more current grasp of the game and significantly wider contacts than Sir Brian.

It seems to me that he plays at the high rollers table and the last person we had that did that was MoN. And no one wants to see a repeat of some of the shit he brought in on massive wages. But, for the dross MoN bought, you have players like Young and Milner to balance it out. Kinda.

If big hitters come in then I wouldn't mind someone like Comoli. Probably the closest we'll get to replacing Steve Stride. And it ain't my money so as long as the new owners don't hit the brakes for 5 years after getting burned once then who cares if Comoli comes in and gets the odd one or two wrong?

Last edited by Trotters on Thu May 12, 2016 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu May 12, 2016 2:55 pm

I think we will just go for the one manager Harry?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Thu May 12, 2016 2:57 pm

That's a scary thought

Maybe we'll get a decent haircut though.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu May 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Trotters wrote:I think we'll get the name of the new owners and we'll all be like "who???" and then there'll be four pages of links in Chinese.

Half will say that even if he's a laundromat owner, he's better than Lerner, Harry will be back in group therapy and Joppe will refuse to buy beers as being taken over by someone we've never heard of doesn't count.

Had anyone heard of Randy Lerner prior to him darkening our door?

lol! lol! Good points there mate i had never banker before he bought us so it does go to show if we don't know of there name BLOODY START PANICKING THEY AM SHIT AS LERNER Very Happy

Some are saying this Rui Kang Group investors will make our club Man City Chelsea level so there clearly is something about who owns this Rui Kang and there financial clout
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu May 12, 2016 3:02 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:How many managers will work under Comoli ?

At least 2 in the first season ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next