The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+69
Justice league
AstonB6
shaun87s
UnclePanda
Barton82
Heisenberg
Leafs1201
Keyser Soze
Suits
Andyh
CoE82
Fpuppys
avfcjoe
Wriggle
gdale1
jvilla
Boldfinger
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
rosco77
andrew24561
Trysullvilla
Andrew Baker
hawk190601
shanghaivilla
Terry Derry
Olofsbeard
Wookster
worcesterkev
VillaSteve
NARLA24
LVBrit
lukevilla
Saunders82
danclare82
Sky
achilles
The Utterer
Villa_Dan
South London Villan
De Kuip
BillytheKid
bruka
Mooseman
thegaffer6
villajk
ember
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
Chrissylee1111
Rawlie
banneruk
Alf T
Thinman
4BetLite
gaffer85
ViewFromT2
Con
AstonThriller
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
snakevilla
Dazzle
HarryAVFC
Trotters
Kakacroom
smetro
simbrenn
deadbuzzardalive
73 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by NARLA24 Thu May 12, 2016 5:50 pm

rosco77 wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:This is what Alan Nixon (journalist) has said.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 CiRKfSbWgAEdZk2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiRKfSbWgAEdZk2.jpg

But if it is to be government backed, I've no idea why they'd use Rui Kang, as a front.

It's not a front to hide behind.  It's a front to allow funds to be added and utilised without internal bureaucracy. From what I've read Rui Kang is a Chinese owned holdings company that has subsidiaries in pharmaceuticals.  It works on behalf of the Chinese government to handle these holdings that occur overseas.  The weird thing about the Chinese government is that they own companies.  These companies are the Chinese government and as such have to have authorisation on any amount of money that is being sent out of the country over x amount.  However if the company holds profits elsewhere then these profits can be used without authorisation.  Rui Kang is a company operating from Bermuda.  The profits we see from their holdings are purely profits they make public from dealings and holdings outside of China.  They do not represent the complete wealth or backing behind a company in any shape or form as these are internal to Chinese State owned accounts.  That is my understanding of the situation. If this is the case with this company and Rui Kang is the Chinese government then this is completely unfounded and actually quite a scary bank roll.  Plus add to that all the new Chinese fans that we will get when the state officially sanctions us...That is a lot of Gwealish shirts that could be sold.

Edit: This link shows the fact it is a joint venture with the Chinese State [http://www.ruikang.com.hk/index.php]
This link shows they operate as a holding company for various ventures both inside and outside of China with pharma subsidiaries [http://www.ruikang.com.hk/default.php?cmd=aboutus]
The most sensible post of the day. Bravo sir.
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 5:52 pm

People are dreaming or on LSD if they think the Chinese government will have any input on a takeover in terms of club development and money.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu May 12, 2016 6:02 pm

I think most Chinese companies are in part state owned. That isn't in itself proof that if such a company bought us, they'd be bankrolled by the Chinese government.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu May 12, 2016 6:05 pm

Joppe84 wrote:People are dreaming or on LSD if they think the Chinese government will have any input on a takeover in terms of club development and money.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIWB-Neyj-c
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu May 12, 2016 6:19 pm

Love the Nicko tweet!!

Another tweet from a Villa fan

Shelley ‏@shelley_ozzy

@hughespaul09 @reluctantnicko @PaulRG14 the new owners are meant to be 'game changing' according to the fat controller, Hollis. We'll see.

IF Hollis has indeed said they are "game changing" then boy things could get very interesting my friends Very Happy .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu May 12, 2016 6:22 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Love the Nicko tweet!!

Shelley ‏@shelley_ozzy  

@hughespaul09 @reluctantnicko @PaulRG14 the new owners are meant to be 'game changing' according to the fat controller, Hollis. We'll see.

IF Hollis has indeed said they are "game changing" then boy things could get very interesting my friends Very Happy .
It´s happening i tell ya
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu May 12, 2016 6:23 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Love the Nicko tweet!!

Shelley ‏@shelley_ozzy  

Hollis said that to the same person who said he was flying to Shanghai yesterday. They're either big fat porky piers or things could get very interesting once they take over.
Suits

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu May 12, 2016 6:32 pm

If Hollis really has flown to Shanghai and called the deal 'game changing', then it would probably be more likely Dalian Wanda than some (relatively) small company backed by the Chinese government. Although I think I'm right in saying that DW are themselves partly state owned, as are all the top ten richest Chinese companies.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu May 12, 2016 6:43 pm

So nothing concrete yet but maybe not Ellison after all?

Fuck me today was mental driving Mrs DK to the delivery suite got stuck in traffic on the M5 got there and 3 minutes on the ward little girl arrives. Time on car park ticket 09.01 time of birth 09.07!!
Still meant we weren't there long. Back home at 2pm in time for takeover announcement - oh, OK, no announcement then........might need an extra one of Joppe''s beers. Almost called her baby Texaco as I nearly pulled into the services to deliver her myself haha.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Thu May 12, 2016 6:53 pm

Congratulations DK
Sky
Sky

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu May 12, 2016 6:54 pm

With the Chinese apparently set to spend loads of money in Birmingham could buying Villa be part of the plan which is why the group are government backed? Who knows.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu May 12, 2016 6:56 pm

De Kuip wrote:So nothing concrete yet but maybe not Ellison after all?

Fuck me today was mental driving Mrs DK to the delivery suite got stuck in traffic on the M5 got there and 3 minutes on the ward little girl arrives. Time on car park ticket 09.01 time of birth 09.07!!
Still meant we weren't there long. Back home at 2pm in time for takeover announcement - oh, OK,  no announcement then........might need an extra one of Joppe''s beers. Almost called her baby Texaco as I nearly pulled into the services to deliver her myself haha.

Impeccable timing DK, bet the old sphincter was twitching a bit.

Best wishes to you and your family.
South London Villan
South London Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu May 12, 2016 6:58 pm

Congratulations De Kuip, 6 minutes that's faster than Villa take to concede and twice as long as it took for you to produce: lol!

Fpuppys
Fpuppys

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu May 12, 2016 7:15 pm

Congrats DK
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu May 12, 2016 7:16 pm

Laughing Scarf Waving
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco77 Thu May 12, 2016 7:22 pm

Joppe84 wrote:People are dreaming or on LSD if they think the Chinese government will have any input on a takeover in terms of club development and money.

The Chinese government is pumping money in to football on a massive scale as can be seen at this link.  It would make sense for them to look to other successful leagues to begin to dominate the game and develop a footing in the league.  UAE have done it very well with Emirates and Etihad.  Why bother messing around trying to buy United, Chelsea, or Man City for massive prices when you can buy a team with one of the best histories in the world, that has been in one of the best leagues in the world, is supported by royalty, the PM, and of course Tom Hanks...who doesn't like a Tom Hank movie!  It's a sure bet for £75m if you have £300t

State Owned Enterprises exits all over the place.  There are plenty of state owned companies in the UK as well. Most of which are massively funded by the UK government with a view to not be allowed to fail You can see a full list here.

If these guys do come on board then I do see the Chinese government investing in us to make us their first acquisition.  The money they will receive in return WILL be huge regardless of how we played in this season given the fact they have so much money to invest.  Just look at how they've handled their home league and the money they've put in to that.  Imagine if you get the same success in the UK by buying a massive club for just £75million.  Plus having the opportunity to say this league team is linked to this EPL league winning team.  We could be the first of many acquisitions of this type for all we know Such is being highlighted here.

Lerner has also probably been promised parachute payments of his own if we begin to make huge profits as well.  

The other interesting article shows why the deal may be better this time round rather than last year given that the Chinese government has amended how SOE have been structured moving forward.  This change allows private investors to own shares in SOE (think Ali Barber, etc.) which would give rise to why Rui Kang has been brought out (to allow restructuring) and why the investment is now favorable to Villa whereas last summer it wasn't.  

If Ellison is/was in the running then there is no way on earth he can compete with a country like china.  Shanghai is the business capital of China and that is why it would make sense for Hollis to be there signing the deal as we speak.  I may live in Amsterdam but I definitely didn't do acid today nor did I smoke some wakybacky.  However I may also be shit at maths and putting 2+2 together and getting a 6 pack of beer.

I don't know anything about any of the rumours being true or where they will take us but this is a very real "stare in to the abyss" scenario that none of us can foresee what may come. I for one am excited.

Last edited by rosco77 on Thu May 12, 2016 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
rosco77
rosco77

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Thu May 12, 2016 7:22 pm

De Kuip wrote:So nothing concrete yet but maybe not Ellison after all?

Still meant we weren't there long. Back home at 2pm in time for takeover announcement - oh, OK,  no announcement then........might need an extra one of Joppe''s beers. Almost called her baby Texaco as I nearly pulled into the services to deliver her myself haha.

Congratulations dk
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco77 Thu May 12, 2016 7:23 pm

Congratulations DK. I presume you're naming her Ava (Aston Villa Always).
rosco77
rosco77

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu May 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Congratulations DK wow all this takeover talk is producing soooooo many young Villans produced Very Happy
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu May 12, 2016 7:47 pm

Congratulations DK fella.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu May 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Congratulations DK AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3769219917

On the Takeover it really does look like nail biting time now as the final stages seem to be near. Everything crossed for a great outcome and able new owners.
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu May 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Thanks all really touched by the kind wishes, fair gives me a lump in the throat!
Ava - jeez good name ha ha. Not thought of that AV Always Very Happy
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Olofsbeard Thu May 12, 2016 8:03 pm

Congratulations DK. Waiting on the new owners before deliberating over naming?
Olofsbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidvilla73 Thu May 12, 2016 8:13 pm

I am a season ticke holder, I Recently wrote to Steve Hollis complaining about shutting upper trinity and that I am having to move elsewhere in the stadium. I received a phone call today from Lee Preece from Villa apologising that Mr Hollis hadn't replied to me personally but it is because he is really busy sorting out the takeover with a Chinese consortium, might just be PR talk to get me to buy new ST but thought I'd share information
Davidvilla73

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Thu May 12, 2016 8:19 pm

Davidvilla73 wrote:I am a season ticke holder, I Recently wrote to Steve Hollis complaining about shutting upper trinity and that I am having to move elsewhere in the stadium. I received a phone call today from Lee Preece from Villa apologising that Mr Hollis hadn't replied to me personally but it is because he is really busy sorting out the takeover with a Chinese consortium, might just be PR talk to get me to buy new ST but thought I'd share information

Hmmm, while I totally believe you about who called you, I'll take the bit about the Chinese takeover with a pinch of salt.
That said, I know from experience that LP is not the most 'discreet' of people. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 226846862
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next