The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Managers, who would we want?

+67
GadgetMan
Trainspotter
Mat Kendrick's Dentist
Longboy
upthevilla76
Daved1984
Andy_Villa
New Yorke
kimbo
Dunny69
My Old Man
bose88
villashrew
Villa_Dan
TheTechniqueSMC
The Utterer
switters
AVFClee
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
supermon
tbarrules
clarryblue
Keyser Soze
AndyLochhead
hurdy
bedders
KMitch
mefromhere
birchy7
HarryAVFC
Donnie Wyer
SCATTERBAD
Lee hendries tan
tonyp
Mr Jones
HH 8166
Aesorian
Someone Relevant
CoE82
Cha Ching
MYSTERYMAN
whiteensign
Randiandipandi
Villanz
Diablo
Archie Villan
ejs1111
Roncrete
Ron Dalian
JavvieSmalls
erdingtonb24
Trezzy
villaneil
prmort
AntJac
thegaffer6
ant 2014
Elagabalus
UnclePanda
Dek of Villa
Boz
Uber_lowey
CTVillan
Since75
Billy No Mates
Richard E
Trotters
71 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Managers, who would we want? - Page 11 Empty Re: Managers, who would we want?

Post by HarryAVFC Sun May 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Remember the Friday before the Hull game peolple were being shown around Bodymoor Heath, well I got a message from someone who was there saying "Turkish connection". After Yakin resigned on Friday I asked him is it him and he said yes he was shown around and was very impressed.

We shell see
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Managers, who would we want? - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun May 18, 2014 1:21 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:
switters wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:

Was thinking the same, but unfortunately, Saints are in a different class to us now  

this season, yes. but it could well change quickly - Southampton got a lot of debts* and the big clubs are circling round their best players and their manager could be off to Spurs.

* http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26813363

Did not realize that. so the money they are getting for shaw will only be used to pay the 27 Mill they own to other clubs ?

That's what I read too. Saints could have a real drop this season if they lost Shaw, Lallana, Rodriguez and Pochettino. Be a real shame for them IMO as I've liked seeing them play well. But you've gotta pay your debts
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Managers, who would we want? - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by switters Sun May 18, 2014 1:22 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:
switters wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:

Was thinking the same, but unfortunately, Saints are in a different class to us now  

this season, yes. but it could well change quickly - Southampton got a lot of debts* and the big clubs are circling round their best players and their manager could be off to Spurs.

* http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26813363

Did not realize that. so the money they are getting for shaw will only be used to pay the 27 Mill they own to other clubs ?

possibly. they say they don't need to sell players, but clearly all is not rosy there. chairman Nicola Cortese resigned in January and there's been plenty of rumours the owner wants to sell up.
switters

Managers, who would we want? - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun May 18, 2014 1:22 pm

Murat Yakin will be a coup for us if true, there are reportedly a lot of clubs circling around and sounding him out. Personally I would be chuffed to bits with him but still fear it will end up bloody Moyes.  Sad 
villashrew
villashrew

Managers, who would we want? - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bose88 Sun May 18, 2014 1:23 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Remember the Friday before the Hull game peolple were being shown around Bodymoor Heath, well I got a message from someone who was there saying "Turkish connection". After Yakin resigned on Friday I asked him is it him and he said yes he was shown around and was very impressed.

Turkish connection? Yakin is more Swiss than Turkish.

A manager under contract at another club would not visit a another clubs training ground for a potential job.
bose88

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Sun May 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Moyes probably would have us down as 5th or 6th choice he is a very good manager and probably realistic.

I think he is more of a realistic target to Yakin.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun May 18, 2014 1:25 pm

Im pretty sure that Yakin will not be our new manager. Reports suggest that he has had talks with Spurs and Lazio.

I think to attract the right calibre of player to move us forward, then we need somebody that everyone knows, as a reputation for getting success, and who will show to everyone that AVFC has refound its ambition.

Getting the next appointment right is vital, and will signal just how much ambition our new owner has for the club.

My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 18, 2014 1:26 pm

bose88 wrote:

A manager under contract at another club would not visit a another clubs training ground for a potential job.

If he has a contract at his current club that allows him to talk to a club in one of Europe's top leagues then he could. I assume if he's been approached he'd be up front and honest about it (unlike what MoN did behind Randy's back, the bastard!) and asked their board for permission as per the conditions of his contract.

Last edited by Trotters on Sun May 18, 2014 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

Managers, who would we want? - Page 11 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sun May 18, 2014 1:27 pm

bose88 wrote:

Could easily of had a buyout clause triggered and Basel have said departed by mutual consent. Also didn't OGS fly over here to have talks for potential job, as did Martinez with the Liverpool job.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Sun May 18, 2014 1:29 pm

bose88 wrote:

He is a born a bred Turk how you can establish a more Swiss connection astounds me.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunny69 Sun May 18, 2014 1:30 pm

As long as it's not another dour British Manager ala Moyes, I would be open minded. A bit of Latin passion and flair for me, thinking lower than I hope we go here but what about Poyet?  :?: 
Dunny69

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun May 18, 2014 1:32 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:

No they're not. Their team is better at the mo but we have masses of more potential. We're underachieving about as much as they are overachieving.
kimbo
kimbo

Managers, who would we want? - Page 11 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by New Yorke Sun May 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Got to say I'm much more enthused by the suggestion of it being Yakin than names like Benitez, Moyes etc who I would have been disappointed by.
New Yorke
New Yorke

Back to top Go down

Post by bose88 Sun May 18, 2014 1:33 pm

TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
bose88 wrote:

He is a born a bred Turk how you can establish a more Swiss connection astounds me.

Well no he's a born and bred Swiss raised by Turkish parents.

Last edited by bose88 on Sun May 18, 2014 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
bose88

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun May 18, 2014 1:34 pm

Can the mods add a poll to this thread with the 10 most likely/talked about options?
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy_Villa Sun May 18, 2014 1:35 pm

TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
bose88 wrote:

Playing devils advocate, Murat Yakin was born in Swizerland & played for the Suisse national team...
Andy_Villa
Andy_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Sun May 18, 2014 1:36 pm

bose88 wrote:
TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
bose88 wrote:

Well no he's a born and bred Swiss raised by Turkish patents.

I was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil doesn't mean I am Brazilian - Just saying
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun May 18, 2014 1:37 pm

bose88 wrote:

Of course they would. They have. They will again. It happens. He is leaving by mutual consent, so the club are obviously aware of it.

Hell, I'm willing to wager it would happen when it shouldn't, though that is the conspiracy theorist in me.

But if a club has agreed, then of course they could and would do such a thing.

I have no idea if there is even a percentage of a percent of truth in this link, but I can assure you that a manager would do that.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 1:37 pm

New Yorke wrote:Got to say I'm much more enthused by the suggestion of it being Yakin than names like Benitez, Moyes etc who I would have been disappointed by.

Aye, I know what you mean. A dash of the unknown is always exciting. He could be ace. He could not be but with some of the others you know what they are like enough to not be enthused.

Regarding Yakin taking the job on Monday, I will believe it when I see it though.

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun May 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Cathal Coughlan's Dog wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:It's a management team to be announced tomorrow not the new owner. Expect a youngish foreign manager and either interpreter or DOF. I think we've signed an Austrian kid and two lads from saints.

We could have done with an interpreter for Lambert.

lol! 
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun May 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Dunny69 wrote:As long as it's not another Scottish Manager ala Moyes, I would be open minded. A bit of Latin passion and flair for me, thinking lower than I hope we go here but what about Poyet?  :?: 

Fixed, just for accuracy 8)
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun May 18, 2014 1:41 pm

TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
bose88 wrote:
TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
bose88 wrote:

He was born in Switzerland, he was raised in Switzerland, he played for Switzerland, he lives in Switzerland. He comes from a Turkish family. He played for Swiss clubs and Turkish clubs.

Seems a bit like arguing whether a lot of the younger people from our diverse culture are English or Indian/Chinese/Irish/Jamaican/Polish etc.

All seems much of a muchness to me, and very very little to argue about, ha!
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 18, 2014 1:43 pm

villashrew wrote:Can the mods add a poll to this thread with the 10 most likely/talked about options?

Write me up a list and I'll get it added for you.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Sun May 18, 2014 1:45 pm

kimbo wrote:
TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
bose88 wrote:
TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
bose88 wrote:

He was born in Switzerland, he was raised in Switzerland, he played for Switzerland, he lives in Switzerland. He comes from a Turkish family. He played for Swiss clubs and Turkish clubs.

Seems a bit like arguing whether a lot of the younger people from our diverse culture are English or Indian/Chinese/Irish/Jamaican/Polish etc.

You can be pedantic all you want but he was Born by 2 Turkish Parents and was bred by 2 Turkish parents thus he is Turkish Very Happy lol this is getting silly now anyway lets move on and Yes I was born in Brazil just to confirm that as a fact. Very Happy
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 18, 2014 1:45 pm

kimbo wrote:

Halfway between the two is, what? Bulgaria?

So we'll say he's Bulgarian and was recommended by Petrov. Now it's all coming together. Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next