The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Transfer window

+54
rosco77
chrisw1
Nath11
big ming
Leafs1201
4BetLite
avfc85
Synopsis
villajk
Terry Derry
Saunders82
smetro
FoxyAV
mefromhere
achilles
Villa_Dan
Dions_Bald_Head
KMitch
danclare82
UnclePanda
DaveAV1
Dazzle
thegaffer6
ViewFromT2
The Utterer
EbeneezerGoode
Thinman
Jae1411
Rawlie
andrew24561
VTID85
Trotters
ember
Wookster
NARLA24
bruka
banneruk
VillaBill
fastbackace
Stratfordvilla
Con
wiler
Cha Ching
féliré
Robbo
Dgrizzle7
tonyp
Born Under The Holte End
WendyOz
jeffvilla
DelboyVilla
Army villain
avfc forever
De Kuip
58 posters

Page 15 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Go down

Transfer window - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer window

Post by villajk Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:33 pm

look to the future, grealish offers more than remi ,remi would not come anyway,
villajk

Transfer window - Page 15 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:43 pm

LoL I know Chelsea have sunk a bit but they haven't sunk low enough to think Grealish is an option to do anything other than make up home grown requirements. Remy won't come as Hiddink had already accused Villa of trying to tap him up so we would be the last club he is allowed to leave for. I think Bacuna has done alright at right back last couple of games, especially when you think he is a winger and has only ever played defensively for us.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:15 pm

Christian Santos is being linked
avfc85
avfc85

Transfer window - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:16 pm

I hate it when I hear that comment, He's done alright.......... That's why we in this shit mess, the alright's and ok's like bacuna, Westwood, Guzan, etc have to be fighting to be on the bench let alone be starters.

The worst thing you can say  to someone is, that was OK, fuck ok.......... Long live perfection I say.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Transfer window - Page 15 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Premier League Loan Rules:

Premier League rules limit clubs to just two season-long domestic loans but international deals are, essentially, limitless.
League regulations also say that no side can have more than one domestic loan from the same club.
Any acquisitions would have to keep clubs in line with the quota of having a minimum of eight home grown players in their 25 man squads.

Therefore if we get Debuchy we can only get one other loan domestic signing and not from Arsenal!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:04 pm

achilles wrote:Therefore if we get Debuchy we can only get one other loan domestic signing and not from Arsenal!
Fuck, so I can kiss goodbye to that £100 I put on Ozil coming to us until the end of the season? Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse!
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:27 pm

Whatever happens, there's no excuse for not:

A) sorting out whatever contracts we have that will be a problem in the summer.

B) buying players that can be useful in the championship and be good enough to provide competition for the rest of this season. Byram, Heaton, Afobe are just three examples

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:37 pm

Joppe84 wrote:buying players that can be useful in the championship and be good enough to provide competition for the rest of this season. Byram, Heaton, Afobe are just three examples

Sorry, but any of these players would turn us down if another Premier League team also bid for them. Why join a team destined for the Championship when you could join a team that isn't already doomed? Virtually no players who would improve us will touch us with a ten foot pole right now, even if we throw a bunch of money at them. The idiots running the club already have written us off as relegated and are not going to release the funds to buy players who would slot right in and improve us. Garde probably has enough money to pick up 1-2 Sylla/Luna type gambles and any cheap loans he can arrange from abroad. Any highly rated players from the lower leagues would pass on a sinking ship like ours until they see how things shake out this summer.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Debuchy isn't sure about joining us on loan because of our shitty league position.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10134000/arsenals-mathieu-debuchy-unsure-about-joining-aston-villa-on-loan

"Aston Villa are in great difficulty and that's why I'm taking time before making a decision. They're a big English club and I'm not ruling out the possibility... I have also talked to Remi Garde over the phone."

If he doesn't want to come here and play for us for 6 months on loan with a guaranteed starting spot in the Premier League, he can fuck off. I'd rather have Bacuna play RB because he at least has shown that he will fight for the badge.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:38 pm

104 touches, 90% passing accuracy: Aston Villa loanee Gary Gardner shines for Nottingham Forest playing great our gary .who do we play westwood ,a fit gardner would be our best midfielder
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:49 pm

villajk wrote:104 touches, 90% passing accuracy: Aston Villa loanee Gary Gardner shines for Nottingham Forest playing great our gary .who do we play westwood ,a fit gardner would be our best midfielder

What better way to prepare for the Championship? They were there and wanting to take him, I suspect there weren't any requests for Westwood.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Transfer window - Page 15 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:04 am

Fantastic stats on Gary Gardner. Gestede also has fantastic stats at lower league level.

I really would like to believe that Gardner is the future but so many managers have overlooked him. You have to ask why. Even Remi who was adamant that Kozak was the last striker he'd pick has been desperate enough to give him a crack yet he's not even given Gary 5 minutes at the end of a game.

I suspect that Gardner's best hope now is that he integrates well with the side when we play in the championship next season and cements his spot with he style of play Remi will use. Then, if we are promoted (huge IF), he'll get his chance then.
Trotters
Trotters

Transfer window - Page 15 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:26 am

I saw on VillaTalk news that someone posted on a Stoke forum that Marc Wilson is joining us for 4.5 million.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/252937/marc-wilson

Doesn't fill me with optimism. He's Stoke's lowest rated player on WhoScored.com this season. Can play all across the back and center midfield, but they rate him best at left back.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:42 am

I wouldn't mind that. He'd improve us we're that shit

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:10 am

FoxyAV wrote:
villajk wrote:104 touches, 90% passing accuracy: Aston Villa loanee Gary Gardner shines for Nottingham Forest playing great our gary .who do we play westwood ,a fit gardner would be our best midfielder

What better way to prepare for the Championship? They were there and wanting to take him, I suspect there weren't any requests for Westwood.

Isn't he out of contract in the summer? Don't think we will see him in a villa shirt to be honest.

Anyone listen to Ian Taylor talk about him on the radio last Monday? I got the feeling he ain't a huge fan. "Young" Gary Gardner is almost 25 now ffs!.....Tayls opinion (and I agree) was that at his age he has either gotta be banging the door down to get a game....or be leaving the club to get his regular football....not loan spells....leaving.

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:15 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:Isn't he out of contract in the summer?

Signed a new 3 year contract last August. 

ViewFromT2 wrote:Gardner is almost 25 now

To be fair, he's not. He's 23 and not 24 until the end of June. 

That said, the game this weekend was the first time he managed 90mins this season, and those stats are impressive except they were against a Bolton team who are rock bottom and were playing with 10 men. GG could still become a great player for us but a couple of performances in the Championship do not a Premier League saviour make (for reference, look at Gestede). I do think he'll be a big player for us next season, and I think him and Mowatt would be a dynamite 2 in midfield.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:25 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Isn't he out of contract in the summer?

Signed a new 3 year contract last August. 

ViewFromT2 wrote:Gardner is almost 25 now

To be fair, he's not. He's 23 and not 24 until the end of June. 

That said, the game this weekend was the first time he managed 90mins this season, and those stats are impressive except they were against a Bolton team who are rock bottom and were playing with 10 men. GG could still become a great player for us but a couple of performances in the Championship do not a Premier League saviour make (for reference, look at Gestede). I do think he'll be a big player for us next season, and I think him and Mowatt would be a dynamite 2 in midfield.

My mistake...apologies. Should of checked my facts!

That said though...I really think if he was good enough (or going to be good enough), we would of seen him at least come off the bench.
Remi Garde has used Jordan Lyden so it's not like he isn't looking at the U21's. As I've said before....every manager since McCleish has overlooked Gardner....are they all wrong? Even a manager like Sherwood, who is renowned for throwing kids in (Hepburn-Murphy at 16 for instance), didn't think Gardner was good enough.
Playing well for the U21's or in the championship is irrelevant really.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:05 am

If he stays fit for the rest of the season then would be the time to re-appraise him!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:04 am

achilles wrote:If he stays fit for the rest of the season then would be the time to re-appraise him!

I get a horrible feeling he will walk into our starting 11 next season. The 'better' players will depart leaving the way open for him.

Why is that horrible you may ask ? - well he needs to force his way into the team - where as I expect the forthcoming fire sale to hand his place on a plate.

Really hope we get a buyer soon...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:56 am

There's a possibility that he's been injured or on loan when there's been an opportunity to play him. No one wanted to play Kozak when all he needed was one chance which both coincided with - and contributed to - the team improving massively. After the match on Saturday when Kozak and Gestede clicked so well I can see the two of them starting the next PL match. Gardner needed that one chance, but for now he's playing well and getting a lot of experience in the Championship. If we do end up relegated I don't see the issue with starting him next season.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Sinclair to Swansea.....should we go for Gomis?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:43 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:Sinclair to Swansea.....should we go for Gomis?

Papers reckon they're open to selling Ayew. Sinclair + £10m and we can have the brothers Ayew
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Sinclair to Swansea.....should we go for Gomis?

Papers reckon they're open to selling Ayew. Sinclair + £10m  and we can have the brothers Ayew

Read they've offered Gomis to Newcastle for £7m....weird! why wold they wanna sell either?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:29 pm

Gardner might actually be good enough for us next season. He isn't a Premier League quality footballer, but this club doesn't strive to be that either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Did anyone actually want Sinclair in the 1st place? I remember reading that even Sherwood wasn't keen but the purchase was agreed soon after the loan.

Still, considering he's featured under Remi, if he IS being sold, I'd suggest that means we have imminent incomings....
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next