The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Transfer window

+54
rosco77
chrisw1
Nath11
big ming
Leafs1201
4BetLite
avfc85
Synopsis
villajk
Terry Derry
Saunders82
smetro
FoxyAV
mefromhere
achilles
Villa_Dan
Dions_Bald_Head
KMitch
danclare82
UnclePanda
DaveAV1
Dazzle
thegaffer6
ViewFromT2
The Utterer
EbeneezerGoode
Thinman
Jae1411
Rawlie
andrew24561
VTID85
Trotters
ember
Wookster
NARLA24
bruka
banneruk
VillaBill
fastbackace
Stratfordvilla
Con
wiler
Cha Ching
féliré
Robbo
Dgrizzle7
tonyp
Born Under The Holte End
WendyOz
jeffvilla
DelboyVilla
Army villain
avfc forever
De Kuip
58 posters

Page 9 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Go down

Transfer window - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer window

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:59 pm

Dazzle wrote:I'd ask Richards to play the rest of the season at RB, if he doesn't want to then I'd invite offers for him. If he's fit then I'd be getting Senderos back into the squad with a view to partnering him with Okore at CB. Nzogbia we know is going either this month or the summer. If Remi can get a decent defensive midfielder on loan then I'd try and offload Sanchez back to Spain or wherever, he'll be no use in the championship and isn't much use in the Prem. Talk of Remi possibly getting toulalan, has to be better than Sanchez or Westwood. Gabby........well, if we can find anyone to take him then hallelujah, I've a feeling his only options will be China or the Middle East. Richardson should be shipped out asap, Kozak will be going this month most likely. Get Inler in on loan and play him in the middle with Veretout. Toulalan covering behind them. Gil playing in front of them in a diamond. A back 4 of Richards(RB), Senderos, Okore, Cissokho(LB). Ayew to the left of a front two that would include Afobe being bought from Wolves. Go for it for the remainder of this season, giving Traore plenty of minutes from the bench. If we don't pull off the miracle then at least we've cleared the decks a good bit by waving goodbye to loanees and out of contract players. Just Gabby and Richards to worry about really.

We desperately need to replace Guzan mate.
Senderos is off to Italy...Roma or Lazio I think (maybe Inter)....staggering that we haven't used him.
On the plus side...rumour has it that Leicester and Palace are keen on Gabby!

Agree with the rest of what you say.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Transfer window - Page 9 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:07 pm

Robinson going back to Preston North End on loan for the remainder of the season and Joe Cole close to signing on permanently at Coventry.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:09 pm

Papers keep talking about Debuchey. I loved the thought of this a month ago but it is pointless now. It'd be a 6 month loan in which we'd have little chance of staying up or signing him at the end
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Transfer window - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:13 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Papers keep talking about Debuchey. I loved the thought of this a month ago but it is pointless now. It'd be a 6 month loan in which we'd have little chance of staying up or signing him at the end

Would rather we got Byram...much better than Hutton already, and can only get better from here.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:17 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Dazzle wrote:I'd ask Richards to play the rest of the season at RB, if he doesn't want to then I'd invite offers for him. If he's fit then I'd be getting Senderos back into the squad with a view to partnering him with Okore at CB. Nzogbia we know is going either this month or the summer. If Remi can get a decent defensive midfielder on loan then I'd try and offload Sanchez back to Spain or wherever, he'll be no use in the championship and isn't much use in the Prem. Talk of Remi possibly getting toulalan, has to be better than Sanchez or Westwood. Gabby........well, if we can find anyone to take him then hallelujah, I've a feeling his only options will be China or the Middle East. Richardson should be shipped out asap, Kozak will be going this month most likely. Get Inler in on loan and play him in the middle with Veretout. Toulalan covering behind them. Gil playing in front of them in a diamond. A back 4 of Richards(RB), Senderos, Okore, Cissokho(LB). Ayew to the left of a front two that would include Afobe being bought from Wolves. Go for it for the remainder of this season, giving Traore plenty of minutes from the bench. If we don't pull off the miracle then at least we've cleared the decks a good bit by waving goodbye to loanees and out of contract players. Just Gabby and Richards to worry about really.

We desperately need to replace Guzan mate.
Senderos is off to Italy...Roma or Lazio I think (maybe Inter)....staggering that we haven't used him.
On the plus side...rumour has it that Leicester and Palace are keen on Gabby!

Agree with the rest of what you say.

Forgot to mention the goalkeeping position. Guzan would be dropped, I'd try getting one from Westwood, Heaton, Ruddy. Westwood my preferred choice.

I should add that i don't see the club doing any of the above, they'll probably go and spunk £30m away now we are more or less doomed to relegation and put us in more shit for next season in the championship. Somehow they'll find a way to make this situation worse. Transfer window - Page 9 1558371468 🤦
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:00 pm

Be nice to think by offering guaranteed football we could steal in here:
http://www.whoscored.com/News/tq2flqk1kkke2at2rti6vg/Show/Leicester-line-up-former-City-midfielder

He would be a great addition for us....perhaps even get Inler on loan too!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:19 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:Be nice to think by offering guaranteed football we could steal in here:
http://www.whoscored.com/News/tq2flqk1kkke2at2rti6vg/Show/Leicester-line-up-former-City-midfielder

He would be a great addition for us....perhaps even get Inler on loan too!!

DeJong is exactly what we have needed for some time, we should have got him in the summer. Unfortunately won't be choosing to come to us now.
If the club pushed the boat out and got DeJong in on loan along with Inler, added to purchases of Afobe, Byram, Westwood, and perhaps Rhodes then that for me would be the best we could hope for this window. Two experienced and physical central midfielders with younger and proven championship talent that would be in place for the championship should the attempt at the great escape fail. Offer DeJong a million bonus if the side stay up, if not thank you and off whenever you want son. It'll only be players of the calibre of DeJong that might provide a glimmer of hope. We can hedge our bets by loaning the likes of a DeJong and buying the likes of Afobe. The dicks that "run" this club have to get a window right sometime soon, surely?!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:15 pm

The lack of transfer news and transfers tells me two things.

Firstly we won't be signing anyone.

Secondly Lerner is continuing asset stripping this club. Even in the championship he will do what he can to turn every quid from this club to his own. That's just how it is. This club will never be competitive again with that american aids infested twatface in the boardroom. We're fucked.

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:19 pm

Joppe84 wrote:The lack of transfer news and transfers tells me two things.

Secondly Lerner is continuing asset stripping this club. Even in the championship he will do what he can to turn every quid from this club to his own. That's just how it is. This club will never be competitive again with that american aids infested twatface in the boardroom. We're fucked.

How has he asset stripped the club?....we spent £50m in the summer.....if he was asset stripping and turning "every quid from this club to his own"....where did the £50m come from?

I'm all for criticising the bloke, he deserves it....but get the facts right eh?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Are you guys really arguing over how Randy Lerner has screwed us?

lol!
fastbackace
fastbackace

Transfer window - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:29 pm

Lack of transfer activity 3 days into the window....
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:35 pm

fastbackace wrote:Are you guys really arguing over how Randy Lerner has screwed us?

lol!

No argument from here...just not having complete bullshit!

He has screwed us over with his continual poor appointments of key staff....he has not asset stripped the club....he's ploughed hundreds of millions in ffs!!!!

He is responsible for the position the club now finds itself, 100%
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:18 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:The lack of transfer news and transfers tells me two things.

How has he asset stripped the club?....we spent £50m in the summer.....if he was asset stripping and turning "every quid from this club to his own"....where did the £50m come from?

I'm all for criticising the bloke, he deserves it....but get the facts right eh?

He's sold every quality player we've had since his wife caught him. He invested at the start of his reign then realized he had to get his money back. Spending fifty million hah, that's just daft. We spent roughly for what we sold if not less and all those players were on FAR lower wages so Lerner could pocket more on his AVFC "loans". He's covering his own wealth as best he can now and it's only a question of time before the next class move comes - likely him selling off land or renaming Villa Park Pepsi Max Arena.

Any other club of our stature would have signings lined up when you are rock bottom with Hutton, Guzan and Richardson, even if it is three days into the window. We won't sign dick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:20 pm

"he's ploughed hundreds of millions in ffs"

Last time I looked at our books that wasn't even remotely the case. He gave loans. Totally different thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:21 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Lack of transfer activity 3 days into the window....

We'll obviously wait till near the end of the window to make sure we get a good deal of targets, there's no panic mate, Fox n Co are building something special here.....................what a bunch of absolute kunts
4BetLite
4BetLite

Transfer window - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:24 pm

Deadline day... We'll get in Joey Barton and Grant Holt on loan, you know, to save 3 weeks worth of wages.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:35 pm

Lerner hasn't asset stripped us per se. 

What he has done is changed his approach from spending under MoN to moneyball there after. Can't do it over night
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:09 pm

KMitch wrote:Deadline day... We'll get in Joey Barton and Grant Holt on loan, you know, to save 3 weeks worth of wages.

The problem is I could see this happening! lol!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:22 pm

achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:33 am

Achilles

We do need to target Championship pedigree players, but if there is one paper that you shouldn't believe its The Mirror
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:38 am

We probably are targeting championship level players but as long as they aren't of the cheap and shit type then I don't mind
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:38 am

I wouldn't read too much into anything James Nursey writes about Villa in the Mirror. There is nothing in that article out of the ordinary, or that we as fans don't know ourselves. It's pretty standard that incoming new recruits rent accommodation or even stay in hotels until they find a home they want, nothing new there. And it would be stupid not to have one eye on championship level players in our position, we know that most of our British players are unsuited and not good enough for the championship, let alone the new foreign recruits!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:17 am

We've been targeting and buying championship quality players for years now, which will finally put us in that league, aren't we well prepared already?
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:32 am

4BetLite wrote:We've been targeting and buying championship quality players for years now, which will finally put us in that league, aren't we well prepared already?

Alternatively Lerner could always convert Villa Park to housing and shift the club, Wimbledon style, to somewhere in France to play in Ligue 1? Ok, maybe Ligue 2...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:41 am

4BetLite wrote:We've been targeting and buying championship quality players for years now, which will finally put us in that league, aren't we well prepared already?
The players we have could not cope with the physicality of the Championship.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Transfer window - Page 9 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next