The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

End-of-season Transfer Window

+6
NARLA24
avfc85
mefromhere
Mazrim
Villa_Dan
Trotters
10 posters

Go down

End-of-season Transfer Window Empty End-of-season Transfer Window

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:40 pm

Trotters
Trotters

End-of-season Transfer Window 5_star13

Back to top Go down

End-of-season Transfer Window Empty Re: End-of-season Transfer Window

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:13 am

If we didn't keep Cleverley anyone think we should look at Rodwell after the Mackems go down?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

End-of-season Transfer Window 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:30 am

Under LDDLLLLLambert, Cleverley was total utter shit but he's not looking too bad at the moment. £8m is still a passive piss take but I want to see more of him. And if you'd told me a month ago I'd be saying that, I'd have called you a liar.
Trotters
Trotters

End-of-season Transfer Window 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:09 am

Villa_Dan wrote:If we didn't keep Cleverley anyone think we should look at Rodwell after the Mackems go down?

No. I'd sooner get Gardner back in our squad.
Mazrim
Mazrim

End-of-season Transfer Window 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:26 am

Trotters wrote:Under LDDLLLLLambert, Cleverley was total utter shit but he's not looking too bad at the moment. £8m is still a passive piss take but I want to see more of him. And if you'd told me a month ago I'd be saying that, I'd have called you a liar.

He's out of contract in the summer so it'd be for free. And I'd happily take him on that basis. I'm just thinking if Everton do convince him to go there who would we look at instead to reinforce our midfield
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:35 am

Gardner could replace Cleverley but having the three of them at the club would be even better! Everybody at the club now is looking like twice the player they were a month ago with them all performing to the tactics they are given. More importantly they all look like they know what their jobs on the pitch are.

Isn't it strange how you let top class footballers go on the pitch and actually attack and play football how they have all their lives with a bit of freedom and the performances and results will follow. Doesn't take a genius but we appear to have one in charge anyway!!!

As for the summer keeping Cleverley and Sinclair would be a good start and we need to look for some help in defence. Yes Clark and Okore are playing well but if we were to lose one of them (and Clark is only one booking away from a 2 game ban) we would look incredibly fragile. Maybe Lowton having to play central with the injuries currently. Otherwise the midfield looks good and that's without Gardner, Gil and Grealish even getting a look in! Potentially a striker weak at the moment but Kozak will come in to fill that spot too.

If we keep everybody we have and don't get anybody in then even that will be a good enough squad under Sherwood to be looking top half and chasing a Europa spot I think
mefromhere
mefromhere

End-of-season Transfer Window 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:41 am

mefromhere wrote:Gardner could replace Cleverley but having the three of them at the club would be even better! Everybody at the club now is looking like twice the player they were a month ago with them all performing to the tactics they are given. More importantly they all look like they know what their jobs on the pitch are.

Isn't it strange how you let top class footballers go on the pitch and actually attack and play football how they have all their lives with a bit of freedom and the performances and results will follow. Doesn't take a genius but we appear to have one in charge anyway!!!

As for the summer keeping Cleverley and Sinclair would be a good start and we need to look for some help in defence. Yes Clark and Okore are playing well but if we were to lose one of them (and Clark is only one booking away from a 2 game ban) we would look incredibly fragile. Maybe Lowton having to play central with the injuries currently. Otherwise the midfield looks good and that's without Gardner, Gil and Grealish even getting a look in! Potentially a striker weak at the moment but Kozak will come in to fill that spot too.

If we keep everybody we have and don't get anybody in then even that will be a good enough squad under Sherwood to be looking top half and chasing a Europa spot I think

I'm just hoping he can get a few defenders fit before Clark does the inevitable and gets a yellow card for a 2 match ban
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:43 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Me too! But I've never subscribed to the idea him and Benteke can't play together. Sign him up and get them both on the pitch! They play different types of game and Bent is more reliable than Gabby or even Weimann.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:12 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:

Me too! But I've never subscribed to the idea him and Benteke can't play together. Sign him up and get them both on the pitch! They play different types of game and Bent is more reliable than Gabby or even Weimann.
Could be very interesting if Benteke and Bent play in the same team. We will have to see mate.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Bent's a good finisher, but surely we need a guy who will be busting a gut for the full 90 minutes and 38 matches. That's definitely not Bent.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:04 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Bent's a good finisher, but surely we need a guy who will be busting a gut for the full 90 minutes and 38 matches. That's definitely not Bent.

Right now? Yes. But moving forwards could be different - there's been a multitude of forwards who don't offer you anything but goals but will win you games throughout the years - Linekar, Van Nistelroy etc
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:18 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Bent's a good finisher, but surely we need a guy who will be busting a gut for the full 90 minutes and 38 matches. That's definitely not Bent.

Right now? Yes. But moving forwards could be different - there's been a multitude of forwards who don't offer you anything but goals but will win you games throughout the years - Linekar, Van Nistelroy etc
I agree with what you're saying Dan, but Bent will be about 35 before we've built a team that can carry a "passenger" striker, however good he is at finishing.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:04 pm

My biggest issue with retaining Bent is wages to be honest. That to me is much more of a concern than anything he can or can not do on the pitch.

That said, I am sure he knows wherever he ends up that he'll be taking a drop in salary.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:54 pm

Bent wasn't good enough for the old Villa, so why would he be considered for a future role?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:24 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Bent wasn't good enough for the old Villa, so why would he be considered for a future role?
Sherwood seems to think he is though. It's all relative I guess.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:07 pm

kimbo wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Sherwood seems to think he is though. It's all relative I guess.
I don't agree with Tim about some of our players. Bent is one, Weimann another, Hutton instead of Bacuna at the moment, and Gil being discarded. I like Tim's attitude, but I think he's showing his inexperience by over training our players at a critical time. We have a hell of a lot of injuries at this stage of the season with just 7 games left so we don't need to be tearing around on the training pitch, we need to be protecting tired and damaged bodies.

I hope we survive so that he can have a complete pre season to get the squad to the level of fitness that he rightly requires of them, and to get to know the technical abilities of one or two of our players in a far less stressful environment.

Let's hope Sherwood can get back to doing what he does best, motivating the arses off our mentally weak bunch of players.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:15 pm

I'm very much still on the fence with Sherwood. Getting splinters in my arse to be honest  End-of-season Transfer Window 1420239857
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:01 pm

I agree, Weiimann should not be playing, Gil should be playing, to many injuries, like you said we have only a few more games to play.
We need to show some steel on Tuesday night,hope the team is up for it, Tim needs to get the confidence back.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:17 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:23 pm

A quick scan down NewsNow and there's plenty of Benteke-To-Man-Utd stories.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:42 am

Reports that we're close to taking Sako on a free from Wolves, I'd be happy with that. He'd probably be overpriced if a fee was involved but on a free I'd say that's decent business, and he certainly offers more of a goal threat than N'Zogbia. Dunno if he's good enough to be starting week in week out in the prem, but with his physical attributes he at least has all the makings of a legitimate impact sub.

Not that we've been linked with him at all, but another Championship player I'd love us to sign would be Rudy Gestede from Blackburn, I've been really impressed whenever I've watched him. If Benteke does go, then he'd be a solid option as an alternative. But I'd like him to sign anyway, because we'll need a big squad with our upcoming Europa campaign  Wink

Another Championship player I like the look of is that Gary Gardner lad at Forest. Oh, wait...  Very Happy
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:46 pm

kimbo wrote:Reports that we're close to taking Sako on a free from Wolves, I'd be happy with that. He'd probably be overpriced if a fee was involved but on a free I'd say that's decent business, and he certainly offers more of a goal threat than N'Zogbia. Dunno if he's good enough to be starting week in week out in the prem, but with his physical attributes he at least has all the makings of a legitimate impact sub.

Not that we've been linked with him at all, but another Championship player I'd love us to sign would be Rudy Gestede from Blackburn, I've been really impressed whenever I've watched him. If Benteke does go, then he'd be a solid option as an alternative. But I'd like him to sign anyway, because we'll need a big squad with our upcoming Europa campaign  Wink

Another Championship player I like the look of is that Gary Gardner lad at Forest. Oh, wait...  Very Happy

As like on many occasions for many clubs our best business will be retaining the best of what we already have. New deals for Vlaar, Benteke, Clarke etc. I think Cleverley is proving his worth under Sherwood, I'd like to see a deal done there. With Sherwood now in charge would seem the ideal time for Gary Gardner to finally breakthrough next season, let's hope so. I think with all the above attended to that Villa then should be looking at another striker option and the full backs. I wouldn't even rule out that we've not seen the last of Joe Bennett with Sherwood being in charge, he kind of fits the bill to a degree.
An FA cup win makes all of the above easier to achieve!

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving End-of-season Transfer Window 1715320296 End-of-season Transfer Window 1715320296
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down