The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Transfer window

+54
rosco77
chrisw1
Nath11
big ming
Leafs1201
4BetLite
avfc85
Synopsis
villajk
Terry Derry
Saunders82
smetro
FoxyAV
mefromhere
achilles
Villa_Dan
Dions_Bald_Head
KMitch
danclare82
UnclePanda
DaveAV1
Dazzle
thegaffer6
ViewFromT2
The Utterer
EbeneezerGoode
Thinman
Jae1411
Rawlie
andrew24561
VTID85
Trotters
ember
Wookster
NARLA24
bruka
banneruk
VillaBill
fastbackace
Stratfordvilla
Con
wiler
Cha Ching
féliré
Robbo
Dgrizzle7
tonyp
Born Under The Holte End
WendyOz
jeffvilla
DelboyVilla
Army villain
avfc forever
De Kuip
58 posters

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

Transfer window Empty Transfer window

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:03 am

Okey, this is going to be important. I see it as two possible windows.

Either A) where we spend cash and seriously try and keep ourselves in the division. In that case we need leaders and quality. We need a striker so bad. And as I think Guzan is shite we need a keeper as well.
I'd break the bank for a top quality striker and Tom Heaton.

Or B) Where we acknowledge that we're going to get relegated and prepare for the championship. In that case I'd probably try and sign a player like Jack Rodwell. He's been turd for Sunderland, but I suspect he could really flourish with a season in a lower league. And he will add some physique to the side.

What's your view on the window

Last edited by Joppe84 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Transfer window Empty Re: Transfer window

Post by NARLA24 Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:11 am

Spend lots of money on a proven striker and a top class keeper or else we are doomed. That is all.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Transfer window 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:13 am

I guess clubs normally look at contracts and try and do their best not to get bum raped by a relegation, but knowing our club we probably don't even consider that before it's too late

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:21 pm

Delete

Last edited by Joppe84 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:22 pm

Looking at RBK vs Lazio and that Keita Balde we were linked with during the summer looks impressive. Pace, power and skill. Could do worse, but out of our league I guess

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:14 pm

I literally think it will depend on if we can still get safe and are showing that possibility with the need for a striker so obvious and so likely to give us a real chance, to not buy would definitely take away all our hope.

If we're still off the pace and looking doomed, possibly no purchases at all........
De Kuip
De Kuip

Transfer window 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:21 pm

We will be very active in Jan. We have to be to save the club from relegation. Lerner will open the purse strings or else he will stand to lose a bloody fortune.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Transfer window 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:16 am

Yeah but what I'm saying Narla is that by Jan if we're doomed, or all but, why would Lerner throw money away when he'll lose a fortune anyway, unless it would be in order to give us the very strongest chance of bouncing straight back up first time - then I could see him still spending.

I still HAVE to believe that only 11 games in we've a good chance of survival, I have to, but there's this little relegation chimp banging some cymbals inside my head, and no matter how much Ibruprofen I take, the fucker won't quieten down......
De Kuip
De Kuip

Transfer window 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:15 am

The answer to Joppe's original question is that we sign players to try and survive but have their contracts written up as if we're going to go down.

You put them on a 6 month contract with a relegation clause, a survival bonus and an option for a further 3 years.

But any striker who is of suitable class to bang in the goals will now be in a position to butt-fuck us over wages. We have no other option but to pay.

We'd not be in this sticky situation if we had someone on the board who knew the first thing about football who could have told Lerner and Fox that this lack of a good striker will hurt us. Christ, every fan knew that not getting in someone good was going to be an issue so why is it that the intelligent, well-paid people driving this business can't see it?

Anyway, I'm ranting.

A striker and a goalkeeper please. We have enough quality and flexibility throughout the squad as it now stands. Those two players are absolute must-haves.
Trotters
Trotters

Transfer window 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:27 am

I think we might try and get a loan or two in, possibly players that are at big clubs but not getting much action at the moment. I'm thinking Garde will get some help from Wenger if he asks for it, so maybe an Arsenal fringe player/returning injury player such as a Welbeck, Flamini etc. I'd quite like Wenger to recall Gnabry from West Brom where he is being almost completely wasted under Pulis, and give him to us for 5 months! I've seen we're being linked with Kalinic from Croatia as a goalkeeper, 25yrs old and 6'7. Highly rated apparently. I think money will be available in January but only if the right players are available, I don't see us paying big money for the likes of an Austin in January. The next six weeks is going to determine much of the January transfer policy.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Transfer window 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:00 am

When you see one of our defenders shape up as if to pass back to Guzan, there is a reaction to shout NO!!! It is something that we did so often under Lambert's mis-management that you wOuld expect Guzan to be well versed in how to deal with it, but he isn't. He cannot kick a moving ball with any accuracy and has become a liability who must be replaced at the fIrst opportunity.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Transfer window 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:37 am

I suppose it comes down to whether Lerner will sanction a "Bent style" signing ala January 2011. For a keeper id try to get a decent one from a big club who's not getting any games. Keylor Navas? Ospina? Probably a bit ambitious but worth a shot. I think we could do with a top quality right back as well unless Richards is happy to move across. No idea who we could get for a striker. No English clubs will sell us their top goalscorer now, and it's always a gamble getting one from abroad.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Transfer window 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:35 pm

Tom Heaton. Sign him. Please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Tom Heaton. Sign him. Please.

I'm interested to know what it is about Heaton that makes you bang his drum so loudly? He doesn't seem to be getting much attention from anywhere else?? Drumroll Please
Dazzle
Dazzle

Transfer window 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:10 pm

Dazzle wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Tom Heaton. Sign him. Please.

I'm interested to know what it is about Heaton that makes you bang his drum so loudly? He doesn't seem to be getting much attention from anywhere else?? Drumroll Please

I named Heaton in the summer as a keeper we should be targeting. I think he's better than Guzan in every department
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Transfer window 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:03 pm

Unless Garde performs miracles between now and January, I genuinely believe Lerner will back him with decent funds and pay over the odds, its the fact if we get relegated he is going to lose millions and no one will touch us in the Championship so he could end up being tied to us for years.
avfc85
avfc85

Transfer window 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:13 am

With Amavi likely out the season, I think we need a few signings in January.

I'd like a solid fullback that can play both right and left. Replace Hutton when needed and cover for Amavi when he's out.

Then we need a striker and a keeper. Get Sinclair and Guzan out of the team.

Time to get your wallet out Lerner.

Scarf Waving Transfer window 1375627042

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Linked to Salvatore Sirigu from PSG in the rags today. Fantastic keeper who is out of favor at PSG at the moment. Would love him here, but I think he's out of our price range, even for a loan.
KMitch
KMitch

Transfer window 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by féliré Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:46 am

We don't need a new GK. Indeed Guzan isn't the best GK of the world, but Sirigu is too similar profile. Sirigu is even worse in aerial game than Guzan...
Both have got very good reflexes on the line and a desastrous passing game. Guzan saved us several times by the past and if he manages to recover his level, he remains a good goalkeeper.

Then, I think we have to wait what Garde could increase in the team before planing which players could join us.
féliré
féliré

Transfer window 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:22 am

Above. wrote:We don't need a new GK.

Wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:56 am

I don't think we NEED anybody. These players are good enough as long as you play them in the proper formation for each game and with some intelligent tactics.

It would be nice to improve upon striker (but look what a little confidence has done for Ayew) and now a left back (but we have plenty in the club who could cover)
mefromhere
mefromhere

Transfer window 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:08 am

I think we do. Richardson is the sort of player you get relegated with.

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:15 am

Don't play Richardson then. Use Crespo, Ilori, Bennett, Cissokho, Baker, Bacuna, Clark. All can play left back
mefromhere
mefromhere

Transfer window 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:04 pm

After the summer I felt we had a team who could finish somewhere around 12th, I still think we've got the players to get us out of trouble but Guzan has looked ropey and if a keeper is available who could improve on him then we should bring him in. LB is a question mark, as we have Ilori plus Bennett and Cissokho could be brought back. Worst case scenario I think Cissokho is decent enough defensively to cover there until Amavi returns. 

If we spent our entire transfer budget on 1 truly good striker I wouldn't be too upset!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Transfer window 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:06 pm

Joppe84 wrote:With Amavi likely out the season, I think we need a few signings in January.

I'd like a solid fullback that can play both right and left. Replace Hutton when needed and cover for Amavi when he's out.

Then we need a striker and a keeper. Get Sinclair and Guzan out of the team.

Time to get your wallet out Lerner.

Scarf Waving Transfer window 1375627042

I read something in the Birmingham Mail that seemed to point towards Villa having some form of recall on Bennett and Cissokho. I'd personally like to see them both recalled to increase our options in what is now a problem area once again. We need a striker to come in, a top notch keeper would be a bonus but not critical.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Transfer window 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next