The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Transfer window

+54
rosco77
chrisw1
Nath11
big ming
Leafs1201
4BetLite
avfc85
Synopsis
villajk
Terry Derry
Saunders82
smetro
FoxyAV
mefromhere
achilles
Villa_Dan
Dions_Bald_Head
KMitch
danclare82
UnclePanda
DaveAV1
Dazzle
thegaffer6
ViewFromT2
The Utterer
EbeneezerGoode
Thinman
Jae1411
Rawlie
andrew24561
VTID85
Trotters
ember
Wookster
NARLA24
bruka
banneruk
VillaBill
fastbackace
Stratfordvilla
Con
wiler
Cha Ching
féliré
Robbo
Dgrizzle7
tonyp
Born Under The Holte End
WendyOz
jeffvilla
DelboyVilla
Army villain
avfc forever
De Kuip
58 posters

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Go down

Transfer window - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer window

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:01 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:"...a better keeper and right back would help too..."

I've seen this elsewhere on here, I think Richards can do a very good job, ably backed up by Bacuna and Hutton. Why RB in particular? If Cissokho gets injured we'll be relying on someone playing out of position (Clark, Bacuna or - shudder - Richardson), especially since we've loaned out Crespo, who I think could cover that side too. Okore looks solid on the right side at CB and Bacuna looked half decent the two times he played there.

I'd say we need to concentrate on striker first and foremost, and then a goalie and a versatile midfielder. If we're playing with one or two strikers up front it would help if our wide players knew how to do it. Bacuna was crap in the Baggies match, for example.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Transfer window - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:12 pm

FoxyAV wrote:

I've seen this elsewhere on here, I think Richards can do a very good job, ably backed up by Bacuna and Hutton. Why RB in particular? If Cissokho gets injured we'll be relying on someone playing out of position (Clark, Bacuna or - shudder - Richardson), especially since we've loaned out Crespo, who I think could cover that side too. Okore looks solid on the right side at CB and Bacuna looked half decent the two times he played there.

I'd say we need to concentrate on striker first and foremost, and then a goalie and a versatile midfielder. If we're playing with one or two strikers up front it would help if our wide players knew how to do it. Bacuna was crap in the Baggies match, for example.

Fair points...particularly regarding right back. I did say I feel we are only a goalscorer away from being competitive....and in fairness, Bunn has done little wrong in the games he's played so far.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Transfer window - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:19 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Fair points...particularly regarding right back. I did say I feel we are only a goalscorer away from being competitive....and in fairness, Bunn has done little wrong in the games he's played so far.

I agree with you about the goalscorer. We've also not had two penalties which had they been given and converted could have seen us three points from safety. I also think with an organised defence with players in their correct positions the goalie will have much less to do, and in particular to get wrong.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:34 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

I agree with you about the goalscorer. We've also not had two penalties which had they been given and converted could have seen us three points from safety. I also think with an organised defence with players in their correct positions the goalie will have much less to do, and in particular to get wrong.

Totally agree!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:35 pm

Just been watching todays press conference.

Remi has given the names of FIVE players he wants.....he said we won't get all five, but he is hopeful still that SOME will join on Monday!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:41 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:Just been watching todays press conference.

Remi has given the names of FIVE players he wants.....he said we won't get all five, but he is hopeful still that SOME will join on Monday!!

Good luck. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed, but I can't see anyone but Debuchy coming in.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:50 pm

As for getting Debuchy on loan, good grief he has had at least 3 weeks to make his mind up, he doesn't want to come but he probably will come if he gets no better offers by 11.00pm Monday!
Exactly the type of player we require, someone who doesn't really want to play for us!
Absolutely brilliant!
achilles
achilles

Transfer window - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:05 pm

You have to look at the available players and the fee their club want and then weigh it up against whether they are likely to succeed at the club immediately as anyone coming in with a view to keeping us up would have to. Unfortunately I don't think there is a player on the market now who could guarantee you enough goals to make a difference, who isn't ridiculously overpriced - because you know it's January and most importantly would want to come to a club who are all but relegated. Merecaries will only make the bad situation we're in even worse. Worst case scenario and we're relegated then I would prefer a squad whittled down to players who want to be at the club and maybe even owe us something (I'm talking about you Jack Grealish) and be able to overhaul the squad in the summer without the powers that be being abpe to say well we already spent x amount in January so we'll have to use the players we have. I for one don't want Debuchy anywhere near the club, he doesn't want to come and will only be here for a wage if he does.
bruka

Transfer window - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:23 pm

It's not looking promising.

I think the white flag is half way up the VP flagpole.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:53 pm

To be a few days from the end of the January and still no new players is absolutely ridiculous, has there ever been another CLUB in Premier League history that has gone down with such a whimper as we are, we really are a pathetic shambles of a club at the moment.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:24 pm

Sky Sports news are saying Blackburn have accepted a 9 million offer for Jordan Rhodes from Middlesbrough, now theres a win win situation for Villa, get him in now and he might just might give us a lift and get some goals, if we still go down we know he can get goals in the championship, we already have Gestede who works well with him, we must have more pull than Middlesbrough surely? well worth a punt in my book, lets see if the management agree.Transfer window - Page 22 3769219917
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:49 pm

Remy is off to Leicester, there goes our main striker target.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:28 pm

It's fucking pathetic. The protests have to start once we are mathematically certain to go down. It won't be much later than March so there will be plenty of opportunity.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:34 pm

It's a shame we never get a normal owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:32 am

Remy was never coming here once Hiddink accused Villa of trying to unsettle him through the press. Hardly a difficult choice between relegation or title fight either is it?
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:47 am

Synopsis wrote:Remy was never coming here once Hiddink accused Villa of trying to unsettle him through the press. Hardly a difficult choice between relegation or title fight either is it?

You are probably right but if it had been handled better I am certain Villa held some attractions mainly through the french players and french manager!
With the right incentives it was a possibility, I just wonder how much we really tried to get him or just pissed off Chelsea to make sure they wouldn't loan him to us?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:03 am

Looks like we have become a right bunch of surrender monkeys. What a bloody joke this whole situation is at the moment.
FLABBERGASTED.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Transfer window - Page 22 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:33 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Looks like we have become a right bunch of surrender monkeys

Mmmm, cheese.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:52 pm

Might as well close the thread early. Complete and utter cluster fuck. This board couldn't get a round of drinks at an all inclusive bar !

tonyp
tonyp

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:57 pm

A new member on Villa Talk has said that we're going to confirm Doumbia on Monday. He said the paperwork was submitted on Friday. Loan until the end of the season, which becomes permanent if we stay up.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:07 am

Nickname 'The Rhinoceros'. I like him already.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco77 Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:58 am

He's signed to Newcastle apparently. If that's true then it's yet another player the board has failed to acquire. We're not just loosing on the pitch but in every aspect.
rosco77
rosco77

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:01 pm

This really is pathetic. Even the worst team in Premier League history (Derby County 2007-2008) signed SOMEBODY in the January window when they were bottom!
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:06 pm

There is still deadline day and the dregs to be had!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next