The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+109
bruka
smetro
Dazzle
Terry Derry
Villa_Dan
Jae1411
mefromhere
achilles
AVFCKINGS
EbeneezerGoode
Barton82
Thinman
Synopsis
4BetLite
ViewFromT2
danclare82
Wookster
prmort
FoxyAV
Trotters
Trysullvilla
Con
KMitch
ember
NARLA24
DaveAV1
UnclePanda
Cha Ching
Dions_Bald_Head
DelboyVilla
simbrenn
jeffvilla
Dgrizzle7
AVFClee
Andyh
VillaBill
Jo64
The Great white walnut
DomAVFC
avfc85
De Kuip
Leafs1201
DN1982
deadbuzzardalive
South London Villan
Gordonsleftboot
UrmstonVilla
ejs1111
Stripey48
GhostDad
1Elliot
brummieboy
aberdarevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Jpmangel
CoE82
Villa jimmy
holtehero
AstonThriller
hawk190601
gwentvillan
rosco77
andrew24561
clarryblue
big ming
Stratfordvilla
johnny from donny
fastbackace
Robbo
johnny noodles
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
thegaffer6
Mazrim
bazzah
snitum
James_Curtis
Withes Sweatbands
Chrissylee1111
kimbo
Fpuppys
marko63
VillaSteve
George
Nix999
lukevilla
GadgetMan
mickeywya
Latzstar
B62 Villa
Dansvilla75
Villa Ranger
omariqy
jvilla
TED
VTID85
MarvelVillan
banneruk
villabromsgrove
snakevilla
Born Under The Holte End
Keyser Soze
Jamie Gray
mark_draper
tbarrules
JapaneseVillan
Broadlee
Wriggle
GodzoneVilla
Saunders82
113 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ejs1111 Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:11 pm

Personally I think the 'guest' is our new Chairman. Which is OK with me for right now... no need for takeover distraction with the season so close to starting.

UTV
ejs1111
ejs1111

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by 4BetLite Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:13 pm

Since he's not been on for a few days, I presumed Randy's been out on p##s with TED

UTV
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaSteve Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:19 am

I see Randy or at least his plane has now left and still we hear nothing
VillaSteve

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:40 am

4BetLite wrote:Since he's not been on for a few days, I presumed Randy's been out on p##s with TED

UTV

If anyone needs someone to take them out on the piss it's TED!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:43 am

VillaSteve wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
VillaSteve wrote:So who was with Randy yesterday anyone know?

Been thinking the same, his plane is still at BHX so we still have hope!

Narla posted an exciting message yesterday that he was due at BMH with a 'guest'....heard or seen nothing since but hopefully Narla can update us today if he can.
Still here guys and girls. Trying to get a bit of info on the situation.

Do you know who it is Narla?
Not a clue mate
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:55 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
4BetLite wrote:Since he's not been on for a few days, I presumed Randy's been out on p##s with TED

UTV

If anyone needs someone to take them out on the piss it's TED!

Alcohol is a depressant. TED doesn't need to get any more depressed.
Sorry, I mean "realistic".
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:18 pm

I quite look forward to TED's post's.

He has a strong opinion based on his conviction that Villa are in a mess. If he truly believes this to be the case then why shouldn't he put it in writing?

I think that fans tend to edge towards one end of the spectrum or the other. Fewer fans seem to be where I find myself which is in the boring middle ground. I honestly don't know what's going to happen this season and that in itself is exciting at times and worrying as well.

TED gets a lot of flack for posting his negative view of where we're at, but how many of us can say that in our quieter moments we aren't worrying that things could go tits up for us again this season?
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:41 pm

Most people's views tend to change when circumstances change or develop over time but others make their mind up and stick to it regardless of evidence to the contrary. We have undoubtedly made progress off the pitch and only time will tell if we can make it on the pitch to say otherwise for me is nuts. I think the squad I stronger but we will start to find out if that's the case from tomorrow. Preseason is meant to be the time when we can be optimistic as it can all go horribly wrong from tomorrow and we could be in for another 10 month slog.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Ok if it goes tits its not like we haven't experienced it for the last few seasons. Its a familiar feeling that we all know and understand.
I tend to laugh off some of the negativity, at time you could call my state manic. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 1420239857 drunken Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Drink Drink Drink UTV, lets go for a win tomorrow. Stating to giggle a little.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:37 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I quite look forward to TED's post's.

He has a strong opinion based on his conviction that Villa are in a mess. If he truly believes this to be the case then why shouldn't he put it in writing?

I think that fans tend to edge towards one end of the spectrum or the other. Fewer fans seem to be where I find myself which is in the boring middle ground. I honestly don't know what's going to happen this season and that in itself is exciting at times and worrying as well.

TED gets a lot of flack for posting his negative view of where we're at, but how many of us can say that in our quieter moments we aren't worrying that things could go tits up for us again this season?

I'm with you in the middle VB. I think it might be a generational thing, we've seen it all before and know it could go either way. I'm much more positive about our attacking midfield potential compared to our defence but I'm probably wrong with that too. Makes life interesting I guess.
Thinman
Thinman

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:38 pm

I think it's an age thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:23 am

Just a reminder that you'll really need to join the TBAR prediction league today or you'll be playing catch up all season.

Send a msg to a mod to get your password and you're in (don't ask me though.....I've had to ask for a PM too)
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:18 am

Biggest hint yet about takeover, Sherwood on sky talking about 1st game "it's gonna be a carnival atmosphere down there" ;-) Drink AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 1815562058
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:53 am

I would imagine that's more to do with it being Bournemouth's first game in the big time.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 am

Mazrim wrote:I would imagine that's more to do with it being Bournemouth's first game in the big time.

Crying or Very sad Dream wrecker
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:13 am

4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:47 am

Id love to know how Norwich are worth more than is, let alone West Brom etc?
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:55 am

That's absolutely terrible.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:46 pm

What a load of old shit. Just how the actual fuck does such crap get past the editor and into print?
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:51 pm

If that is anywhere near true, then we have had serious mismanagement since Doug went, I always thought we were on a parr with Spurs, yet they are way up the top. The potential for someone to take us over and build a dynasty is there for everyone to see, buy us cheap put money into the playing squad, and the sky's the limit, our facilities & ground are second to none, Randy has missed a great chance now we are having to live with being looked at as also rans, not something I like personally. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 1015550615 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 1662365926
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:57 pm

The guy has used a business based formula that includes profitability as a parameter. Randy has made sure that we come towards the bottom of any table with our "reported losses" of the last few seasons.

It doesn't accurately reflect the sale price of a club at all.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:02 pm

That guy is head of strategic business development at Sports Interactive for Footy Manager, he's not exactly an expert in real world football no matter how accurate that game is
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:17 pm

Saunders82 wrote:

If that is anywhere near true, then we have had serious mismanagement since Doug went, I always thought we were on a parr with Spurs, yet they are way up the top. The potential for someone to take us over and build a dynasty is there for everyone to see, buy us cheap put money into the playing squad, and the sky's the limit, our facilities & ground are second to none, Randy has missed a great chance now we are having to live with being looked at as also rans, not something I like personally. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 1015550615 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 1662365926  

Absolute nonsense those valuations. Norwich valued more than us, I will have some of what he is smoking!
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:44 am

When I started supporting Villa in 2006, the club's reputation was on par with Everton's or Spurs's here in the USA. We were seen as a big club, who could beat any of the big boys on our day, were seen as dark horses in gatecrashing the top 4, and were favorites of neutral fans.

Fast forward to 2015, and Villa are a complete joke of a club to the average American fan. We're on par with Norwich, West Brom, and Sunderland, and teams like Southampton, Swansea, and even Crystal Palace are seen as being bigger than Villa is. We're no longer seen as a big club and have even heard us described as the next Wigan, just holding on by a thread, season after season, because we don't have any money. The average football fan outside of the UK doesn't know we are the biggest club in Birmingham, or even the West Midlands, or are one of only 5 English clubs to win the Champions League/European Cup.

Performance on the pitch is all that matters in the world of football today. The more we flounder around on the bottom of the table, year in and year out, the further behind the rest of the league we'll be, when you talk about financial clout around the world. Football clubs sell entertainment, and when you lose more games than you win, it isn't entertaining, so you aren't going to attract new customers. They'll go to top half clubs, buy their merchandise, watch their matches, and generate more revenue for our competitors while we're left in the dust. Hopefully this season marks the beginning of a new era and we can move Villas reputation up the table a bit, to the Swanseas and Southamptons of the league and stop being thought of as relegation fodder.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:36 am

That's as maybe, even though we were still one of the most watched clubs outside the top 5 or 6. But that has little bearing on a clubs worth. This list is absolute garbage whichever way you slice it.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next