The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+109
bruka
smetro
Dazzle
Terry Derry
Villa_Dan
Jae1411
mefromhere
achilles
AVFCKINGS
EbeneezerGoode
Barton82
Thinman
Synopsis
4BetLite
ViewFromT2
danclare82
Wookster
prmort
FoxyAV
Trotters
Trysullvilla
Con
KMitch
ember
NARLA24
DaveAV1
UnclePanda
Cha Ching
Dions_Bald_Head
DelboyVilla
simbrenn
jeffvilla
Dgrizzle7
AVFClee
Andyh
VillaBill
Jo64
The Great white walnut
DomAVFC
avfc85
De Kuip
Leafs1201
DN1982
deadbuzzardalive
South London Villan
Gordonsleftboot
UrmstonVilla
ejs1111
Stripey48
GhostDad
1Elliot
brummieboy
aberdarevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Jpmangel
CoE82
Villa jimmy
holtehero
AstonThriller
hawk190601
gwentvillan
rosco77
andrew24561
clarryblue
big ming
Stratfordvilla
johnny from donny
fastbackace
Robbo
johnny noodles
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
thegaffer6
Mazrim
bazzah
snitum
James_Curtis
Withes Sweatbands
Chrissylee1111
kimbo
Fpuppys
marko63
VillaSteve
George
Nix999
lukevilla
GadgetMan
mickeywya
Latzstar
B62 Villa
Dansvilla75
Villa Ranger
omariqy
jvilla
TED
VTID85
MarvelVillan
banneruk
villabromsgrove
snakevilla
Born Under The Holte End
Keyser Soze
Jamie Gray
mark_draper
tbarrules
JapaneseVillan
Broadlee
Wriggle
GodzoneVilla
Saunders82
113 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:06 am

With all due respect KMitch, that is only still a fledgling market in the US. I've been in Thailand and had people instantly know the Villa, our players, and our recent scores.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by simbrenn Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:37 pm

I've heard there're two groups looking to buy us at the moment. One American and one Qatar , with the Qatar group over here now .
No solid links , just what I am hearing . Hope it's true
simbrenn

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:00 pm

Trotters wrote:What a load of old shit. Just how the actual fuck does such crap get past the editor and into print?

It's the dailymail, since when did they have focus on quality assurance?

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:44 pm

simbrenn wrote:I've heard there're two groups looking to buy us at the moment.  One American and one Qatar , with the Qatar group over here now .
No solid links , just what I am hearing .  Hope it's true
Wouldn't be surprised, I mentioned the other day that the Adebayor deal was being warned off by Andy Gray. Has he found us new Qatari owners?
Collymore's "he's coming home" tweet, Andy Gray?
Keyser Soze

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:19 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
simbrenn wrote:I've heard there're two groups looking to buy us at the moment.  One American and one Qatar , with the Qatar group over here now .
Wouldn't be surprised, I mentioned the other day that the Adebayor deal was being warned off by Andy Gray. Has he found us new Qatari owners?

If he has then I'll be pissed he hasn't told me....
Jamie Gray

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:21 am

Jamie Gray wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

NDAs mate, just like when our very own HH was involved in a bid, we all thought he was on holiday.
Keyser Soze

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:23 am

Jamie Gray wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Cheers Jamie, I was hoping you would clear that one up.

I am beginning to wonder if Lerner doesn't have some kind of silly requests attached to the sale of the club as really we should be very attractive for he money talked about?
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:09 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

NDAs mate, just like when our very own HH was involved in a bid, we all thought he was on holiday.

With the best will in the world my fiend, an NDA wouldn't stop my Dad telling me!
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:58 pm

I like the way we've gone about our football business this transfer window. A new owner is less of a priority if we continue with an educated and effective transfer policy.
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:10 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I like the way we've gone about our football business this transfer window. A new owner is less of a priority if we continue with an educated and effective transfer policy.

What if a new owner released more funds to allow us to attract the next teir of signings, though? Think Man City signing Robinho on deadline day. Imagine the meltdown if we signed someone like Pedro just before the window shut. What a statement that would be.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:28 pm

KMitch wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I like the way we've gone about our football business this transfer window. A new owner is less of a priority if we continue with an educated and effective transfer policy.

What if a new owner released more funds to allow us to attract the next teir of signings, though?  Think Man City signing Robinho on deadline day. Imagine the meltdown if we signed someone like Pedro just before the window shut.  What a statement that would be.
I'm excited by a number of our new signings, also by a couple of our existing players like Gil and Grealish. I'm all for buying a key player or two in January should it be necessary but I'm happy with our signings so far and we may still bring in another good young player or two. I have to be honest and say that this is about as far I think we need to go this transfer window, because the number of signings we've made means that there is now a lot of competition for places, and I would hate to think that we could squash that desire to bust a gut for a place by bringing in superstars.

Ask me next summer and I might give you a different answer! Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by simbrenn Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

With the best will in the world my fiend, an NDA wouldn't stop my Dad telling me!

Just wondering if it's someone your dads not involved with , but saying that I'm sure he would of heard something overthere
simbrenn

Back to top Go down

Post by simbrenn Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:23 pm

Still mega excited for the season , speculation on new signings is very positive. And I do think some new owners have something to do with it . January is going to be the big one I think
simbrenn

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:31 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
KMitch wrote:

What if a new owner released more funds to allow us to attract the next teir of signings, though?  Think Man City signing Robinho on deadline day. Imagine the meltdown if we signed someone like Pedro just before the window shut.  What a statement that would be.
I'm excited by a number of our new signings, also by a couple of our existing players like Gil and Grealish. I'm all for buying a key player or two in January should it be necessary but I'm happy with our signings so far and we may still bring in another good young player or two. I have to be honest and say that this is about as far I think we need to go this transfer window, because the number of signings we've made means that there is now a lot of competition for places, and I would hate to think that we could squash that desire to bust a gut for a place by bringing in superstars.

Ask me next summer and I might give you a different answer! Very Happy

Think that this season is about settling the ship, performing well and being comfortable.
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:52 pm

ok, havent been on in a few days.

whats the latest?
fastbackace
fastbackace

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:13 pm

fastbackace wrote:ok, havent been on in a few days.

whats the latest?
We've been taken over by a consortium of Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Larry Ellison and the Walton family. Messi, Ronaldo and Bale unfortunately won't be match fit for the Man Utd game which is a bit of a shame, but they should be available for us when we play Crystal Palace next week. Other than that it's been pretty boring.Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:25 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:

whats the latest?
We've been taken over by a consortium of Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Larry Ellison and the Walton family. Messi, Ronaldo and Bale unfortunately won't be match fit for the Man Utd game which is a bit of a shame, but they should be available for us when we play Crystal Palace next week. Other than that it's been pretty boring.Very Happy  
But what about defense!!!!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 1015550615 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 1715320296 Bash AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 3769219917
hahahaha jk
fastbackace
fastbackace

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:00 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:

whats the latest?

What?? No Right Back? Damn!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:03 pm

fastbackace wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

whats the latest?
But what about defense!!!!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 1015550615 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 1715320296 Bash AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 3769219917
hahahaha jk

De fence is OK they are just finishing painting it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:55 am

I think the recent spending is not a sign of an imminent takeover but Lerner realizing we'll be easier to sell if we're doing well. You have to speculate to accumulate.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:25 am

Yep. The light has finally dawned on his thick skull that relegation is just not an option now and has approved the spending of the money bought in from Benteke and Delph.

Any team that can finish top half and isn't pissing 80% plus of its income on wages is going to look very attractive to a potential buyer.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:02 am

It would be a lot easier to sell a club in the top half then to have to wait until the second to last weekend of the season just to see if we're still in the same division. Also I believe Fox and co have sold the Southampton blueprint to Randy, Buy wise and then turn a profit on players.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:14 pm

Well still no chairman announcement but purchases look to have stopped now we've spent the snake/benteke money. If we do end up with Traore and a couple more for decent fees then we could be sold - as no way Lerner would carry on spending as of now if he didn't have to. We've also been able to attract good players to a doomed club - something is up I tells yers.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:27 pm

jvilla wrote:Well still no chairman announcement but purchases look to have stopped now we've spent the snake/benteke money. If we do end up with Traore and a couple more for decent fees then we could be sold - as no way Lerner would carry on spending as of now if he didn't have to. We've also been able to attract good players to a doomed club - something is up I tells yers.

We haven't stopped spending then if we are in for Adama Have we? The purchases don't mean anything for me. We would've had a budget before the sales and we haven't used that yet so I don't think there's anything going on but you never know. We live in hope.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:28 pm

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if we sign Adama Traore and another striker, I really want to see this new group of players develop. A takeover would possibly change things too much, so let's keep it the same for another season shall we. Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next