The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+109
bruka
smetro
Dazzle
Terry Derry
Villa_Dan
Jae1411
mefromhere
achilles
AVFCKINGS
EbeneezerGoode
Barton82
Thinman
Synopsis
4BetLite
ViewFromT2
danclare82
Wookster
prmort
FoxyAV
Trotters
Trysullvilla
Con
KMitch
ember
NARLA24
DaveAV1
UnclePanda
Cha Ching
Dions_Bald_Head
DelboyVilla
simbrenn
jeffvilla
Dgrizzle7
AVFClee
Andyh
VillaBill
Jo64
The Great white walnut
DomAVFC
avfc85
De Kuip
Leafs1201
DN1982
deadbuzzardalive
South London Villan
Gordonsleftboot
UrmstonVilla
ejs1111
Stripey48
GhostDad
1Elliot
brummieboy
aberdarevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Jpmangel
CoE82
Villa jimmy
holtehero
AstonThriller
hawk190601
gwentvillan
rosco77
andrew24561
clarryblue
big ming
Stratfordvilla
johnny from donny
fastbackace
Robbo
johnny noodles
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
thegaffer6
Mazrim
bazzah
snitum
James_Curtis
Withes Sweatbands
Chrissylee1111
kimbo
Fpuppys
marko63
VillaSteve
George
Nix999
lukevilla
GadgetMan
mickeywya
Latzstar
B62 Villa
Dansvilla75
Villa Ranger
omariqy
jvilla
TED
VTID85
MarvelVillan
banneruk
villabromsgrove
snakevilla
Born Under The Holte End
Keyser Soze
Jamie Gray
mark_draper
tbarrules
JapaneseVillan
Broadlee
Wriggle
GodzoneVilla
Saunders82
113 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by TED Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:29 am

We have untested prem league players.even if they turn out to be good enough surely they will need time to adjust.
We have a very poor squad left from last year.
Top players gone.
Relegation favourites. IMO

TED

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by andrew24561 Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:15 pm

TED wrote:We have untested prem league players.even if they turn out to be good enough surely they will need time to adjust.
We have a very poor squad left from last year.
Top players gone.
Relegation favourites. IMO

Ted lighten up, live for today, don't worry about tomorrow, whatever will be will be, for what its worth if we can get a couple of decent forwards in I personally think we'll be alright, but I'm not going to fret about it. In the meantime chill out and be happy
andrew24561
andrew24561

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great white walnut Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:25 am

I'm generally a glass half full bloke and I reckon that although Benteke's a big loss, with a couple of decent forward signings we will be much stronger this coming season than of late. Hand on heart, I don't really think we will miss Delph as much as some fear. Richards, Gueye and Amavi are all quality players so I'm feeling cautiously optimistic
The Great white walnut
The Great white walnut

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:22 am

The silver lining for me is that if the fans don't have a clue how we'll play or where the goals are coming from, then neither will the opposition!

Hopefully Benteke leaving will force us to become a more well-rounded side and it does seem that Sherwood is building a team that has options for Plan (a), (b) and (c). Just how good they'll be and how long they'll take to start being good is the 100 million dollar question.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco77 Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:22 am

Trotters wrote:The silver lining for me is that if the fans don't have a clue how we'll play or where the goals are coming from, then neither will the opposition!

Hopefully Benteke leaving will force us to become a more well-rounded side and it does seem that Sherwood is building a team that has options for Plan (a), (b) and (c). Just how good they'll be and how long they'll take to start being good is the 100 million dollar question.

Completely agree. I think that was evident at the end of last season. We had very quickly become a dimensional side.
rosco77
rosco77

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:00 am

I too am really looking forward to see who comes in, it's exciting! Of course if we went as is into the season i would have some big concerns but that's a churlish thing to say as of course we will sign players between
now & then.

Really interested to see who Tim goes for and it's a big seeason for the likes of Grealish, Gardner, Robinson and a couple of the other younger prospects too!

Exciting times!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 3769219917
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Barton82 Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:54 pm

bazzah wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:Wow we all seem a little depressed today. A lot of the problems over the last few seasons have all come from terrible decisions off the pitch. We seem to be moving in the correct direction on this front. Now don't get me wrong, I would love to get in another 4 players before the start of the season but it's not going to happen, we will probably manage to get a couple in (one being a forward). We had to have this mass clear out, what we have done is started to replace with quality. I think we will get the right players in and I do not think we will be in a relegation battle.
I agree that the club do not help themselves with the lack of information but I am going to get behind the team this season.

Still think a takeover is on chrissylee?

I posted the below on the transfer/speculation thread - but it probably belongs here as I imagine the annual protest plans will be getting under full swing soon...

---------------------------------------
Had a thought in actual fact for a great "protest" against Lerner.  Like to sex pistols flag (which I wasnt too keen on - but hear me out) for the cup final.  Have a load of scarves made with the motto printed on "No Ambition - No Hope" which would be a mockery of the "Proud History Bright Future" scarf give away... Scarf Waving

Get 10,000 of these and lay them out on the seats of the Holte, ask Villa Brigada 1874 to display banners of the motto, even get a plane to fly over VP with a banner!  Problem would be getting it inside VP - so maybe downsize a little, get 3000 printed for a selected away game....

I could start it but I'm a lazy bugger but If someone could have the get-up-and-go to get this going I'd contribute to the funding. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 3769219917
---------------------------------------

Havent seen any response from Chrissylee1111 to this.
Is the consensus of opinion that his friend was either deluded or yanking our chains?
Barton82

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Chrissylee's friend doesn't necessarily have to be either deluded or yanking anyones chains. For a start off he could still be right. Secondly, even if he's wrong that doesn't make him deluded or on the wind up. Lots of things change during negotiations of any sort and information he was given could have gone out of date.

I have no idea why Chrissy hasn't responded, but he's not obliged to. Considering the time of year he could easily be on holiday. We are all craving info regardless of whether it's takeover, signings or anything else. So when someone goes to the trouble to put their neck on the line it would be nice if they weren't slaughtered if the info isn't what we want to hear, or isn't 100% spot on. That sort of attitude hardly encourages people to divulge any snippets they may have.
DaveAV1

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:42 pm

KMitch wrote:
jvilla wrote:Nixon has said were gonna sign 2 or 3 attackers and thats for starters.

2 more of similar caliber to the players we've already signed and things are looking great.

Guzan
Hutton/Bacuna Okore/Richards Clark Amavi
Westwood/Sanchez Gueye
Ayew/New RW Gil/Grealish Sinclair
New Striker/Ayew

Much stronger on paper than last season's first team.

Agree with the sentiment totally....but assuming Gueye's recent interview can be taken at face value, he stated Sherwood told him we would be playing 4-3-3 and he would be on the right of the midfield 3.

So, assuming the two biggest rumours of Cambiasso and Adebayor happen....how does this look:

-----------------GUZAN

HUTTON -- RICHARDS -- CLARK -- AMAVI

--GUEYE -- CAMBIASSO -- SANCHEZ

------GIL -- ADEBAYOR -- AYEW

That is a seriously experienced and strong spine....personally I would like a natural left footed player in alongside Cambiasso...and play Sanchez centrally when Cambiasso not available.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:53 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
KMitch wrote:
jvilla wrote:Nixon has said were gonna sign 2 or 3 attackers and thats for starters.

2 more of similar caliber to the players we've already signed and things are looking great.

Guzan
Hutton/Bacuna Okore/Richards Clark Amavi
Westwood/Sanchez Gueye
Ayew/New RW Gil/Grealish Sinclair
New Striker/Ayew

Much stronger on paper than last season's first team.

Agree with the sentiment totally....but assuming Gueye's recent interview can be taken at face value, he stated Sherwood told him we would be playing 4-3-3 and he would be on the right of the midfield 3.

So, assuming the two biggest rumours of Cambiasso and Adebayor happen....how does this look:

-----------------GUZAN

HUTTON -- RICHARDS -- CLARK -- AMAVI

--GUEYE -- CAMBIASSO -- SANCHEZ

------GIL -- ADEBAYOR -- AYEW

That is a seriously experienced and strong spine....personally I would like a natural left footed player in alongside Cambiasso...and play Sanchez centrally when Cambiasso not available.

Like the look of that tbh, Gil /Grealish – Ayew/Sinclair fighting for playing time.

With Benteke gone a new system needs to be put in place, at times we were so reliant on him bringing people into play it became predictable.

Looking forwards to the new season.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelVillan Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:03 pm

Me too. Let's face it, with Delph and Benteke in the squad, we were totally sussed out and taken apart by Arsenal in the cup final. They knew that, once you take Tekkers out of the equation, we'd be utterly toothless.

This year we're an unknown quantity, at least.
MarvelVillan
MarvelVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barton82 Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:29 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Chrissylee's friend doesn't necessarily have to be either deluded or yanking anyones chains. For a start off he could still be right. Secondly, even if he's wrong that doesn't make him deluded or on the wind up. Lots of things change during negotiations of any sort and information he was given could have gone out of date.

I have no idea why Chrissy hasn't responded, but he's not obliged to. Considering the time of year he could easily be on holiday. We are all craving info regardless of whether it's takeover, signings or anything else. So when someone goes to the trouble to put their neck on the line it would be nice if they weren't slaughtered if the info isn't what we want to hear, or isn't 100% spot on. That sort of attitude hardly encourages people to divulge any snippets they may have.

Well are you saying that anbody can post info they hear without any kind of verification.
It is entirely possible that something is going on, both EDsAmy on twitter and Chrissylees friend said a fortnight a go it was close however there is quite a few others who are saying the opposite, noit least HH and its hard to see how both sides can be right.

Sadly I believe that any takeover is pretty much dead and would be very interested to see if Chrisylee can shed any positive light on our current situation.
Barton82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Hodgson described the Chinese bid as 'delayed' in his podcast with Jonny Gould and said there were still discussions going on. Also the only thing we've got to go on that the rival bid collapsed is Merrill Lynch told Hodgson that is what has happened, but I'm not too sure they'd tell give away too much information about a rival bid.

On top of all that we don't know that other parties might be interested too. I'm not saying I expect us to be taken over anytime now, but I wouldn't be surprised if something happened in the coming months. I suppose if Lerner appoints a chairman then that will end the rumours, at least until next pre-season.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:09 pm

I know nothing (as usual) but just imagine for a minute that there was a Chinese/Asian/British based bid that relied on a group of investors or funds putting up the cash to buy Villa. The crash on the Chinese stock/equity exchange would have knocked a huge hole in the ability of such an investment group to raise the capital, and the tight controls put in place by central government would probably have made it impossible to proceed. That's not Randy's fault or that of an Asian bidding group. It's just a fact of financial life.

The collapse of an American bid would be harder to explain.
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Barton82 wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:Chrissylee's friend doesn't necessarily have to be either deluded or yanking anyones chains. For a start off he could still be right. Secondly, even if he's wrong that doesn't make him deluded or on the wind up. Lots of things change during negotiations of any sort and information he was given could have gone out of date.

Well are you saying that anbody can post info they hear without any kind of verification.
It is entirely possible that something is going on, both EDsAmy on twitter and Chrissylees friend said a fortnight a go it was close however there is quite a few others who are saying the opposite, noit least HH and its hard to see how both sides can be right.

Sadly I believe that any takeover is pretty much dead and would be very interested to see if Chrisylee can shed any positive light on our current situation.

Well people can say what they like, it's down to each individual to believe them or not. Whilst I'm sure there are some people who fabricate stuff for some sort of strange pleasure, I don't think Chrissylee is that sort of poster. My point being, we will stop people posting genuine stuff that they've heard in good faith, if we"re going to slaughter them if it doesn't pan out how they genuinely thought it would. Given that "professional" journalists are struggling to get any info out of AVFC, it would be a pretty sparse thread if only 100% verified stuff was posted.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:21 pm

Hi guys, I have not been hiding but have been busy trying to get a heavy workload finished. It may seem hard to believe but I still think that something is going on. Villa have been extremely quite and are staying out of the press plus there is no new chairman insight, surely with the season fast approaching Lerner would have appointed one if the deal was completely dead in the water. I am meeting up with my friend on Saturday, he is currently on holiday, I will ask him (after a few beers).
Now this is my gut feeling but something has changed and many are feeling it, villa are silent, the press are silent, this is exactly what are think villa want...the calm before the storm. I will find out more on Saturday.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by gwentvillan Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:49 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:Hi guys, I have not been hiding but have been busy trying to get a heavy workload finished. It may seem hard to believe but I still think that something is going on. Villa have been extremely quite and are staying out of the press plus there is no new chairman insight, surely with the season fast approaching Lerner would have appointed one if the deal was completely dead in the water. I am meeting up with my friend on Saturday, he is currently on holiday, I will ask him (after a few beers).
Now this is my gut feeling but something has changed and many are feeling it, villa are silent, the press are silent, this is exactly what are think villa want...the calm before the storm. I will find out more on Saturday.

I wonder if this revolution is Lerner's parting gift. I hope so. It would go someway to make up for the dire football we have all had to witness for years
gwentvillan
gwentvillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barton82 Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:25 am

DaveAV1 wrote:
Barton82 wrote:

Well people can say what they like, it's down to each individual to believe them or not. Whilst I'm sure there are some people who fabricate stuff for some sort of strange pleasure, I don't think Chrissylee is that sort of poster. My point being, we will stop people posting genuine stuff that they've heard in good faith, if we"re going to slaughter them if it doesn't pan out how they genuinely thought it would. Given that "professional" journalists are struggling to get any info out of AVFC, it would be a pretty sparse thread if only 100% verified stuff was posted.

One of the differences on here compared to other Villa forums is that people who post stuff from an ITK position dont get slaughtered and it was not my intention to do so above.
I will hold my hand up and say that I believe that the glamour model on twitter almost certainly made up the stuff about someone she knows who was working on due diligence and as far as I am aware she hasnt mentioned anything about the takeover in the last week or so as I think she is hoping it will all be forgotten. I cannot say one way or another how much trust I put in other posters claiming that the takeover will happen in the near future although I would say that I cannot see anything at this point to suggest that it will happen before the transfer window shuts and that by its very nature would suggest its dead until next summer.

Some people will be proved right, some will be proved wrong and it will be interesting to see what happens in the next month.
Barton82

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:00 pm

We sign this new Jordan lad and I'm (as ever) convinced we've been sold, he is top 6 quality. All of these players from France have been swayed by money sure, but we're not the only team in the prem with cash to spend. They all say Sherwood convinced them, which is believable. But there must be a vision he is selling them, and all in a climate where our best 2 players have left. So different to last summer and still no announcement from Lerner.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:03 pm

Albion have agreed a fee for James Chester - really would have liked him at Villa.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:19 pm

smetro wrote:Albion have agreed a fee for James Chester - really would have liked him at Villa.
Good centre back.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:26 pm

I agree smetro, I think one more good centre half would be ideal. I suppose it depends a little on Sendros, he looked good at the start of last season before he got injured. If he can recover properly physically and resume how he left off then we should have enough cover in that position. If however we have the centre half injury crisis we had last season, then we're still about 6 centre halves short!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by hawk190601 Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:47 pm

Never know our new owner could be Bernard Arnault, AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 1420239857 Keeping postitive French Link going. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
hawk190601

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:52 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:Hi guys, I have not been hiding but have been busy trying to get a heavy workload finished. It may seem hard to believe but I still think that something is going on. Villa have been extremely quite and are staying out of the press plus there is no new chairman insight, surely with the season fast approaching Lerner would have appointed one if the deal was completely dead in the water. I am meeting up with my friend on Saturday, he is currently on holiday, I will ask him (after a few beers).

My guess is that something will happen when we have completed our transfer dealings. No reason, just a hunch!

Until Lerner announces a new chairman, then nothing has changed, we are still being sold....Lerner's actual words dictate that thought process....not interpretation or trying to second guess him.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:00 pm

My gut feeling is that Randy vacillates between desperately wanting to sell, and then being quite excited to be the Villa owner.

I think we're possibly benefitting from Randy's mood being on an upswing at the moment.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next