The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs]

+15
Mazrim
villabromsgrove
Jamie Gray
VillaBill
mark_draper
FoxyAV
Dgrizzle7
bruka
kimbo
Villa_Dan
Trotters
The Utterer
ViewFromT2
gdav
smetro
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 Empty Re: Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs]

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:41 pm

N'Zogbia is a technically gifted and talented player who has a terrible workrate and the decision-making of the Titanic's captain
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 Empty Re: Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs]

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:N'Zogbia is a technically gifted and talented player who has a terrible workrate and the decision-making of the Titanic's captain

He just needs managing properly. I agree with what you are saying, but a 'proper' manager will always get a tune out of N'Zogbia.

"N'Zogbia could go to the very top with the right coaching and motivation, and I hope it is with Newcastle. I signed him as a teenager and he was one of the most naturally gifted players of that age I'd ever seen."

- Sir Bobby Robson

But don't worry...he's "beyond dogshit" according to some.....what a mef!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:59 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I think N'Zogbia is a very limited player. I'm amazed anyone think he has technical ability or any ability. Even when we played pretty fucking great football in April, he was beyond dogshit. Still remember him taking on a defender and I was thinking maybe this is his moment. It all went tits up and he tripped in an entanglement of his own feet and ineptitude.

Worst player we have. By a mile. And that's saying something. How the fuck Gil wasn't playing is up there with Stonehenge as the worlds biggest mystery.

The problem is mate, when you continually call everyone and everything 'shit'...people generally stop listening to what you have to say I'm afraid! N'Zogbia was capped by France twice, at a time when they were one of the best teams on the planet. If that is 'shit' in your world, I dread to think what you make of Gabby....although if I had to bet I'd say you most probably rate him!

Although in the past 4 seasons calling everything and everyone shit, wouldn't be that wide of the mark.

I always thought Nzog was crap - sure he has great dribbling skills, but his decision making is woeful, he seems to fall over an awful lot, and he can't cross a ball to save his life.
Id hope townsend wouldn't be as bad, but I wouldn't be that confident, lots of pace - but the rest of his game is very eratic...IMO

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:05 pm

smetro wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I think N'Zogbia is a very limited player. I'm amazed anyone think he has technical ability or any ability. Even when we played pretty fucking great football in April, he was beyond dogshit. Still remember him taking on a defender and I was thinking maybe this is his moment. It all went tits up and he tripped in an entanglement of his own feet and ineptitude.

Worst player we have. By a mile. And that's saying something. How the fuck Gil wasn't playing is up there with Stonehenge as the worlds biggest mystery.

The problem is mate, when you continually call everyone and everything 'shit'...people generally stop listening to what you have to say I'm afraid! N'Zogbia was capped by France twice, at a time when they were one of the best teams on the planet. If that is 'shit' in your world, I dread to think what you make of Gabby....although if I had to bet I'd say you most probably rate him!

Although in the past 4 seasons calling everything and everyone shit, wouldn't be that wide of the mark.

I always thought Nzog was crap - sure he has great dribbling skills, but his decision making is woeful, he seems to fall over an awful lot, and he can't cross a ball to save his life.
Id hope townsend wouldn't be as bad, but I wouldn't be that confident, lots of pace - but the rest of his game is very eratic...IMO

Well we would have gone down if that was the case.

Sir Bobby's assessment will do for me, that's more in keeping with the player I watched play for Newcastle, Wigan and at times us!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:10 pm

smetro wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

His Villa career until Tim came was awful. His body language looked like a man who didn't want to know & didn't care if he played or not. A villa player actually told me face to face that all he was bothered about what his pay cheque. My step dad worked with him at Newcastle & wasn't much more complimentary. Said he liked being the big fish in a small pond, which is why he lived Wigan as he was the star man. One of Tim's biggest achievements so far for me has been getting some level of performance out of him. He's not been a world beater, but, he's had some moments in big games that we've not seen from him previously & he looked enthusiastic. He has to go, we can do better, but his time under Tim has been completely different to the rest of his time with us
Jamie Gray

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Potentially buying Townsend for £12 million + substantial wages, would be a hell of a change of club policy.

What would that indicate?

Either it's just another crap rumour, or Randy has had a reality check, or is working with impending new owners to strengthen the team while the T's are being crossed and the i's dotted on a buyer's contract.

Do out going owners and incoming buyers ever do this? I'm struggling to think of examples apart from Petrov back in 2006, when Randy had become owner in all but name.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:
smetro wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

His Villa career until Tim came was awful. His body language looked like a man who didn't want to know & didn't care if he played or not. A villa player actually told me face to face that all he was bothered about what his pay cheque. My step dad worked with him at Newcastle & wasn't much more complimentary. Said he liked being the big fish in a small pond, which is why he lived Wigan as he was the star man. One of Tim's biggest achievements so far for me has been getting some level of performance out of him. He's not been a world beater, but, he's had some moments in big games that we've not seen from him previously & he looked enthusiastic. He has to go, we can do better, but his time under Tim has been completely different to the rest of his time with us

that's a fair assessment....and as I originally said, he is a player that needs managing. Had he come to Villa under a manager like Sherwood...who knows what we would of seen?
He went awful at Newcastle under that colossus of a manager...Glen Roeder!
Martinez got him playing at Wigan.

Never said he was a world beater, but for anyone to call him shit with no technical ability, is frankly pathetic...in my opinion!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:21 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:

Well I'm not into sugarcoating, so don't really care.

For what it's worth. I find Tekkers and Delph brilliant. And Grealish, Clark and Okore pretty decent. I don't mind Bacuna in the squad either, but the rest of them can get to fuck. Vlaar has to be the most overrated CB we have ever had. Ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:26 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Potentially buying Townsend for £12 million + substantial wages, would be a hell of a change of club policy.

Either it's just another crap rumour, or Randy has had a reality check, or is working with impending new owners to strengthen the team while the T's are being crossed and the i's dotted on a buyer's contract.

Do out going owners and incoming buyers ever do this? I'm struggling to think of examples apart from Petrov back in 2006, when Randy had become owner in all but name.

I'm just thinking out loud, but if I were taking over a club, I certainly wouldn't allow signings I didn't have control over. Which tells me you either are in a situation we are no where near being sold. Or we are being sold to someone that doesn't have the cash required.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Potentially buying Townsend for £12 million + substantial wages, would be a hell of a change of club policy.

I'm just thinking out loud, but if I were taking over a club, I certainly wouldn't allow signings I didn't have control over.  Which tells me you either are in a situation we are no where near being sold. Or we are being sold to someone that doesn't have the cash required.
I must admit that's similar to my thinking. I've been worrying for some time that we're approaching a 'low key' takeover where we will still be under funded in comparison even to other mid table teams.

If we signed Townsend (whatever your opinion of the player) it would show that at least we were prepared to spend on mid range players and salaries. That hasn't been the case in the last three or four seasons.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Think the most disappointing thing about nzog, he had huge potential to be a great player, with massive ability think the previous managers killed him. His work rate kills us at times as well as his decision. However when his on his game what a player, he has more off games the good though I think fans are starting to lose patience with him tbh.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he was sold anyway but if Tim can extract more out of him then so be it.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:05 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:N'Zogbia is a technically gifted and talented player who has a terrible workrate and the decision-making of the Titanic's captain
That's pretty much how I see it. Between the brainless decision-making nonsense of Zog, Gabby and Weimann I'm pretty certain I've lost 20 years off my life.

Given that I've probably lost another 20 with booze and bad food, I should be dead by the end of this sent-
kimbo
kimbo

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:00 pm

kimbo wrote:
That's pretty much how I see it. Between the brainless decision-making nonsense of Zog, Gabby and Weimann I'm pretty certain I've lost 20 years off my life.

Given that I've probably lost another 20 with booze and bad food, I should be dead by the end of this sent-
Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 1956653425
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:30 pm

I can't wait to see the back of N'Zogbia. He's been mugging us off since he arrived. A few stutters of decent play under Sherwood isn't going to change that. I was hopeful when we signed him but he's been a Sasa Curcic level disappointment. So bollocks to him.

Townsend is a different proposition altogether. He's direct, motivated and would suit us perfectly. I hope to god we get him.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Oh, and we're having a minutes no posting in memory of Kimbo. Except for Smetro who can have a week. Fishing
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Mazrim wrote:Oh, and we're having a minutes no posting in memory of Kimbo. Except for Smetro who can have a week. Fishing

Why Kimbo ain't dead is he ?

Your about to get a smetro free weekend......hows that do ya ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:38 pm

smetro wrote:
Mazrim wrote:Oh, and we're having a minutes no posting in memory of Kimbo. Except for Smetro who can have a week. Fishing

I may or may not have died about 4 posts previous  Suspect
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:52 pm

smetro wrote:

What? Why? Who's going to be here to burst any happiness bubbles that may come up over the weekend? Can someone take Smetro's role? Is Colin Gale available? 8) only kidding, nobody could top Gales dose of 'realism' Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 1662365926
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:04 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:

What? Why? Who's going to be here to burst any happiness bubbles that may come up over the weekend? Can someone take Smetro's role? Is Colin Gale available? 8) only kidding, nobody could top Gales dose of 'realism' Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 1662365926

Im sure you will be be fine.........I reckon some big news will break over the weekend ......so you can enjoy it, before I return to give it some much needed perspective.... Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 1558371468 Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 3363484586
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Enjoy your weekend mate. We'll try and keep things real in your absence.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:25 pm

smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:

Im sure you will be be fine.........I reckon some big news will break over the weekend ......so you can enjoy it, before I return to give it some much needed perspective.... Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 1558371468 Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 3363484586

Haha!! Well have a good weekend and we look forward to some perspective Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:43 pm

Is it a motivational speech seminar?
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:23 pm

How much would Phillips (QPR) in comparison to Townsend.
I'd much rather we went for him.
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:12 pm

Andyh wrote:How much would Phillips (QPR) in comparison to Townsend.
I'd much rather we went for him.
I think WBA are trying to sign him. He'll be a fair bit cheaper than Townsend imo.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:45 pm

F*CK OFF SWANSEA Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] - Page 2 1015550615
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next