The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs]

+15
Mazrim
villabromsgrove
Jamie Gray
VillaBill
mark_draper
FoxyAV
Dgrizzle7
bruka
kimbo
Villa_Dan
Trotters
The Utterer
ViewFromT2
gdav
smetro
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] Empty Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs]

Post by smetro Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:06 am

For me another player who has failed to live up to his early promise. Lots of pace though.
Going to be expensive - Id imagine a fee over £10m and wages above £50k pw

smetro
smetro

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] Empty Re: Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs]

Post by gdav Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:19 am

I think he's a great player, just needs to play every week.
gdav
gdav

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] Empty Re: Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs]

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:20 am

No.

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:50 am

Superb signing for the way Sherwood likes his teams to play. Great pace, bit erratic at times but how anyone in their right mind could say no to Andros Townsend, after watching the likes of Gabby, Weimann, Tonev, Sylla etc for the last 3 years....Jesus Christ!!

I think there are posters to this forum that have not actually watched Villa play. Ever!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:54 am

It would be a massive mistake to buy overinflated English players, especially spurs rejects when the Sterling - Euro conversion rate is what it is. Spending £ 10 million + on Andros will be bad business. Go abroad. You can get ridiculous potential and ability for 15 million euros.

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:59 am

Joppe84 wrote:It would be a massive mistake to buy overinflated English players, especially spurs rejects when the Sterling - Euro conversion rate is what it is. Spending £ 10 million + on Andros will be bad business. Go abroad. You can get ridiculous potential and ability for 15 million euros.

A bit like Liverpool did last season you mean?

Amazing, the modern day football fan being worried about european exchange rates when looking at players!!!!

lol! lol! lol!

You couldn't make this shit up......!

I'm claiming first dibs on the book rights guys....just gotta start collating all these whacky posts!! Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] 498107619
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 am

You have to be pretty fucking stupid to not understand the concept of value for money. And as this club has fuck all money it would be wise to learn this pretty quickly or we won't win another trophy ever again.

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:17 am

Joppe84 wrote:You have to be pretty fucking stupid to not understand the concept of value for money. And as this club has fuck all money it would be wise to learn this pretty quickly or we won't win another trophy ever again.

And that is the role of the fan yeah?

I would hope Villa employ people a whole lot more qualified/knowledgeable to woory about that, than a fans forum poster....no offence!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:20 am

Joppe84 wrote:It would be a massive mistake to buy overinflated English players, especially spurs rejects when the Sterling - Euro conversion rate is what it is. Spending £ 10 million + on Andros will be bad business. Go abroad. You can get ridiculous potential and ability for 15 million euros.
My only issue with that Joppe is the vast majority of the decent ones wouldn't come here with us being now perceived abroad as a relegation dodging team. Technically you're correct but the reaction from those players tends to be "not really finding this move appealing" (Even when their club has accepted the bid). The recent quote from that French side Nice's player just about sums it up!

We are not well thought of at present abroad, especially after being ridiculed World wide in the FA cup final when we were effectively publicly hung drawn & quartered by Arsenal!

You can understand it too as this ownership have brought total ridicule to this club over the last 5 years or so and have tainted it's image somewhat in the process. I think English players are a little more aware of the potential here as they grew up knowing more about the club or at least some of them did which helps. For example I don't think it's a coincidence that Jimmy Milner is at Man City where our better two recent signings have come from and for that i will be eternally grateful to him. We know he bigged the club up to an uncertain Scott Sinclair recently (His own words) and i see it as no coincidence that we now have another ex City boy in Micah Richards signed up....They know each other & word spreads. Over seas we do not have much of that reputation left, a little but not much. Look at Carlos Sanchez for example, he only came here so he said because Juan Pablo Angel bigged us up to him! We don't have a lot of that however unlike say Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea who are littered with foreign talent as well as enjoying the constant Sky 4 benefits of 24/7 hype!..... I guess it's kind of who you know!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:21 am

Whilst it does have a certain whiff of MON-ness about it, getting players in on the cheap from Europe is also frought with danger and can take a season or two for them to "get up to speed".

But a flat out "no" to Andros Townsend seems a bit strange to me. If we're looking for fast, powerful attacking players then it's clear that the club have heard very clearly that the fans want to be entertained, want to see goals and want to be excited. As such, Andros Townsend = "yes".
Trotters
Trotters

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:30 am

I'd be delighted with Townsend. He's seemingly struggled to nail down his place at Spurs following injury but I'm not holding that against him as Spurs is a funny old place.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:31 am

To me Andros Townsend is a more skillful version of Gabby who can also score goals/take chances on a much more regular basis. Having said that imagine having both of them on the counter together Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] 1662365926
The Utterer
The Utterer

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:41 am

The Utterer wrote:To me Andros Townsend is a more skillful version of Gabby who can also score goals/take chances on a much more regular basis. Having said that imagine having both of them on the counter together Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] 1662365926

I personally hope Gabby never kicks another ball for us. If we are to move onwards and upwards, we really have to leave this pathetic excuse for a footballer behind. His contribution to the side is non-existant now. Aside from having pace, what exactly does he offer?

I can hit a golf ball over 300 yards....does that make me a pro-golfer?....absolutely not....cos I can't hit it straight, I can't chip, I can't putt....I basically have 1 skill, but alone it means sod all.

Gabby has one skill...he can run quick. He cannot do anything else. Lambert giving him a new contract alone was a sackable offence in my opinion.

Edit: add to that the fact he is a trouble making arse wipe as well (allegedly)...time to get shot!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:02 am

Let's keep the debating to making points without insults please. Cheers.
kimbo
kimbo

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:18 am

Would be very happy with signing Townsend, he's a player with a lot of potential if played regularly and the guy has scored some screamers at international level. Sinclair, Townsend, Richards, those to me are 3 very positive signings who will no doubt improve the way we play.
bruka

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:49 am

I don’t see anyone currently in the squad better than Townsend .

He’d be a fantastic signing should he sign for us, exactly what we need in the team Imo
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:55 am

We have lots going on down the left wing, not least Scott Sinclair and Jack Grealish. Playing N'Zogbia for the last few matches of the season seems to show just how desperate Sherwood was for someone on the right hand side of the pitch. As much as I like Bacuna he's not someone I'd start at RB or in midfield, he's a substitute for league and starter in cup matches. Albrighton could possibly have filled the role had he stayed and proved himself but what didn't work was playing a striker (Weimann or Gabby) alongside Benteke in a 4-3-3. Sinclair doesn't seem to work in a 4-3-3 either (or would you replace Grealish with him?), or at least Sherwood declined to play him in the 4-3-3 he was using at the end of the season. So if he's playing a 4-4-2 with Sinclair on the left - or a 4-4-1-1 with Grealish roaming around Benteke - we need someone with decent talent on the right. Benteke tends to go left, I'm not sure if it's because Grealish, Gabby and Delph are all over there. Cleverley going has left us in short supply of attacking talent on the right. Townsend could work very well for us.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:14 am

The Utterer wrote:
My only issue with that Joppe is the vast majority of the decent ones wouldn't come here with us being now perceived abroad as a relegation dodging team.  Technically you're correct but the reaction from those players tends to be "not really finding this move appealing" (Even when their club has accepted the bid). The recent quote from that French side Nice's player just about sums it up!

We are not well thought of at present abroad, especially after being ridiculed World wide in the FA cup final when we were effectively publicly hung drawn & quartered by Arsenal!

You can understand it too as this ownership have brought total ridicule to this club over the last 5 years or so and have tainted it's image somewhat in the process. I think English players are a little more aware of the potential here as they grew up knowing more about the club or at least some of them did which helps. For example I don't think it's a coincidence that Jimmy Milner is at Man City where our better two recent signings have come from and for that i will be eternally grateful to him. We know he bigged the club up to an uncertain Scott Sinclair recently (His own words) and i see it as no coincidence that we now have another ex City boy in Micah Richards signed up....They know each other & word spreads. Over seas we do not have much of that reputation left, a little but not much. Look at Carlos Sanchez for example, he only came here so he said because Juan Pablo Angel bigged us up to him! We don't have a lot of that however unlike say Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea who are littered with foreign talent as well as enjoying the constant Sky 4 benefits of 24/7 hype!..... I guess it's kind of who you know!

I think you are making some good points here, but I honestly think we are offering such good wages that players in all European Leagues would consider the move. As seen by a lot of players already in the league. Like for instance Benteke.

I see very little difference in signing Andros now and N'Zogbia when we did. Same hyped mediocre player, that simply doesn't have the ability worth the money needed to buy him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:25 am

Well one may argue that had N'Zogbia came into a club managed by a Tim Sherwood type manager from day one, a manager that could utilise him to exploit his talents (instead of McCleish and then Lambert) then we may well have seen a vastly improved Villa career.

Don't underestimate the importance of motivation on players. The best teams are generally managed by the best man managers...
I don't remember too many villa fans moaning when Zoggy joined...hindsight (and FM2015) is a wonderful thing!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:46 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:Well one may argue that had N'Zogbia came into a club managed by a Tim Sherwood type manager from day one, a manager that could utilise him to exploit his talents (instead of McCleish and then Lambert) then we may well have seen a vastly improved Villa career.

Don't underestimate the importance of motivation on players. The best teams are generally managed by the best man managers...
I don't remember too many villa fans moaning when Zoggy joined...hindsight (and FM2015) is a wonderful thing!
I moaned. I had the "Fuck off and support Small Heath" brigade abusing me on Twitter because I dared to suggest that N'Zogbia would be a poor signing. I'll tell you something, as little as I expected of him, he's still been a massive disappointment, even by the standards of the very low expectations that I had.
kimbo
kimbo

Linked Player:Andros Townsend [Spurs] 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:58 am

kimbo wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Well one may argue that had N'Zogbia came into a club managed by a Tim Sherwood type manager from day one, a manager that could utilise him to exploit his talents (instead of McCleish and then Lambert) then we may well have seen a vastly improved Villa career.

I moaned. I had the "Fuck off and support Small Heath" brigade abusing me on Twitter because I dared to suggest that N'Zogbia would be a poor signing. I'll tell you something, as little as I expected of him, he's still been a massive disappointment, even by the standards of the very low expectations that I had.

I'm quite surprised by that to be fair. In terms of technical ability alone, he would still be one of villa's best players....McCleish and Lambert no idea how to 'get him going'.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:58 am

Unreal player. Would be chuffed to get him but just can't see Spurs selling.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:29 pm

I think N'Zogbia is a very limited player. I'm amazed anyone think he has technical ability or any ability. Even when we played pretty fucking great football in April, he was beyond dogshit. Still remember him taking on a defender and I was thinking maybe this is his moment. It all went tits up and he tripped in an entanglement of his own feet and ineptitude.

Worst player we have. By a mile. And that's saying something. How the fuck Gil wasn't playing is up there with Stonehenge as the worlds biggest mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:25 pm

N'Zogbia has been awful for his time at the club, he had good games for Newcastle, virtually kept Wigan up on his own one season but for Villa ? He has been a complete waste of a shirt !

As for Townsend , i like his direct running & pace & i know he scored a couple for England & against us in 13/14 but his shooting isnt the best !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:34 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I think N'Zogbia is a very limited player. I'm amazed anyone think he has technical ability or any ability. Even when we played pretty fucking great football in April, he was beyond dogshit. Still remember him taking on a defender and I was thinking maybe this is his moment. It all went tits up and he tripped in an entanglement of his own feet and ineptitude.

Worst player we have. By a mile. And that's saying something. How the fuck Gil wasn't playing is up there with Stonehenge as the worlds biggest mystery.

The problem is mate, when you continually call everyone and everything 'shit'...people generally stop listening to what you have to say I'm afraid! N'Zogbia was capped by France twice, at a time when they were one of the best teams on the planet. If that is 'shit' in your world, I dread to think what you make of Gabby....although if I had to bet I'd say you most probably rate him!

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next