The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Linked Player: Charlie Austin [QPR]

+4
Cha Ching
villabromsgrove
Villa_Dan
smetro
8 posters

Go down

Linked Player: Charlie Austin [QPR] Empty Linked Player: Charlie Austin [QPR]

Post by smetro Wed May 20, 2015 8:13 am

Article Click Here

£15m - says we have identified him as potential Benteke replacement.
smetro
smetro

Linked Player: Charlie Austin [QPR] 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Linked Player: Charlie Austin [QPR] Empty Re: Linked Player: Charlie Austin [QPR]

Post by Villa_Dan Wed May 20, 2015 8:20 am

I want Austin (17 goals in a shite QPR team is a great return) but not as a replacement for Benteke.

I want Jackson Martinez. The bloke is class, and I think we could get him. He's scored 67 goals in 89 games for Porto, if Benteke goes use everything we get for Martinez and all is well.

Oh and he's only paid 14000 euros a week, that's less than Westwood!!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Linked Player: Charlie Austin [QPR] Empty Re: Linked Player: Charlie Austin [QPR]

Post by villabromsgrove Wed May 20, 2015 8:38 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I want Austin (17 goals in a shite QPR team is a great return) but not as a replacement for Benteke.

I want Jackson Martinez. The bloke is class, and I think we could get him. He's scored 67 goals in 89 games for Porto, if Benteke goes use everything we get for Martinez and all is well.

Oh and he's only paid 14000 euros a week, that's less than Westwood!!!
With those stats he has to be on Paddy Reilly's recruitment list if we lose Benteke. Paddy scouts with OPTA stats as his main tool, so he can't be unaware of him.

Austin would make a great number 10 for Villa because of his ability to find space in dangerous areas and his really accurate shooting ability. He doesn't have the pace to be an out and out front man for us with the way Sherwood sets up.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed May 20, 2015 8:58 am

Maybe I should see if old Paddy needs an assistant, seems like a great job
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed May 20, 2015 9:13 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Maybe I should see if old Paddy needs an assistant, seems like a great job
I remember reading that Paddy buys in an assistant on a regular basis who is employed by OPTA. Send in your CV Dan!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Wed May 20, 2015 10:22 am

If there's any legs in this story then...

Scenario 1 If we're close to a sale.

There would be no major in's and out's without approval of new owners, especially our prize asset. This might be complicated by needing to get business done to beat others to the signature of Austin for instance.
It would mean that if the new owners sanctioned this, then Benteke is likely off, and we need to act fast to replace him. Either that or we're going to be moneybags and buy £15m players as backup ignoring ffp laws.

Scenario 2: If we're not close to a sale

Bentekes off.

Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Linked Player: Charlie Austin [QPR] 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed May 20, 2015 12:55 pm

There are gems to be had from the continent, clearly. If Jackson Martinez knocked on my door and said "Hello, I'm Jackson Martinez", I wouldn't know who he was. But those stats look just fine.
Trotters
Trotters

Linked Player: Charlie Austin [QPR] 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed May 20, 2015 1:04 pm

Well you would, he just told you his name. Keep up old man Linked Player: Charlie Austin [QPR] 498107619
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed May 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Why can't we have Austin and Benteke? I'd let Weinman go, then we'd have Benteke, Austin, Kozak and Gabby as our 1st team strikers. A couple in midfield, an almost completely new defence and we're sorted. I don't see what the problem is.

Perhaps throw in a goal keeper too, if we've got a few quid left burning a hole in our pockets.

Scarf Waving
DaveAV1

Linked Player: Charlie Austin [QPR] 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed May 20, 2015 1:45 pm

I wonder how much Weimann is on. Offload ASAP. I dunno if it was Lambert that ruined him but he's done nothing worthy of note in a long long time. Free up his wages and give it to someone special*

*now you have George Michael in your head don't you? Good.
Trotters
Trotters

Linked Player: Charlie Austin [QPR] 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed May 20, 2015 3:43 pm

Trotters wrote:There are gems to be had from the continent, clearly. If Jackson Martinez knocked on my door and said "Hello, I'm Jackson Martinez", I wouldn't know who he was. But those stats look just fine.

He will be at Man Utd or the like next season. This is a current, in form, champions league level striker. We have ZERO chance of signing him...and it won't matter who owns us.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed May 20, 2015 3:48 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Why can't we have Austin and Benteke? I'd let Weinman go, then we'd have Benteke, Austin, Kozak and Gabby as our 1st team strikers. A couple in midfield, an almost completely new defence and we're sorted. I don't see what the problem is.

Perhaps throw in a goal keeper too, if we've got a few quid left burning a hole in our pockets.

Scarf Waving

I like Austin, he would be a great addition.

Kozak will be moved on I think. He was slow before the injury...I'd be surprised if he can run at all now :) .... shame, but he won't take us up the table.
Gabby is woeful. I accept he showed impoved form when TS came in.....I guess we'll never be able to move him on as nobody would want to pay anything for him so I suppose he could be an option off the bench (occasionall) when we wanna send the ball into the corner....but I don't want him near the starting XI going forward. Again, we need to be looking to progress....using Gabby will not give us that.

Agree totally on back four and keeper. For me keeper higher priority than RB.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed May 20, 2015 4:21 pm

Trotters wrote:I wonder how much Weimann is on. Offload ASAP. I dunno if it was Lambert that ruined him but he's done nothing worthy of note in a long long time. Free up his wages and give it to someone special*

*now you have George Michael in your head don't you? Good.
Better in your head than in your .... !!!! :moon:
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed May 20, 2015 5:13 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Trotters wrote:There are gems to be had from the continent, clearly. If Jackson Martinez knocked on my door and said "Hello, I'm Jackson Martinez", I wouldn't know who he was. But those stats look just fine.

He will be at Man Utd or the like next season. This is a current, in form, champions league level striker. We have ZERO chance of signing him...and it won't matter who owns us.

I disagree. I think he needs to prove himself in England before getting that type of move, United need a proven striker. Like Valencia at West Ham, he went there planning to move in 2 seasons IMO The press have claimed Martinez is about to sign for United, Arsenal, Spurs - with Spurs apparently "set to complete the deal"

If he'll go to Spurs then we'd have a shout, especially with a fellow Colombian in our squad.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed May 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Just give Darren Bent's wages to Benteke , ask him to give us another year , see where we are then !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum