The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD !

+8
Wriggle
ViewFromT2
HarryAVFC
Trotters
WendyOz
Mazrim
kimbo
smetro
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD ! Empty Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD !

Post by smetro Mon May 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Click for Article

Assuming Cleverly signs I think midfield is an area we are pretty well stocked in - So this is unlikely to go anywhere IMO.

Last edited by smetro on Thu May 28, 2015 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
smetro
smetro

Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD ! 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD ! Empty Re: Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD !

Post by kimbo Tue May 12, 2015 6:29 pm

Sherwood has been watching him a lot though.
kimbo
kimbo

Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD ! 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD ! Empty Re: Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD !

Post by smetro Tue May 12, 2015 8:43 pm

kimbo wrote:Sherwood has been watching him a lot though.

The reports seem to be gathering pace - personally I think a couple of full backs, CB and another striker would be on TS shopping list
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue May 12, 2015 9:37 pm

Having read a few different things about him, I'd say if Luongo signs, he is more likely to be in the Westwood/Sanchez role than the Cleverley/Delph roles.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Tue May 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Correct.

I know absolutely fuck all about this lad. Except that he's not the same type of player as Cleverley.
Sherwood being there adds a lot of credence to this rumour I suppose.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Wed May 13, 2015 3:27 am

This lad has massive potential. He scored a goal for Australia to win the Asian Cup. Maybe sign him on slightly more money than Swindon give him. Who knows...Tim might see him in a different position.
WendyOz
WendyOz

Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD ! 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed May 13, 2015 9:26 am

It seems many of us Aussies think he has huge potential. Player of the tournament in the Asia Cup, I think I read?

Opinion tends to be that he's either going to be absolutely brilliant or will fail to come up to the pace of the premier league. Either way, I think the money he'll cost will make it a fairly low gamble.

Just for clarity, I've not seen the lad play at all and hadn't heard of him until a few months back when he was being discussed on the Villa Fans Australia page on Facebook. So my opinion carries no weight at all.....like every other opinion I have. :)
Trotters
Trotters

Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD ! 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed May 13, 2015 9:51 am

He ain't in the Westy molde. He plays as a CAM
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD ! 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed May 13, 2015 9:51 am

If Gardner is coming back, not sure we need him
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD ! 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed May 13, 2015 10:47 am

HarryAVFC wrote:He ain't in the Westy molde. He plays as a CAM
Fairy Nuff. I'm just going off the Brum Mail and a couple of other things (eg Transfermarkt) that say he's best as a deep-lying midfielder.

Last edited by kimbo on Wed May 13, 2015 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed May 13, 2015 10:52 am

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed May 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Trotters wrote:

His youtube clip is almost as good as Tonevs !!!!
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue May 26, 2015 11:56 am

Looks like a joint bid for him and Ben Gladwin has been lodged!

Interesting that Spurs have a 50% sell on clause attached to Luongo....Wonder if Tom Fox has suggested perhaps, that a £3.75m joint bid could be written as say £3.5m for Gladwin and say £250k for Luongo?...hence saving Swindon losing around £1.5m???

Just a thought!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Player Linked: Massimo Luongo [Swindon] DEAD ! 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue May 26, 2015 12:50 pm

Cracking player and one of the 3 players i highlighted during the asian cup that i'd like to see Villa go for (the other 2 were Leckie and Omar Abdulrahman).

I went to a couple of games and he has heaps of potential and really stood out in that tournament.

take a look at his goal in the final to see a glimpse of his potential. https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2g2bbr

Similar type of player to Delph and Cleverley so would be good back up initially and hopefully someone to push them for their place before too long.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue May 26, 2015 2:06 pm

Aussievillan wrote:Cracking player and one of the 3 players i highlighted during the asian cup that i'd like to see Villa go for (the other 2 were Leckie and Omar Abdulrahman).

I went to a couple of games and he has heaps of potential and really stood out in that tournament.

take a look at his goal in the final to see a glimpse of his potential. https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2g2bbr

Similar type of player to Delph and Cleverley so would be good back up initially and hopefully someone to push them for their place before too long.

I guess if we do complete this signing (signings), then Sherwood has seen enough of Gary Gardner to suggest he won't be part of his future. Same age, same position...Luonogo has 12 full international caps!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed May 27, 2015 10:42 am

BBC Wiltshire Sport
‏@BBCWiltsSport
Breaking news: BBC Wiltshire understands Swindon Town midfielders Ben Gladwin and Massimo Luongo are set to sign for Queen's Park Rangers.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed May 27, 2015 10:47 am

If they sign for QPR, it says to me they're scared of not being able to cut it in the top flight and have taken the easy option. Fuck them both.

However, if they do sign for Villa, it doesn't mean Gardner is out. It means that we have competition for midfield at last. It means we might have some game changers on the bench.

Brilliant.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Wed May 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Or maybe Randy Lerner got what he wanted this morning and a sale is in on the horizon we could have withdrawn from the deal
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed May 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Trotters wrote:If they sign for QPR, it says to me they're scared of not being able to cut it in the top flight and have taken the easy option. Fuck them both.  

However, if they do sign for Villa, it doesn't mean Gardner is out. It means that we have competition for midfield at last. It means we might have some game changers on the bench.

Brilliant.

I doubt we ever wanted them to the extent QPR did - they have probably put a firm contract offer on the table - where as we were\are keeping an eye on those players.

Midfield IMO is our strongest area - Cleverley, Grealish, Delph would get in most PL sides - the others Westwood, Richardson, Bacuna, Gardner, Nzog whilst not world beaters can all slot in and do a job for us.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Wed May 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Don't know where this "our midfield is OK" comes from I think some quality additions could be useful, yes there are other parts of the team that need help too so lets go for it.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed May 27, 2015 6:19 pm

Saunders82 wrote:Don't know where this "our midfield is OK" comes from I think some quality additions could be useful, yes there are other parts of the team that need help too so lets go for it.

I said its our strongest area !!!!
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed May 27, 2015 7:45 pm

smetro wrote:
Trotters wrote:If they sign for QPR, it says to me they're scared of not being able to cut it in the top flight and have taken the easy option. Fuck them both.  

Brilliant.

I doubt we ever wanted them to the extent QPR did - they have probably put a firm contract offer on the table - where as we were\are keeping an eye on those players.

Midfield IMO is our strongest area - Cleverley, Grealish, Delph would get in most PL sides - the others Westwood, Richardson, Bacuna, Gardner, Nzog whilst not world beaters can all slot in and do a job for us.
Sherwood spent an awful lot of time at Swindon games if he wasn't *that* interested. Seems like time wasted then. Oh well!
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu May 28, 2015 3:29 pm

Done Deal for QPR !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu May 28, 2015 3:51 pm

Maybe Sherwood's budgets and targets have changed?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu May 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Maybe Sherwood's budgets and targets have changed?

I just never got a feeling this was going to happen.
Really think defence will be where 'most' money will be spent.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum