The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+96
rosco77
bruka
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
UrmstonVilla
Andyh
fastbackace
The Utterer
Gordonsleftboot
Thinman
River
LukeWilliamsOBE
Davidvilla73
prmort
Dions_Bald_Head
Thabucks
aberdarevilla
jeffvilla
Withes Sweatbands
snitum
thinlizzy
DelboyVilla
KMitch
VillaBill
snakevilla
Mr_Spadge
ROTTERDAM1982
Peter
Kakacroom
B62 Villa
Billy Walker
aboclaretandblue
brummieboy
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
Villas Trudge
Wriggle
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
edwarfa1
avfc85
vbm
Chrissylee1111
Trysullvilla
andrew24561
gdav
AntJac
Sky
jvilla
worcesterkev
Born Under The Holte End
DN1982
Mikethevillan
GhostDad
StringGhost
LVBrit
Fpuppys
danclare82
ember
bazzah
Cha Ching
banneruk
keithj
Olofsbeard
Poseidon
tbarrules
TED
deadbuzzardalive
1Elliot
mark_draper
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Jamie Gray
Keyser Soze
South London Villan
thegaffer6
TheTechniqueSMC
Dansvilla75
Villa_Dan
Wookster
Trotters
Rawlie
clarryblue
lukevilla
AVFClee
kimbo
DaveAV1
Morgan Villa
ViewFromT2
Suits
viva_la_amo
Villa jimmy
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
smetro
100 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:36 pm

thinlizzy wrote:Would it be possible that the new owners are playing cute and wont announce themselves until transfer window closes so that they can build a squad of players on the cheap because if some billionaire or trillionaire is unveiled as new owner at present it would mean that clubs would look for higher fees from Villa because they might think the new owners are flush
e

I don't see how they'd be allowed too? If someone buys us it has to be ratified by the FA and EPL so would then be announced. They'd be on dodgy ground if they were secretly funding spending over the summer to then reveal themselves after the window closes. I just can't see it. A it Would be breaking some rule, somewhere and B once we're sold I think it will be impossible to keep it quiet. It's a nice thought and one a few have had, but I don't see it being something realistic.

Once contracts are signed, how long realistically do you see it before it's announced after this? I can't see it being any longer than a few days at most. What does everyone else think? Done deal, how long before public knowledge? Day? Few days? Week? Longer? (This is based on a point in time where a deal is done, not until it gets done and announced, in case I've not made a lot of sense, which is likely ha)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by UrmstonVilla Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:53 pm

thinlizzy wrote:Would it be possible that the new owners are playing cute and wont announce themselves until transfer window closes so that they can build a squad of players on the cheap because if some billionaire or trillionaire is unveiled as new owner at present it would mean that clubs would look for higher fees from Villa because they might think the new owners are flush

Ive said before, Do people think that this would really work? Thats a genuine question.

In my view it wont. It's not like the takeover is some big secret (other than who they are and what they are worth), and if we suddenly start putting in offers for players that cost above anything we have in the past few seasons its a clear signal that something has changed, whether there is an announcement or not. Either Lerner, who is still worth a fair amount, is reinvesting (so the price will go up), or we have new owners (so the price will go up).

The only way that I can believe that anything like this tactic would work in stifling transfer fees is if Lerner sold the club without it ever being known publically that it was for sale.

Also, I would also think that most chairmen at PL clubs probably move in circles where they already know who is in the frame to buy the club.
UrmstonVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Another 4 weeks until new owners, wouldn't leave much time to build a new squad. Also by then, most out targets will be gone
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:17 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Another 4 weeks until new owners, wouldn't leave much time to build a new squad. Also by then, most out targets will be gone

The window is officially open on July 1st it closes Sept 1st that's a whole 9 and half weeks to sought out transfers before the window closes! Now whether they are involved in pre-season training is a different matter but IF we have a serious billionaire takeover from China who want's to buy a few top class signings I don't think TS would mind in the slightest if they were of that ilk and weren't signed while in pre-season.

Honestly stop worrying and being melodramatic over the timing of this takeover! we have waited years for this day to come and now that its almost upon us people should just be greatful its taking place not moaning about time for transfers when were obviously signing players irregardless at the moment.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:26 pm

"Most of our targets will be gone" is just plain moronic. Sorry but it is

How many deals get done in the final week of the window?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:30 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:"Most of our targets will be gone" is just plain moronic. Sorry but it is

How many deals get done in the final week of the window?

Amen this comment officially wins the internet Very Happy
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:44 pm

As soon as agents get wind of it, it won't be secret anymore.
The type of players we as fans would want would need convicing that the club had the right intentions in terms of other signings, playing tome, salaries etc. The discussion would soon come round to money and the agent network will all be looking at their %ge, no longer a secret.

So I suspect we are still in the Vimbo of pre sale, TS and TF are playing the only hand they have at the moment which is convincing Randy to let them get who they want.

Randy has been generous at times, ie Bent, so I suspect he may allow one marquee signing during vimbo, possibly Townsend now Trippier has gone to Spuds.
South London Villan
South London Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:50 pm

WHAT!! no posts in 4hrs. sure sign something is going to happen soon. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1015550615
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:45 pm

Fpuppys wrote:WHAT!! no posts in 4hrs. sure sign something is going to happen soon.  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1015550615
AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 498107619
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:47 am

AVFClee wrote:
Fpuppys wrote:WHAT!! no posts in 4hrs. sure sign something is going to happen soon.  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1015550615
AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 498107619

The rumor mill appears to have shut down, its the end of the world
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:06 am

Maybe the signings that are being made are being paid for from Randy's alleged £30m transfer kitty 'parting gift'?
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:13 am

I don't believe there is a parting gift, the signings are being made on the back of the transfer fees received for the likes of AW, DB, ML etc and their wages being freed up. We need a massive overhaul with 8-10 players exiting and 6-8 coming in, and they need to be of such a quality they go straight into the starting 11. Just to hit mid table of 10/11/12 place we need to spend around £60m maybe more such is the state of this extremely poor squad, and then continue to build the following window/season to progress higher. RL certainly won't spend that, so we pin our hopes on a multi billionaire/group that will as they see it as a necessity and a stepping stone to taking us forwards and away from our permanent fixture as relegation fodder, as yet again we are as low as 3/1 for the drop with some bookies. My worry is the longer this alleged takeover drags on the more it will effect the summer rebuild, God forbid it falls through or doesn't happen as I fear we may not survive another relegation dogfight. It all seems to have gone extremely quiet on the takeover front, I hope this is the quiet before the storm, although being a jaded villa fan I have a horrible niggling feeling it's all gonna go Pete Tong
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:27 am

I feel the frustrations as well chaps, it really is just a case of hoping and waiting which involves patience and i am terrible with patience, let's get it on Randy (that sounds so wrong) AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1815562058 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1815562058 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1815562058 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1815562058 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1815562058 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1815562058 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1815562058
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:13 am

Don't panic guys. We have already been told 'done deal' and 'signed, sealed, delivered' by the itks on here. No need to worry there are at least three guys on here that personally know the new buyer?

Then again. Maybe it's all BS? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 50815218 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 50815218 :?:

🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:24 am

DelboyVilla wrote:Don't panic guys. We have already been told 'done deal' and 'signed, sealed, delivered' by the itks on here. No need to worry there are at least three guys on here that personally know the new buyer?

Then again. Maybe it's all BS? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 50815218 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 50815218 :?:

🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

Just remember it's not the SITE saying this. Different posters have said what they know/think. Nothing to do with the moderators and admin on here though!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dansvilla75 Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:24 am

This is all good, it means the necessary non disclosure agreements are working and in this case no news really is good news. I think people have done the speculation to death, we know there are three potential bidders and one has been granted exclusivity, there have been no denials that this is the case from the club, you would assume if it wasn't happening that the club would have been quick to shoot this report dead in the water for fear of putting off potential suitors. I think the fact that one group is given exclusivity suggests they have met the level of the bar that Randy has set. The good thing about exclusivity is it gives the buyer time to look over the books without fear of being gazumped and it gives Randy time to weigh up the buyer and ensure they are right for the club. The mere fact they have got exclusivity for me confirms there is more than one bidder and this bidder has sort and been granted protection. My own feelings are that news will break at the end of the month that the takeover has run its conclusion and the prospective buyer who was keen enough to make an approach will be our new owner/s. The reason for non disclosure I reckon is because the prospective buyers obviously have fingers in other pies, other business interests so to speak and making this deal public could be detrimental to their businesses especially if something does go wrong. I believe this probably gives us the clearest indication yet that this group or individual is massive but we will have to be patient.
Dansvilla75
Dansvilla75

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:28 am

Synopsis wrote:Maybe the signings that are being made are being paid for from Randy's alleged £30m transfer kitty 'parting gift'?

A "parting gift" is absolute bollocks and proves certain people can't even make up sensible stuff. He wouldn't spend when we were at risk of relegation and his sale was up the swanny, so why on earth would he now effectively knock 30m off the asking price? This is the guy that has had a strict austerity policy over the last 4 years nearly costing us our place in the EPL. No chance on earth he is leaving parting gift. Complete tosh and not even imaginative when it comes to making stuff up haha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:32 am

GadgetMan wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Maybe the signings that are being made are being paid for from Randy's alleged £30m transfer kitty 'parting gift'?

A "parting gift" is absolute bollocks and proves certain people can't even make up sensible stuff. He wouldn't spend when we were at risk of relegation and his sale was up the swanny, so why on earth would he now effectively knock 30m off the asking price? This is the guy that has had a strict austerity policy over the last 4 years nearly costing us our place in the EPL. No chance on earth he is leaving parting gift. Complete tosh and not even imaginative when it comes to making stuff up haha!!

Amen to everything you just said GM!

I swear some people have to be absolute tools to be making that stuff up.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:32 am

GadgetMan wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:Don't panic guys. We have already been told 'done deal' and 'signed, sealed, delivered' by the itks on here. No need to worry there are at least three guys on here that personally know the new buyer?

🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

Just remember it's not the SITE saying this. Different posters have said what they know/think. Nothing to do with the moderators and admin on here though!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3769219917

I know GM, I think I made it clear that these are individuals opinions but thanks for reminding us all. Very Happy afro afro afro
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:36 am

🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡
You should read the thread more carefully Delboy. No one has claimed to know the buyer, they've just passed on info from people they know and generally trust. We don't know for sure that anything's happening, but the weight of speculation by fairly respected journalists such as Percy and Law, and the lack of a denial by Fox about a Period of Exclusivity persuades me that a takeover will happen sooner rather than later.

We've had a bit of excitement and a lot of enjoyment speculating on these rumours, and I suppose we have to expect the odd comment like your post. This place helps to pass the time while we are waiting for an announcement or further signings, and as it's probably 90% positive it's not a bad place to exchange and examine the regular daily gossip and rumour about the club we all love. UP THE VILLA! Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:42 am

The only "parting gift " Randy will give us is to hopefully pass on the club to a more interested owner ready to send the club forward again after 4 years of going backwards.
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by bakerbob Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:45 am

Any one else noticed that Howard Hodgson has gone very quite since this non disclosure phase of the takeover is taking place, he was talking to a group of investors early on in the Villa sale process.

Just saying 2 and 2 could make 5
bakerbob

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:47 am

Born Under The Holte End wrote:The only "parting gift " Randy will give us is to hopefully pass on the club to a more interested owner ready to send the club forward again after 4  years of going backwards.
I think you've summed up our situation well. My wish for a 'minted' owner is probably much less likely than our chances of getting an interested owner. After the previous four seasons I'll settle for that.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:49 am

bakerbob wrote:Any one else noticed that Howard Hodgson has gone very quite since this non disclosure phase of the takeover is taking place, he was talking to a group of investors early on in the Villa sale process.

Just saying 2 and 2 could make 5
The only thing that would keep HH quiet is an NDA! Is that what you're saying? Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:50 am

Keyser has claimed that at least three members know who the buyer is and is assisting them with the purchase.

I'll say this for the record that I'm absolutely certain that there is at least ONE person who knows, who has the money and has gone through the purchasing process with the person (or persons) doing the negotiations and understands the non disclosure arrangements.....and is regularly using his purchase to see dragons, purple elephants and takeover mediators.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next