The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

+36
UnclePanda
Dgrizzle7
Fpuppys
Dions_Bald_Head
GadgetMan
WendyOz
Mr_Spadge
Morpheus
bruka
NARLA24
AntJac
Thinman
HarryAVFC
thegaffer6
jeffvilla
RhodyVillan
Cha Ching
ViewFromT2
tbarrules
Aesorian
A.V.F.C
South London Villan
FoxyAV
Trotters
Olofsbeard
villabromsgrove
mefromhere
avfc85
ejs1111
Mazrim
kimbo
The Utterer
VillaBill
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
smetro
40 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 4 Empty Re: Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

Post by HarryAVFC Sat May 30, 2015 10:41 pm

Sherwood has said to many players are use to losing and he's told them to find a new club

I'd sell/ sack most of the players. Both our keepers, all our full backs, Vlaar and Baker can go. Westwood, Sanchez, gabby, Wiemann. Id hope to see at least 11 players go.

I want Benteke, Delph, Clev and Grealish to stay. That's about it
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 4 Empty Re: Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

Post by RhodyVillan Sat May 30, 2015 10:52 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Take a long walk off a short pier.
Have a B side, mate? All you do is stalk my posts...even from your reply to my first post here, all you've done is make it about me, rather than my views on this shambles of a manager. If you'd actually take time to offer a counterpoint, perhaps you'd be more interesting.
RhodyVillan

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat May 30, 2015 10:58 pm

Stalk your posts? Grow up. I could count then on 1 hand and every time I replied with a serious answer you disappeared.

What's your argument that TS got us safe with a week to spare and beat Everton, West Ham, Spurs and Liverpool? You're a child who rants and doesn't respond when people call you on it
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat May 30, 2015 11:07 pm

Benteke talking about "we" having to do better next season. I know it's something he has to say but it does give some indication he still sees himself at the club next year. Give him Weimanns wages if that's what he wants because somebody might as well have them who's capable of playing the game!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat May 30, 2015 11:10 pm

Benteke being linked with everyone tonight

I'd be happy for him if he went to Manu u or Chelsea but not Liverpool

The mirror saying we have little funds this summer to if they know something
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sat May 30, 2015 11:11 pm

I think that Benteke is instrumental to next seasons success. That is we should cash him in now and use the cash to rebuild.

Mind you on today's performance he's probably lost £10m in value.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 30, 2015 11:42 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Sherwood has said to many players are use to losing and he's told them to find a new club

I'd sell/ sack most of the players. Both our keepers, all our full backs, Vlaar and Baker can go. Westwood, Sanchez, gabby, Wiemann. Id hope to see at least 11 players go.

Lot of international and experienced players there - why all of a sudden are they not good enough ? - and what kind of funds do you think TS has to replace those 11 players ? - If TS can assemble a better squad at an average of £2m per player - I take my hat to him - be careful what you wish for.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun May 31, 2015 12:14 am

smetro wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:Sherwood has said to many players are use to losing and he's told them to find a new club

Lot of international and experienced players there - why all of a sudden are they not good enough ? - and what kind of funds do you think TS has to replace those 11 players ? - If TS can assemble a better squad at an average of £2m per player - I take my hat to him - be careful what you wish for.

I agree assembling an entire squad with the funds the Lerner has been giving out of the last few years would be virtually impossible, if you look at our squad we have a few very good players unfortunately, the average one's outweigh these massively, as you can see Sherwood has a massive job on transforming our futures but he needs investment which he isn't going to get under Lerner, we need a change, unless Tom Fox can pull something out of the hat with sponsor deals added income etc.

Guzan - where would he be if we hadn't of resigned him, I can guarantee he wouldn't of been signing for a top 10 Premiership club.
Given - although he hasnt done much wrong apart from the entire team being a shambles at Southampton, he is 39.
Bacuna - he has shown glimpses of quality but no one seems to trust him in attack and he is no RB.
Okore - young still learning
Clark - started to look good before injury
Baker - average
Vlaar - injury prone
Richardson - average
Hutton - average
Lowton - average
Senderos - average
Cissokho - average
Tom Cleverley - not our player
Joe Cole - past it
Fabian Delph - v good player
Sanchez - has potential to come good
Gil - not seen enough
Westwood - average
N'Zogbia - doesnt do enough
Jack Grealish - has potential to come good for us
Scott Sinclair - has potential to come good for us
Weimann - average
Gabby - he is only going one way poorer each season.
Benteke - v good player
Kozak - come play a part

avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun May 31, 2015 12:20 am

avfc85 wrote:
smetro wrote:

I agree assembling an entire squad with the funds the Lerner has been giving out of the last few years would be virtually impossible, if you look at our squad we have a few very good players unfortunately, the average one's outweigh these massively, as you can see Sherwood has a massive  job on transforming our futures but he needs investment which he isn't going to get under Lerner, we need a change, unless Tom Fox can pull something out of the hat with sponsor deals added income etc.

Guzan - where would he be if we hadn't of resigned him, I can guarantee he wouldn't of been signing for a top 10 Premiership club.
Given - although he hasnt done much wrong apart from the entire team being a shambles at Southampton, he is 39.
Bacuna - he has shown glimpses of quality but no one seems to trust him in attack and he is no RB.
Okore - young still learning
Clark - started to look good before injury
Baker - average
Vlaar - injury prone
Richardson - average
Hutton - average
Lowton - average
Senderos - average
Cissokho - average
Tom Cleverley - not our player
Joe Cole - past it
Fabian Delph - v good player
Sanchez - has potential to come good
Gil - not seen enough
Westwood - average
N'Zogbia - doesnt do enough
Jack Grealish - has potential to come good for us
Scott Sinclair - has potential to come good for us
Weimann - average
Gabby - he is only going one way poorer each season.
Benteke - v good player
Kozak - come play a part

Lets be honest we are only aiming for mid table - so IMO a lot of those average players could still do a job for us. Today we looked to have no shape, no gameplan, and players couldn't even seem to concentrate. - The answer to many of those issues isn't the transfer market - its the training ground. I fear an Influx of TS signings will be disastrous for us - we are not addressing the fudemental problems...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun May 31, 2015 1:07 am

As Sherwood says, there has been to many players involved in a relegation scrap for the last few with us. Guzan, Vlaar, Lowton, Westwood, Bacuna, gabby, Wiemann, baker have all played a fair bit in the last 2/3 seasons, and they have been dire seasons. They should all go apart from Westy maybe. Last summers additions, Sender, Richardson, Cole, sissy, there all useless.

The only positives this season and last few seasons have been Benteke, Delph, Clev, Grealish, Clark and lately Clev

Sherwood has said we need to build a new team. As for the money, if Randy starts, nothing will change. If he goes, then hopefully the new owners have plenty of ££££££££

Will be a huge few weeks for us
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sun May 31, 2015 2:34 am

We need some serious investment otherwise next year we'll be the first team down the plug hole
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 31, 2015 2:40 am

It's certainly an interesting position to take that the players have been suffering a siege mentality for too long and have the losing habit.

Cleverely in particular disappointed me as he's been the complete opposite of the player he was under Lambert. Benteke was just a joke. Anyone who doesn't get the opportunity to see the Villa week in week out and was tuning in to see what he was all about would be very very confused. Vlaar just looks lost all the time. The full backs are very very average (I love Bacuna as he seems to have the attitude but he's not talented enough). NZog is either very on or very very off. Most of the time it's the latter.

Weimann and Gabby are well past it now. Weimann was never a top flight footballer.

It's funny though, that a couple of weeks back I was saying we have a fantastic spine to the team but they've proved that they are, in fact, spineless.

If we get a good offer for Benteke then get rid. I'd keep Grealish and Delph. Okore and Clark. I don't know about Cleverley. Is he just another N'Zog?
Trotters
Trotters

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun May 31, 2015 9:40 am

I am no longer concerned who goes from our current squad , we have been useless too long !

Benteke £32.5m ? Snap their hands off !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun May 31, 2015 9:58 am

VillaBill wrote:I am no longer concerned who goes from our current squad , we have been useless too long !

Bill, let's not make too many snap decisions based on yesterday. Benteke had nothing to work with yesterday, nothing at all. Aston Villa had their trousers pulled down yesterday by a manager and team that tactically outdone us, and they had far better players to do it. Had Benteke been the focal point of that Arsenal team yesterday he would have had a hat-trick.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun May 31, 2015 10:02 am

Just scoring the web - a fans claims to have bumped into TS after the game - the convo went something like this

Fan "Thanks Tim hope Randy gives you some money to spend"

TS "Oh he Will - you can be sure of that"

????
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun May 31, 2015 10:08 am

Dazzle wrote:
VillaBill wrote:I am no longer concerned who goes from our current squad , we have been useless too long !

Bill, let's not make too many snap decisions based on yesterday. Benteke had nothing to work with yesterday, nothing at all. Aston Villa had their trousers pulled down yesterday by a manager and team that tactically outdone us, and they had far better players to do it. Had Benteke been the focal point of that Arsenal team yesterday he would have had a hat-trick.

I understand Arsenal were far better than us and fully deserved their win, but we need a mass cull to start again, it isn't just about yesterday , we have been rotten for years !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun May 31, 2015 10:11 am

VillaBill wrote:
Dazzle wrote:

I understand Arsenal were far better than us and fully deserved their win, but we need a mass cull to start again, it isn't just about yesterday , we have been rotten for years !  

I completely agree that numerous players need to leave with proper investment on new arrivals, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water! Benteke is as good as our club can get at this moment in time, there would be no replacement that comes with the guarantee of a goal every two games ratio. Scarf Waving
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun May 31, 2015 10:55 am

Players that are likely on Sherwoods exit list, certainly on mine; Given, Hutton, Senderos, Cole, Nzogbia, Weimann, Kozak. Depending on incomers you could easily add Lowton, Guzan, Cissokho, and Robinson to that list. Based on his injury record and last few games i wouldn't be too bothered to see Vlaar leave either.
Our main assets are clearly Benteke, Delph, Clark & Grealish. After them we have Okore, Gabby, Cleverley, & Sinclair. Next level are the likes of Baker, Bacuna, Sanchez, & Westwood. Those players aside, I don't think anyone else is remotely good enough to be at the club next season if we want to avoid a relegation scrap again. That means we have a LOT of additions to bring in, a LOT of money will be required. Two new FBs, at least one good GK, at least another good CB, two Forwards, at least two Midfield. That's basically about 8 new players to come in that are good enough to compete well in the premier league. I've mentioned before that around £40m would be required in the summer, I think I'm wrong. More like £70-80m is required to give this club a chance to compete in the top half of the table.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun May 31, 2015 12:45 pm

I think we need to add several good experienced players. My worry is that we'll try to do the job with young prospects who may or may not be able to hack it in the Premier League. Again!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun May 31, 2015 12:52 pm

Dazzle wrote:Players that are likely on Sherwoods exit list, certainly on mine; Given, Hutton, Senderos, Cole, Nzogbia, Weimann, Kozak. Depending on incomers you could easily add Lowton, Guzan, Cissokho, and Robinson to that list. Based on his injury record and last few games i wouldn't be too bothered to see Vlaar leave either.
Our main assets are clearly Benteke, Delph, Clark & Grealish. After them we have Okore, Gabby, Cleverley, & Sinclair. Next level are the likes of Baker, Bacuna, Sanchez, & Westwood. Those players aside, I don't think anyone else is remotely good enough to be at the club next season if we want to avoid a relegation scrap again. That means we have a LOT of additions to bring in, a LOT of money will be required. Two new FBs, at least one good GK, at least another good CB, two Forwards, at least two Midfield. That's basically about 8 new players to come in that are good enough to compete well in the premier league. I've mentioned before that around £40m would be required in the summer, I think I'm wrong. More like £70-80m is required to give this club a chance to compete in the top half of the table.

Depends what you mean by 'good enough' - The best we can hope for is mid table then to Guzan, Hutton, Cissokho, Kozak, Vlaar are good enough. Replacing them with Tim Sherwoods £3m starlets will IMO acheive very little and in all probability make things worse. He's pulling the Houllier trick remember 'changing the ethos ?' - Now we have 'Winning mentality' as the batlle cry - both were trying to cover there short comings.....they couldn't coach what we had.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Sun May 31, 2015 3:10 pm

So we're being linked with this pair from Hull. Underwhelmed covers it for me.
http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/31/aston-villa-plot-transfer-raid-on-hull-for-james-chester-and-dame-ndoye-5222891/
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun May 31, 2015 3:26 pm

Cha Ching wrote:So we're being linked with this pair from Hull. Underwhelmed covers it for me.
http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/31/aston-villa-plot-transfer-raid-on-hull-for-james-chester-and-dame-ndoye-5222891/

The problem is as our club stands where can we go? unless FFP rules are completely relaxed and we have a massive takeover what sort of players do you expect us to attract? The only way to improve is to either bring in good players from our academy and scout around and bring in players than can move from good to become better in the Premiership - ie Swansea/Southampton etc
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun May 31, 2015 6:07 pm

Cha Ching wrote:So we're being linked with this pair from Hull. Underwhelmed covers it for me.

Vlaar and Benteke out and those to in - the premier league must be quaking in its boots..... perhaps they have got the 'winning mentality' though it didn't help hull...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sun May 31, 2015 8:13 pm

Dazzle wrote:Players that are likely on Sherwoods exit list, certainly on mine; Given, Hutton, Senderos, Cole, Nzogbia, Weimann, Kozak. Depending on incomers you could easily add Lowton, Guzan, Cissokho, and Robinson to that list. Based on his injury record and last few games i wouldn't be too bothered to see Vlaar leave either.

So Gabby is on a par with Sinclair and ahead of Sánchez and Westwood.... and Gil is not remotely good enough to be at the club?.......lol, ok!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun May 31, 2015 9:29 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:

So Gabby is on a par with Sinclair and ahead of Sánchez and Westwood.... and Gil is not remotely good enough to be at the club?.......lol, ok!!

I'd like to see a small nucleus of homegrown villa boys as the backbone of an improved villa squad. Surely it can't have passed you by that when gabby came on yesterday he showed a certain desire, a commitment? I'm not saying saying he's a world beater, but then neither were Gary or Phil Neville at Man Utd. But what they gave the club were identity, commitment, and desire. And. If you read what I had written above there is no mention of Gil leaving. You need to stop looking for disagreements fella!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next