The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

+36
UnclePanda
Dgrizzle7
Fpuppys
Dions_Bald_Head
GadgetMan
WendyOz
Mr_Spadge
Morpheus
bruka
NARLA24
AntJac
Thinman
HarryAVFC
thegaffer6
jeffvilla
RhodyVillan
Cha Ching
ViewFromT2
tbarrules
Aesorian
A.V.F.C
South London Villan
FoxyAV
Trotters
Olofsbeard
villabromsgrove
mefromhere
avfc85
ejs1111
Mazrim
kimbo
The Utterer
VillaBill
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
smetro
40 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 6 Empty Re: Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:55 am

FoxyAV wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:GG has everything it takes to be a very good footballer, the only thing he's lacked in my opinion is that extra trimmed down condition that super fitness brings.

Have a look at the picture a few lines down on Gardner's Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/22gards

I too hope Sherwood works his magic on Gardner and bizarrely I'm feeling more confident for next season that I have for some time.
I saw that last night and he's ripped (wow. a bit of man love here Very Happy) I take it back about his conditioning, his loan spells last season appear to have done the trick. Grealish looks as fit as a whippet!
villabromsgrove

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 6 Empty Re: Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

Post by Morpheus Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:04 am

Gardner is for me championship quality at best so we need much better if we are to improve from last season.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:06 am

Morpheus wrote:Gardner is for me championship quality at best so we need much better if we are to improve from last season.

Agree - not proven or even disproven at prem level. Be very risky to rely on him for next season....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:42 am

smetro wrote:
Morpheus wrote:Gardner is for me championship quality at best so we need much better if we are to improve from last season.

Agree - not proven or even disproven at prem level. Be very risky to rely on him for next season....
Well, no, you're not agreeing, are you?  :)

Morph has dismissed him as not good enough (which is Morph's right, so I'm not having a go), where as you (correctly in my opinion) state that he's not proven or dis-proven in the Prem. As I have stated before, I don't go with people feeling so strongly about him one way or the other when in terms of actual Premiership life, he's no further along than Grealish. He may be a bit older, but he lost two years of his footballing life - which is partly why some people are dismissing him, and while I don't agree with it, I understand it.

It would be risky to 'rely' on him but surely it's risky to 'rely' on one player for anything. Sherwood will either deem him as good enough to take a chance on as part of the squad or not. But if Sherwood doesn't sign enough players in that area that we are 'relying' on Gary Gardner, then he's probably got no business being our fucking manager! To my mind we probably already needed to be looking at one more in that area with Gardner being promoted AND Cleverley staying. I just think we look really weak in that area.

Plus GG had his best run of form to date playing as a DM at Forest, and if that is where he ends up with us, then surely he's competing with Sanchez and Westwood?

Of course that would mean that Delph really is lacking in partners!  Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 6 1662365926
kimbo
kimbo

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:59 am

I was GG's #1 fan for many years but we can't rely on him - unproven and injury prone.

If he stays fit then he should play in the cup games this season to see where he's at in terms of stepping up, if all looks good then into the 1st team he goes
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Darren Bent (and Enda Stevens) officially released.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:39 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:GG has everything it takes to be a very good footballer, the only thing he's lacked in my opinion is that extra trimmed down condition that super fitness brings.

Have a look at the picture a few lines down on Gardner's Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/22gards

I too hope Sherwood works his magic on Gardner and bizarrely I'm feeling more confident for next season that I have for some time.

Is the brunette Jimbop's niece?
Can we get the NYC restaurant guy to pop on a bikini and go find out some info about the takeover?
Trotters
Trotters

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:23 pm

kimbo wrote:
smetro wrote:

Morph has dismissed him as not good enough (which is Morph's right, so I'm not having a go), where as you (correctly in my opinion) state that he's not proven or dis-proven in the Prem. As I have stated before, I don't go with people feeling so strongly about him one way or the other when in terms of actual Premiership life, he's no further along than Grealish. He may be a bit older, but he lost two years of his footballing life - which is partly why some people are dismissing him, and while I don't agree with it, I understand it.

It would be risky to 'rely' on him but surely it's risky to 'rely' on one player for anything. Sherwood will either deem him as good enough to take a chance on as part of the squad or not. But if Sherwood doesn't sign enough players in that area that we are 'relying' on Gary Gardner, then he's probably got no business being our fucking manager! To my mind we probably already needed to be looking at one more in that area with Gardner being promoted AND Cleverley staying. I just think we look really weak in that area.

Plus GG had his best run of form to date playing as a DM at Forest, and if that is where he ends up with us, then surely he's competing with Sanchez and Westwood?

Of course that would mean that Delph really is lacking in partners!  Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 6 1662365926

I worded it very badly. What I meant was you could argue he is 'disproven' at PL league Level. - IE in any of the games he has never shown anything to remotley suggest he can cut it at PL level. Its most unusaul for a youngster to do that, even the lies of Bannan, Albrighton, Luje Moore , showed what they could do - but not a regular enough basis. Ive never seen anything from GG
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:54 pm

smetro wrote:
kimbo wrote:
smetro wrote:

I worded it very badly. What I meant was you could argue he is 'disproven' at PL league Level.  - IE in any of the games he has never shown anything to remotley suggest he can cut it at PL level. Its most unusaul for a youngster to do that, even the lies of Bannan, Albrighton, Luje Moore , showed what they could do - but not a regular enough basis. Ive never seen anything from GG
Fair enough. I massively disagree, but each to their own.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:02 pm

I've not seen anything from GG in the Villa team that's made me feel anything but anti climactic. However, since then he's had time to regain complete fitness after a long string of injuries and, most importantly, got an extended run in competitive football....where he impressed everyone!

I suspect the GG we'll see next season will be a far cry from the one we've seen prior.

But, yes, he could be a complete bag o' shite as well.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:12 pm

As it looks like we will be sold, my shopping list has moved from Netto to Waitrose;

I'll take Benzema, Bale and Di Maria.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by AntJac Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:48 pm

Gotta love some of the moronic fans on Twitter slating Vlaar for not signing a new deal yet and/or speculating he wants to go elsewhere.

A few weeks ago he gave the impression he'd like to stay. Some fans have mind like sieves.
AntJac

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:34 am

avfc85 wrote:As it looks like we will be sold, my shopping list has moved from Netto to Waitrose;

I'll take Benzema, Bale and Di Maria.

Yes and YES and ....What?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:21 am

It's been reported that Vlaar has said that a move away from us would be a step up.

He has also been offered a new deal and hasn't signed it yet.

An injury prone centre back who's form has dipped alarmingly can fuck right off and go somewhere else if that's his attitude. We have better at the club in Baker, Clark and Okore.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:42 am

What becomes interesting is that we have a LARGE number of players who I'm happy with as 'squad' players for what we've become - a bottom half PL side trying to avoid relegation.

And then behind that, we still have a number of reminders of bad decision making, or gambles that didn't work - Luna, Helenius, Sylla, Herd? etc.

I think if the owners comes with mega-bucks to bank-roll us, we should do a proper clear out. If it's not mega-bucks, then I'm interested to see who else Sherwood can revitalise...

Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:11 pm

I hope Vlaar leaves quickly, I'm honestly not fussed - I was hoping this guy would grow a bond with the club in the mould of Mellberg, Laursen, Petrov etc but he just hasnt spent more time injured and having poor games goodbye!
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:23 pm

I'm honestly not fussed about Vlaar going. I don't want him to be a starter and I certainly wouldn't suggest throwing any kind of resources at trying to keep him.

He's injury prone and has one good game in six. A good solid older head but not much more.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:04 pm

Andre Ayew Joining Swansea It looks like.

This is The type of Signings I want us to Make hopefully after The takeover.

No more League one championship Rubbish who Are out of Depth.

It's Also a free transfer.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:06 pm

Facebook rumours of us announcing a signing tomorrow?? 99% sure it's rubbish but can anybody confirm/deny?
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:22 am

thegaffer6 wrote:Facebook rumours of us announcing a signing tomorrow?? 99% sure it's rubbish but can anybody confirm/deny?
I can't see how it's allowed with exclusivity going on, but I wouldn't pretend to know all the ins and outs of that situation

Plus, y'know... Facebook  Suspect
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:59 am

I've just been told by a Chelski fan that THEY might be getting Benteke and that Eden Hazard is very happy and he suggested the fee might be 20m. I told him it was rubbish due to the buy-out clause and said if it was true I hoped Chelski would bow out of Champions League at the first hurdle. If Costa doesn't go home to Spain I can see Benteke being on the bench a LOT.
WendyOz
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:21 am

WendyOz wrote:I've just been told by a Chelski fan that THEY might be getting Benteke and that  Eden Hazard is very happy and he suggested the fee might be 20m. I told him it was rubbish due to the buy-out clause and said if it was true I hoped Chelski would bow out of Champions League at the first hurdle. If Costa doesn't go home to Spain I can see Benteke being on the bench a LOT.
Even if there wasn't any buy out clause there's no way any club would be getting Benteke for 20m.

I also can't see Benteke being another Bony at City. That's why I feel if Costa stays at Chelsea then Benteke's most likely destination is either Liverpool or Arsenal.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Rumours of Charlie Austin having talks with Newcastle........bit annoying if he goes there....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:49 pm

Vlaar released by us according to Premier league lists that have been submitted by clubs. This doesn't surprise me and I'm glad in all honesty, he's a liabilty. So did we offer him a contract and he refused or did we not really try to keep him? I hope it's the latter!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:13 pm

If we're releasing a player this early of Vlaar's big game reputation then there must be al lot of confidence in replacing him.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next