The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

+36
UnclePanda
Dgrizzle7
Fpuppys
Dions_Bald_Head
GadgetMan
WendyOz
Mr_Spadge
Morpheus
bruka
NARLA24
AntJac
Thinman
HarryAVFC
thegaffer6
jeffvilla
RhodyVillan
Cha Ching
ViewFromT2
tbarrules
Aesorian
A.V.F.C
South London Villan
FoxyAV
Trotters
Olofsbeard
villabromsgrove
mefromhere
avfc85
ejs1111
Mazrim
kimbo
The Utterer
VillaBill
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
smetro
40 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 Empty Re: Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

Post by kimbo Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:47 pm

Yeah I'd go along with that. 7 players is a big summer but doable.

If we get new owners, Sherwood may not get chance to completely overhaul the squad but this job is probably 3/4 windows in the making, for players out as much as anything.
kimbo
kimbo

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 Empty Re: Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

Post by Jamie Gray Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:13 pm

kimbo wrote:Yeah I'd go along with that. 7 players is a big summer but doable.

If we get new owners, Sherwood may not get chance to completely overhaul the squad but this job is probably 3/4 windows in the making, for players out as much as anything.

I just hope fans give him some time, there's no immediate fix to our problems
Jamie Gray

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:42 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:

I think they will, he's frustrated me already at times but I'm not even close to turning on him. When you consider that even as he was sacked, some people were still defending Lambert... we have this rep for turning on people but the truth is that Alex McLeish was never going to get time unless he did something phenomenal, and Lambert is the worst manager in our entire history since that night under the lamp post in 1874 - that is statistical fact.

I don't think we're all that bad, or any worse than most clubs. I wanted MON gone towards the end because I think he'd done all he was capable of (a better manager would have got us in the CL in MON's 3rd season, I'm absolutely convinced of that) but I thought the new manager would get the same kind of budget. Man was I wrong!  :shock:

That's not a go at what you've said by the way dude, I've just seen lots of people seemingly ready for some big backlash at Tim if we don't start the new season flying, but I just don't see it going that way myself. Of course when there are protests over him in mid-September I'll delete this post 
Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 498107619
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:55 pm

kimbo wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:

I think they will, he's frustrated me already at times but I'm not even close to turning on him. When you consider that even as he was sacked, some people were still defending Lambert... we have this rep for turning on people but the truth is that Alex McLeish was never going to get time unless he did something phenomenal, and Lambert is the worst manager in our entire history since that night under the lamp post in 1874 - that is statistical fact.

I don't think we're all that bad, or any worse than most clubs. I wanted MON gone towards the end because I think he'd done all he was capable of (a better manager would have got us in the CL in MON's 3rd season, I'm absolutely convinced of that) but I thought the new manager would get the same kind of budget. Man was I wrong!  :shock:

That's not a go at what you've said by the way dude, I've just seen lots of people seemingly ready for some big backlash at Tim if we don't start the new season flying, but I just don't see it going that way myself. Of course when there are protests over him in mid-September I'll delete this post 

No I agree with all of that. I think some underestimate just what Tim inherited. Lots of folk on Twitter didn't think it was possible for him or anyone else to keep us up. It was a bit tighter than it should of been at the end, but job done. Can't possibly judge him overly negatively yet IMO, it's just not fair.
Great point about Ek, I said the same at the time. He had to perform miracles to have any chance, still a hugely bizarre decision to appoint him & equally bizarre that we stuck with Lambert so long & how he was defended until the very end by a few. Most managers who keep their job for that long have a period of at least relative success, but he never got going at all, just plenty of false dawns.
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:06 pm

ejs1111 wrote:I too agree with earlier posters.  As much as our squad needs an overhaul- its too much to accomplish in 1 window.  We will need to offload who we can and bring in better quality.
I have always been of the opinion that the MAX amount of quality/squad players into the first 25 is only 4-6 players.  Even that is alot- any more than that and you really run the risk of damaging the team chemistry.

CB  (Richards)
RB
LB
CM
Winger (Sinclair)
Striker

I see that as our targets IMO.
Scarf Waving

I agree with the above to be fair, you start bringing in to many players and you just end up doing more harm than good.
avfc85
avfc85

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:10 pm

kimbo wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:

Lambert never helped himself, when he got things right he changed it, when we had a good result he could never build on it, we would then get brought back down to earth with a bang, he was far too protective of players constantly failing for him and as with AM, very dull and uninspiring. Tim Sherwood is a different animal he will of told Fox what is needed and what needs to be done and if players are not doing they will be outed, as he has said many times the mentality is not great and it's not the effort with our player its just the sheer lack of quality. As other Villa fans have said Lambert just cost himself, instead using the limited resource to bring in 2 or 3 quality players, look at the academy to fill the squad up he brought in 5-6 players who were dross, only really Benteke has made a big impact.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:54 pm

Huddlestone rumour won't go away, if we do sign him then Sherwood has to get this guy fitter and more mobile, I watched a few hull games last season and he lumbers around not getting close enough to opposition players in a team like ours we can't have passengers, hopefully Sherwood will improve this.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:02 pm

avfc85 wrote:Huddlestone rumour won't go away, if we do sign him then Sherwood has to get this guy fitter and more mobile, I watched a few hull games last season and he lumbers around not getting close enough to opposition players in a team like ours we can't have passengers, hopefully Sherwood will improve this.

From what we've seen & heard from Tim so far I don't think he'd sign anyone who aren't capable of playing how he demands. TH was a quality prospect not that long ago, if Tim can get the best out of him then it's another astute signing. I don't like seeing players written off before they've even kicked a ball in the shirt though
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:18 pm

Would Huddlestone signing mean the end for one of Sanchez or Westwood? I want Gardner to have a good crack at the 1st team next year and personally think he could do the holding role easily with the added bonus of chipping in with goals.
I wonder if the actual cash signing are taken their time because of the takeover. We are being linked with a whole host of players but next I want a LB in as that's our weakest position by a long way.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:
avfc85 wrote:Huddlestone rumour won't go away, if we do sign him then Sherwood has to get this guy fitter and more mobile, I watched a few hull games last season and he lumbers around not getting close enough to opposition players in a team like ours we can't have passengers, hopefully Sherwood will improve this.

From what we've seen & heard from Tim so far I don't think he'd sign anyone who aren't capable of playing how he demands. TH was a quality prospect not that long ago, if Tim can get the best out of him then it's another astute signing. I don't like seeing players written off before they've even kicked a ball in the shirt though

I understand what you are saying, i'll give anyone a chance but I have strong reservations over this, the guy had huge potential years ago, he has been let go by Spurs to move to a smaller club in Hull City and now been relegated, he is 28 not 23, I'm just wary as I'm getting frustrated with wasted money and dud signings.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Weiman gone to Derby??
So long andi, every time I eat toblerone it will remind me of your ball control.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:51 pm

avfc85 wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:

I understand what you are saying, i'll give anyone a chance but I have strong reservations over this, the guy had huge potential years ago, he has been let go by Spurs to move to a smaller club in Hull City and now been relegated, he is 28 not 23, I'm just wary as I'm getting frustrated with wasted money and dud signings.
If Tim has had Huddlestone properly scouted he won't sign him.
villabromsgrove

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Mail saying that Weimann has signed a four year deal for Derby. I like Andy but he was never going to make a career for himself playing on the wing for Villa. Good luck Andy and thanks for busting a gut for us.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:43 pm

He'll score loads in that league.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:44 pm

Can't belive someone actually gave us money for Wiemann
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Mazrim wrote:He'll score loads in that league.
I really hope you're right Maz.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:47 pm

If we had played Wiemann up top in a 442 in & around CB he would of scored a lot more , could never fault his effort though , Lambert wasted him !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Heres a first - I agree with Mazrim Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 1662365926 Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 1420239857

My one reservation is that should we be gracing the championship anytime soon (a distinct possibility imo) - AW would be worth his weight in gold at championship level.

Hope Robinson gets a chance as fringe striker now.....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:26 pm

An encouraging first step for you Smetro,

Weimann, if a team can accommodate him in his best position of striker, will always score goals. He's an instinctive finisher who is better when he has no time to think about it. I think he'll do well at Derby and I wish him well. We'll see him back in the Premier League in a year or two and he'll be better for it, but we'll have moved on a fair bit by then.

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 1ff19fe44bc6f2f74c6ee7510d104fb3352fe648943791a1eb9ef7df6182993f
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by AntJac Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:24 pm

smetro wrote:

Heres a first - I agree with Mazrim   Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 1662365926  Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 1420239857

My one reservation is that should we be gracing the championship anytime soon (a distinct possibility imo) - AW would be worth his weight in gold at championship level.

Hope Robinson gets a chance as fringe striker now.....

Always nice sharing a forum with someone who keeps your spirits up. I bet nobody would call back if you worked for Samaritans!
AntJac

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:36 pm

"Ring, Ring,..... Ring, Ring" Hello Aunt Jackie "Yes honey what can i do for you today" :moon: Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 498107619
Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 1420239857 Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 1420239857 Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 9 1420239857
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9