The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

+36
UnclePanda
Dgrizzle7
Fpuppys
Dions_Bald_Head
GadgetMan
WendyOz
Mr_Spadge
Morpheus
bruka
NARLA24
AntJac
Thinman
HarryAVFC
thegaffer6
jeffvilla
RhodyVillan
Cha Ching
ViewFromT2
tbarrules
Aesorian
A.V.F.C
South London Villan
FoxyAV
Trotters
Olofsbeard
villabromsgrove
mefromhere
avfc85
ejs1111
Mazrim
kimbo
The Utterer
VillaBill
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
smetro
40 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

Post by Mazrim Wed May 20, 2015 8:48 pm

I hope he stays but I accept he may move on. But why settle for Europa Cup Liverpool when he could have his pick of Champions league clubs? They can't even keep their own so called stars.

And he won't be sold for £30m unless we've lost our minds. Spurs paid that for several players not fit to lace Bentekes boots. Liverpool paid more than that for Andy Carroll and there's even more money sloshing about now.

It makes me laugh that it's being debated in the Liverpool press and forums over whether they should sign him or not.

I don't like to use this term but... LOL.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

Post by mefromhere Wed May 20, 2015 11:47 pm

If that's your argument Mazrim then we could easily say why settle for Aston Villa when you could go to a champions league club?

And that's not a road I want to go down!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu May 21, 2015 12:40 am

Well it looks like it'll be Hull going down with Burnley & QPR so any Hull players who would improve us?

The Utterer
The Utterer

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu May 21, 2015 4:06 am

You spelled "Newcastle" wrong.
Trotters
Trotters

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu May 21, 2015 7:46 am

Of course he could always stay, like he did last time...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu May 21, 2015 8:01 am

mefromhere wrote:If that's your argument Mazrim then we could easily say why settle for Aston Villa when you could go to a champions league club?

And that's not a road I want to go down!

Nor do I but its more realistic. There is also the small matter of Villa deciding his fate too.
My point being he is either staying or going, and if he's going, Liverpool makes little sense when he could arguably play in any team in the world.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu May 21, 2015 9:04 am

The entire Benteke to Liverpool speculation is a speculation created by Liverpool supporting media, there is nothing else to it that has remotely any creditable substance. Let's deal with facts. Upon his arrival in England Benteke made noises about being an Arsenal admirer. If he does leave Villa this summer then it will be to a club that is able to compete for honours on a regular basis, which equates to a higher level. Should Villa win the FA cup then they will have done something Liverpool have not done for a while, win an honour. And they will be playing in the Europa league, same as Liverpool. So Benteke would be moving sideways with a move to Liverpool, which he will not do. My view is that should Villa win the FA cup they have every chance of retaining Benteke on an improved deal, lose the FA cup and chances are Benteke ends up at one of the current top 4.
Now let's look at the reported fee situation. Firstly, a player is worth whatever a club can get for him, that's the reality. The ball is firmly in Villa's court should that scenario arise. People always, rightly, use examples of previously completed deals as a barometer to "set" an expected fee for a player. As others here have mentioned, £35m for Carroll, £28m for Bony, £60m+ Di Maria, etc etc. when you compare what Benteke is capable of and HAS produced over 3 seasons in the premiership then you HAVE to START the conversation at £40m. You can't really blame other clubs trying to get a steal of a deal, it's down 100% to Villa what they sell for. If it's less than the figures above then I would be utterly dismayed, bordering on red faced anger.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu May 21, 2015 9:24 am

From what I hear The Beast is settled and happy in the midlands and if we manage to qualify for Europa League he will stay.
The performance at Southampton showed us our frailties and limitations within the squad.
The players believe in Tim and with a full pre season working with them and some new additions we should be looking at the top 6 to 10th positions.
Experience shows that an investment of 30 to 40mill is whatis required to stand still in this league.
The defence has chopped and changed all season and I think that we have looked better when Clark, Okore and Baker have payed.Okoreis an intelligent player and reads the game well but is pulled out of position when he anticipates errors from his partners when they are out of position. So, let Vlaar go and bring in someone like Richards.
The left back slot has always been an issue and must be a priority, not sure who to suggest but we definitely need someone better than our current options.
I would let Nzog go, too inconsistent and Gabby missing that 1 on 1 with the keeper on Saturday shows his lack of prowess in front of goal in those situations.
A tricky winger like Bolasie would be ok but he lacks goals and his assists are low, exciting yes, not sure if he could deliver at the sharp end.
The way Tim plays suits pacey players and the high line we played against Southampton was tactically wrong with our squad.
Mane would be a good addition, what about Shane Long, always scores against us.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu May 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Defensively it was astonishing how many injuries and constant changes we had to cope with last season, the crazy thing was i thought we looked very tight back there in the first few games until the injuries struck. I feel there is a place for Senderos, Clark, Baker and Cissokho but Vlaar cost us points in numerous games which considering how long he was out was not good.... it appears his heart just isn't at VP so get rid.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by A.V.F.C Thu May 21, 2015 10:18 pm

I don't think we need a new no.1, I still think Guzan is a good keeper and a few errors doesn't change that. If he is buying a new keeper though and is going to spend money it might as well be on a no.1 as it's a waste signing one to sit behind Guzan might as well keep Steer on the bench. Given has to go I'm not bothered what he did in the cup he's a waste of wages and long past his best.

I think it's a really difficult summer to approach to be honest, I think we'd all like to see Gary Gardner get a chance but we can't not sign a new CM on the basis of him staying fit and making an impression, so we defo need a player there. I think Sanchez is a player, his season has been average at best but it is his first year in the league. I'm not a fan of writing players off after a season, especially a season of struggle.

I think Kozak can come back and be a good squad player, not interested in Bent coming back even on reduced terms that ship has sailed, Austin would be a great signing as others have said, a decent statement as well. I want him WITH Benteke though not replacing him.

I'm really dubious of the Adebayor rumours, you'd imagine it'd be a loan with Spurs paying some of the wages, but he's messed up in the head at the moment, he's revealed he's felt suicidal and is on compassionate leave. The player himself is a good player who will get goals with service, whether his attitude lasts a whole season is up for debate but he'd definitely be good enough for us, but I am not sure if we need that drama. Tim does like him though.

Biggest position for me is left back, I don't care what Sherwood says about him Richardson is an accident waiting to happen and I think it'd be miracles if Joe Bennett returns suddenly able to hold his own as a no.1 left back.

I'd get Cleverley back if at all possible (pleases Sinclair signed!), i'd look strongly at CB's, Clark, Baker and Okore are all decent but all love being injured, i've written off Vlaar as I think he'll be off and I certainly won't miss him. I could see us going for Caulker, not sure how popular a move that would be but he's very gettable and Sherwood will like him, Dawson from Hull as well I could see as a more obvious pair, he might look at Mings for a younger option.

We don't need tons, but we need quality. I am all for signing young talent for the future and nurturing youth but we did that with Lambert and it was at best hit and miss, we need to make sure we have the quality spine through the team to gradually introduce those players. Just because Sherwood has done well I don't think people should just assume people like Button and Luongo are going to strut here and be good because they've been signed by him. Milner would be the dream signing but we have not a hope on that score.

Excited to see who he does end up signing though, bin off Tonev, Helenius, Sylla, Weimann, Given, Vlaar, Bent, Richardson, Cissokho and a few others and freshen it up.
A.V.F.C

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu May 21, 2015 10:49 pm

A.V.F.C wrote:I don't think we need a new no.1, I still think Guzan is a good keeper and a few errors doesn't change that. If he is buying a new keeper though and is going to spend money it might as well be on a no.1 as it's a waste signing one to sit behind Guzan might as well keep Steer on the bench. Given has to go I'm not bothered what he did in the cup he's a waste of wages and long past his best.

I think it's a really difficult summer to approach to be honest, I think we'd all like to see Gary Gardner get a chance but we can't not sign a new CM on the basis of him staying fit and making an impression, so we defo need a player there. I think Sanchez is a player, his season has been average at best but it is his first year in the league. I'm not a fan of writing players off after a season, especially a season of struggle.

I think Kozak can come back and be a good squad player, not interested in Bent coming back even on reduced terms that ship has sailed, Austin would be a great signing as others have said, a decent statement as well. I want him WITH Benteke though not replacing him.

I'm really dubious of the Adebayor rumours, you'd imagine it'd be a loan with Spurs paying some of the wages, but he's messed up in the head at the moment, he's revealed he's felt suicidal and is on compassionate leave. The player himself is a good player who will get goals with service, whether his attitude lasts a whole season is up for debate but he'd definitely be good enough for us, but I am not sure if we need that drama. Tim does like him though.

Biggest position for me is left back, I don't care what Sherwood says about him Richardson is an accident waiting to happen and I think it'd be miracles if Joe Bennett returns suddenly able to hold his own as a no.1 left back.

I'd get Cleverley back if at all possible (pleases Sinclair signed!), i'd look strongly at CB's, Clark, Baker and Okore are all decent but all love being injured, i've written off Vlaar as I think he'll be off and I certainly won't miss him. I could see us going for Caulker, not sure how popular a move that would be but he's very gettable and Sherwood will like him, Dawson from Hull as well I could see as a more obvious pair, he might look at Mings for a younger option.

We don't need tons, but we need quality. I am all for signing young talent for the future and nurturing youth but we did that with Lambert and it was at best hit and miss, we need to make sure we have the quality spine through the team to gradually introduce those players. Just because Sherwood has done well I don't think people should just assume people like Button and Luongo are going to strut here and be good because they've been signed by him. Milner would be the dream signing but we have not a hope on that score.

Excited to see who he does end up signing though, bin off Tonev, Helenius, Sylla, Weimann, Given, Vlaar, Bent, Richardson, Cissokho and a few others and freshen it up.

Great post.

I agree with most of it - especially Aydedbaor , and the context in which we sign lower league players - if they cheap punts that are brought as fringe players fair enough, but as we have seen before thrusting them straight into prem is very hit and miss. ...and lets not forget give Lambert £3m and on the whole he got you a good player.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat May 23, 2015 12:06 am

I like the sound of Benteke in his latest interview and how it's not all about him and it's an all round team effort and without the team he couldn't have played as well as he has.
It seems to me like if we can sign Cleverley and we already have Sinclair then there's a good chance with a few extra thousand added to the weekly wage we could get a new contract extension under him signed.

It's also looking like Bennett may be given a chance next season as Sherwood likes what he say last week. We know he couldn't defend under Lambert but to be fair to our full backs then they were always overloaded because we had strikers playing wide.

In Tim we trust! (But please keep Benteke)
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat May 23, 2015 10:50 am

I love the current vibe coming from Tim Sherwood.

He says that he wants Vlaar to stay and Vlaar also says that he wants to stay.

He says he wants Cleverly to stay and Cleverly's now saying that this is the club for him.

What's changed? .... Simples! .... Sherwood's Villa is now the club to be at unless you're a genuine 'top four' footballer. Let's hear Benteke say the same please. Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesorian Sun May 24, 2015 11:15 am

GK: Guzan/Given/???
Guzan is still good enough, but needs some competition either in the form of Given or another young keeper who's rated highly. Send Steer off for another seasons loan to get first team experience, preferably in the Championship.
Dream Signing (If we get shot of Given): Timo Horn (Cologne), Tom Heaton (Burnley)

LB: Cissokho/???/Kinsella
We need a new LB, at least to compete with Cissokho, if not outright replace him. Cissokho was great at the start of the season but wether that was Lambert's style of play flattering him or not remains to be seen.
Signing: Andrew Robinson (Hull)
Dream Signing: Jetro Williems (PSV)

CB: Clark/Okore/Baker/Senderos/(???)
I think Vlaar will leave. Clark and Okore is our best CB partnership at the moment but with the injury proneness of our back line another body could be useful here.
Signing:  Kara Mbodj (Genk)
Dream Signing: Faban Schar (Basel/Unattached)

RB: Lowton/Hutton/???
I'm unsure here, I'd like Lowton to be given a shot to see if he can re-find that form he had in his first season, Hutton was great at the start of the season but re-read what I said about Cissokho and the same applies here.
Signing: (If Hutton/Lowton leave) Kieran Trippier (Burnley), Sam Byram (Derby)

DMC: Westwood/Sanchez
Honestly, I don't think we need to buy anyone here. I rate Westwood when paired with someone who compliments him (i.e Cleverly) and I think Sanchez is acceptable, and can hopefully up his game now he's gota year in the prem under his belt. That said, if we picked up Kara Mbodj for CB he can also play quite comfortably here so we would have good cover.
Signings: None

MC: Delph, Cleverly, Gardner
Keep Cleverly and hope Delph doesn't get injured. Gardner will hopefully blossom into a great backup/replacement long term but Delph is practically irreplaceable at the moment.
Signing: Tom Cleverly (Man Utd/Unattached)

AMC: Grealish/Gil
A creative player who can drift out wide to create space for players to run into. The worry is that hey need to be somewhat responsible for tracking the opposing fullback as well.
Signing: None

SS: Sinclair/Gabby/Robinson
A Second striker, playing off the center forward able to create goals, score them and intelligently spot the space. The only player I'd replace here is Gabby, as in a "Dream World" we'd replace him with Danny Ings who is like gabby but with some intelligence, although i'd be interested to see if Sinclair can do that as well
Dream Signing: Danny Ings (Burnley/Unattached)

CF: Benteke/Kozak/Burke
The main man. Able to find the gaps in defense, be strong and score goals. We need to keep Benteke and if we don't we need to replace him STRAIGHT AWAY.
Benteke Replacement: Charlie Austin (QPR)

Formation:

| ------- GK -------- |
| RB - CB - CB - LB - |
| ------ DMC -------- |
| --- RMC - LMC ----- |
| -- SS ----- AMC --- |
| ------- CF -------- |

Other players:

Bacuna - Keep. Acts as cover for the MC, RB and can play as a Winger in a different Formation
Richardson - Sell. Not horrible, but we have adequate cover in the positions he plays and he's a mistake waiting to happen.
Weimann - Sell. I think he might be able to do a job in the SS role. But he's not going to do it better than anyone else who we've got there.
N'Zogbia - Sell. (See Weimann)
Bent - Same kind of thing as Weimann. I don't think he'd contribute enough to the over all build up play to justify the wages/number of starts he'd want.
Luna, Bennet, Sylla, Tonev - Sell. Weren't good enough for us, haven't been great out on loan. Time to say goodbye.
Aesorian
Aesorian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun May 24, 2015 11:17 am

It's so refreshing to see players wanting to stay for a change, especially ones who are out of contract and could literally take their pick of a few teams.

I so hope we can somehow find a way to lift that FA Cup and give this club & us fans our pride back after so many years of what was quite frankly poorness of an upsetting level.

Scarf Waving
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun May 24, 2015 12:23 pm

Good post Aesorian, there's a lot there to ponder. Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 2 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun May 24, 2015 6:18 pm

I understand fans frustration regarding Vlaar but he is getting no help due to us playing Fullback's that aren't in the right position or just not good enough.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesorian Sun May 24, 2015 7:12 pm

avfc85 wrote:I understand fans frustration regarding Vlaar but he is getting no help due to us playing Fullback's that aren't in the right position or just not good enough.

You're right. Arguably he's our best Center Back in terms of ability and experience. However, he falls over the same stumbling block as Bent for me in that we have two options if we keep him, rejig a successful team to accommodate him (I rate Okore/Clark as a paring higher than Vlaar/Anyone) or pay him a high wage and make him unhappy by having him play a bit part. I wish him all the best and thank him for all he's done, but it's time for both parties to go their separate ways.

At least in my opinion and as I said the same thing about Hutton last summer I'm wiling to accept I could be wrong.
Aesorian
Aesorian

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon May 25, 2015 2:57 pm

The Telegraph is reporting that Villa have bid £3.5 million for Ben Gladwin and Massimo Luongo, both from Swindon. (from 'News Now')
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesorian Mon May 25, 2015 3:10 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:The Telegraph is reporting that Villa have bid £3.5 million for Ben Gladwin and Massimo Luongo, both from Swindon. (from 'News Now')

I know next to nothing about both of them, but from the sound of it Luongo could be the back up for Delph that I couldn't think of. I read this in a scout report that sounded Promising:

But there are multiple reasons that have set clubs around Europe scampering for his signature. He is industrious, skilful, and thrives in pressured situations. He would be a valuable addition to any team that focusses on the technical aspects of the game, and Postecoglou has even claimed - maybe jovially - that Luongo could make it at Barcelona. His passing is crisp, he assists very regularly, his technique on the ball itself is superb and he excels when surrounded by opposition players.
Source: http://www.scoutedfootball.com/midfieldersblog/massimo-luongo

Does anyone know much about either of them?
Aesorian
Aesorian

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Mon May 25, 2015 3:44 pm

Had enough of promising players. Wish the club had more ambition.

tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon May 25, 2015 3:45 pm

I know Luongo won the player of the tournament at the Asia trophy thingamajig* so he must have something about him.

*I don't think that's its actual title
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue May 26, 2015 9:03 am

villabromsgrove wrote:Good post Aesorian, there's a lot there to ponder. Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 2 3769219917

A lot of sense spoken....but I disagree about not needing a new DMC...call it whatever, but we are crying out for a midfielder that can tackle and win a bloody header!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue May 26, 2015 9:04 am

avfc85 wrote:I understand fans frustration regarding Vlaar but he is getting no help due to us playing Fullback's that aren't in the right position or just not good enough.

That's because they aren't full backs!

We have played most of the last 6 games with 2 defenders on the pitch!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue May 26, 2015 10:29 am

A good team has to have a settled experienced 'spine'. This could be a major problem for Villa. We now have no recognised first choice keeper, no settled first choice centre back, no commanding central midfielder (Delph has a free role) and if the media get their way with hyping a 'Benteke' move we'll have no recognised striker.

Sherwood and Fox have a huge job to do this summer. Will they get the financial backing?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next