The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

+36
UnclePanda
Dgrizzle7
Fpuppys
Dions_Bald_Head
GadgetMan
WendyOz
Mr_Spadge
Morpheus
bruka
NARLA24
AntJac
Thinman
HarryAVFC
thegaffer6
jeffvilla
RhodyVillan
Cha Ching
ViewFromT2
tbarrules
Aesorian
A.V.F.C
South London Villan
FoxyAV
Trotters
Olofsbeard
villabromsgrove
mefromhere
avfc85
ejs1111
Mazrim
kimbo
The Utterer
VillaBill
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
smetro
40 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 5 Empty Re: Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

Post by thegaffer6 Sun May 31, 2015 9:42 pm

If we're after quality Id go hell for leather for Konoplyanka, he's on a free, an experienced quality international & creative to boot, he'd be perfect without costing a bean in transfer fees!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 5 Empty Re: Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views

Post by HarryAVFC Sun May 31, 2015 9:52 pm

Matt Phillips linked. Would like him. Out and out winger with a lovely cross

We haven't played wingers since Young and Downing left. We've played two shite strikers there, and now have gone from not playing any what so ever. Nothing to get fans off there seats

We have a huge pitch at VP, so let's play wingers. Not using crap full backs trying to get forward, use wingers and spread the pitch. Phillips is a good start
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sun May 31, 2015 9:58 pm

Dazzle wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
Dazzle wrote:Players that are likely on Sherwoods exit list, certainly on mine; Given, Hutton, Senderos, Cole, Nzogbia, Weimann, Kozak. Depending on incomers you could easily add Lowton, Guzan, Cissokho, and Robinson to that list. Based on his injury record and last few games i wouldn't be too bothered to see Vlaar leave either.
Our main assets are clearly Benteke, Delph, Clark & Grealish. After them we have Okore, Gabby, Cleverley, & Sinclair. Next level are the likes of Baker, Bacuna, Sanchez, & Westwood. Those players aside, I don't think anyone else is remotely good enough to be at the club next season if we want to avoid a relegation scrap again. That means we have a LOT of additions to bring in, a LOT of money will be required. Two new FBs, at least one good GK, at least another good CB, two Forwards, at least two Midfield. That's basically about 8 new players to come in that are good enough to compete well in the premier league. I've mentioned before that around £40m would be required in the summer, I think I'm wrong. More like £70-80m is required to give this club a chance to compete in the top half of the table.

So Gabby is on a par with Sinclair and ahead of Sánchez and Westwood.... and Gil is not remotely good enough to be at the club?.......lol, ok!!

I'd like to see a small nucleus of homegrown villa boys as the backbone of an improved villa squad. Surely it can't have passed you by that when gabby came on yesterday he showed a certain desire, a commitment? I'm not saying saying he's a world beater, but then neither were Gary or Phil Neville at Man Utd. But what they gave the club were identity, commitment, and desire. And. If you read what I had written above there is no mention of Gil leaving. You need to stop looking for disagreements fella!

Erm...You never mentioned Gil in your post as one of your players to keep...and you said no others were remotely good enough to play for us? Where's the disagreement?

Gabby can run around all he wants, we would do it for that shirt, but like you and I...he offers nothing.....at all! Never ceases to amaze me that people still rate Gabby!

At the moment we don't have enough home grown players that are good enough. We've seen Grealish make a few decent passes and show glimpses of potential, but yesterday showed his current level, which is totally fine...he is only 19 after all.
After him though....I don't see a lot coming through. Gardner won't be good enough, and at 22 (23 next month) is hardly a kid anymore Championship career beckons, which is no disgrace.

Last edited by ViewFromT2 on Sun May 31, 2015 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sun May 31, 2015 10:00 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Matt Phillips linked. Would like him. Out and out winger with a lovely cross

We haven't played wingers since Young and Downing left. We've played two shite strikers there, and now have gone from not playing any what so ever. Nothing to get fans off there seats

We have a huge pitch at VP, so let's play wingers. Not using crap full backs trying to get forward, use wingers and spread the pitch. Phillips is a good start

He's had Sinclair available...won't use him. Explain that?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun May 31, 2015 10:11 pm

Sinclair isn't actually that great, and he's not an out and out winger. He can't deliver and likes to play narrow
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun May 31, 2015 10:13 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
Dazzle wrote:Players that are likely on Sherwoods exit list, certainly on mine; Given, Hutton, Senderos, Cole, Nzogbia, Weimann, Kozak. Depending on incomers you could easily add Lowton, Guzan, Cissokho, and Robinson to that list. Based on his injury record and last few games i wouldn't be too bothered to see Vlaar leave either.
Our main assets are clearly Benteke, Delph, Clark & Grealish. After them we have Okore, Gabby, Cleverley, & Sinclair. Next level are the likes of Baker, Bacuna, Sanchez, & Westwood. Those players aside, I don't think anyone else is remotely good enough to be at the club next season if we want to avoid a relegation scrap again. That means we have a LOT of additions to bring in, a LOT of money will be required. Two new FBs, at least one good GK, at least another good CB, two Forwards, at least two Midfield. That's basically about 8 new players to come in that are good enough to compete well in the premier league. I've mentioned before that around £40m would be required in the summer, I think I'm wrong. More like £70-80m is required to give this club a chance to compete in the top half of the table.

So Gabby is on a par with Sinclair and ahead of Sánchez and Westwood.... and Gil is not remotely good enough to be at the club?.......lol, ok!!

I'd like to see a small nucleus of homegrown villa boys as the backbone of an improved villa squad. Surely it can't have passed you by that when gabby came on yesterday he showed a certain desire, a commitment? I'm not saying saying he's a world beater, but then neither were Gary or Phil Neville at Man Utd. But what they gave the club were identity, commitment, and desire. And. If you read what I had written above there is no mention of Gil leaving. You need to stop looking for disagreements fella!

Erm...You never mentioned Gil in your post as one of your players to keep...and you said no others were remotely good enough to play for us? Where's the disagreement?

Gabby can run around all he wants, we would do it for that shirt, but like you and I...he offers nothing.....at all! Never ceases to amaze me that people still rate Gabby!

At the moment we don't have enough home grown players that are good enough. We've seen Grealish make a few decent passes and show glimpses of potential, but yesterday showed his current level, which is totally fine...he is only 19 after all.
After him though....I don't see a lot coming through. Gardner won't be good enough, and at 22 (23 next month) is hardly a kid anymore Championship career beckons, which is no disgrace.

To say Gabby offers nothing is simply wrong. Again, repeating myself, he is no world talent but he does offer a certain something that is useful as a squad player in the premier league. I made no mention of Gil leaving, but you seem determined to pick through any slight "loophole" in a post to fit your agenda. Good luck with that. Scarf Waving
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun May 31, 2015 10:13 pm

I think he'd be a bet strike partner for Benteke than a winger
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sun May 31, 2015 10:28 pm

Dazzle wrote:To say Gabby offers nothing is simply wrong. Again, repeating myself, he is no world talent but he does offer a certain something that is useful as a squad player in the premier league. I made no mention of Gil leaving, but you seem determined to pick through any slight "loophole" in a post to fit your agenda. Good luck with that. Scarf Waving

Maybe re-read what you wrote?....we can't comment on what's in your head!......you listed players to keep, all others not good enough.

As you never mentioned Gil, your words suggest you don't think he is good enough.....or are you saying he isn't good enough, but you want him to stay?

confused!

:scratch:
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Only Sunderland and the newly promoted teams below us in the early betting for relegation next season
smetro
smetro

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:43 pm

smetro wrote:Only Sunderland and the newly promoted teams below us in the early betting for relegation next season

I've just gone back and checked. In august last year you'd have gotten the same odds (6-1) on Southampton going down as Sunderland!! We were 3-1, Leicester 11-4, Palace 2-1 and West Brom 13-5.

Things can change drastically even the week the league starts.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AntJac Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:24 pm

What do people see in Gil that i am not seeing? Two good games vs lower league opposition does not make him a world beater.

We needed players in the run in that could cope with the pressure and the expectation. Gil is an unknown element at this point and the jury is very much still out on him.
AntJac

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:26 pm

AntJac wrote:What do people see in Gil that i am not seeing? Two good games vs lower league opposition does not make him a world beater.

We needed players in the run in that could cope with the pressure and the expectation. Gil is an unknown element at this point and the jury is very much still out on him.
For me it's not about Gil per se.

It's that he has showed more in the fleeting appearances he has made than Charles N'Zogbia has the entire time he's been here.
kimbo
kimbo

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AntJac Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:29 pm

Thats a good point yeah.

Still, i think its a bit early to have him pronounced as the next Gazza or something.

Unless he has a drinking problem.
AntJac

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:54 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Team Buidling for 2015/16 Season.......Your Views  - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:45 pm

In my opinion we need a new keeper, i might catch some flak for this but i think Guzan is massively overrated. We need a right back, a left back and a CB. We need a CM and a left midfielder/winger to take some of the pressure off Grealish. We need a consistent striker (2 if CB goes).
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:29 pm

It doesn't matter how good at motivating players Sherwood is, he can't keep us up next season with players who aren't good enough.

It's obvious to any neutral football fan that Villa need a substantial investment in our squad if we're going to survive next season. There is 14 months left before the new TV deals kick in, so to be relegated next season through sheer bloody minded stupidity would be corporate suicide.

Lerner has no option but to spend a lot of money on transfers in the next few weeks, and commit a lot more money in contracts if he want's to safeguard his investment.

If Fox cannot convince him that this is the case then it means one of two things .... 1) we have a buyer .... 2) Randy is certifiably insane.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:23 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:It doesn't matter how good at motivating players Sherwood is, he can't keep us up next season with players who aren't good enough.

It's obvious to any neutral football fan that Villa need a substantial investment in our squad if we're going to survive next season. There is 14 months left before the new TV deals kick in, so to be relegated next season through sheer bloody minded stupidity would be corporate suicide.

Lerner has no option but to spend a lot of money on transfers in the next few weeks, and commit a lot more money in contracts if he want's to safeguard his investment.

If Fox cannot convince him that this is the case then it means one of two things .... 1) we have a buyer .... 2) Randy is certifiably insane.

I Agree but would be surprised if Randy commits serious funds. Him stepping down as Chairman could be him saying

"Villa Relegated - ..........Not on my watch'
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:23 pm

Assuming we successfully offload 5-7 players like the media is speculating, AND assuming Benteke leaves, I see us needing 5-6 players

1 GK
1 CB
1 LB
1 CM
1 DM
1-2 Strikers (one as a loan)

Perhaps one of the CM's we need is a loan as well, loans would be a good way for us to become more competitive in the EPL (and moving up the table) without spending alot of $. Personally, I have NO problem with loans, I don't care that we 'improve' another teams player. If our current players are not good enough- I want a player that IS good enough. This will move us up the table and bring in more $$ to the Villa, which would allow us to acquire a better player next season.

UTV!!! Scarf Waving
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:46 pm

Bloody Albion fancy their chances of getting Gignac, our lack of activity is less to do with a takeover and more to do with Lerner being tighter than a ducks arse
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:19 pm

There is something else we also might wish to consider. I have noted posters including our normal 20m transfer expenditure on top of the Benteke fee if he leaves?

If Benteke does leave and he leaves early it wouldn't surprise me at all that Lerner rather than putting his hand into his pocket will say to Sherwood that the Benteke fee is his budget.

Second point I wish to make. If Lerner includes a transfer budget on top of the Benteke fee which could give the manager 50m to play with (I don't believe that for a minute) the difficulty will be persuading the right quality to come to Villa Park with Benteke gone and probably Cleverley as well.

Having money in your pocket is a good start but decent players will already have smelt the lack of ambition at the club so we could be left once again with having to purchase untried potential rather than the finished article and so the sorry cycle continues?
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Morpheus wrote:There is something else we also might wish to consider. I have noted posters including our normal 20m transfer expenditure on top of the Benteke fee if he leaves?

If Benteke does leave and he leaves early it wouldn't surprise me at all that Lerner rather than putting his hand into his pocket will say to Sherwood that the Benteke fee is his budget.

Second point I wish to make. If Lerner includes a transfer budget on top of the Benteke fee which could give the manager 50m to play with (I don't believe that for a minute) the difficulty will be persuading the right quality to come to Villa Park with Benteke gone and probably Cleverley as well.

Having money in your pocket is a good start but decent players will already have smelt the lack of ambition at the club so we could be left once again with having to purchase untried potential rather than the finished article and so the sorry cycle continues?

Unfortunately we fit in the category with a number of other clubs, a majority of players now look at 1. Wages 2. Location 3. European football.
The harsh reality is now Villa are right down in them 3 categories and we need hope our scouting will improve under Sherwood and we can attract at least 1 or 2 proven targets and the rest improve us.

avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:07 pm

I was just thinking about Gary Gardner, as I tend to do this time of the evening Very Happy and it occurred to me that this is the best chance he will ever have to make a name for himself at Villa. Whatever your feelings about Tim Sherwood one certainty is that if Gardner avoids injury he will be the fittest he's ever been by the time the season starts, TS will rip the pounds off him in pre season.

GG has everything it takes to be a very good footballer, the only thing he's lacked in my opinion is that extra trimmed down condition that super fitness brings.

So if he stays fit things should be set up perfectly for him.

No excuses then Gary my man! Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:12 pm

avfc85 wrote:
Morpheus wrote:There is something else we also might wish to consider. I have noted posters including our normal 20m transfer expenditure on top of the Benteke fee if he leaves?

Unfortunately we fit in the category with a number of other clubs, a majority of players now look at 1. Wages 2. Location 3. European football.
The harsh reality is now Villa are right down in them 3 categories and we need hope our scouting will improve under Sherwood and we can attract at least 1 or 2 proven targets and the rest improve us.

I agree with you about Wages and lack of European football, but location! .... Birmingham is a brilliant place to live, we just need to get the word out to those people unlucky enough not to have Birmingham on their door step. It's got everything, I love the place.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:01 am

villabromsgrove wrote:GG has everything it takes to be a very good footballer, the only thing he's lacked in my opinion is that extra trimmed down condition that super fitness brings.

Have a look at the picture a few lines down on Gardner's Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/22gards

I too hope Sherwood works his magic on Gardner and bizarrely I'm feeling more confident for next season that I have for some time.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:27 am

When are we signing Clint dempsey
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next