The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+84
smetro
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
HarryAVFC
Dgrizzle7
A.V.F.C
thetrees
The Great white walnut
Isa
bakerbob
Nix999
Cha Ching
viva_la_amo
Dek of Villa
rosco77
River
Andyh
whiteensign
DelboyVilla
Poseidon
lukevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Wigteke
Sean
Gracon73
AVFClee
mefromhere
ember
thinlizzy
Army villain
South London Villan
achilles
VillaBill
prmort
deadbuzzardalive
Morpheus
B62 Villa
Kakacroom
jd
Saunders
Thinman
Thabucks
Chrissylee1111
jeffvilla
KMitch
Dions_Bald_Head
Peter Withe's Shin
Withes Sweatbands
NARLA24
Wookster
Morgan Villa
Saunders82
snitum
Villa jimmy
VTID85
villainjock
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
plastic
Sky
The Utterer
Dansvilla75
Dazzle
bazzah
Suits
UnclePanda
James_Curtis
Mazrim
Green Villan
avfc85
ejs1111
Mooseman
Synopsis
villabromsgrove
danclare82
AstonThriller
GadgetMan
omariqy
gdav
DaveAV1
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
jvilla
kimbo
88 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Thu May 07, 2015 8:42 pm

jvilla wrote:What has pat murphy said?

That Paul Smith is the front man and has the backing of blue chip companies and the city is taking the bid seriously (or words to that effect) it's on the BBC website. I'll link to it http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32627445
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Thu May 07, 2015 8:43 pm

smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:If ANY bidder has to borrow money to buy our club then it gets a massive no from me. That said if you follow the info Pat Murphy has, then it's a bid with BIG backing, so that then would seem much better, the bot that worries me is "Tony Adams would have a football related role" WTF??! The guy is an absolute douche, a great player, but that's it.

Anyone, whilst we're speculating, I've read and heard from others that this lot are third in line and there is one stand out group at the moment (no idea who, why, or how much, just that they are in the lead and front runners) Things will indeed hot up over the next two weeks (if we get safe) expect a lot of rumours, speculation and media attention. I just hope Mr Fox was trying to deflect the other day so we can carry on the football side of it (you know, actually getting safe and the small matter of an FA Cup final) I don't see a denial from him or the club. Maybe Adams or Smith may say something IF there's no truth in it?......

Interesting few weeks ahead on and off the pitch. UTV

Yeah - I think we should follow the WBA method. Get the deal done by mid June - or else its off the table.

Yeah sounds like a good approach, definitely needs a deadline, perhaps there is one?! Villa are very vacuous as VB has alluded too.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu May 07, 2015 8:45 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
jvilla wrote:What has pat murphy said?

That Paul Smith is the front man and has the backing of blue chip companies and the city is taking the bid seriously (or words to that effect) it's on the BBC website. I'll link to it http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32627445

Pretty up beat !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu May 07, 2015 9:01 pm

Latest rumours circulating is that Adams won't be involved. Paul Smith is fronting the consortium - Adams role was\is advisory on the takeover but he won't be part of any new set up.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by thinlizzy Thu May 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Did anybody notice in the interview that Sherwood gave to Jamie Redknapp for Soccer saturday the reference that Sherwood gave to Tony Adams being a legend and about his statue outside the Arsenal grounds. Did Sherwood know something about this potential takeover and perhaps Sherwood himself was part of this deal.
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu May 07, 2015 9:13 pm

smetro wrote:Latest rumours circulating is that Adams won't be involved. Paul Smith is fronting the consortium - Adams role was\is advisory on the takeover but he won't be part of any new set up.

And also that Smith has several major blue chip companies backing him.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu May 07, 2015 9:14 pm

I think the press will be all over this story over the weekend so hopefully we'll find out more as the days go by Very Happy .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by thinlizzy Thu May 07, 2015 9:15 pm

Adams would make a good defensive coach. I think if he is the public face of the consortium, he will become the director of football.
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu May 07, 2015 9:20 pm

thinlizzy wrote:Adams would make a good defensive coach. I think if he is the public face of the consortium, he will become the director of football.

Couldn't see TS standing for that.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Thu May 07, 2015 9:25 pm

I am pretty sure they said on the BBC that Adams was only involved in the takeover in an advisory role.
LVBrit

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu May 07, 2015 9:27 pm

A diminished role for Adams only feeds the theory that he's there for his links to azeris.
jvilla
jvilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu May 07, 2015 11:17 pm

Another view, this one from John Percy, leaning towards the 'money is already there' consensus.

Aston Villa targeted by consortium including Tony Adams

Tony Adams, the ex-Arsenal defender, to head up consortium with former interim chief executive of Chelsea ahead of possible takeover of Aston Villa

Paul Smith, the former interim chief executive of Chelsea, is leading a proposed £150 million takeover of Aston Villa and hopes to agree a deal before the start of next season.

Smith has made an offer to Randy Lerner and wants to take charge of the Midlands club within two months, with Tony Adams, the former Arsenal and England defender, lined up for a possible football role if the deal is completed.

As revealed by Telegraph Sport in February, Lerner is in advanced talks over a potential sale that will end his nine-year association with the club and it has now been revealed that Smith is fronting the bid.

Smith has been working on a deal for more than a year with a number of other investors and sources close to him claiming he is “fully focused on making it work” and will not be adopting a “bull in a china shop” approach if he takes charge.

Tim Sherwood, the Villa manager, claimed on Thursday that he was unaware of any negotiations but admitted he could be vulnerable in the event of a takeover. However, it is thought Sherwood’s position is safe after the former Tottenham Hotspur head coach guided Villa to the FA Cup final, while he is also on course to secure Premier League survival.

But Tom Fox, the chief executive appointed by Lerner earlier this season, could be one casualty should Smith gain control.

It had been claimed that Adams was seeking backing from investors in the City but Smith has already provided evidence of funds and though nothing is imminent – and may not be agreed until the summer – Bank of America Merrill Lynch is working with Lerner to finalise a sale. There is not believed to be any competition at this stage.

Smith held a number of executive roles at Chelsea before his acrimonious departure in 2007, when he was sacked on his return from a pre-season tour of the United States. He later lost a tribunal over alleged “unlawful wage deductions”. He was once known by his peers as “Mr Football” during his spell at Stamford Bridge and has been formulating a plan to buy Villa for some time.

Lerner – who flew into England on Thursday to meet Sherwood for what was called a “routine visit” – is aware of Smith’s background and it would suit the American to sell the club to someone who appreciates Villa’s history and traditions.

Relegation to the Championship would severely harm any takeover and Lerner’s price could even be halved but Villa, who are only two points above the bottom three, will take a large step towards safety by beating West Ham on Saturday.

On the prospect of a takeover, Sherwood said: “I haven’t heard anything but it depends on who wants to come in to run the club. They make their own decisions. Perhaps they might not like a British manager. Not a lot of owners do. I don’t worry, I just get on with what I can do. I can only my best for the football club.

“I have the football club’s best interest at heart and hopefully that will stand me in good stead. The chairman has made no indication to me he’s looking to sell or any negotiations have taken place.”

Lerner bought the club from Doug Ellis in 2006 for £62.6 million and Villa finished in the top six three seasons running under Martin O’Neill. But O’Neill’s departure before the start of the 2010-11 campaign triggered a difficult period for Lerner, with managers Gérard Houllier, Alex McLeish and Paul Lambert all battling against relegation.

After the final game of last season at Spurs, Lerner confirmed his determination to move aside and sell the club, citing the need for “fresh, invigorated leadership”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11589605/Aston-Villa-targeted-by-consortium-including-Tony-Adams.html?x
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri May 08, 2015 10:49 am

Anyone else a bit nervous? Just when we seem to have a nicely balanced & happy camp...

:pale:
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Fri May 08, 2015 2:57 pm

What happened to the NDA's signed by all parties ? If this bid is the no. 1 on the table then no way would it have been leaked. This is just a guy looking for a bit of publicity..............nothing happening here IMO
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri May 08, 2015 7:56 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Anyone else a bit nervous? Just when we seem to have a nicely balanced & happy camp...

Its right to be nervous - a lot comes down to where you think we can go with the current set up. I think Tom Fox gets a very good press - for actually doing very little. Sure he has a great CV - Coming from Arsenal and experience at other big companies.

Sherwoods results have picked up - but end of season form is IMO a pretty poor guide - and he has yet to sign a single player.

Sure thats a harsh judgement on very limited time I accept that and I wouldn't be unhappy if we start next season with that structure. But equally both men are rookies in there current role - and really wouldn't be great surprise if one or both started to flounder next season. Bottom line is Lerner trying to run the club down a telephone line isn't going to work - sure TF can run the club - but ultimatley he is accountable to guy who really isnt interested any more.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Fri May 08, 2015 10:41 pm

Soz to harp on but if I was Smith why on earth would I have Donkey Adams in the same media communications if I did not have to have him. Funny how after the first story on Sky it all got tweaked to diminish Adams role. Adams as a footballing icon providing credibility does not fit. Smith is a serious man, Adams aint. Unhappy marriage or what.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri May 08, 2015 11:16 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 09, 2015 12:25 am

smetro wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Anyone else a bit nervous? Just when we seem to have a nicely balanced & happy camp...

Its right to be nervous - a lot comes down to where you think we can go with the current set up. I think Tom Fox gets a very good press - for actually doing very little. Sure he has a great CV - Coming from Arsenal and experience at other big companies.

Sherwoods results have picked up - but end of season form is IMO a pretty poor guide - and he has yet to sign a single player.

Sure thats a harsh judgement on very limited time I accept that and I wouldn't be unhappy if we start next season with that structure. But equally both men are rookies in there current role - and really wouldn't be great surprise if one or both started to flounder next season. Bottom line is Lerner trying to run the club down a telephone line isn't going to work - sure TF can run the club - but ultimatley he is accountable to guy who really isnt interested any more.

I don't know where to even start with this.

Because you don't know what Tom Fox is doing on a day to day basis, you assume he's doing very little?
You've given Sherwood a rating of "meh" for (what looks like) saving us from almost certain relegation and for getting us to the FA Cup final? And had a dig because he's done all this without signing a single player whilst the transfer window is shut?

Odd post.  Very odd.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat May 09, 2015 6:02 pm

smetro wrote:

Paul? Paul? Is that you? 8) haha!

Glass is not even half empty with this post, it's shattered!! Let's see next season, that will be the true indicator won't it?! You did say it was a harsh judgement, so at least you're aware it is Scarf Waving

Anyway did we spot any rich looking people at VP?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 09, 2015 6:13 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:

Glass is not even half empty with this post, it's shattered!! Let's see next season, that will be the true indicator won't it?! You did say it was a harsh judgement, so at least you're aware it is Scarf Waving

I don't have problem with either Sherwood or Fox. All I am saying is that we need a guy at the top who is at least interested. - Such a guy might want his one people in one or two of those positions.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat May 09, 2015 7:46 pm

smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:

I don't have problem with either Sherwood or Fox. All I am saying is that we need a guy at the top who is at least interested. - Such a guy might want his one people in one or two of those positions.

Can't disagree with that. Sadly (or not, who knows) If the RIGHT guy/girl buys us then they'll have the right to choose whoever they like. That sentiment I agree with, the rest, not so much!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat May 09, 2015 11:47 pm

People can say Lerner didn't put the money in but the fact is that he has, and Sherwood is proving he constructed a pretty good squad with it too. I hope that Randy can be rejuvenated by the Sherwood era and stay for the journey with us. He backed O'Neill and we got close and now we are embarking on the same journey again with a quality manager and the Lerner dream may be possible again. It's certainly more likely now than at any point in the last 4 years.

We know what Lerner does, he's built a good backroom now both playing and admin side which can look after the club and I'd rather continue with that than risk a potential Leeds, Cardiff, blues in search for the one in a million Chelsea story.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Sun May 10, 2015 8:10 am

I hope we get to hear some more about the Smith bid this week, or other bids - we're practically up now. Holding on to that 1-0 yesterday was the most nervous I've ever been, just one goal from west ham and our new future could still have been in complete jeopardy.

Percy at the telegraph updated his article recently - didn't see this bit before - EDIT - seen its been posted previously but worth pointing out this part again - seems quite certain. Azeri money, gotta be.

It had been claimed that Adams was seeking backing from investors in the City but Smith has already provided evidence of funds and though nothing is imminent – and may not be agreed until the summer – Bank of America Merrill Lynch is working with Lerner to finalise a sale. There is not believed to be any competition at this stage.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun May 10, 2015 9:37 am

jvilla wrote:I hope we get to hear some more about the Smith bid this week, or other bids - we're practically up now. Holding on to that 1-0 yesterday was the most nervous I've ever been, just one goal from west ham and our new future could still have been in complete jeopardy.

Percy at the telegraph updated his article recently - didn't see this bit before - EDIT - seen its been posted previously but worth pointing out this part again - seems quite certain. Azeri money, gotta be.  

Whilst I want it to happen - I hope we don't hear anything until after the cup final. We don't need any distractions - and I have a good feeling we can win the FA Cup
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun May 10, 2015 11:44 am

Agreed, there's plenty of time after the cup to sort any takeover business out. In fairness, I can't see Sherwood allowing anything to distract them anyway.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next