The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+84
smetro
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
HarryAVFC
Dgrizzle7
A.V.F.C
thetrees
The Great white walnut
Isa
bakerbob
Nix999
Cha Ching
viva_la_amo
Dek of Villa
rosco77
River
Andyh
whiteensign
DelboyVilla
Poseidon
lukevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Wigteke
Sean
Gracon73
AVFClee
mefromhere
ember
thinlizzy
Army villain
South London Villan
achilles
VillaBill
prmort
deadbuzzardalive
Morpheus
B62 Villa
Kakacroom
jd
Saunders
Thinman
Thabucks
Chrissylee1111
jeffvilla
KMitch
Dions_Bald_Head
Peter Withe's Shin
Withes Sweatbands
NARLA24
Wookster
Morgan Villa
Saunders82
snitum
Villa jimmy
VTID85
villainjock
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
plastic
Sky
The Utterer
Dansvilla75
Dazzle
bazzah
Suits
UnclePanda
James_Curtis
Mazrim
Green Villan
avfc85
ejs1111
Mooseman
Synopsis
villabromsgrove
danclare82
AstonThriller
GadgetMan
omariqy
gdav
DaveAV1
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
jvilla
kimbo
88 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:38 pm

Green Villan wrote:VB wasn't trying to be funny with you, I've had to un-follow loads of bogus idiots on twitter.

GV me old mucker, stressful day? Takeover specualtion isn't everyones cup of tea, the same as the WWE thread in OT isn't, just skip past it and ignore (you won't though as like us all are desperate for change Very Happy) we maintained we'd keep this thread open until we're either sold or RL announces we're not for sale. Try and see it as a little light hearted fun. I don't think anybody is rushing out to bet on these present RUMOURS and as for TBAR, we've addressed the past several times. Mistakes were made and that's regrettable, we've made our stance clear. We hear things, but we won't share as we don't want to be all about ITK and that is a well trodden path.

That said were happy for our members to feel free to discuss it (or not) this is just one thread of many on the forum. Pick and choose matey and stop being a grouch Scarf Waving Internet cuddle for GV haha!!!

Edit I just noticed your last exchange with VB, so ignore this if you like. Just a little freindly teasing!! UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by jvilla Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:33 am

Looked at Paul Allen's wikipedia - the guy has done everything you would want to before dying - founded Microsoft, owns a huge yacht, throws huge parties with any musician of his choice, produced movies, owns sports teams, written a book and even recorded a blues track himself that charted. If I were him I wouldn't be looking at owning Villa as the next must-do in his list - I'd be buying one of those special trips to the former yugoslavia where you get to muck about with kidnapped american students (see Hostel).
jvilla
jvilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:37 am

jvilla wrote:Looked at Paul Allen's wikipedia - the guy has done everything you would want to before dying - founded Microsoft, owns a huge yacht, throws huge parties with any musician of his choice, produced movies, owns sports teams, written a book and even recorded a blues track himself that charted. If I were him I wouldn't be looking at owning Villa as the next must-do in his list - I'd be buying one of those special trips to the former yugoslavia where you get to muck about with kidnapped american students (see Hostel).

Hans genius AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 1815562058
avfc85
avfc85

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:06 am

Gilan Holding were definitely interested, had preliminary talks but Randy didn't want to do a deal with them. Not too sure why he didn't want to but this was before an offer was even put on the table! I asked about Paul Allen but I've had no reply at all which is unusual.
Suits

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:18 am

Suits wrote:Gilan Holding were definitely interested, had preliminary talks but Randy didn't want to do a deal with them. Not too sure why he didn't want to but this was before an offer was even put on the table! I asked about Paul Allen but I've had no reply at all which is unusual.

The guy on twitter who said he worked at Gilan for two years and is also an established villa fan described the Azeri sons who wanted Villa as spoilt brats. Coupled with the dodgyness of the Azeri money/power - I imagine Randy might have felt them to be quite high risk. I know folks don;t have much time for Randy but I sense that he is a man who feels the weight of responsibility, and does not want to be the man who sold Villa to unstable owners - won't take a great deal for the balance of power in Azerbajan to one day change hands. All conjecture of course.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:39 am

I've just read a BBC article on the latest football rich list by Deloitte. Villa are placed 22nd, behind Newcastle, Everton, West Ham. Southampton just behind us, Sunderland not far behind either. I'd say this goes a long way in indicating just how badly Villa have been run off the field, resulting in poor performance/investment on the field. With the rich history of Aston Villa i find it incredible that someone has not been able to Market the club to a much higher level than it has been. It's actually near negligent. Founder members of the football league, one of only a handful of European cup winners in England, never been out of the Premier league, the future king of England being a supporter, the prime minister and former Bank of England governor being supporters. It should have been an open goal for a marketing department, but much like on the field it's been missed.
Aston Villa should be in a position where 45-50000 attendances are the norm, where top 10 finishes are the minimum expectation and top 7 more often than not.
This is why new owners are urgently required to put some significant initial investment and drive into the club to improve the playing side, which in turn brings in commercial deals at the level Aston Villa should be obtaining.
To be behind West Ham and Newcastle is, imo, damning on the current guardians. Everything historically and in terms of trophies etc point to Aston Villa being in the top 6 or so clubs in this country. It's where we should be.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:41 am

Wholeheartedly agree mate. The negligence of Aston Villa has been criminal.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:15 am

GadgetMan wrote:
Green Villan wrote:VB wasn't trying to be funny with you, I've had to un-follow loads of bogus idiots on twitter.

GV me old mucker, stressful day? Takeover specualtion isn't everyones cup of tea, the same as the WWE thread in OT isn't, just skip past it and ignore (you won't though as like us all are desperate for change Very Happy) we maintained we'd keep this thread open until we're either sold or RL announces we're not for sale. Try and see it as a little light hearted fun. I don't think anybody is rushing out to bet on these present RUMOURS and as for TBAR, we've addressed the past several times. Mistakes were made and that's regrettable, we've made our stance clear. We hear things, but we won't share as we don't want to be all about ITK and that is a well trodden path.

That said were happy for our members to feel free to discuss it (or not) this is just one thread of many on the forum. Pick and choose matey and stop being a grouch Scarf Waving Internet cuddle for GV haha!!!

Edit I just noticed your last exchange with VB, so ignore this if you like. Just a little freindly teasing!! UTV

Not betting on the present rumours?? You must be kidding GM.I've got £5K on the Azerbaijan mob and another £5K on Paul Allen. I've also got a couple of grand on Randy winning the Euro lottery and giving the whole lot to PL for new players. Then I put the same amount on PL blowing the lot on a left back. Well not actually a left back, in-fact a goalkeeper but he's going to play him at left back. Finally I put £500 on this whole TBAR thing being run by the tea lady at BMH.

However I did resist putting a fiver on The Villa scoring again before the end of February. I mean I may have a gambling problem but I'm not a bleedin' idiot!!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:31 am

We're where we are today because Randy thought he could run AVFC with the help of just one man, his newly promoted personal assistant Paul Faulkner.

I think what we're seeing now is a sadder and perhaps wiser Randy Lerner supporting Tom Fox, as he puts in place the infrastructure that is needed to run Villa properly.

Whatever you think of Lerner, I believe the guy is trying to do the right thing at last. Too little too late I hear you cry and you may well be right, but I don't think we should ignore what Tom Fox is trying to do at Villa. We might not have a glossy new owner (yet?) but things are changing. Whether they change enough to keep us in the Premier League is a question that will be answered by the last day of the season.
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:39 am

DaveAV1 wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

Not betting on the present rumours?? You must be kidding GM.I've got £5K on the Azerbaijan mob and another £5K on Paul Allen. I've also got a couple of grand on Randy winning the Euro lottery and giving the whole lot to PL for new players. Then I put the same amount on PL blowing the lot on a left back. Well not actually a left back, in-fact a goalkeeper but he's going to play him at left back. Finally I put £500 on this whole TBAR thing being run by the tea lady at BMH.

However I did resist putting a fiver on The Villa scoring again before the end of February. I mean I may have a gambling problem but I'm not a bleedin' idiot!!
lol! Ps: Doris is furious that her cover has been blown! No more ITK from her then. Pps: She want's to know if anyone wants to buy a white suit?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:57 am

Now we have a cross dressing tea lady. Is there no end to the scandal coming out of our beloved club.

On a less serious note VB, I agree with your assessment of Randy now realising, if a little late, that the club needs a proper infrastructure to run properly. I also think that Tom Fox believes that putting that in place is important to help facilitate the sale. Additionally of course by building a good team around him, it makes his own position, post sale, much stronger.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:34 pm

Yeah, as I alluded to elsewhere, I think Tom Fox knows what a great opportunity this is for him, and he has every chance of being heavily involved with a new owner as well.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:18 pm

Green Villan wrote:This thread was a good idea at 1st but now I'm sick to the back teeth of all the bull shit, there should be a way to ignore threads because I can't be arsed to even look at this anymore, everyone regarding a take over is full of shit.

errr, dont read it then??!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:23 pm

jvilla wrote:Jonny Gould tweet - https://twitter.com/jonnygould/status/557994117893193728/photo/1

Allen not denying or confirming....

interesting. Does anyone know why a company/person would not just say" no there is nothing in it, were not interested"????

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:26 pm

jimbop wrote:
jvilla wrote:Jonny Gould tweet - https://twitter.com/jonnygould/status/557994117893193728/photo/1

interesting.  Does anyone know why a company/person would not just say" no there is nothing in it, were not interested"????
The same thing was said when someone asked Micky Arisons people if he was buying us. I don't think it means anything.
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:33 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:We're where we are today because Randy thought he could run AVFC with the help of just one man, his newly promoted personal assistant Paul Faulkner.

I think what we're seeing now is a sadder and perhaps wiser Randy Lerner supporting Tom Fox, as he puts in place the infrastructure that is needed to run Villa properly.

Whatever you think of Lerner, I believe the guy is trying to do the right thing at last. Too little too late I hear you cry and you may well be right, but I don't think we should ignore what Tom Fox is trying to do at Villa. We might not have a glossy new owner (yet?) but things are changing. Whether they change enough to keep us in the Premier League is a question that will be answered by the last day of the season.

100% agree VB. Also the comment on here i read earlier, cant think who from, the one that states Randy said no about dealing with gilan i think? if thats true then it looks like he is going to sell us to someone who can move us forward. surely he doesnt want to be remebered as the wanker who nearly got us relegated several times and then sold us to another carson yeung! on that note, thank fock i was born claret and blue whooooooooooooooooooooooop whoooooooooooooooooooooop

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:58 pm

jimbop wrote:

interesting.  Does anyone know why a company/person would not just say" no there is nothing in it, were not interested"????

What I think is the response came from some low-level gatekeeper whose job is to palm off responses. Allen wouldn't deal with an interview request from Jonny Gould, someone he'd never even heard off.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:02 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
jimbop wrote:

What I think is the response came from some low-level gatekeeper whose job is to palm off responses. Allen wouldn't deal with an interview request from Jonny Gould, someone he'd never even heard off.

true matey true, i know allen himself wouldnt respond but what i mean is if for instance someone came to me and said " hey jimbop, i hear your interested in becoming a BCFC fan" i would categorically refute this claim and advise there is no truth in it whatsoever and i have no intentions of supporting a shit club"?? i just wondered if there is any legal reason or any reason at all as to why these people/companys, if there name is mentioned and it is 100% unture, why not just say so??

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:05 pm

I think it's all because the person responding doesn't actually know the answer, so gives a non-committal one
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:06 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I think it's all because the person responding doesn't actually know the answer, so gives a non-committal one

good point matey, could well be that but wouldnt the person responding have reiterated the rumour to the person involved and ask them how they should respond?

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:15 pm

Jonny Gould later tweeted he didn't think it was a denial, more a cloaked 'watch this space' attention holding response, coming from a PR agency after all. But then it's all interpretation as ever with this sort of thing. I still swear that was Arison in those pics last year - could well have been but didn't mean he was buying us I suppose!
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:16 pm

jvilla wrote:Jonny Gould later tweeted he didn't think it was a denial, more a cloaked 'watch this space' attention holding response, coming from a PR agency after all. But then it's all interpretation as ever with this sort of thing. I still swear that was Arison in those pics last year - could well have been but didn't mean he was buying us I suppose!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, not those foooki pictures!! ive just got the blond bint out me head!!! FFS jvilla AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 1420239857

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Allen has a net worth of about $17 billion as of Jan. 21, according to Forbes. The next three wealthiest owners last year didn't even come close, even when you combine them. St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and former Tampa Bay Buccaneers owner Malcolm Glazer are worth a combined $14.6 billion, according to CBS.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 1420239857

.....just thought it was worth a 'cut n paste'....Jayzus!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:42 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:Allen has a net worth of about $17 billion as of Jan. 21, according to Forbes. The next three wealthiest owners last year didn't even come close, even when you combine them. St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and former Tampa Bay Buccaneers owner Malcolm Glazer are worth a combined $14.6 billion, according to CBS.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 1420239857

.....just thought it was worth a 'cut n paste'....Jayzus!!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit come on pauly, come on pauly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next