The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+84
smetro
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
HarryAVFC
Dgrizzle7
A.V.F.C
thetrees
The Great white walnut
Isa
bakerbob
Nix999
Cha Ching
viva_la_amo
Dek of Villa
rosco77
River
Andyh
whiteensign
DelboyVilla
Poseidon
lukevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Wigteke
Sean
Gracon73
AVFClee
mefromhere
ember
thinlizzy
Army villain
South London Villan
achilles
VillaBill
prmort
deadbuzzardalive
Morpheus
B62 Villa
Kakacroom
jd
Saunders
Thinman
Thabucks
Chrissylee1111
jeffvilla
KMitch
Dions_Bald_Head
Peter Withe's Shin
Withes Sweatbands
NARLA24
Wookster
Morgan Villa
Saunders82
snitum
Villa jimmy
VTID85
villainjock
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
plastic
Sky
The Utterer
Dansvilla75
Dazzle
bazzah
Suits
UnclePanda
James_Curtis
Mazrim
Green Villan
avfc85
ejs1111
Mooseman
Synopsis
villabromsgrove
danclare82
AstonThriller
GadgetMan
omariqy
gdav
DaveAV1
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
jvilla
kimbo
88 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:59 pm

AstonThriller wrote:I really wonder who would be better for the club? on one hand you have Paul Allen who is worth more than Abramovic, has a track record of success in other sports and appears to be a decent guy. Then you have Gilan Holding who are said to have 59 billion in assets and are part of the Azerbaijan government. Not much known about them but the feeling seems to be they would be looking to promote their country much in the same way the Qatar guys at PSG are doing and the Sheik at City too...

Paul would probably be the safe option and would give us enough financial backing to probably have us challenging for the top six or maybe even top four again. With his commitments to other sporting franchises i doubt he'd go wild with us where the funds are concerned...i believe he'd most likely make a big statement early on and give a decent funds but after the first few windows the funds would be on the modest side...that appears to be the way American owners operate when when you look at us, Liverpool and Sunderland. Only the Glazers have spent big but that's because a club like Man U demands that sort of expenditure.

Then we have Gilan and with those sort of funds the sky would be the limit really...i'm sure they'd want to make a massive statement. We'd most likely have the same 'Azerbaijan' as Athletico Madrid which would then give them an opportunity to get around the FFP a little because the sponsor could be as big as they want it to be. I could see them getting in a top quality manager and wanting to challenge for the title!!..And that's why i'd probably favour them more because they wouldn't have any other huge sporting companies to balance us with like Allen would with the SeaHawks.

All in all both either one would be epic for this club and perhaps the biggest thing to happen to us since 82.

great post, im starting to buzz again bounce bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by danclare82 Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:01 pm

AstonThriller wrote:I really wonder who would be better for the club? on one hand you have Paul Allen who is worth more than Abramovic, has a track record of success in other sports and appears to be a decent guy. Then you have Gilan Holding who are said to have 59 billion in assets and are part of the Azerbaijan government. Not much known about them but the feeling seems to be they would be looking to promote their country much in the same way the Qatar guys at PSG are doing and the Sheik at City too...

Paul would probably be the safe option and would give us enough financial backing to probably have us challenging for the top six or maybe even top four again. With his commitments to other sporting franchises i doubt he'd go wild with us where the funds are concerned...i believe he'd most likely make a big statement early on and give a decent funds but after the first few windows the funds would be on the modest side...that appears to be the way American owners operate when when you look at us, Liverpool and Sunderland. Only the Glazers have spent big but that's because a club like Man U demands that sort of expenditure.

Then we have Gilan and with those sort of funds the sky would be the limit really...i'm sure they'd want to make a massive statement. We'd most likely have the same 'Azerbaijan' as Athletico Madrid which would then give them an opportunity to get around the FFP a little because the sponsor could be as big as they want it to be. I could see them getting in a top quality manager and wanting to challenge for the title!!..And that's why i'd probably favour them more because they wouldn't have any other huge sporting companies to balance us with like Allen would with the SeaHawks.

All in all both either one would be epic for this club and perhaps the biggest thing to happen to us since 82.
Agree with this. I too would favor Gilan based on them wanting to compete with city etc. Read somewhere today too that Allan doesn't tend to splash the cash much. not sure if that's right or not.
danclare82
danclare82

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:03 pm

Great post AstonThriller....either taking over would certainly herald a new dawn for our great club.

Was reading there was/is a lot of negative press surrounding the Azerbaijan shirt sponsorship of Atleico Madrid...don't think they have the best human rights record!....could we put up with that if they are ploughing a few hundred mill into the coffers?....think I could live with that yeah!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:06 pm

danclare82 wrote:

Agree with this. I too would favor Gilan based on them wanting to compete with city etc. Read somewhere today too that Allan doesn't tend to splash the cash much. not sure if that's right or not.

this is an interesting read about him http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1380252/Secret-life-bitter-billionaire-Eclipsed-fellow-Microsoft-founder-decades-Paul-Allen-finally-steps-Bill-Gates-shadow.html - i wonder how many times he would say his favourite saying to Lambert??

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:13 pm

Careful guys, Viva will be back to bring you all back down to earth with his buzz kill ways (love you really Viva Very Happy 8)

Joking aside, I know it's purely speculation, but great post AV, imagine those two in bidding war haha!! As I said earlier, Dare to Dream.....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:13 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Careful guys, Viva will be back to bring you all back down to earth with his buzz kill ways (love you really Viva Very Happy 8)

Joking aside, I know it's purely speculation, but great post AV, imagine those two in bidding war haha!! As I said earlier, Dare to Dream.....

jesus christ i didnt think of a bidding war!! claret blue army!

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:14 pm

With regards to Allen's spending, both the MLS and NFL have tight salary caps in place so maybe he'd relish being able to freely spend some cash to directly influence and improve a team above the rest of the league?

I'd be well chuffed with either
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:19 pm

It's a great discussion but we still do not have one substantiated fact. Let's bear that in mind guys while we do our detective work. All we are talking about is a couple of rumours.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:19 pm

By the way...where do we send our hate mail and complaints when both of these rumours sink without trace?

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 1662365926

Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:21 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:It's a great discussion but we still do not have one substantiated fact. Let's bear that in mind guys while we do our detective work. All we are talking about is a couple of rumours.

FFS i was taking it as gospel??? ive changed the name on me villa top from lerner to allen now!! gutted Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:23 pm

jimbop wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:It's a great discussion but we still do not have one substantiated fact. Let's bear that in mind guys while we do our detective work. All we are talking about is a couple of rumours.

FFS i was taking it as gospel??? ive changed the name on me villa top from lerner to allen now!! gutted Laughing

I've gone for 'Gillian Holdsworth' on mine, less conspicuous but real fans will get it!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 1815562058

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:23 pm

jimbop wrote:

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 3769219917 Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
jimbop wrote:

I've gone for 'Gillian Holdsworth' on mine, less conspicuous but real fans will get it!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 1815562058

ha ha love it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:28 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Wazzup jimbop, I thought you'd emigrated or been locked up for stalking Jacky boy! Very Happy

Good to see you're back. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 3769219917

just seen this Ha ha not locked up YET no. Laughing

Last edited by jimbop on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Director of Football is very much a foreign model, would Lerner give approval to a change of structure and more salaries to fork out on after 8 years here and announcing he wants to sell? I don't buy that.

Maybe if it was a proper DoF I would agree, but if that article in the Birmingham Mail is correct its not going to be a traditional DOF
Synopsis
Synopsis

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:35 pm

Two different tweeters today that I have seen are stating Randy has massively dropped the asking price...one quoting £80m and the other £100m!!!!!!

Where they getting this from (I'm assuming it's BS)?

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:47 pm

No nothing is fact but it's not like this is us talking on a whim is it? the mail reported the Allen story while a Villa ITK (Jonny Gould) and the Azerbaijan media are reporting interest from Gilan...so there is enough to be hopeful for the time being at least Very Happy .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooseman Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:49 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

No nothing is fact but it's not like this is us talking on a whim is it? the mail reported the Allen story while a Villa ITK (Jonny Gould) and the Azerbaijan media are reporting interest from Gilan...so there is enough to be hopeful for the time being at least Very Happy .
One of these days the rumour will become fact( I hope)utv
Mooseman
Mooseman

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:57 pm

Really hope one of these come true! But with villa at the moment some days I feel like we can be the next big European power again, and then the next I feel like we'll be taken over by Vincent Tan!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:22 pm

Maybe they will be co-owners and form a new company Allenbaijan?

Ok I'll get my coat.
DaveAV1

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:48 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:Great post AstonThriller....either taking over would certainly herald a new dawn for our great club.

Was reading there was/is a lot of negative press surrounding the Azerbaijan shirt sponsorship of Atleico Madrid...don't think they have the best human rights record!....could we put up with that if they are ploughing a few hundred mill into the coffers?....think I could live with that yeah!

human rights record? I dont think that would be relevant to a footy fan.
Do you think Citeh fans are offended that the Shieks have poor human rights records? What about Chelski and the Russians? I will say I do not agree with their spotty human rights record (for any of them)... but as a football fan I could care less. Its about the team for me. And that team is Aston Villa!!!

UTV!
Scarf Waving
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:Two different tweeters today that I have seen are stating Randy has massively dropped the asking price...one quoting £80m and the other £100m!!!!!!

I'm not saying any of them rumours have a grain of truth, but think about it logically Lerner makes it obviously clear he has no interest in Villa anymore - Prince William has turned up more times than him recently.

Then at some stage he will have to get real and lower the price to sell us because with FFP no one is going to entertain spending 150-200m, they'll want to have money to spend on increasing our revenue to even try to make it a decent venture.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:28 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Maybe they will be co-owners and form a new company Allenbaijan?

Ok I'll get my coat.

Brilliant Scarf Waving Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:32 pm

avfc85 wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:Two different tweeters today that I have seen are stating Randy has massively dropped the asking price...one quoting £80m and the other £100m!!!!!!

I'm not saying any of them rumours have a grain of truth, but think about it logically Lerner makes it obviously clear he has no interest in Villa anymore - Prince William has turned up more times than him recently.

Then at some stage he will have to get real and lower the price to sell us because with FFP no one is going to entertain spending 150-200m, they'll want to have money to spend on increasing our revenue to even try to make it a decent venture.

I know with some real certainty, he would of taken 150m last season, If I were a betting man, I'd say that's roughly the price he is after now and when you consider any owner could immediately get 30m+ back by selling Benteke (obviously wouldn't want to, but you get my point) it's a steal. IF they could tie Delph down to a new contract, that would again boost the attractiveness (with respect to assets) plus we will report a 17m profit in the next accounts....I'm convinced we will be sold this summer, but then I've been convinced for nearly two years, so just ignore me (oh wait you do haha) All speculation, but who doesn't love a little rumour/twitter BS AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 1662365926
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:40 pm

I think we're getting conflicting messages, on the one hand we have a disinterested owner desperate to sell the club.

On the other hand we have a re energised owner putting together a long term plan for the club.

It might be fun to speculate, but I think sooner rather than later AVFC owe it to the fans to come out clearly with a definitive statement about what is currently Randy's position and intention.

In the absence of proper information, all sorts of rumours will abound, and that may well further erode the fan's trust in the management of AVFC.

Talk to us please Villa.

villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next