The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Burnley Vs Villa

+17
CoE82
LVBrit
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
Cha Ching
VillaBill
The Utterer
achilles
mefromhere
FoxyAV
Green Villan
gdav
villabromsgrove
Villa_Dan
Synopsis
KMitch
Trotters
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Predict the result

Burnley Vs Villa I_vote_lcap36%Burnley Vs Villa I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 10 ]
Burnley Vs Villa I_vote_lcap32%Burnley Vs Villa I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 9 ]
Burnley Vs Villa I_vote_lcap14%Burnley Vs Villa I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
Burnley Vs Villa I_vote_lcap0%Burnley Vs Villa I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Burnley Vs Villa I_vote_lcap11%Burnley Vs Villa I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Burnley Vs Villa I_vote_lcap7%Burnley Vs Villa I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 28

Burnley Vs Villa Empty Burnley Vs Villa

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:47 am

More goals for the mighty claret & blue.

Oh.....
Trotters
Trotters

Burnley Vs Villa 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Burnley Vs Villa Empty Re: Burnley Vs Villa

Post by KMitch Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:37 am

Can't see us winning this one... Have a bad feeling this will be this season's Bradford...
KMitch
KMitch

Burnley Vs Villa 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:50 am

3-1 Burnley, Danny Ings hat trick
Synopsis
Synopsis

Burnley Vs Villa 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:04 pm

I'm going just to see a team in claret and blue win!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Burnley Vs Villa 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:10 pm

I genuinely cannot vote. I haven't got a clue what's going to happen against one of the weakest teams in the league. Sadly I suspect Paul Lambert hasn't got a clue what's going to happen either.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:20 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I genuinely cannot vote. I haven't got a clue what's going to happen against one of the weakest teams in the league. Sadly I suspect Paul Lambert hasn't got a clue what's going to happen either.

Paul Lambert knows what he will do, he will have men behind the ball defending then try and nick one on the break!!

All this against the mighty burnley Burnley Vs Villa 1715320296 Burnley Vs Villa 1715320296
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:53 pm

I've just been browsing on a Burnley fans forum and they're struggling to come to terms with being the bookies favourites for this match. They admit that villa are currently the worst team in the Premiership (no argument there from me), but they also say that player for player Villa are better than Burnley.

How do we explain that? The opposition fans say that we've got better players than they have, we would probably say that we've got better players than Burnley, and yet in a relegation 6 pointer we are still the bookies favourites to lose!

Explain that one away Mr Lambert.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:40 pm

A little thing to note, in the 1900's Burnley changed to Claret and Blue in the hope of emulating the success of Aston Villa on the pitch and now they are looking like they could over take us, loose to Burnley I fully expect Lambert to be sacked, if we loose and there is no backlash from fans then I will wash my hands of this club and the fans. Loosing to Burnley (wanna be Villa) should be the final nail in Lamberks coffin.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Burnley Vs Villa 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:14 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I've just been browsing on a Burnley fans forum and they're struggling to come to terms with being the bookies favourites for this match. They admit that villa are currently the worst team in the Premiership (no argument there from me), but they also say that player for player Villa are better than Burnley.

How do we explain that? The opposition fans say that we've got better players than they have, we would probably say that we've got better players than Burnley, and yet in a relegation 6 pointer we are still the bookies favourites to lose!

Explain that one away Mr Lambert.

Statistically, we are the worst team in the EPL. Shots on target, possession, goals scored, and chances created, we are dead last in all these areas.

Any moron with half a football brain who sees this knows we need to change our tactics, but not our fearless manager. We stayed up by the skin of our teeth in Lambert's first season because we were an attacking force and we were the only club at the bottom of the table who could score goals. We also started off last season playing the same sort of football, until Benteke picked up his first injury of the season. Then our tactics shifted to the toothless dross we're used to seeing week in and week out. It's getting worse. You can only attack with 3 players and consistently score goals in the EPL with TOP players. We have one, in Benteke, but Weimann, Gabby, and Zoggy aren't, and we keep trying to play like we have Benteke up top when we don't.

Something needs to change. I've been very patient with Lambert, because I think he can spot a player in the transfer market, but it's obvious he's taken us as far as he can without a bigger transfer budget. It's a sad day when you have Villa supporters clamorring for Tony Fucking Pulis to be our manager and puts it all into perspective just how far we've fallen.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:32 pm

Tony effing Pulis is streets ahead of Paul effing Lambert when it comes to getting the best out of players like ours. Burnley Vs Villa 1662365926
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:23 am

I'm Sean Dyche, sat in my office in Burnley, looking at a Villa front line of N'Zog, Gabby and Wiemann. Close behind are Cleverley, Westwood and Sanchez. Defence of Hutton, two of either Vlaar, Senderos, Clark, Baker or Okore and Cissokho. First job, put at least two men on Gabby when Guzan punts the ball forward to neutralise our main attacking tactic. Second job, instruct players to run wide and force corners, while trying to keep Hutton and Cissokho (our other form of attack) quiet. Hutton has two feet so more danger there but while Cissokho only has a left foot, and isn't so good at controlling the ball, Gabby prefers that side. When N'Zog gets the ball get at least two players round him so he stumbles and gives away the ball, Wiemann will pass backwards. Third job, instruct players to let Villa's midfield have as much of the ball as possible and clobber us on the counter attack. If Villa score first Wiemann and N'Zog will fall back to leave Gabby on his own up front, knackering himself out chasing long balls.

If you were Lambert, where would you stick Grealish into that?

I reckon at some point this season we'll see three central defenders, Richardson and Hutton as wing backs, Westwood and Sanchez in the middle with N'Zog in front of them and Gabby and Benteke up front. N'Zog will be rubbish and Grealish will get 15 minutes at the end. Not against Burnley though.

Next match we'll see Benteke back with Gabby on the left and Wiemann or N'Zog on the right. I can't see where Grealish comes into that either, based on what Lambert has played so far this season.

It's not that I'm pinning my hopes on Grealish, just that N'Zog and Wiemann are repeatedly ineffective either side of the main striker and from what we've seen of Grealish so far he causes opposition teams real trouble, runs back to collect the ball from the defence, takes on players, draws fouls, is generally a player we all want to see play. Entertaining.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:45 am

Great post. And Grealish is, perhaps, our most unpredictable player. Partly because he's still largely unknown and partly because, what we do know of him, is rather hard to stop. Try to tackle him and you'll end up with half a team on yellow cards. Give him space and he'll cause damage.

The rest of the team is highly predictable. At least in the way Labert will have them play. Stop the fast break and just wait to get the ball back.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:46 am

Green Villan wrote:A little thing to note, in the 1900's Burnley changed to Claret and Blue in the hope of emulating the success of Aston Villa on the pitch and now they are looking like they could over take us, loose to Burnley I fully expect Lambert to be sacked, if we loose and there is no backlash from fans then I will wash my hands of this club and the fans. Loosing to Burnley (wanna be Villa) should be the final nail in Lamberks coffin.

The irony will be lost on Lerner though, I'm sure.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Sean Dyche has an easy job of preparing for "one tactic" Villa. Throw Grealish into the mix and suddenly Villa become unpredictable. If we're brave enough to use Robinson at some stage in the match, we may even get some shots on target.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:19 am

Lambert's luck .... he's in trouble if we lose this game so we can probably expect us to scrape a win. It always happens!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:39 am

I'm sick and tired of hearing the commentators trot out statistics of how the team we're playing have won more games against Villa than any other or that they've scored more goals against Villa than any other team. It's seems to be happening at every game this season.

Surely Burnley haven't got anything on us?

As for Lambert saving his arse this weekend, I think the odds are overwhelmingly in his favour: he's playing the ONLY team with worse stats than us, playing a team that must be low on confidence and, above all, surely we cannot go yet another game without a win???
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:30 am

Will Keane's decision to leave 24 hours before an enormous 6 pointer relegation battle affect the way we play?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:51 am

If Lambert has any sense he will be straight in that dressing room telling the players that Keane left because he didn't believe in them, get them fired up to prove him wrong.

However, he has no sense
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:44 pm

He'll probably just mumble "Roy. ..left....He'll go again"
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Just heard Danny Ings has more goals in the last two months than Villa. Add that to we've scored 92 goals in 88 premier league games and it doesn't look promising.
Fingers crossed for a change in everything and he'll come out and say "Roy made me played 433 and I was too scared to disagree"
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Got to say I've become a massive Danny Ings fan, not because of his on pitch stuff but his work off the pitch, absolutely brilliant bloke and I'd like to shake his hand.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:19 pm

"Villa are winless in their last eight matches, following up six defeats in a row with successive draws. They have never endured a nine-match league streak without a victory under Paul Lambert."

Another record to be set tomorrow?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:29 am

I see us getting off to a shocking slow start due to a lack in confidence, conceding a pathetic goal and then struggling for the rest of the game to try & work out how to get a shot on target.. which we don't and lose 2-0 .
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:01 am

Green Villan wrote:Got to say I've become a massive Danny Ings fan, not because of his on pitch stuff but his work off the pitch, absolutely brilliant bloke and I'd like to shake his hand.

Tell me more?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:29 am

I can see us winning because that's Lamberts luck.
To be honest I could put up with a loss just to mount more pressure on him.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next