The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester Empty The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester

Post by South London Villan on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:20 am

The remaining Premier League Fixtures;
AVFC                  Hull              Sund.          Burn           QPR                 Leic
1) Man U (a)       Swan (a)       Newc (h)      Tott (h)      WBA (a)           WHU (h)

2) QPR (h)          Sout (a)        C Pal (h)       Ars (h)       AV (a)              WBA (a)

3) Tott (a)          Liver (h)       Stoke (a)      Eve (a)      Che (H)            Swa (h
)
4) Man C (a)       C Pal  (a)      South (h)       Lei (h)       WHU (h)          Bur (a)

5) Eve (h)           Ars (h)          Eve (a)         WHU (a)     Liv (a)             Chel (h)

6) WHU (h)         Burn (h)        Leic (h)         Hul (a)       Man C (a)         New (h)

7) Sout (a)          Tott (a)        Ars (a)          Sto (h)        New (h)           Sout (h)

8) Burn (h)          Man U (h)     Chel (a)         AV (a)        Lei (a)              Sund (a) QPR (a)

Make sense of that;
South London Villan
South London Villan

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester 2_star10

Back to top Go down

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester Empty Re: The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester

Post by kimbo on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:58 am

Hull have actually got the worst run-in, looking at that. It's funny, I haven't really thought of them as going down all season, but that's a pretty horrible last 8 games.

Had we won on Saturday I would have thought we'd be fine, but we're still in it and the QPR game in particular is MASSIVE.

I do think it will be 3 from the other 5 - I'd go as far as to say Leicester, QPR and 1 from the other 3 - but I'm far from relaxed.
kimbo
kimbo

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester 5_star12

Back to top Go down

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester Empty Re: The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05 am

Leicester, QPR, Sunderland. Sticking with those 3.

Advocaat sounds like a great appointment until you realise he was canned in his last 4 jobs and isn't highly thought of at all. He was also the worst Serbia manager in history.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:51 am

Thanks for the post "South London".

Hull have a tough run in, but Bruce will have them at it.

Sunderland have to get the points in their next six matches because it will be nil points from their last two fixtures, and the combination of Advocaat and a bunch of losers doesn't inspire me.

Burnley have a battlers chance with Sean Dyche at the helm.

Leicester won't give up because they're fighters and are playing ok at the moment, but they lack match winners.

QPR worry me, they should go down but they've got some decent players if they can be bothered for a change .... April 7th is going to be enormous at Villa Park, and we have a history of getting it wrong on the big occasions.

Leicester, Sunderland and QPR to go down. (I hope and pray!)
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:23 pm

I do think we need to find a result in one of those tricky fixtures to safeguard going into a horrid last day situation against Burnley which would be a lottery.

Can't see where at though? Man U away? ..Can't see it with them being fresh of a win at Anfield,

Man City? Again can't see it as we always get poor decisions against us up there and the FA will be wanting the title race to go to the wire so i can see another "rough justice" day in store,

Spurs? Tough but maybe one of our best chances of pulling off a shock especially with the Sherwood connection!

Southampton? Along with Spurs another game we have a chance in but again a tough call!

Everton? Well it's at home but they seem to have the hoodoo over us lately so not hopeful

So it'll be the three battles against West Ham, QPR & Burnley ..i think we need 7 points from those and a lucky win from one of the tough fixtures personally putting us to 38 points.... Squeaky bum time!

The Utterer
The Utterer

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:51 am

I think we'll win the Everton game.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:09 am

The biggest thing for me is that our two recent wins have given us a slight cushion (the Sunderland win even improved our goal difference and we're now better than the 4 teams below us) and while it's really not much of one, if we can get one more win and a couple of draws, that's an extra five points, meaning...

Hull would also need at least 5 points to better us, maybe 6 if we can turn the goal difference around, which with their fixtures could quite possibly happen

Sunderland would need at least 8 points

Burnley would need at least 9 points

QPR would need at least 12 points

Leicester would need at least 15 points

(of course if the goal difference gets overhauled again then take off one point per team)

As long as we can grind out a win and a couple of draws, then in order for us to go down, 3 of those teams need to get those points listed, which I'm not convinced will happen; and while yes, we do need to go and get those 5 points for the scenario to occur, hey, we could get more - after all, 2 wins and we already have 1 more point than my scenario above.

Honestly, looking at the remaining fixtures...

Hull have got 7 of the top 8 teams in the league, and a relegation clash with Burnley, where at least 1 of those sides will drop points. Hull are capable of some surprising results but they need something huge here just to get a handful of points. Can they beat Burnley and get a couple of draws? Probably. But can they do much better than that? I doubt it, and fair play to them if they do. But with our fixtures compared to theirs, if we can't get a better points tally in the same period then we bloody well deserve to finish below them.

Leicester not only have still got to play 3 of the top 8 teams, but they face the other 3 teams in the bottom 4, so again points will get dropped somewhere.

QPR have still got to play 3 of the top 5, as well as ourselves and Leicester - of course beating them is huge for us.

Sunderland's last two games are away to Arsenal and Chelsea; so while of course it's not impossible that they can take points from them, they probably need to make sure they are safe within the next 6 games. I'm not sure they are capable of that, even with a new manager.

As I said before on another thread, bit of a bold prediction but I think neither us nor Burnley will need to worry on the last day - especially if Burnley can pick up something from their next two games, which are at home to Spurs and Arsenal. I may well have a cheeky bet on them both times, as I won money from them beating Man City - I only had a bloody quid, wish I'd done more!

Painfully, the Albion's next two fixtures are at home to QPR and Leicester, so it would be most helpful if they could go and win those games.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:13 am

Tell you what though, I am sick of this. It needs to stop after this season.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:30 am

@kimbo wrote:Tell you what though, I am sick of this. It needs to stop after this season.
It does mate. I am sure, should we stop up, i think we will by the way, just, that we will be in a far better situation both financially and players wise than we have been this season. I really do not want to think of us going down but to be honest i can see a win against Burnley on the last day of the season being a must for us to stop up. Then during the summer i am expecting some huge changes at the club from top to bottom.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:05 pm

@kimbo wrote:Tell you what though, I am sick of this. It needs to stop after this season.

Agreed. Nothing is guaranteed of course but with the off-the-pitch appointments, even if Randy is still the owner, I feel more confident in the foundations of the club going in to next season.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:06 pm

I could not live through the last day of the season knowing that 90 minutes would decide my clubs future (possibly for the rest of my lifetime). Don't do this to us Villa!!!!!!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:06 pm

Looking at this now Sunderland, QPR and Hull look most likely to go. Especially after WBA 's capitulation against Leicester. Burnley are a tough team to beat, I can't bear the thought of facing them last game and needing something from it, injuries and suspensions are going to be all important against West Ham and Everton as I have down for 4 points from those games.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:23 pm

I think Leicester have left themselves too much to do. There's 2 places between Burnley, QPR, Sunderland, Hull - I think Burnley will get out of it, I think QPR will go down so it'll be a crapshoot between the Mackems and Hull. And I like Sunderland away more than Hull away so I hope it's Hull!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:32 pm

Leicester might just do it you know, they have given themselves a real fighting chance, and their run-in is kinder than those of Hull, Sunderland or QPR.

I have said all along that I think Burnley will stay up and I still believe that, they have just come out of a horrible run of games yet they're still in there scrapping away.

The Albion actually have a horrendous run-in but I think they have enough of a cushion. However if a couple of the teams below them get their act together though they could be pretty uncomfortable - losing their last two games, at home to QPR and Leicester, when they have these remaining games, could be huge:

Palace (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man U (A)
Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (H)
Arsenal (A)

As it is, I suspect they'll get a win at Newcastle and it will see them over the line.

Of course I'm not foolish enough to think we're safe yet, but I do feel like one more win (even a few draws of course) might just be enough.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:53 pm

I wouldn't mind QPR staying up though now Redknap has fucked off. I can't stand that melted-faced git and the media wankfest which comes with him.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:37 pm

I actually cheered for Chelsea when they scored. That was a nervy last ten minutes. Another good result for Villa. Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:04 pm

What a brilliant weekend of results after a really poor run of results last weekend .... Funny old game football.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:58 pm

I will be actually upset at the end of the season if we don't finish above WBA & Newcastle they have tough run ins and i think we'll just keep getting better especially with injured players coming bk.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:28 pm

@avfc85 wrote:I will be actually upset at the end of the season if we don't finish above WBA & Newcastle they have tough run ins and i think we'll just keep getting better especially with injured players coming bk.

Staying up will do me ! FA Cup in the cabinet too ! UTV !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:23 pm

Well that was the perfect weekend for Villa (minus injuries to Clark and Gabby) I feel a lot more confident we are safe now (or nearly there, one more win in my eyes) I think Hull are in big trouble and Bruce doesn't appear able to change it/Fix it. I'd like QPR to go so we can get Ramsay, it's clear TS wants him and he seems like a cracking bloke and an excellent coach.

As for Villa, a little part of me isn't too fussed if we lose the Semi Final as I don't want any distractions in us getting safe and fast, but then there's the part of me that says "This is the FA Cup and I've never seen my team win it, I just cried when we abjectly failed against Chelsea in 2000, I had just become a father and was emotional, I'll go with that 8)) So I want both, I want us to overcome Liverpool and then beat a City who are now a shambles, thus pretty much securing our EPL status....I don't want much huh?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:52 am

@GadgetMan wrote:Well that was the perfect weekend for Villa (minus injuries to Clark and Gabby) I feel a lot more confident we are safe now (or nearly there, one more win in my eyes) I think Hull are in big trouble and Bruce doesn't appear able to change it/Fix it. I'd like QPR to go so we can get Ramsay, it's clear TS wants him and he seems like a cracking bloke and an excellent coach.

As for Villa, a little part of me isn't too fussed if we lose the Semi Final as I don't want any distractions in us getting safe and fast, but then there's the part of me that says "This is the FA Cup and I've never seen my team win it, I just cried when we abjectly failed against Chelsea in 2000, I had just become a father and was emotional, I'll go with that 8)) So I want both, I want us to overcome Liverpool and then beat a City who are now a shambles, thus pretty much securing our EPL status....I don't want much huh?
Me too. I'm going to be honest, I never really forgave John Gregory for that day. I love the bloke, but I struggled with him after that day. It was a disgusting 'performance'.

As for Ramsey, I think he'll be here either way. The QPR chairman said he'd got his "ideal manager" and that he "couldn't say much", yet Ramsey only has a deal until to the end of the season. I feel like if Ramsey was Tony Fernandes' 'dream manager', he would have been given a longer deal. So Fernandes is full of shit or Ramsey is off. Possibly both  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:27 am

@VillaBill wrote:
@avfc85 wrote:I will be actually upset at the end of the season if we don't finish above WBA & Newcastle they have tough run ins and i think we'll just keep getting better especially with injured players coming bk.

Staying up will do me ! FA Cup in the cabinet too ! UTV !

That will do for me as well Bill!

Also agree about John Gregory in the FA Cup final 2000.

Chelsea played poorly but Gregory did not change things around during the game and decided to persevere with negative tactics to try and steal the trophy rather than win it with attacking football which was the biggest mistake he ever - or ever will make in football.

He will always remain someone I liked at the Villa but it's a shame as he could of left as a hero?
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:35 pm

West Brom have a shocking run. Brilliant! I don't have to state the obvious reasons why, do I?

Like others, I don't think I could watch a last day against Burnley needing points so let's hope it's all done and dusted long before then, eh?
Trotters
Trotters

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:50 pm

It'll soon be over .... one way or another!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Leicester and WBA both won difficult games today so fair play to them. Last week's unexpected win against Spurs may have been a life saver for us. Burnley's loss was good for us, and their fan's and QPR's must be looking at Leicester in absolute dismay.

It's not over yet by a long way. UTV! Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum