The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jores Okore

+31
mefromhere
FoxyAV
pcfbavfcoman
CoE82
lukevilla
GadgetMan
Dave Hall
Morpheus
Synopsis
NARLA24
kimbo
TheBadger
gdav
villabromsgrove
switters
achilles
De Kuip
EbeneezerGoode
mickeywya
Zidane
Dek of Villa
Hornso
Villa_Dan
Andy_Villa
Powell91
VillaDrew
villashrew
Tomy-Flemba
villaneil
KMitch
Trotters
35 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Jores Okore - Page 5 Empty Re: Jores Okore

Post by FoxyAV Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:56 am

pcfbavfcoman wrote:I have stated before, this is what gets lost in the outer galaxy when those making excuses for the clown pipe up. "Its injuries, if he had a full team we'd be fine"
My answer "Bollocks"
We have players out on loan, who although may not be weekly first team players, they would still boost a piss weak squad, then he starts to fall out with players and not pick them regardless of other players form, take Helinious or what ever he was called, surely to god he would give us an option to Dumb and Dumber we have up front now.
His management, his man management totally defy believe, but he is still being paid by Aston Villa Football Club, God help us.

I think a lot of us thought he was nuts buying Kozak instead of the attacking midfielder we were all crying out for. Of course we weren't to know this season's focus would be on defence, with Sanchez coming in, while Grealish would move up to the first team as that attacking mid we all want. It transpires we can neither defend nor attack, although Sanchez is looking good (at least up until the point Lambert freezes him out). Grealish is nowhere to be seen, it transpires we did need Kozak and he was starting to look good, except he's still out (anyone heard when he's coming back?) and who needs a striker who actually looked like he knew where the goal was when we can freeze him out after two or three matches and make him want out and back to Denmark as soon as possible? My wife isn't a football fan but reckons Lambert must be on someone else's payroll as well as Lerner's. If Lambert were the MD of a company dealing in large amounts of money and paying big dollar to bring in new employees to then send home on gardening leave wouldn't the CEO want to look into exactly what was going on? Lambert doesn't seem to have any tactical nous and supplements this by turning players against him. Nuts.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Jores Okore - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:05 am

If there has been a major fall out between certain players and manager why hasn't there been a whistle blower yet?
Morpheus
Morpheus

Jores Okore - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:59 am

Can't exactly blame Lambert for Helenius - did you not see the interview with him a couple of months back? Got injured then got addicted to pain or sleeping pills (I can't remember which), became depressed and suicidal so they've let him go home to try and straighten his head out.

The more I think about it the less convinced I am that Okore has been frozen out. Lambert doesn't seem to care about his own pride with these things - brought Hutton back despite the club actively trying to sell him, the same with Bent (he just doesn't rate him so won't start him, is my belief).
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:18 pm

My own opinion is that Okore hasn't played yet because other players have looked fitter and sharper in training.

When I watched him in pre season he was obviously really rusty and slow in comparison with the player he was before his injury.

I hope when he does play that he has a couple of storming games for us, in order to get his confidence back.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:52 pm

I don't know. Genuinely. I mean, last season, his insistence on playing Bacuna instead of Lowton seemed to be more of a personal issue because Bacuna at times was horrific. The Grealish situation is baffling. Darren Bent, regardless of whether or not Lambert rates him, should never have been behind Jordan Bowery in the pecking order.

I also think there is too much smoke for there not to at least be a bit of a fire here; there can't be *that* many rumours of Lambert falling out with people for there to be nothing in any of it, surely.

On the flip side, sometimes there probably are perfectly reasonable explanations, and of course there is more than we sometimes know, like Helenius.

Mind you, if I was a professional striker and saw Bowery and Holt ahead of me, I'd be fucking depressed as well...
kimbo
kimbo

Jores Okore - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Wasn't Lowton down to his off the field issues relating to fucking back off to Sheffield to live without telling the manager or club just because his missus, who doesn't fucking work and lives off him, has his bollocks in a vice and wanted to live back hear her mum?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:08 pm

kimbo wrote:I don't know. Genuinely. I mean, last season, his insistence on playing Bacuna instead of Lowton seemed to be more of a personal issue because Bacuna at times was horrific. The Grealish situation is baffling. Darren Bent, regardless of whether or not Lambert rates him, should never have been behind Jordan Bowery in the pecking order.

I also think there is too much smoke for there not to at least be a bit of a fire here; there can't be *that* many rumours of Lambert falling out with people for there to be nothing in any of it, surely.

On the flip side, sometimes there probably are perfectly reasonable explanations, and of course there is more than we sometimes know, like Helenius.

Mind you, if I was a professional striker and saw Bowery and Holt ahead of me, I'd be fucking depressed as well...

I had tried to forget about him! I still can't believe that Lambert took him albeit only on loan, depressing or what! Jores Okore - Page 5 1715320296
achilles
achilles

Jores Okore - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Denmark think he is playing well enough to captain their under 21's and we have him being Clark and Baker in the pecking order.

If you think that's based on ability you must be mad, or Lambert
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:54 pm

If Vlaar leaves in January then we have a ready made replacement in Okore without having to buy anyone else.

It's absolutely baffling why Okore isn't playing now though unless Lambert is trying to nurse him through his injury but I don't really buy that.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:57 pm

Just reading that Okore looks like playing against Saints - Vlaar has his knock, Sendo doesn't look like recovering in time, and Baker is sti struggling with his knee he injured against Wet Spam.

So the good news is Okore could be given a go. The bad? It'd be next to fucking Clark!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Going backs to Kimbo's post, I still maintain that Villa were tracking a talent, promising young striker and when we enquired about his name, someone joked that it was "Jordan Bowery". I still cannot understand how he be be paid to play football let alone pull on a Villa top.

Trotters
Trotters

Jores Okore - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:25 am

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:08 pm

I dont reckon he will. Lambert will push his injured players to get out on the pitch ahead of Okore.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:07 pm

It's worrying to read that Okores won't rule out a January move because of his need to play football. He says in an interview with Danish TV2 that he'll fight to play for Villa, but the alternative can't be ruled out.

Either he really has gone dramatically backwards since he was injured, or we're playing silly buggers with yet another promising career.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:13 pm

Cue Okore leaving and becoming the next Cahill. I'll genuinely lose my shit if he leaves in January
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:39 am

Ignoring the fans, ignoring the results, ignoring the mumbling press conferences and the general doom and gloom around the club and just focus on its assets as you would any other business and the way our assets have been devalued is nothing less than disgusting.

Players like Okore left to rot in the reserves. Delph and Vlaar not signed on new contract way before now. The bomb squad. Players like Albrighton not even spoken to but communicate that they're being released via Twitter.

It wasn't long ago that I looked at Lambut's transfers and was quite impressed: most of his signings would probably be worth more than when he bought them. But we can't say that anymore. The only players of any consequence I can think of that might have increased in value are Benteke, Guzan (fair play for getting him back in), Westwood and Grealish.

The rest of the squad could be sold tomorrow and would probably create a loss.

And it's all down to perception. They'd be considered shit players due to results. But look at this squad....go on, look!

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/FirstTeam

You tell me there's no creativity, flair, passion and goals in that squad. Because there fucking well is. You tell me that squad could go all these games with one goal and no wins. Because you couldn't. It's unfeasible.

And I dispair that the directors cannot see this. Or won't react to it.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:50 am

Albrighton was released on Twitter and not spoken to? That's outrageous. Local boy, academy graduate, Villa fan, proud to wear the shirt and he gave his all for his club (imagine if he'd been in the team early last season banging in crosses for Benteke and Kozak - I'd rather see him on the right wing now than Wiemann or N'Zog). We bemoan a lack of loyalty at clubs and then this kind of thing happens?

I'm a firm believer that we have some very good players in our team, Delph looked a completely different player in an England shirt. I have a sneaky feeling Westwood would too.

And on the news that Okore might leave in January, if it does happen please make it a loan deal in the Championship. He needs to play, we need to keep our limited options open and we can't rely on Clark and Baker.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:33 am

Was Albrighton released via twitter? I thought the news came out that we weren't offering him the wages he wanted a couple of weeks before he signed for Leicester?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:42 am

My best hope is that Okore is having his comments taken out of context, as often happens with players at all sorts of clubs when they are on international duty. I'm hoping he was just talking about a loan move for a few months to show what he can do, like he's seen his treatment table buddy Gardner do.

I'm aware I'm probably clutching at straws, but that certainly is what I hope.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:27 pm

The denial though so far is conspicuous by it's absence.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Another master stroke from our management team buying players that we do not use, we must have lost loads of money due to  Lamberts skill in the transfer market.
It will be a big mistake in given Lambert money in January.
Just hoping he is gone by then.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:23 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Albrighton was released on Twitter and not spoken to? That's outrageous. Local boy, academy graduate, Villa fan, proud to wear the shirt and he gave his all for his club (imagine if he'd been in the team early last season banging in crosses for Benteke and Kozak - I'd rather see him on the right wing now than Wiemann or N'Zog). We bemoan a lack of loyalty at clubs and then this kind of thing happens?

I'm a firm believer that we have some very good players in our team, Delph looked a completely different player in an England shirt. I have a sneaky feeling Westwood would too.

And on the news that Okore might leave in January, if it does happen please make it a loan deal in the Championship. He needs to play, we need to keep our limited options open and we can't rely on Clark and Baker.

Should be Clark on his way to a championship side not Okore, but thing is there aint a championship side where he would get in to their first team
Synopsis
Synopsis

Jores Okore - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:01 am

If the changing room is lost then I expect to see more "professional mistakes" creeping in to our game. Not obvious fuck-ups like Steve Hodge-like back-passing, but simple error that shouldn't be made.

Guzan, for me, is the stand out candidate so far. Last season he could land a ball on Benteke's head 9 times out of 10. This season he's more likely to land it on an empty seat in the trinity.

I think we'll hit double digit losses by xmas and if that's the case then it's down to the players throwing matches because there's no way a squad like Villa has should be losing with the regularity we are and scoring so infrequently.

And if it is the case that the dressing room is gone, then Lerner has a decision to make: is it cheaper to pay Lambert to fuck off or replace the players that are rebelling? of course he probably won't consider that new signings may well perform the same after a time becuase Lerner thinks the sun shines out of Lambert's arse.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:08 pm

Cannot believe people are still harping on about Albrighton.....LOLOLOLOLOL

His total lack of impact on Leicester proves the club were 100% right to let him go....and if his wage demand were anywhere near accurate....then wow, just wow!

We were well shut of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:08 pm

Cracking game from Jores tonight, why hasn't he been playing before now???? Bash
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next