The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jores Okore

+31
mefromhere
FoxyAV
pcfbavfcoman
CoE82
lukevilla
GadgetMan
Dave Hall
Morpheus
Synopsis
NARLA24
kimbo
TheBadger
gdav
villabromsgrove
switters
achilles
De Kuip
EbeneezerGoode
mickeywya
Zidane
Dek of Villa
Hornso
Villa_Dan
Andy_Villa
Powell91
VillaDrew
villashrew
Tomy-Flemba
villaneil
KMitch
Trotters
35 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Jores Okore Empty Okore on his way back...soon.

Post by Trotters Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:54 pm

From the Birmingham Mail

Jores Okore's Aston Villa comeback 'within weeks

Paul Lambert reveals injured defender is still doing light training with physios

Jores Okore’s comeback could have to wait until next month after Paul Lambert revealed the defender is still doing light training with Villa’s physios.

Jores Okore Image11

Okore is still ahead of schedule with his recovery from a ruptured cruciate ligament suffered in the home defeat to Newcastle last September.

The Danish centre-half was originally scheduled to miss the entire season, but recently it was hoped that he could return before the end of March.

Lambert is pleased with Okore’s rehabilitation, but confirmed that he has yet to resume full contact training with the rest of the squad.

“He’s doing well,” said Lambert.

“He’s outside running, which is good, so that’s a bonus. He’s probably back quicker than we thought. He’s doing a bit of work with the fitness lads, twisting and turning and moving it. He’s doing well.”

Charles N’Zogbia is still “way off” as he continues his rehabilitation programme after severely injuring his achilles heel last summer.

“He’s still doing his rehab,” added Lambert. “That injury has been pretty severe, as soon as you injure that then you have a problem. He’s doing all right with his rehab. But he’s still way off it.”
Trotters
Trotters

Jores Okore 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Jores Okore Empty Re: Jores Okore

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Good to see that he is on the road to recovery. I would try to break him in gently rather than anything else, rushing him back may do more harm than good. I really think this guy can be a great player for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Good to see that he is on the road to recovery. I would try to break him in gently rather than anything else, rushing him back may do more harm than good. I really think this guy can be a great player for us.

Agree with this. He should be eased in, even if we are looking like we could be in trouble. This guy is very young so his introduction should be as smooth and stress free as possible. Getting him on top form for the start of next season should be the priority.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:18 am

In all honesty I would just give him the odd 10 mins here and there but leave him until next season - will be like having a new signing i honestly think him and Vlaar will make a cracking partnership.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:35 am

Kozak and Clark make one, too. Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Jores Okore 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:40 am

Trotters wrote:Kozak and Clark make one, too. Very Happy

Ba Dum Tsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:52 pm

Pravda

Brad Guzan admits he can see the excitement and bubbliness returning to Jores Okore.

Okore is always smiling at Bodymoor Heath but his happiness levels have increased markedly in the past few weeks, according to Guzan.

Manager Paul Lambert revealed in his press conference before the Chelsea game that Okore was working outside in the fresh air - "twisting, turning and running" alongside the physios - after months of intense gym work.

Great Dane Okore could return to full training soon - and Guzan can see the defender's delight at that prospect first-hand.

But he did warn that the summer signing shouldn't rush back too quickly.

He said: "We're delighted that Jores is getting close. It's been terrible for him.

"Whenever you get an injury like that, it's never nice. But to get it when you first come to a club like with what happened to Jores, you really feel for him.

"He never got a chance to get going. Before he knew it, he was out for months.

"We are excited at the prospect of seeing him with us again.

"But we know, he still has a road ahead of him still. It's important not to rush back.

"He has to make sure he's confident within himself when he comes back. And I'm sure the manager won't want to bring him in and see him get injured again.

"But the fact he is getting closer to a return to full training is just great news.

"You can see his bubbliness increase and his excitement levels build. He's looking forward to it."

Guzan clearly has great confidence in the Danish centre-half too, as he spelled out his belief in the towering stopper.

He added: "We have all the confidence in the world in Jores.

"We saw a sneak peak of what he will bring to our team.

"He's a strong defender - a real unit, he has pace, class, ability - and he's hard as nails too.

"He impressed me greatly in pre-season.

"Now it's a case of him feeling ready when he comes back. It will be great to have him back.

"He will be a welcome addition no doubt.

"He's a good guy, first and foremost. He is a good person. He's just very nice.

"You wouldn't wish an injury like that on anyone, but especially someone like Jores."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:57 pm

Pravda again.

Exclusive Interview: Okore - Fan support has overwhelmed me

Jores Okore has revealed that Villa heroes past and present - and the club's magnificent fans - have inspired him during his long road to recovery.

Okore has stepped up his fitness bid over the past two weeks, training outside with the physiotherapists - as he looks to return from the serious knee injury he suffered in the game against Newcastle in September.

The central defender admits to feeling "fantastic" at the progress he's made these past six months and now can't wait to prove himself when the next season comes along.

He owes a debt of gratitude to Fabian Delph and Martin Laursen, who have taken time out to offer him big encouragement.

He said: "I feel great. I am getting along really well. Everything is improving.

"I feel really positive. It's been a really tough start to my Villa career with the injury. I was really unlucky.

"But now I am getting closer to training again with the boys so that's a massive boost. I can't wait to be back.

"Just being outside now is fantastic. It's a great feeling. To be outside running, turning and twisting feels really great. I haven't done that in a really long time. It's fantastic.

"It's a little bit tough still because you're not there yet - you're close but not quite.

"You see the boys doing things out there on the training pitches and you wish you could do them too. You want to do more. But patience is absolutely key.

"I have come a long way and this is the final stage of my recovery now. Being outside is a sign that you're getting really, really close. Now it's about biding my time.

"Looking back to the start of the season, I was so excited about joining the club. I had really high hopes. It was just incredibly unlucky what happened to me.

"I had started playing and I was beginning to show what I could do. I was finding my feet. I really felt that. I was thinking 'this is the Premier League and I am confident here.'

"I felt I was ready to go out and perform every week. I was at the point where I thought 'I have played some games and I can do well at this level.'

"But then the injury came for me. It was a really hard blow. But I am a positive person and I believe I will be back better than before. I am confident I can get out there and play well again.

"I have been keeping a very positive attitude. I have kept telling myself 'you will be out with the boys again soon.' You must always have that attitude.

"I love to play football so I have been focusing on what a great feeling it will be when I'm outside with the lads again doing full training.

"I can't wait to be with my mates. I can't wait to go out there and play for the fans too. That's the thing that has kept me going - that nice feeling of training with the boys and then walking out at Villa Park for big Premier League games.

"It's that team bond, showing great competition with each other to get the starting shirt, playing for three points every week and pulling in the same direction - I can't wait for that.

"Everyone has been really supportive - all the boys. They have all been giving me words of encouragement. They have kept me going.

"I have spoken to Fabian Delph a lot, asking him about the big injuries he has had, what to expect and how he got through them. He's been brilliant. He's helped a lot.

"Now Fabian is playing really good. He proves you can come back from injuries and be really strong in the team. That has helped me. "I have been thinking: "If Fabian can do it then so can I." He's a great example.

"His progression has been unbelievable. He's getting stronger every week. He has grown as a player. He's a big, big player for us.

"He has told me that this injury isn't a big thing - it's just a little blip and it will make me mentally stronger. That has been brilliant.

"I have exchanged a few texts with Martin too. It was good to hear from him.

"It was nice to think he took time out to check how I was. He offered me support.

"It's not always easy being a young guy coming to a new country but he was making sure everything was okay for me. You use all the support like that you can get.

"To be given the support from someone like Martin, who knows the club inside-out, has been fantastic. He has been through similar stuff to me too, injury-wise, so it was obviously good advice. He was a great player too, of course."

Okore admits to being "overwhelmed" by the level of support he has received from the claret and blue fans on social media sites like Twitter and Instagram too - as well as out and about in Birmingham.

He also spoke of a desire to be able to turn around to manager Paul Lambert in the coming months and say: "You were right to buy me."

He added: "I have to make special mention to the fans, also. They have been truly amazing. I just think it's incredible to read their messages of support.

"They don't have to - but they have taken time out of their day to wish me luck and good health. That means so much to me.

"To see them write things like 'we can't wait to see you play again' is terrific for me.

"Let me tell them here now - I can't wait to play for the fans soon too. That will mean a lot to me.

"They have been there for me. It's good that they haven't given up on me!

"Bear in mind that I haven't played a lot in the claret and blue shirt so to receive this amount of support has really touched me. I love that the fans like me.

"It's about next season for me now. I am looking forward to that. I can't wait. It can't come quick enough.

"It will be next season when I get my big chance again to prove myself. I want to show what I can do.

"The manager has been very supportive with me. He bought me - he showed great faith in me and now I want to repay him.

"He bought for me a reason - he must have believed in my ability. I will prove he was right! It's about getting up to speed, getting a good pre-season under my belt and then hopefully playing games.

"I am so determined to play well and impress and prove my ability to everyone - the players, the manager and the fans.

"I think next season will be the one that counts for me.

"I just want to be able to turn around to the manager and say 'you were right to buy me.' I want to repay his faith. I want to develop here and be the best player I can be. I want to make a difference."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:25 pm

What a very articulate young man he is. I would love for this lad to push on to become a legend in the claret and blue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:55 am

Can't wait to see Okore...I think Baker and Clark would be glad of some respite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:14 pm

We'll be offering him a new contract before long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:40 pm

The sooner he is back the better. Class player, World class.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:28 pm

He did ok(ore) for the few matches he had with us.

Whether he'll be the same after his injury is anyone's guess. The knee injury may have affected him physically and slowed him down, reduced his flexibility and may have a psychological impact in that he'll not be as hard on it, pull onto f tackles he'd otherwise go in for, etc.

Let's not expect the full Martin Laursen on his return (or ever). If we assume he might challenge Baker for his CB slot and he turns out to be better than that, great. If not, not.
Trotters
Trotters

Jores Okore 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 12:06 pm

Pravda

Okore hoping for strong partnership with Vlaar next season

Jores Okore 01026510

Jores Okore is hoping to link-up with Ron Vlaar in central defence next season.

Okore missed virtually the whole of the 2013-14 campaign with a serious knee injury.

He's already got his eye on next  term and he'd love to form a solid partnership with Vlaar.

Okore is a big admirer of Vlaar, a player he respects and rates very highly.

He said: "In my opinion, Ron has been excellent for Villa. I have been really impressed with him - as a defender and as a skipper.

"He's the rock of the defence. He's the one who has all the experience in there. Everyone looks up to him.

"He always works very hard every day at the training ground to be the best he can be. That's important to him.

"He takes responsibility for everything on the pitch. He's getting more and more confident every day too - and he seems to improve with every game.

"People forget this was only his second season in the Barclays Premier League - and he missed quite a few games the previous season. It can take time to settle but Ron is consistently strong every time he plays.

"Being a defender is really tough. There's a lot of pressure on you. But he's doing great for Villa. Hopefully he will continue getting stronger next season.

"I am up for the challenge of trying to get into the team myself.

"I feel like I had a good connection with Ron when we played together. We didn't play a great deal together but we did have a good understanding when we did. It felt good.

"But it would be the same with Nathan and Ciaran too. These are good defenders and good guys.

"We talk a lot together. There will be competition for places next season - but we're all good mates.

"Whoever plays, there will be great support from the others. We want to be strong whoever plays."

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue May 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Really like this guy. The fact that he turned down Chelsea for us because he wanted to play every week says a lot about his character. He would already be playing for a top top club, if he was a little taller, which is why I don't think anyone came in for him earlier than us. He's got the potential to be world class and I'm calling it now, he'll be our player of the season next year. He looked SOOOOO good against Chelsea in the Champions League last year.
KMitch
KMitch

Jores Okore 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villaneil Tue May 13, 2014 4:40 pm

Okore has the promise to be such a good player for us, if Fifa is anything to go by too he's unstoppable..
villaneil
villaneil

Jores Okore 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 4:44 pm

He put in a hell of a performance against Chelsea in the Champions League the season before we signed him...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Can't be any worse than Clark or Baker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 6:16 pm

I honestly think this boy will be a world beater.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue May 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Nigel Lowe wrote:Can't be any worse than Clark or Baker.
I have a shocking secret that has been eating away at me, so I've decided to ease the burden and share it. Here goes …. I like Clark and Baker, they'll get better with experience …. hopefully. Embarassed
villabromsgrove

Jores Okore 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 6:18 pm

They haven't progressed after breaking into the side in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Tue May 13, 2014 8:58 pm

Vlaar and Okore will be a beastly partnership next season. Still need decent back up IMO. Maybe keep Clark and get rid of Baker? Don't rate him at all tbh.
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Jores Okore 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:56 pm

I really hope he's half as good as we're building him up to be. Could it be a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Wed May 14, 2014 1:03 am

Genuinely cannot wait to see the Vlaar/Okore partnership in full swing. This lad has pace to spare which I think is exactly what Vlaar requires alongside him. Seems a really nice and level headed young man too which is humbling these days in comparison to Weimann and Bowery types. Wish him all the luck in the world and believe he will be the bargain of the century.
villashrew
villashrew

Jores Okore 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 9:44 am

Ian wrote:I really hope he's half as good as we're building him up to be. Could it be a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder?
That absynth is no good for you Ian. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum