The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jores Okore

+6
ember
kimbo
avfc85
Villa_Dan
VTID85
smetro
10 posters

Go down

Jores Okore  Empty Jores Okore

Post by smetro Sat May 16, 2015 3:16 pm

Clearly a talented player. But not sure if he is suited to the PL - Seems to struggle with the physical aspect of the game - and although he wins a good share of headers - the effort he needs to do it just makes me wonder if he will ever be good enough. Sure he is only young and the villa fans seem to rate him very highly. Have to say he wouldn't be my first choice next season.
smetro
smetro

Jores Okore  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Jores Okore  Empty Re: Jores Okore

Post by VTID85 Sat May 16, 2015 4:33 pm

In today's team, he didn't look great but none of the back four did. If on his return Clark can retain the form he had, I think Okore will shine more as their partnership seemed much better than having Vlaar alongside him.
VTID85

Jores Okore  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat May 16, 2015 4:36 pm

Okore will be a future top defender. We need to stick with him.

I thought Vlaar was worse today and he's "experienced"
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Jores Okore  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat May 16, 2015 4:41 pm

"experienced"

And former captain who not long ago was being linked to United, let's not forget. Happy to see him go if that's what he wants.
VTID85

Jores Okore  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun May 17, 2015 4:20 pm

Yeah the guy has an on going injury and is only 22, he will improve season by season.
avfc85
avfc85

Jores Okore  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun May 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Okore is younger than Baker and Clark, and look how much better they seem to have come on over the past year or so, Clark especially. I think Okore will be fine. I still maintain he has all the tools to be a really good defensive midfielder, but one would presume he'll stay as a centre back, and yeah, I'm sure he'll get better over the next few years.
kimbo
kimbo

Jores Okore  5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun May 17, 2015 4:27 pm

kimbo wrote:Okore is younger than Baker and Clark, and look how much better they seem to have come on over the past year or so, Clark especially. I think Okore will be fine. I still maintain he has all the tools to be a really good defensive midfielder, but one would presume he'll stay as a centre back, and yeah, I'm sure he'll get better over the next few years.

Clark looked v good when he first came on the scene but seemed to lose confidence, he has all the attributes to be a top defender in the mould of Terry/Carragher and even our forgotten son Cahill but he needs to stay focused!
avfc85
avfc85

Jores Okore  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sun May 17, 2015 5:53 pm

VTID85 wrote:"experienced"

And former captain who not long ago was being linked to United, let's not forget. Happy to see him go if that's what he wants.

I don't have any interest in what he wants, he doesn't warrant another contract. Presumably, as with most footballers at his stage in their career, he'll be looking for the "last big payday" so he'll expect a big signing on fee and an uplift on his current wages.

He can seek that elsewhere because he's been like Zog, the proverbial Curate's Egg. We've had good in parts from both of them. Both have spent a lot of their contract not playing through injury. Both have given us glimpses of tasty play and been important at times but ultimately both of them have promised more than they have delivered.

We have the chance to offload an error and injury prone player who isn't going to improve and we should take that opportunity. If the chance comes to offload the other guy who isn't going to improve, we should look at that. I could make a case for letting Zog run down his contract because at least he is contributing something now. On the other hand, if we get an offer that will put some £s in the coffers and get 50k a week off the books, I'd say we should be seriously considering it.
ember
ember

Jores Okore  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:32 pm

If I had Okore's talent and had to sit and watch Lescott, Richardson, Bacuna, Richards getting game time, I think I might say shove it too.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Jores Okore  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:32 pm

So despite this story breaking well before the newcastle game - Okore suddenley denies refusing to play for the team ! What planet are some of these guys on !

FFS - your are being very well paid - to play football - talk about not knowing when youre onto a good thing !
smetro
smetro

Jores Okore  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:38 pm

I'm still on Okore's side. His story about being dropped to the U21s for asking to play broke before anything.

Black is a clueless Super-Sugarbag
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Jores Okore  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:17 am

There's a translation someone of his interview where he says that he asked to play, gave his reasons why (Lescott and Richards being absolute shit, mostly) and backed it up with stats - could you know that Villa live and die by their poxy stats - that proved that when he played, Villa had a better chance of points (I think he said we collected 11 points in the 12 games he played as opposed to something silly like 3 or 4 when he doesn't).

He went on to say that those stats weren't down to him alone but rather a combination of the players but, aside from one Royal arse-tearing, he believed he did well.

He then went on to say that things were said between him and management that he does not regret as he felt he had to say it and was subsequently dropped into the U21's.

Trotters
Trotters

Jores Okore  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:36 am

Villa's treatment of players over the last few seasons is nothing short of disgraceful. It's little wonder we can't entice any established good professionals here, they look at what we've done over the last few seasons to the likes of Darren Bent etc and they run away as fast as is possible. It's now happening to Okore and Traore by the sound of things. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't believe Aston Villa and current day Scottish managers mix well. McLeish had no hope and couldn't connect with Villa fans, Lambert was equally woeful, and Black is continuing the trend of the Scottish manager that cannot or will not promote harmony, there always seems to be two camps in their squads. Very much a them and us attitude which is utterly outdated in this era of football. If you're reading this Jores, kudos to both yourself and Adama, give us another season!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Jores Okore  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:50 am

Trotters wrote:There's a translation someone of his interview where he says that he asked to play, gave his reasons why (Lescott and Richards being absolute shit, mostly) and backed it up with stats - could you know that Villa live and die by their poxy stats - that proved that when he played, Villa had a better chance of points (I think he said we collected 11 points in the 12 games he played as opposed to something silly like 3 or 4 when he doesn't).  

He went on to say that those stats weren't down to him alone but rather a combination of the players but, aside from one Royal arse-tearing, he believed he did well.

He then went on to say that things were said between him and management that he does not regret as he felt he had to say it and was subsequently dropped into the U21's.

He has also said - or at least strongly implied - that Black is actually lying about him refusing to go on the bench.
ember
ember

Jores Okore  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:03 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Jores Okore  5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content