The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Christian Benteke

+81
villain57
George
Leafs1201
Deano69
VTID85
WendyOz
avfc85
Saunders82
ViewFromT2
Synopsis
tonyp
DomAVFC
big ming
Andyh
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
thegaffer6
4BetLite
ejs1111
jvilla
aberdarevilla
Villa Ranger
gdav
andrew24561
Wriggle
Wookster
DaveAV1
Con
James_Curtis
fastbackace
Keyser Soze
Withes Sweatbands
StringGhost
Born Under The Holte End
MarvelVillan
bazzah
B62 Villa
UnclePanda
GodzoneVilla
Villa_Dan
lukevilla
South London Villan
Jamie Gray
Dgrizzle7
Cha Ching
mark_draper
The Utterer
Dazzle
Aesorian
VillaBill
kimbo
CoE82
FoxyAV
achilles
jeffvilla
mefromhere
NARLA24
Trotters
avfcjoe
GadgetMan
Dions_Bald_Head
Sensitive Sid
Wigteke
My Old Man
De Kuip
villabromsgrove
Dek of Villa
Green Villan
Olof Mellberg
Morpheus
mDigital
mickeywya
whiteensign
Malandro
Holte139
Finn07
Tomy-Flemba
Kaz
Thinman
villashrew
KMitch
Mazrim
85 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Christian Benteke - Page 8 Empty Re: Christian Benteke

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:25 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Living off the talent of others and a face you want to smack
Robbie Williams?
Christian Benteke - Page 8 498107619
kimbo
kimbo

Christian Benteke - Page 8 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:22 am

How about that lol! Caught red handed in that Prank by a Villa supporter! So Benteke can't wait to get out of Villa, will not be signing a new contract and he wants to play for a bigger club! Then he comes out and says pretty much as good as... He's "Done his year" and his "Agent knows what he wants and he trusts him to do it"

So looks like he was indeed reluctantly convinced to do another year for Paul Lambert and now he can't wait to go!

No wonder he didn't seem to want to be here for 3/4 of the season.. Injured my Arse...lol!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Christian Benteke - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:26 am

If that phonecall is true then his agent needs beating. What a total scumbag.

BUT I am struggling to believe someone can simple google the agent and call them directly like that
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Christian Benteke - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:33 am

Even if true - his agent to a prospective buyer 'Nah he's staying put mate' ?????

The agent makes money if the player moves.......

Weve got that geezer from Hull lined up in any case
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:40 am

Time to get the Kozak discussion thread going again...
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Christian Benteke - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:47 am

If this is genuine then I'd expect his agent to be fired immediately for being a total dick, for phoning deals in, for embarassing his client, for any number of reasons.

Trotters
Trotters

Christian Benteke - Page 8 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:25 am

His agent needs to crawl back under the rock he came from. I can see him going tbh, but, also should the meeting go well with Fox and Sherwood and he is given concrete proof that we will soon be on the right track, club will be sold, quality players coming in he may just stay but i think this is the year he goes.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:39 am

I really don't understand the ill feeling now being directed at Benteke and his agent. How can anyone be surprised Benteke would want to move on to a club that is capable of challenging for honours or playing European football? He is 24 yrs old, wants to be the best he can possibly be in the game, and be on the biggest stages. When he gave Villa that extra year under Lambert he picked up the injury that cost him a World Cup in Brazil and any potential move that summer. Villa have been stagnant in those years, mired in relegation battles and general apathy amongst supporters. If he doesn't start playing at a higher level now his career could be wasted before he knows it, why would anyone begrudge him the opportunity? It's what we all aspire to achieve in our own careers and lives.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:02 pm

I don't think anyone begrudges Benteke the chance to play for a 'top club'. His agent unfortunately looks like a caracature of a football agent and is already disliked because of his previous arrogant handling of CB's contract. He deserves all the negative vibes that he's getting.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:57 pm

I've no problems with Tekkers at all.

I just hate his agent like I hate all agents. Lying scumbags living off the talents of others
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:25 pm

Goodbye Christian, thanks for the goals!
mark_draper

Christian Benteke - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:42 pm

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/445955/Christian-Benteke-REJECT-Liverpool-Champions-League-transfer-news-gossip-rumours

So this leaves Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City.

Chelsea linked with Higuain I saw this morning, Man City have Bony...which leaves Arsenal.
Wenger said he won't be spending silly money on players...so, I think we may well see Benteke either stay put...till maybe January....or move abroad, perhaps Italy.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:57 pm

Been backed in to 2/1 to join United. Liverpool now drifted out to 9/2.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:48 pm

Maybe Bruce would consider a straight swap?

http://www.teamtalk.com/aston-villa/9875843/-?
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by aberdarevilla Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:56 pm

he will be with us one more year.
aberdarevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:41 pm

As much as i don't want him to leave he deserves the move, great player scored some great goals to keep us up time to cash in.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:58 pm

The reason why Benteke looked so one dimensional in the Cup Final is that the players to the side and behind him are one dimensional. No creativity in midfield to make that defence splitting pass so we had to resort to service from the wing. Nullify that (which Wenger did) and you are left with a powder puff attack.

Place Benteke into a team like Chelsea or indeed Arsenal with multiple quality service from either wide or through the middle and you will see how good Benteke really is.

The problem for me was that Benteke was so starved of service and so much in the pockets of the Arsenal central defence that he started to hide like a kid would behind a lamp post to avoid being seen rather than making alternate runs off the ball to at least create space.

It is my opinion therefore that we should sell him now just as long as his fee is given to Sherwood not only to find a replacement but to make us less reliant on one player and less one dimensional!
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:15 am

Good to see Benteke have a poor game for Belgium. I'm grasping at straws here but anything that gives prospective buyers pause for thought about his £32.5 million price tag has got to be good.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:41 am

Morpheus wrote:The reason why Benteke looked so one dimensional in the Cup Final is that the players to the side and behind him are one dimensional. No creativity in midfield to make that defence splitting pass so we had to resort to service from the wing. Nullify that (which Wenger did) and you are left with a powder puff attack.

Place Benteke into a team like Chelsea or indeed Arsenal with multiple quality service from either wide or through the middle and you will see how good Benteke really is.

The problem for me was that Benteke was so starved of service and so much in the pockets of the Arsenal central defence that he started to hide like a kid would behind a lamp post to avoid being seen rather than making alternate runs off the ball to at least create space.

It is my opinion therefore that we should sell him now just as long as his fee is given to Sherwood not only to find a replacement but to make us less reliant on one player and less one dimensional!

I see where you're come from but selling Benteke is not the solution. hes a once-in-a-generation striker for a club like Villa and to get rid would be foolish in the extreme. Even putting the football aside for a moment, he gives this club the kind of media exposure that you just cannot buy and is a massive draw-card with which to attract other quality footballers.

Keeping him is key. And I'm certain that any takeover will result in him staying on.
Trotters
Trotters

Christian Benteke - Page 8 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:13 pm

Trotters wrote:
Morpheus wrote:The reason why Benteke looked so one dimensional in the Cup Final is that the players to the side and behind him are one dimensional. No creativity in midfield to make that defence splitting pass so we had to resort to service from the wing. Nullify that (which Wenger did) and you are left with a powder puff attack.

I see where you're come from but selling Benteke is not the solution. hes a once-in-a-generation striker for a club like Villa and to get rid would be foolish in the extreme. Even putting the football aside for a moment, he gives this club the kind of media exposure that you just cannot buy and is a massive draw-card with which to attract other quality footballers.

Keeping him is key. And I'm certain that any takeover will result in him staying on.

Agree with all that - except I feel he is most likely to leave us this summer.

Life goes on - perhaps we have to spread the goals around the team a bit more, I would feel more comfortable if we bagged Charlie Austin !

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:50 am

Don't think you can say the players around him in his national side are "one dimensional":

http://www.goal.com/en/news/7157/euro-2016-qualifiers/2015/06/13/12678012/wilmots-lukaku-and-benteke-stood-around-like-two-poles
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:00 am

Trotters wrote:

The problem is though mate that when you stop Benteke you stop any threat we have going forward. At the Cup Final I watched Wenger take his seat pitch side before the game. He looked assured, arogant even to the point where I thought he knew they were going to turn us over.

They did that by nullifying our only threat going forward and without that we had no plan B. If we are going to signifantly improve the team around Benteke with a playmaker who can make defence splitting passes and indeed better players on the flanks giving us a plan b and c then I'm all for keeping Benteke.

However that type of quality is going to cost money, more money that our normal 20m transfer budget so if we are to improve all aspects of our team it might be better to cash in on Benteke now rather than let him run down his contract.

Benteke isn't maybe as big as an attraction as you might think concerning bringing other players to the club because if we're not prepared to pay the wages then they will choose elsewhere anyway and why would they choose a team that has been battling relegation for the past three seasons over a top 8 team?

One other slightly different point I wish to make concerning Benteke. I see Spurs have been linked to him with posters on other forums stating we should accept less than the buy out clause of 32m if it included players. Can you imagine if Levy at Spurs had Benteke on his books and clubs asking him to take less. Phone slammed down with Levy's laughter in the distance. We should stick to the valuation because as you say he is a once in a generation striker which this club may not get the opportunity to cash in on again.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:14 am

Good points Morph. We do indeed need plans B and C. I think we absolutely need to keep Benteke though as there are few better plan As and none we could conceivably replace him with.

Hopefully next season we can take some pressure off him. Give teams a nightmare from a few directions, which could make Benteke devastating.

Spurs? If he won't go to Liverpool, I can't see him going there. Unless he wants the night lights, in which case, his career might bomb.
He will either go to a champions league team in England or Germany or stay put I reckon. Can't see many players falling over themselves to play in the Europa.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Morpheus wrote:
Trotters wrote:

The problem is though mate that when you stop Benteke you stop any threat we have going forward. At the Cup Final I watched Wenger take his seat pitch side before the game. He looked assured, arogant even to the point where I thought he knew they were going to turn us over.

They did that by nullifying our only threat going forward and without that we had no plan B. If we are going to signifantly improve the team around Benteke with a playmaker who can make defence splitting passes and indeed better players on the flanks giving us a plan b and c then I'm all for keeping Benteke.

However that type of quality is going to cost money, more money that our normal 20m transfer budget so if we are to improve all aspects of our team it might be better to cash in on Benteke now rather than let him run down his contract.

Benteke isn't maybe as big as an attraction as you might think concerning bringing other players to the club because if we're not prepared to pay the wages then they will choose elsewhere anyway and why would they choose a team that has been battling relegation for the past three seasons over a top 8 team?

One other slightly different point I wish to make concerning Benteke. I see Spurs have been linked to him with posters on other forums stating we should accept less than the buy out clause of 32m if it included players. Can you imagine if Levy at Spurs had Benteke on his books and clubs asking him to take less. Phone slammed down with Levy's laughter in the distance. We should stick to the valuation because as you say he is a once in a generation striker which this club may not get the opportunity to cash in on again.

Couldn't agree more with the above.

I'm all for him staying but for me he needs more support, another man up top with pace (Sinclar) and decent wingers who are able to beat the man and whip in decent balls into dangerous areas, or defence splitting passes for sinclar pace to burn and can finish.

The F.A Cup Final showed the world just how easy he is to mark, if you cut off his supply and mark him tightly enough so he can't tun or switch play, too bing other players into the game, his an empty shirt. If we were more of a threat from the wings as much as we are upfront at times we would be a huge treat.

As for lowering the rumored 32.5m fuk that, if any team wants him thats the fee to get him, he signed the deal with those terms and was happy with them. If a club pays the money he'll go with my blessing until then utv

Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:09 pm

No idea if he's staying but his missus has some front...

Christian Benteke - Page 8 Image13
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next