The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Christian Benteke

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:20 pm

Benteke added 10 million to his value today. PL say's he's going nowhere in January, and yet if you were the manager of a top club you would be derelict in your duty if you didn't bid for CB.

Who's going to offer 35 million for one of the best Centre Forwards in the world right now?

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 68
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by jeffvilla on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:27 pm

Benteke was excellent today. Well worth 30 -40 million easy. Lets hope that someone with deep pockets doesn't come in for him. We have let enough of our best players go in the past.  
avatar
jeffvilla



Posts : 698
Reputation : 393
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 60

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by Green Villan on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Fuck that! Benteke is Villa!
avatar
Green Villan



Posts : 2083
Reputation : 328
Join date : 2014-05-07
Location : 00°41′15″N, 23°26′00″E

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by jeffvilla on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:54 pm

With you GV ohhhhh Christian Benteke Very Happy
avatar
jeffvilla



Posts : 698
Reputation : 393
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 60

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:27 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again

He's just too good for us, he's just too good for us
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4294
Reputation : 4040
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by Morpheus on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Liverpool are in desperate need of a striker so don't be surprised if they place a bid in January for him. Bony is another they will probably be in for but will get neither at least until the end of this season unless they bid Christmas Carroll money and even then it's doubtful either ourselves or Swansea would want to sell.
avatar
Morpheus



Posts : 1098
Reputation : 362
Join date : 2014-04-22
Age : 54
Location : Northern Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 pm

@Morpheus wrote:Liverpool are in desperate need of a striker so don't be surprised if they place a bid in January for him. Bony is another they will probably be in for but will get neither at least until the end of this season unless they bid Christmas Carroll money and even then it's doubtful either ourselves or Swansea would want to sell.
The January transfer window (both buying and selling) will tell us a lot about the club's intentions. I've genuinely got an open mind and will watch with interest.

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 68
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by KMitch on Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:06 pm

@villabromsgrove wrote:
@Morpheus wrote:Liverpool are in desperate need of a striker so don't be surprised if they place a bid in January for him. Bony is another they will probably be in for but will get neither at least until the end of this season unless they bid Christmas Carroll money and even then it's doubtful either ourselves or Swansea would want to sell.
The January transfer window (both buying and selling) will tell us a lot about the club's intentions. I've genuinely got an open mind and will watch with interest.

They'll go for Bony before Benteke. We'll price them out and Swansea play Moneyball. They will inquire about the big man though, but we'll tell them 50+ mill and they'll look elsewhere.
avatar
KMitch



Posts : 916
Reputation : 941
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Reno, Nevada

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by achilles on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:02 pm

Its only a matter of time, Villa have no ambition except to survive, if its not January it will be in the summer.
avatar
achilles



Posts : 1725
Reputation : 1305
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by NARLA24 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:46 pm

avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2380
Reputation : 1783
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 47
Location : Lanzarote in the sun.

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by ViewFromT2 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:16 pm


In what way?

There's only one stat that counts....and his is pathetic for a player of his ability!

Anyone with half a brain for football can tell you that Benteke, for whatever reason, has given up the ghost. In my opinion he had lost faith in Lambert, who clearly restricted his movement in the game, wanting him to stay central. It appears to me that Benteke had been told to stay out of channels and allow full backs to get forward and deliver crosses. This is all well and good, but despite our full backs getting into some wonderful positions, they couldn't cross their bloody legs!! It also means that Benteke becomes a standing target for defenders, and very, very easy to mark. Notice how deep he seems to be playing this season?

In my view, this Woollaston article is a load of crap, and Collymore (for once) is spot on.

If I'm right about Benteke, then Leicester won't know what's bloody hit them on Sunday....cos he will be like a spaniel that's just been let off lead in the park!!
He could quite conceivably hit 6/7 goals between now and May if Lambert going has given him his mojo back!
avatar
ViewFromT2



Posts : 1188
Reputation : 822
Join date : 2015-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by NARLA24 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:25 pm

@ViewFromT2 wrote:

In what way?

There's only one stat that counts....and his is pathetic for a player of his ability!

Anyone with half a brain for football can tell you that Benteke, for whatever reason, has given up the ghost. In my opinion he had lost faith in Lambert, who clearly restricted his movement in the game, wanting him to stay central. It appears to me that Benteke had been told to stay out of channels and allow full backs to get forward and deliver crosses. This is all well and good, but despite our full backs getting into some wonderful positions, they couldn't cross their bloody legs!! It also means that Benteke becomes a standing target for defenders, and very, very easy to mark. Notice how deep he seems to be playing this season?

In my view, this Woollaston article is a load of crap, and Collymore (for once) is spot on.

If I'm right about Benteke, then Leicester won't know what's bloody hit them on Sunday....cos he will be like a spaniel that's just been let off lead in the park!!
He could quite conceivably hit 6/7 goals between now and May if Lambert going has given him his mojo back!
Hope he does start scoring cause we are going to need the goals
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2380
Reputation : 1783
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 47
Location : Lanzarote in the sun.

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by Thinman on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:48 pm

We also need more from Gabby like he did a few years ago when his 5/6 goals virtually kept us up.
avatar
Thinman



Posts : 625
Reputation : 480
Join date : 2014-04-06
Location : Selly Oak

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by FoxyAV on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:20 pm

@Thinman wrote:We also need more from Gabby like he did a few years ago when his 5/6 goals virtually kept us up.

Let's hope so, I said not so long ago that I hope a new manager can get Gabby back to scoring again, I have my fingers crossed a decent kick up the arse and proper handling and he'll get his confidence back, and he's not just crap! We know the three strikers can all score goals but Lambert has managed to get them all firing blanks, if at all.
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 1736
Reputation : 1961
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by CoE82 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:04 pm

There firing blanks as they've all been feed scraps, especially tekkers, that chance on Tuesday was the 1st chance I can remember him having in 6-7 games, when confident he'd put it in the next, but lambert expect our strikers to be deadly if scraps, he seemed to go from one extreme to the next. Ie lack of possession but creating chances on the break, to having all the ball but not knowing what to do with it so not creating chances.

I suppose our next manager with show if Randy us still up for it or not.
avatar
CoE82



Posts : 401
Reputation : 238
Join date : 2014-04-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by NARLA24 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:43 pm

Fair play to Benteke. In for extra training today whilst others had the day off.
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2380
Reputation : 1783
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 47
Location : Lanzarote in the sun.

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:18 pm

@NARLA24 wrote:Fair play to Benteke. In for extra training today whilst others had the day off.

Good to know he's working hard for the cause. Cheers for that mate
avatar
GadgetMan



Posts : 3466
Reputation : 703
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 43
Location : Between a rock and a hard place

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:01 pm

Good to know he's in line to be fit for the match on Saturday!
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 1736
Reputation : 1961
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by NARLA24 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:10 pm

@GadgetMan wrote:
@NARLA24 wrote:Fair play to Benteke. In for extra training today whilst others had the day off.

Good to know he's working hard for the cause. Cheers for that mate
He is working very hard to be fit for the weekend mate.
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2380
Reputation : 1783
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 47
Location : Lanzarote in the sun.

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by mefromhere on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:56 pm

A few months ago we'd be going mad that the players had been given a day off! Now we're delighted that a player is training on his own. We've had such a lift and it's changed the whole mood of everything about the club. A little disappointed the switch wasn't made sooner because we could have had a really good season under Sherwood.

Hopefully the players who could potentially.be poached including Benteke want to be a part of our new exciting future. I know he said in the past he stayed because he was loyal to Lambert for bringing him to England and I hope that doesn't mean that now he'll be more likely to jump ship if an offer comes in because under Sherwood I really think we're looking good for next season
avatar
mefromhere



Posts : 696
Reputation : 646
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by Villa_Dan on Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:54 am

Here's a thing: it's entirely plausible to argue that our reinvigorated form stems from Benteke's ridiculously good 92nd min penalty against the Baggies. We were playing better football the weekend before against Newcastle but weren't getting the breaks, against the Baggies we were again better but still frustrating in the final 1/3 but CB20 stepped up, showed his class and set us on the way. We now look a totally different team.

His winner against West Brom could possibly be the biggest goal for the club in the last 20 years.
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4294
Reputation : 4040
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by achilles on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:05 am

Benteke to me still doesn't look overly happy, even though he scored two goals yesterday, just hope that I am wrong!
avatar
achilles



Posts : 1725
Reputation : 1305
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:23 am

Benteke's hip injury seems like an ongoing problem. He pulled out of the Belgium international training early on, which is worrying.

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 68
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by kimbo on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:55 pm

@villabromsgrove wrote:Benteke's hip injury seems like an ongoing problem. He pulled out of the Belgium international training early on, which is worrying.
I think it's more precautionary, but yes it does give an uneasy feeling about it. I just hope he can stay fit and get a proper pre-season, he'll quite possibly look like a new player, and hopefully he'll be with us next season.
avatar
kimbo



Posts : 2204
Reputation : 734
Join date : 2014-04-13
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:44 pm

I hope he can score just enough goals to keep us up, and not enough goals to get him to the top of another teams summer hit list.

villabromsgrove



Posts : 4170
Reputation : 1522
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 68
Location : Near to brilliant Brum!

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum