The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+106
Dek of Villa
Chrissylee1111
Basher
Kaz
whiteensign
supermon
Southern Villan
DaveAV1
LukeWilliamsOBE
South London Villan
jd
gdav
Morgan Villa
Villa jimmy
bryanallcott1976
Olof Mellberg
marko63
tbarrules
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
danclare82
holtehero
Nix999
Jim
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
The Utterer
StringGhost
mrshnn
Hornso
CoE82
gaffer85
ada86
Voice of reason
Saunders82
Leafs1201
VTID85
Heisenberg
tonyp
Morpheus
AVit
Trezzy
pcfbavfcoman
thinlizzy
Malandro
upthevilla76
smoke
Fpuppys
Macca68
roba19
Poseidon
Steveallen79
floyed
Withes Sweatbands
zxc
GodzoneVilla
B62 Villa
kirramp
De Kuip
heystally!
Wigteke
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Jimmycarr
villashrew
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
ember
GhostDad
Andyh
Villarocks666
VillaBill
clarryblue
larvin86
villabromsgrove
Mr Beast
Kakacroom
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Keyser Soze
jeffvilla
DN1982
Denis_B
Villa_Dan
LVBrit
SouthernVilla
TheLeftSide
DR Peters
lukevilla
Rawlie
Alpe_DHuez
Trotters
kimbo
stewiek
pooligan
River
HarryAVFC
jamavfc1
Mazrim
Mortimer1982
Dgrizzle7
viva_la_amo
RoyRace
banneruk
R1chuk
jvilla
UnclePanda
bazzah
110 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:13 am

no im not backing Lambert but its not only him to blame, the seniors I was thinking of who were maybe trouble were Dunne, Collins, Warnock etc.
Keyser Soze

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:17 am

What our club needs is a consistent policy. We're staggering around in circles like a friday night drunk. Experience out …. it costs too much! …. Young and hungry, and make a profit! …. Forget that! …. Experienced players on frees, even if no one else wants them! …. Wait a minute I've just found the TV money under the mattress, buy, buy, buy …. BYE, BYE?
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:20 am

Keyser Soze wrote:no im not backing Lambert but its not only him to blame, the seniors I was thinking of who were maybe trouble were Dunne, Collins, Warnock etc.

Yeah for sure he's not the only one, Lerner is ultimately to blame, however overall, I think he's done a bad job in a difficult situation. If you look at his time here, we've not progressed at all (as of now) hes had 2+ years and imo he's dropped the ball several times. Last summer was crucial and he messed it up big time, he had the opportunity to do then, what he is doing now, but stuck with his 'young and hungry' mantra adnwas cocky with it too and it all blew up in his face. You make a valid point re the 3 players you mentioned though. I want Lambert as far away from our club as possible, I don't like him as a manager, I never wanted him and think if it wasn't for the takeover situation, he'd be gone and we wouldn't still be discussing him
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:23 am

villabromsgrove wrote:What our club needs is a consistent policy. We're staggering around in circles like a friday night drunk. Experience out …. it costs too much! …. Young and hungry, and make a profit! …. Forget that! …. Experienced players on frees, even if no one else wants them! …. Wait a minute I've just found the TV money under the mattress, buy, buy, buy …. BYE, BYE?

Add to that, We want a footballing philosophy so let's appoint Houllier, ah he's gone, lets approach Martinez, what he won't come?! ok let's get Mcleish. WTF!! Lerner has been all over the place.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:30 am

TheLeftSide wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
TheLeftSide wrote:
Trotters wrote:I'm still not sure why people insist that we've not spent money.

Here's a breakdown of Lambert's spending (around £48m all up):

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 Image38

Trotters - not so sure on some of those figures, but even so the bigger picture is missing. As pointed out there's the wages, this is a big factor in the quality of player. But for me what's missing here is the consideration if the players sold, and the bomb squad that's been in force until this summer.

Essentially what this means is he's spent 48m (?) on a squad, not team if 11 a SQUAD. That's £48m on 22 players (I've taken cuellar and Holman off the bought column). Working out to be £2.2m a player? If the fees are correct as we know Tekkers was a good couple of mil short of that £10m fee. In the English Premier league, a SQUAD costing £48m is absolutely peanuts, teams that come up to the prem generally spend half that in their 1st season and that's adding to the squad they had already which would be be decent enough in the 1st place to get promoted.

I really don't get how anyone can say he's been backed financially for the job in hand - I would accept it IF the 48m was supplementing a squad, but not a complete rebuild.

I'm not starting a lambert good or evil discussion, I just think it's fair to point this out.

He chose to rebuild a squad, he didn't have to , it was HIS choice, we had the bomb squad that HE chose not to use (confirmed by Faulkner and has been instructed to play them this year) he had Delph, Weimann, Gabby,  add this to the bomb squad and he had a core there that he could of added too with 4/5 players, which is what he's doing this year. He's had cash, not massive amounts compared to some clubs, but enough, if used wisely, to keep us well clear of relegation. Look at the players he purchased and has now shipped out. All wasted cash. He could of saved money spent on Luna, Bennett, Tonev, Heleinus, Sylla, Bowery, KEA and easily of replaced most of those with players already in the squad. He's done a terrible job and being massively pig headed and stubborn in the process. What were doing this season, should have been done last summer, instead he bought the trash mentioned above. Lerner plays a massive part in all this, but he's by no means the only one to blame. For me lambert is just as bad as Eck, McNeil etc and one of the worst managers I've seen in my time, dreadful.
I think youll find he had to rebuild as there were problems with senior players on high wages who were seen to be trouble makers. its not as if we were European contenders the season before he came. the bomb squad was not Lamberts idea hence Huttons attitude towards him(if anything it was Faulkners as now his gone theyre back). finally, and this is a big one he has managed to take us from the red into the black. the football on display has been mostly shocking but then he can argue that his been unlucky with injuries.

Yes!! And the ego you say quite firmly he didn't have to rebuild, well that's not what all the fan base were saying all through mcleush's time is it. No the fans were calling most of the playing 11 a disgrace and not fit to wear the shirt - let's not forget what it was like the previous 2 seasons to lambert. I really feel that some people hate him so much that they can't help but put everything onto him.

Now my comment before was in response to the 48m apparently being a lot more to spend than many people realise. Like I also said I wasn't looking to start a lambert debate.

I'm firm only in as much as it's my opinion, which is no more or less valid than anybody else's. I said it at the time and repeated time and time again since, we didn't need to go down the route of young and hungry and fill a squad with unproven players we had to buy from abroad (that isn't rebuilding) he could of promoted 7/8 of the academy and not played them, which is effectively what he did last summer. I've been quite clear that ultimately the buck stops with Lerner, so I'm going to assume you don't mean me specifically when you refer to some fans hate him so much, they put everything onto him?! He's far from entirely to blame, but man, he's made a hash of it thus far. As for a Lambert debate, I think it's natural it will lead to one where there are a variety of views and thats cool. It's what the site is for. We're not here to simply pat each other on the back all the time, a healthy debate is a good thing (in the right thread haha! Very Happy)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:51 am

Trotters wrote:I'm still not sure why people insist that we've not spent money.

Here's a breakdown of Lambert's spending (around £48m all up):

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 Image38

£10mil for Benteke? thought it was more like £7mil

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:05 pm

TheEgo wrote:
Kakacroom wrote:Is the hull game live on tv

Yes, I'm sure a quick google search could have told you that though Very Happy
I've looked can't find what channel
Kakacroom

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:07 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:What our club needs is a consistent policy. We're staggering around in circles like a friday night drunk. Experience out …. it costs too much! …. Young and hungry, and make a profit! …. Forget that! …. Experienced players on frees, even if no one else wants them! …. Wait a minute I've just found the TV money under the mattress, buy, buy, buy …. BYE, BYE?

And its all being done with one purpose and that's to stay in the premier whilst its owner cuts and runs. Does not matter about the long term harm to the club, just as long has he can save face. The club comes second to Lerners own long term welfare.

Hopefully he will be a distant memory in a few weeks and we can all look forward with some hope.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Kakacroom wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

No it is not live on TV in England - it's been moved due to hull playing last night.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Kakacroom wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

That's because its not on. You will have to settle for a stream.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Kakacroom wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

It's not on Kaka, it's a rearranged match which is why it's a 1.30pm kick off.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Thanks eastie, ego a quick google and u would have figured that one
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:11 pm

Kakacroom wrote:Thanks  eastie, ego a quick google and u would have figured that one

Laughing
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Kakacroom wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

I gave you bad info Kaka, I have it live and didn't realise it wasn't been broadcast elsewhere, my apologies.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:16 pm

Kakacroom wrote:Thanks  eastie, ego a quick google and u would have figured that one

I didn't need to as I have it live Laughing so there Scarf Waving

Ps forgive my seemingly blunt reply, nothing personal, we get asked so many times to give info that if someone were to click back a page they would find it. That's not your fault though. Cheers
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:10 pm

Wow i cannot believe how quiet its gone on the takeover front. Think this is why i'm more convinced that we're going to have to wait till the end of the season before we can start to dream again.
banneruk

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:10 pm

TheEgo wrote:

Ps forgive my seemingly blunt reply, nothing personal, we get asked so many times to give info that if someone were to click back a page they would find it. That's not your fault though. Cheers

sorry to hijack the thread Ego...but can I ask which proxy service you use for Prem Pass? Good quaility?
clarryblue
clarryblue

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:12 pm

clarryblue wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

sorry to hijack the thread Ego...but can I ask which proxy service you use for Prem Pass? Good quaility?

What is Prem Pass?
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:16 pm

banneruk wrote:Wow i cannot believe how quiet its gone on the takeover front. Think this is why i'm more convinced that we're going to have to wait till the end of the season before we can start to dream again.

I'd wait another 2weeks  before fearing the worst .
Pdc said he didn't expect anything to happen until early September and we are still in august.

Last edited by Eastie on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:17 pm

PremierLeaguePass - google it
clarryblue
clarryblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:19 pm

TheEgo wrote:

Add to that, We want a footballing philosophy so let's appoint Houllier, ah he's gone, lets approach Martinez, what he won't come?! ok let's get Mcleish. WTF!! Lerner has been all over the place.

That's what made the McLeish appointment even more bizarre than normal. After MoN, Lerner decided to for a more continental approach and hired Houllier and his team. After his health issue, Martinez and the Fat Spanish Waiter were approached. They said no due to the lack of control/finances so he signed the exact opposite of those managers.

As you say, Ego, a proper WTF moment.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:22 pm

clarryblue wrote:PremierLeaguePass - google it

Seems to be a long waiting list on there too - backlog of several months apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:29 pm

Just a quick thread-hijack to welcome all the new members we've had this month.

Have a cookie and feel free to jump in anytime. :)

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 Tbar_b10
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:31 pm

Back to takeover talk. Monday sees Faulkner start at Forest and Fox at Villa. It's also transfer deadline day and the start of the month the rumoured takeover will be nearing a conclusion. Monday could be a very interesting day...
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:33 pm

We will get two new players and Forest will reduce their carbon footprint.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next