The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Apologies Paul

+26
WendyOz
CrackpotForeigner
danthemanwhocan
London Villa
kevpants
Stratfordvilla
villabromsgrove
jeffvilla
achilles
Deano69
HarryAVFC
Villa_Dan
Wigteke
KMitch
GadgetMan
any82
De Kuip
initforthevilla
Tomy-Flemba
UrmstonVilla
GodzoneVilla
villashrew
Green Villan
Trotters
USVillan
My Old Man
30 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Apologies Paul - Page 4 Empty Re: Apologies Paul

Post by CrackpotForeigner Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:51 pm

GodzoneVilla wrote:Crackpot - if you were more interested in reading some of the other threads on this forum you would see that plenty of people have been giving Lambert credit for the clubs start this season.

Then again you aren't really interested in reading other threads are you? Out of interest is it the particular nature of this thread you don't like, or any criticism of Lambert?

No, just this thread that I don't like. For all the criticism I'm getting for supposedly claiming to speak for all Villa fans, a lot of the posters in this thread carry on as though nobody would like to see the guy stick around.

When I looked at this thread there was no more recent one offering credit to Lambert, or I wouldn't have bothered.
CrackpotForeigner

Apologies Paul - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by CrackpotForeigner Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:54 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Obnoxious twat alert :wanker:

Uncanny. My obnoxious twat sensors are also flashing major warning signs.
CrackpotForeigner

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:08 pm

CrackpotForeigner wrote:
Green Villan wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:
So open your eyes TBARers. If the laughable takeover ITK nonsense wasn't enough to make eyes roll, this thread certainly is. Four pages into the thread, allow me to be the first to actually make apologies to Paul Lambert on behalf of Villa fans.

You don't speak for me nor can you tell me what to think, crap 1st posts you won't last long.

No worries. This is one site I'm more than happy to burn bridges with.

I stuggle to see why you've even taken the time to post if that is your view. We are more than happy to have a wide variety of views, we don't have to all agree (how dull would that be?!) however that kind of attitude isn't warranted or welcome.

Guys can we stick to disagreeng in a respectful manner like we normally do. Thank you Apologies Paul - Page 4 3769219917

Last edited by TheEgo on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Apologies Paul - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:08 pm

CrackpotForeigner wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
Obnoxious twat alert :wanker:

Uncanny. My obnoxious twat sensors are also flashing major warning signs.

Its obvious youve come over here for a knock, so instead of playing big and clever behind your keyboard, come and meet me at the Sportsmen in Harborne. I will be there from eight thirty, so come and tell me how much a better fan you are and how wrong we all are. Lets see if you argue without your keyboard Laughing at You
My Old Man
My Old Man

Apologies Paul - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:10 pm

TheEgo wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:
Green Villan wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:
So open your eyes TBARers. If the laughable takeover ITK nonsense wasn't enough to make eyes roll, this thread certainly is. Four pages into the thread, allow me to be the first to actually make apologies to Paul Lambert on behalf of Villa fans.

You don't speak for me nor can you tell me what to think, crap 1st posts you won't last long.

I stuggle to see why you've even taken the time to post if that is your view. We are more than happy to have a wide variety of views, we don't have to all agree (how dull would that be?!) however that kind of attitude isn't warranted or welcome.

Guys can we stick to disagreeng in a respectful manner like we normally do. Thank you Apologies Paul - Page 4 3769219917

The twat has come over from VT to put us all in our place. Look at the tone of his posts. Bet the fucker does not even know what Villa Park looks like.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:13 pm

My Old Man wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:
Green Villan wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:

The twat has come over from VT to put us all in our place. Look at the tone of his posts. Bet the fucker does not even know what Villa Park looks like.

According to his profile he has been once in 2001 against Fulham - his own words in his opening post !

Have a pint for me den Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:16 pm

My Old Man wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:
Green Villan wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:

I appreciate that mate. It will be dealt with. For now I'd ask that you refrain from giving him the attention he seems to crave.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by CrackpotForeigner Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:20 pm

TheEgo wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:
Green Villan wrote:

I stuggle to see why you've even taken the time to post if that is your view.

Fwiw it wasn't my view until the "crap 1st posts you won't last long" bit. A Villa fan site is by nature a good site, you'd think.
CrackpotForeigner

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:23 pm

CrackpotForeigner wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:
Green Villan wrote:

I stuggle to see why you've even taken the time to post if that is your view.

Fwiw it wasn't my view until the "crap 1st posts you won't last long" bit. A Villa fan site is by nature a good site, you'd think.

So one posters view is now representative of a whole site? I don't think it works like that. Not on here or any forum I've ever posted on. IF you're happy to burn bridges, I'd ask that you leave it there and post wherever you prefer. Cheers
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:24 pm

There have been many who have given credit to lambert for the start of the season - myself included - he deserves credit this season so far .

The thread was opened after a rather fiery incident that saw one of our members ejected during a row in the orient game and he apologised by opening this thread - t wasn't about the last 2 seasons for which lambert deserves the criticism.

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:28 pm

A read of the takeover thread will educate any poster of the views on Paul Lambert. It was discussed as length and without a drop of blood spilt. Id suggest anyone in doubt take a read
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by CrackpotForeigner Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:33 pm

TheEgo wrote:I appreciate that mate. It will be dealt with. For now I'd ask that you refrain from giving him the attention he seems to crave.

Seriously, I'm not a career troll. I just happen to think that Lambert has done more than alright given the totally appalling circumstances, and I'm not seeing much recognition of that (or the circumstances) on this site.

I'm being accused of calling myself a better fan, when people are pointing to how often I've been to VP compared to themselves! (It's pretty tricky to get there from the exact opposite side of the world).

I'm also being told not to speak for others and then being told to "do us all a favour (and fuck off)"!

So draw your own conclusions as to whether I should be burned at the stake, banned from the site or whatever, I couldn't care less after all this.
CrackpotForeigner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:37 pm

You are more than welcome to put your views across crackpot but please try to do it in a less provocative manner , your opinion on lamberts overall tenure may differ to most - thats your opinion and their opinion - doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong .

I believe he is very lucky not to have been sacked many times over in the last 2 seasons and results and performances have been dire - credit so far this season - he seems to have got his act together .

Last edited by Eastie on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:38 pm

TheEgo wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:
Green Villan wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:

I appreciate that mate. It will be dealt with. For now I'd ask that you refrain from giving him the attention he seems to crave.

No problem mate :)
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:48 pm

CrackpotForeigner wrote:
TheEgo wrote:I appreciate that mate. It will be dealt with. For now I'd ask that you refrain from giving him the attention he seems to crave.

Seriously, I'm not a career troll. I just happen to think that Lambert has done more than alright given the totally appalling circumstances, and I'm not seeing much recognition of that (or the circumstances) on this site.

I'm being accused of calling myself a better fan, when people are pointing to how often I've been to VP compared to themselves! (It's pretty tricky to get there from the exact opposite side of the world).

I'm also being told not to speak for others and then being told to "do us all a favour (and fuck off)"!

So draw your own conclusions as to whether I should be burned at the stake, banned from the site or whatever, I couldn't care less after all this.

We don't rush into banning people on here or burning them at the stake Apologies Paul - Page 4 1715320296 We'd rather just keep things civil and respectful. You'll notice I did ask ALL to keep it respectful. I'd much rather we debate the point, rather than each other, far less likely to cause a problem.

I don't believe you to be a troll, however comments like you've made can be seen in that light. Not your Lambert comments ironically. He has many fans on here, as I said take a read of the takeover thread, there's quite a few pages of praise for him. That said, who are we to dictate the agenda and what people can and cannot say (so long as it isn't offensive) I believe this site to be rational and fair, If you disagree, that is fine, just do so in the right way.

We don't need to burn bridges and can move on from this and draw a line. There's plenty of varied discussion and differing views, so either get involved or post somewhere you feel your views are more aligned with. Choice is a great thing matey Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by CrackpotForeigner Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:51 pm

Eastie wrote:You are more than welcome to put your views across crackpot but please try to do it in a less provocative manner , your opinion on lamberts overall tenure may differ to most - thats your opinion and their opinion - doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong .

I believe he is very lucky not to have been sacked many times over in the last 2 seasons and results and performances have been dire - credit so far this season - he seems to have got his act together .

There's no denying that the last THREE seasons have been worse than rubbish. But it's way too easy to just hang it all on the manager of the last two. Lambert showed his ability at Norwich, and unless we think we could attract an obviously better manager than him, I say we should get behind him and try to be a bit understanding of the budget and injury problems. It's not going to help him or the club if we're on his back.

Apologies for being a bit provocative in my first post in this thread, but I was wound up by what I'd read.
CrackpotForeigner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:54 pm

CrackpotForeigner wrote:
Eastie wrote:You are more than welcome to put your views across crackpot but please try to do it in a less provocative manner , your opinion on lamberts overall tenure may differ to most - thats your opinion and their opinion - doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong .

There's no denying that the last THREE seasons have been worse than rubbish. But it's way too easy to just hang it all on the manager of the last two. Lambert showed his ability at Norwich, and unless we think we could attract an obviously better manager than him, I say we should get behind him and try to be a bit understanding of the budget and injury problems. It's not going to help him or the club if we're on his back.

Apologies for being a bit provocative in my first post in this thread, but I was wound up by what I'd read.

No worries , you are entitled to that view mate - blame can be attached at lerner, lambert, coaching staff and players over the last 2 years - lets hope this is a new start for all - so far so good .
Have a look around the site mate - it's a lot friendlier than you may have seen so far .

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:59 pm

CrackpotForeigner wrote:

That's good of you and appreciated. I honestly think there's a good percentage of people who still back Lambert on here, twitter and other forums. I think we have no choice but to get behind him and most people are (I don't seriously think he reads TBAR haha! and I know he doesn't like twitter) however doesn't mean we have to forget two very poor years, even with the restrictions he's had. Add to the debate, you may help (me for starters) see it from a different perspective.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by CrackpotForeigner Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:05 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Its obvious youve come over here for a knock, so instead of playing big and clever behind your keyboard, come and meet me at the Sportsmen in Harborne. I will be there from eight thirty, so come and tell me how much a better fan you are and how wrong we all are. Lets see if you argue without your keyboard Laughing at You

No, thanks, for four reasons:

1. I'm on the wrong continent to pop into the Sportsmen in Harborne at eight thirty
2. I'm much better at arguing WITH a keyboard
3. I fight like a girl
4. I'd much rather stay in the virtual world and continue to virtually kick your virtual arse :)
CrackpotForeigner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:07 pm

CrackpotForeigner wrote:
My Old Man wrote:

1. I'm on the wrong continent to pop into the Sportsmen in Harborne at eight thirty
3. I fight like a girl
4. I'd much rather stay in the virtual world and continue to virtually kick your virtual arse :)

Our den is a lovely chap once you get to know him Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by CrackpotForeigner Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:11 pm

TheEgo wrote:I don't seriously think he reads TBAR.

My theory on this (and it's just a theory!) is that fan sites do have an effect on the mood in the ground on matchday, and relentless barracking of manager or players on the sites leads to things being shouted out at the ground that might not be otherwise.

Another theory: When managers or players get abused and then go on to great things, they tend to remember the abuse when better offers at bigger clubs come up.

So that's why I think it matters in a small way. But that could well be bollocks.
CrackpotForeigner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:13 pm

CrackpotForeigner wrote:

My theory on this (and it's just a theory!) is that fan sites do have an effect on the mood in the ground on matchday, and relentless barracking of manager or players on the sites leads to things being shouted out at the ground that might not be otherwise.

Another theory: When managers or players get abused and then go on to great things, they tend to remember the abuse when better offers at bigger clubs come up.

So that's why I think it matters in a small way. But that could well be bollocks.

Need I say more Apologies Paul - Page 4 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:29 pm

CrackpotForeigner wrote:
My Old Man wrote:

3. I fight like a girl

Fair play, I don't agree with you opinion, but this reply did make me smile.. MoM you should of offered to buy him a drink first :)
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:32 pm

CrackpotForeigner wrote:

Sorry but this is bullshit, on what do you base this? I'm not being a twat or a "better fan" but you said in your introduction that you've been to VP ONCE!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:05 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:

Sorry but this is bullshit, on what do you base this? I'm not being a twat or a "better fan" but you said in your introduction that you've been to VP ONCE!

He did say it was a theory and and ended it by saying it could be B*ll*cks. It's just an opinion, I Don't personally agree, however let's give reasons as to why it's not accurate, the same as I asked CF to outline why we should have faith in Lambert. It all adds to the discussion imo
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next