The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Paul Faulkner

+28
achilles
DancinPete
UnclePanda
Chris
Poseidon
AVit
AndyLochhead
AstonThriller
upthevilla76
Jim
jvilla
CTVillan
Synopsis
Mykey38
Green Villan
pcfbavfcoman
cgale
South London Villan
Withes Sweatbands
holtehero
GodzoneVilla
Trotters
The Utterer
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Keyser Soze
Dek of Villa
villabromsgrove
32 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Paul Faulkner Empty Paul Faulkner - club statement !

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:48 am

Latest news regarding Paul Faulkner.

The Club can confirm that Paul Faulkner will step down as Villa Chief Executive.

Prior to his joining Villa, Paul had worked closely with Villa Chairman Randy Lerner in a variety of capacities within his organisation.

Having discussed his re-engaging with the Chairman's broader business while remaining involved with Villa in a non-operational role, agreement could not be reached.

On the strength of many productive years together, and a longstanding friendship, Paul has parted on good terms.

He has offered his support to the Villa organisation to ensure a smooth transition.

Robin Russell, who was recruited by the Chairman in 2006 to come in as Chief Financial Officer, and with whom he has now worked for more than 20 years, will step in as acting Chief Executive to maintain continuity.

Paul Faulkner said: "I would like to thank Randy Lerner for the opportunity to become involved with Aston Villa and for the relationship we built over years, which pre-dated my time at the Club.

"To the Villa fans, I am grateful for their support over the years, and for their passionate love for and loyalty to this great club, which deserves the very best.

"I would like to make particular reference to the wonderful Villa staff both at Bodymoor Heath and Villa Park. They are an incredible group of people and it's been a privilege to lead and work with them on a daily basis. Villa is best in class in so many ways off the field and I only hope that success on the pitch follows.

"I feel very humbled to have been able to spend such a long period of time amongst such special people at such a special club and I wish them, Paul Lambert and the squad all the very best for the future as I look to embark on the next stage of my career and a new challenge."

The Villa Chairman also added: "Paul has been fantastic in his role at Villa and more broadly as a colleague over the years. I offer him my deepest thanks."

Back to top Go down

Paul Faulkner Empty Re: Paul Faulkner

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:53 am

One down , two to go !

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 am

Third line of the statement …. looks like the sack to me!

Or

Surplus to requirements due to new owner!
villabromsgrove

Paul Faulkner 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:57 am

Well does that mean the games afoot!?

Last edited by Dek of Villa on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Paul Faulkner 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:59 am

did he jump or was he pushed?
Keyser Soze

Paul Faulkner 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:00 am

"Having discussed his re-engaging with the Chairman's broader business while remaining involved with Villa in a non-operational role, agreement could not be reached."

Reads to me that a potential new owner has met with him, told him he would bring in his own CEO and that there's no space for Faulkner so he's going to follow Randy onto his next project
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Paul Faulkner 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:01 am

villabromsgrove wrote:Third line of the statement …. looks like the sack to me!

Or

Surplus to requirements due to new owner!

Russell and Doogan are just as clueless so the ship carries on towards the rocks.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Paul Faulkner 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:03 am

Why would Randy offer Faulkner the chance to remain involved with AVFC in a non operational role while becoming his personal assistant yet again? It would be humiliating for PF unless a takeover is underway.
villabromsgrove

Paul Faulkner 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 am

If Randy still wanted PF to be involved in his own business affairs then they haven't fallen out. Seems like the end game to me. Robin Russell is just an accountant and would not be expected to oversee transfers or even the day to day running of the club, so it has to be a very short term decision.

This either means that a sale is imminent or Lerner has finally flipped …. I'll go with the former.
villabromsgrove

Paul Faulkner 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 am

Given lamberts close relationship with faulkner I hope he now does the honourable thing and finally resigns as well as manager .

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:37 am

Sounds to me like a "Time to get out" heads up from Randy...

7th July-Randy announces he is coming back in to ensure we are strong enough for the season ahead.

8th July-Paul Faulkner having had discussions with Randy announces his departure with nice press releases from both.

Surely has to be a "time to get out Paul" from Randy. I do wonder if Randy's reappearance to "ensure we are strong enough for the season ahead" is more like a "Go back to work to clear your desk" thing prior to the new owners taking over?

I'm a great believer in "Action speaks louder than words" and so far the words & the actions are very different.

The words: "Re engage to ensure we are ready footballing wise for the new season"

The action: "Paul Faulkner leaves"

Very different don't you think?
The Utterer
The Utterer

Paul Faulkner 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:40 am

I do think that things are underway now - I believe we are closer to a deal than many of is thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:47 am

Howard works fast, doesn't he? Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Paul Faulkner 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:57 am

villabromsgrove wrote:If Randy still wanted PF to be involved in his own business affairs then they haven't fallen out. Seems like the end game to me. Robin Russell is just an accountant and would not be expected to oversee transfers or even the day to day running of the club, so it has to be a very short term decision.

This either means that a sale is imminent or Lerner has finally flipped …. I'll go with the former.

Eight weeks ago I would have agreed with you.

Now - I am not so sure.

Yesterday we were focusing on the coming season - today the CEO leaves.. Jeez talk about contradictory - surely Randy knew this might have been coming yesterday? hardly focusing is it. Mind you I am not certain Randy even wrote yesterday's statement. It seemed way to lucid to follow his ramblings of 8 weeks ago.

I have given up guessing what that man thinks (not that I have a right to know anyway.) Not very impressed with PF to be honest, but I would imagine he would have more nous than go of his own accord the day after the owners focus statement. Therefore he must have been pushed.

Sigh whatever will be will be... however I would add that atm I am surprised if Lerner's right leg knows what his left leg is doing... therefore rather than Lerner's doing it must be prospective new owner doing the pushing.

Just would like it all done with soon.
GodzoneVilla

Paul Faulkner 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by holtehero Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:58 am

Beer Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Scarf Waving Drink 
holtehero

Paul Faulkner 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:58 am

Trotters wrote:Howard works fast, doesn't he? Very Happy

Laughing 

Now that would be quick work indeed. lol! lol! 
The Utterer
The Utterer

Paul Faulkner 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:05 am

Going over the possible scenario's, the one I keep coming back to due to the wording of the statement, is that there's been a row between Lerner and Faulkner over the sale of the club. I wonder if Faulkner has worked hard to get good offers on the table only to be knocked back due to Lerner's unrealistic terms and he's decided that enough is enough?

If that's the case, it's bad news.
Trotters
Trotters

Paul Faulkner 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:10 am

Trotters wrote:I wonder if Faulkner has worked hard to get good offers on the table only to be knocked back due to Lerner's unrealistic terms and he's decided that enough is enough?

I thought Faulkner wasn't involved in the sale? That BOAML were managing that side, and PF was keeping the lights on day-to-day?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Paul Faulkner 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:10 am

Either way it's given us hope again after a few weeks of nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:21 am

Faulkner appeared to be learning the job as he went on which means another poor business decision from Lerner.

And talking of poor business decisions, I would imagine Faulkner got rather fed up with taking the flake over so many made by Randy and while our very own version of reclusive Howard Hughes -keeps himself locked away in his gilded cage in USA.

Anyway, once a club is for sale he most likely would be asked to move on but at least he would have got a pay off so does that mean something IS afoot?

Time will tell.
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Paul Faulkner 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:24 am

Trotters wrote:Going over the possible scenario's, the one I keep coming back to due to the wording of the statement, is that there's been a row between Lerner and Faulkner over the sale of the club. I wonder if Faulkner has worked hard to get good offers on the table only to be knocked back due to Lerner's unrealistic terms and he's decided that enough is enough?

If that's the case, it's bad news.

I think your glass is a little more than half empty trotters ... I think HH said PF wasn't involved in the takeover business in any way and was concentrating on running the club ... It does seem very odd though so maybe just maybe something is occurring ....
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Paul Faulkner 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:31 am

Just read only 9000 season tickets sold - surely it can't be that low can it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:34 am

Maybe he wasn't involved directly but I feel sure he'd have first hand knowledge of it.
Maybe he's seen good offer after good after get mangled by Lerner? After all, Lerner got an outrageous price for the Browns so maybe he thinks he'll get the same for the Villa.

As it stands, I'm hoping this is the first indication that a new deal has been done...but I'm not so sure.

Trotters
Trotters

Paul Faulkner 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:38 am

Who will be the last man standing, Randy or Paul?
South London Villan
South London Villan

Paul Faulkner 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:41 am

South London Villan wrote:Who will be the last man standing, Randy or Paul?

Both will soon be gone hopefully .
By the way check your pm message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next