The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Apologies Paul

+26
WendyOz
CrackpotForeigner
danthemanwhocan
London Villa
kevpants
Stratfordvilla
villabromsgrove
jeffvilla
achilles
Deano69
HarryAVFC
Villa_Dan
Wigteke
KMitch
GadgetMan
any82
De Kuip
initforthevilla
Tomy-Flemba
UrmstonVilla
GodzoneVilla
villashrew
Green Villan
Trotters
USVillan
My Old Man
30 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Apologies Paul - Page 2 Empty Re: Apologies Paul

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Shit comedians get heckled. Shit performances get heckled. I don't see the difference, fans have a right to voice their opinion. If it was in the street then Lambo has every right to respond as he chooses but not when he's representing the Villa during/after a match
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Apologies Paul - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:34 pm

Fair play. About time someone told Lamberk what for

He's a disgrace
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Apologies Paul - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:43 pm

TheEgo wrote:MOM are you on Twitter? I'd get this out to as many people as possible. I've mentiomed it but not knowing what actually happened, difficult to say too much. If you give me the lowdown either here or via PM I can make sure it gets to one of our local journos over email. An eye witness account.

Only thing is it would need to be as Impartial as possible and if you don't want to get yourself in any trouble.

I am not the aggrieved party, it was not me whom Lambert said that to. We got there just after it happened and its what the chap told us after and the reason he was so irate. I'm just happy to drop the matter since anger clears to see things more clearly. Stewards were doing there job so fair play to them.

As you can tell, I can be quite emotional when it comes to Villa, and that performance, the tactics, the pure basics were a utter disgrace and its not the first time. After they scored, I lost it a little and did something I would not normally do, let the manager know we are not happy with his performance. I should know better, but Villa is kin to me.

Whether Lambert should receive abuse or not, is not the issue. The issue is that he made a tense situation worse by responding. As a professional, you do not do that. The stewards are there for that and he made their job harder too. It inflamed the whole thing which would otherwise of been people just venting their frustration and then being moved on.

But it really is not for me to make anymore of this, since I was stupid getting involved in the first place.

My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Shit comedians get heckled. Shit performances get heckled. I don't see the difference, fans have a right to voice their opinion. If it was in the street then Lambo has every right to respond as he chooses but not when he's representing the Villa during/after a match

Exactly. And why shouldn't he receive heckles after that performance?

I have no idea what was occurring behind there during the whole match, and if he was getting it then, well its a no from me. You try and get behind the team. We went there after they scored.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:58 pm

My Old Man wrote:
TheEgo wrote:MOM are you on Twitter? I'd get this out to as many people as possible. I've mentiomed it but not knowing what actually happened, difficult to say too much. If you give me the lowdown either here or via PM I can make sure it gets to one of our local journos over email. An eye witness account.

Only thing is it would need to be as Impartial as possible and if you don't want to get yourself in any trouble.

I am not the aggrieved party, it was not me whom Lambert said that to. We got there just after it happened and its what the chap told us after and the reason he was so irate. I'm just happy to drop the matter since anger clears to see things more clearly. Stewards were doing there job so fair play to them.

As you can tell, I can be quite emotional when it comes to Villa, and that performance, the tactics, the pure basics were a utter disgrace and its not the first time. After they scored, I lost it a little and did something I would not normally do, let the manager know we are not happy with his performance. I should know better, but Villa is kin to me.

Whether Lambert should receive abuse or not, is not the issue. The issue is that he made a tense situation worse by responding. As a professional, you do not do that. The stewards are there for that and he made their job harder too. It inflamed the whole thing which would otherwise of been people just venting their frustration and then being moved on.

But it really is not for me to make anymore of this, since I was stupid getting involved in the first place.

Fair enough mate. Maybe right to Villa and explain your involvement/or not.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Incidently, ive seen mentioned elsewhere that it was actually Delph and NOT Lambert whom swore.

My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:05 pm

I wasn't at the match, but listening to the match on Talk Sport over here in the States, it sounded like we had many opportunities to win the match (2 1v1s Bent had with the goalkeeper, Bacuna's missed sitter, Grealish hitting the woodwork, Baker's free header that went just over, etc). That's just 5 opportunities I can remember. Can't blame the manager if the team doesn't take their chances. Hopefully, this will be a wake up call for the squad and they'll turn up on Sunday with a performance.

On another note, I think it's hilarious that every time we lose, Lambert is the worst manager in history and we need to get rid of the man, but when we scrape by with an undeserved point or a win with 35% possession he "got his tactics right" and the torches/pitchforks are set aside for another week.
KMitch
KMitch

Apologies Paul - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:10 pm

KMitch wrote:I wasn't at the match, but listening to the match on Talk Sport over here in the States, it sounded like we had many opportunities to win the match (2 1v1s Bent had with the goalkeeper, Bacuna's missed sitter, Grealish hitting the woodwork, Baker's free header that went just over, etc). That's just 5 opportunities I can remember. Can't blame the manager if the team doesn't take their chances. Hopefully, this will be a wake up call for the squad and they'll turn up on Sunday with a performance.

On another note, I think it's hilarious that every time we lose, Lambert is the worst manager in history and we need to get rid of the man, but when we scrape by with an undeserved point or a win with 35% possession he "got his tactics right" and the torches/pitchforks are set aside for another week.

My pitch fork and torches have never gone back in, I want the clueless mumbling twat gone NOW! I never wanted him here and never will, he will never win me and most fans over, he's at the point now no thanks to himself where he makes the slightest mistake he is going to get lots of grief and rightfully so, he's lied to fans, insulted us and treated our club like we're all dick heads, tenure is impossible if you ask me.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano69 Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:12 pm

I WAS at the match.

We DID NOT have plenty of chances to win the match.

Their keeper made an 'ok' save for one chance, the rest were no more than half chances.

Of the few there were, Orient the better chances. Us losing two or three nil was more likely than us even getting one.

Lambert picks the team. Lambert decides the formation and tactics. Lambert instills the belief and confidence in the players. Lambert is in charge of making subs at the right time.

Lambert failed on all counts last night. It's not the first time though, and, unfortunately, it won't be the last.
Deano69
Deano69

Apologies Paul - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:30 pm

The comparisons to other entertainment forms are good. But comedy clubs aren't necessarily accurate due to the admission price. I'd suggest maybe a West End theatre ticket is more comparable in price.

Now what if you went to a show and all the actors bar 3 or 4 forgot their lines? Would you be making comments like "well, they NEARLY got them on a couple of occasions so can't really blame the director for that". And what if you went the next week and the very same thing happened? And the week after that?

At what stage would you get the complete shits and throw something? A tomato or a piece of furniture maybe.

If it was a fiver to get in, the food and drinks prices were cheap and the entertainment fair on a regular basis, I don't think many would complain. But the prices you have to pay to have your weekend ruined over and over is just amazing.

I pay about the price of one match for a months worth of satellite tv that, to be honest, only goes on watching the Villa and the amount of times I've wanted to put my foot through the TV is countless. If I had to pay four times that, plus travel and food/drinks only to watch that shit week in, week out, I'd probably be saying something and I'd probably feel it'd be my right to do so as well.

Nothing seems to be changing. Four cup games against shit teams, four loses and Lambert sets yet another new shitty record.

That fan who blew up probably just said what most of the crowd were thinking anyway so it's a sure sign that if Lambert hasn't already lost the fans completely, he's only a couple of matches away from doing so.
Trotters
Trotters

Apologies Paul - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:36 pm

any82 wrote:Sometimes you lose matches. Sometimes you don't play very well. Sometimes this happens more often than other times. Not once has there ever been a moment that Paul Lambert has shown signs that he doesn't care or isn't trying. The problem last night was the finishing and poor crosses, these are things that Lambert cannot account for.

Maybe Lambert should be allowed to pay your boss £15 to go to your place of work and call you a C**t when things are tough?

Finishing and poor crosses that were made by players that Lambert bought/inherited, subsitute them if they are not performing, Lambert is accountable for what happens on the pitch otherwise what accountability does Lambert actually have?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by any82 Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Trotters wrote:
Now what if you went to a show and all the actors bar 3 or 4 forgot their lines? Would you be making comments like "well, they NEARLY got them on a couple of occasions so can't really blame the director for that". And what if you went the next week and the very same thing happened? And the week after that?

Only Darren Bent stumbled over a few words, a few others weren't convincing in their acting. The rest were perfectly fine. But I guess that's what happens when you produce a Broadway show on Panto money.

achilles wrote:
any82 wrote:Sometimes you lose matches. Sometimes you don't play very well. Sometimes this happens more often than other times. Not once has there ever been a moment that Paul Lambert has shown signs that he doesn't care or isn't trying. The problem last night was the finishing and poor crosses, these are things that Lambert cannot account for.

Maybe Lambert should be allowed to pay your boss £15 to go to your place of work and call you a C**t when things are tough?

Finishing and poor crosses that were made by players that Lambert bought/inherited, subsitute them if they are not performing, Lambert is accountable for what happens on the pitch otherwise what accountability does Lambert actually have?

He signed two goalscorers who are injured, and otherwise has had no budget to work with.
any82

Back to top Go down

Post by any82 Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Shit comedians get heckled. Shit performances get heckled. I don't see the difference, fans have a right to voice their opinion. If it was in the street then Lambo has every right to respond as he chooses but not when he's representing the Villa during/after a match

Shit comedians get heckled by arseholes.
any82

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Ok no budget. I fully understand that. What about the free market. There are plenty of out of favour strikers on the books. Look at manure not united. They cant wait to shift players out. Ok PL has limited resources to work with. Just like the millions of people at work on a daily basis. Remember we have so many players out on loan now it is hard to keep track. Gardner for one would have been 100% better than Cole last night. No good saying you have no resource if you keep giving it away.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Apologies Paul - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:52 pm

any82 wrote:

You seem quite knowledgeable about this. Are you a comedian? Have you been heckled? It's ok, this is a safe place. Let it out.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by any82 Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:58 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
any82 wrote:

You seem quite knowledgeable about this. Are you a comedian? Have you been heckled? It's ok, this is a safe place. Let it out.

So do you, are you an arsehole?
any82

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:59 pm

any82 wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
any82 wrote:

So do you, are you an arsehole?

I've never heckled a comedian but I am yes.

I'm not the one being so weirdly defensive about this though.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by any82 Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:02 pm

The one being defensive is the fan who can dish out the abuse but can't handle being called a 'prick'.

PS. It's because I am Paul Lambert
any82

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:11 pm

any82 wrote:The one being defensive is the fan who can dish out the abuse but can't handle being called a 'prick'.

He is? Because I haven't seen that fan posting here once....
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:30 pm

I know this thread polarises emotions and opinions, but let's keep it respectful guys. Beer
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by any82 Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:19 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
any82 wrote:The one being defensive is the fan who can dish out the abuse but can't handle being called a 'prick'.

If he wasn't, this thread wouldn't exist, would it?
any82

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:27 pm

I think everyone needs a pint and a deep breath.
I thought the most disappointing thing about last night was the reaction to the defeat. Not MOM and his mates losing the plot, but the general air of acceptance about the place. Lambert should be criticised for the way he set up the team last night, one up front is negative. But I don't agree that everyone has the right to verbally abuse him personally just because they paid to get in. The way to show disapproval is in my opinion the way we got rid of oleary, banners and the publicity they led to. Remember the we're not fickle banner? People getting dragged out of the ground just gives the hierarchy a chance to argue that the fans are generally onside, except for a few. I'm not even remotely a lambert fan, but I'm amazed at how little criticism there has been of players, Richardson, given, Westwood, bent. Lambert is a problem, if he was replaced, how much higher would we finish? 13th?
Stratfordvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by kevpants Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Nobody in any position should be expected to accept verbal or physical abuse from anybody while performing their duties. It doesn't matter if they are a paying customer. I'd imagine you can stick your argument about being a lifelong fan and paying their wages, I doubt the club want your money, hence the barring order.

Also, if you get the chance to do what you've said you would to Roy's face, please video it.
kevpants

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Stratfordvilla wrote:I think everyone needs a pint and a deep breath.
I thought the most disappointing thing about last night was the reaction to the defeat. Not MOM and his mates losing the plot, but the general air of acceptance about the place. Lambert should be criticised for the way he set up the team last night, one up front is negative. But I don't agree that everyone has the right to verbally abuse him personally just because they paid to get in. The way to show disapproval is in my opinion the way we got rid of oleary, banners and the publicity they led to. Remember the we're not fickle banner? People getting dragged out of the ground just gives the hierarchy a chance to argue that the fans are generally onside, except for a few. I'm not even remotely a lambert fan, but I'm amazed at how little criticism there has been of players, Richardson, given, Westwood, bent. Lambert is a problem, if he was replaced, how much higher would we finish? 13th?
Good post Sv.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:50 pm

any82 wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

If he wasn't, this thread wouldn't exist, would it?

Well its obvious you can not read then. I guess we should all stand by your high standards and sheepish qualities. Glad your happy with the drivel served up and hope you enjoy the relegation ride. Apologies Paul - Page 2 3769219917
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next