The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Apologies Paul

+26
WendyOz
CrackpotForeigner
danthemanwhocan
London Villa
kevpants
Stratfordvilla
villabromsgrove
jeffvilla
achilles
Deano69
HarryAVFC
Villa_Dan
Wigteke
KMitch
GadgetMan
any82
De Kuip
initforthevilla
Tomy-Flemba
UrmstonVilla
GodzoneVilla
villashrew
Green Villan
Trotters
USVillan
My Old Man
30 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Apologies Paul - Page 5 Empty Re: Apologies Paul

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:18 pm

Lambert's results over the last two seasons have been unacceptable. The home form and the terrible football have been worse than some other managers would have achieved with the same squad Imo. Lerner set the parameters, but even so Lambert has under performed.
villabromsgrove

Apologies Paul - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:48 pm

TheEgo wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:
TheEgo wrote:I don't seriously think he reads TBAR.

My theory on this (and it's just a theory!) is that fan sites do have an effect on the mood in the ground on matchday, and relentless barracking of manager or players on the sites leads to things being shouted out at the ground that might not be otherwise.

Sorry but this is bullshit, on what do you base this? I'm not being a twat or a "better fan" but you said in your introduction that you've been to VP ONCE!

He did say it was a theory and and ended it by saying it could be B*ll*cks. It's just an opinion, I Don't personally agree, however let's give reasons as to why it's not accurate, the same as I asked CF to outline why we should have faith in Lambert. It all adds to the discussion imo

I've seen nor heard nothing on a match day which makes me think things said on an Internet forum lead to them. If anything, I hear less. Yes when we were losing I'd hear boos but those screaming for Lambert's head on a spike online we're not doing so at the games.

I can't provide solid proof, just from actually being at the game...
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:01 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:

My theory on this (and it's just a theory!) is that fan sites do have an effect on the mood in the ground on matchday, and relentless barracking of manager or players on the sites leads to things being shouted out at the ground that might not be otherwise.

Sorry but this is bullshit, on what do you base this? I'm not being a twat or a "better fan" but you said in your introduction that you've been to VP ONCE!

He did say it was a theory and and ended it by saying it could be B*ll*cks. It's just an opinion, I Don't personally agree, however let's give reasons as to why it's not accurate, the same as I asked CF to outline why we should have faith in Lambert. It all adds to the discussion imo

I've seen nor heard nothing on a match day which makes me think things said on an Internet forum lead to them. If anything, I hear less. Yes when we were losing I'd hear boos but those screaming for Lambert's head on a spike online we're not doing so at the games.

I can't provide solid proof, just from actually being at the game...

Agreed Dan, I hate Lambert but on match day you chant your heart out, sing and back the team, I've boycotted over Lerner for a few games but it's gutting not going to Villa Park..
Green Villan
Green Villan

Apologies Paul - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:47 am

Crackpot if you feel being on here chatting bollocks like a clown will earn you special mentions over on VT, carry on.

And a big congratulations for being one of the first spelling/grammar nazis on this site. We love those! It's a shame there's not more better fan than you/better spoken than you fans around.
Trotters
Trotters

Apologies Paul - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by CrackpotForeigner Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:07 am

Trotters wrote:Crackpot if you feel being on here chatting bollocks like a clown will earn you special mentions over on VT, carry on.

And a big congratulations for being one of the first spelling/grammar nazis on this site. We love those! It's a shame there's not more better fan than you/better spoken than you fans around.

In my defence I don't usually go grammar nazi unless the person has said something like "do us all a favour and fuck off", which in some ways is almost a bit offensive.

CrackpotForeigner

Apologies Paul - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by CrackpotForeigner Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:25 am

TheEgo wrote:I asked CF to outline why we should have faith in Lambert.

Okay, here goes:

He got Norwich to three successive promotions, and was doing pretty well in the PL with them when Villa somehow persuaded him to take the poisoned chalice.

The club has no money to spend. Managers like to have money to spend. We aren't going to attract a nailed-on guaranteed genius of a manager to come in to take his place. Yes, we could take a risk and appoint an up and coming manager with little track record, but that is more likely to backfire than not, and we haven't had much margin for error lately.

Back to it again: Money. The stuff we don't have much of. I don't know the figures, but it's a safe bet that Aston Villa have been one of the very lowest-spending clubs during Lambert's reign. If a new owner comes in with more cash, then great: Lambert has spent well when he's been allowed to spend more than 3 or 4 million. If no new cash arrives, then so be it: Lambert has done brilliantly at getting cheap players in. Yes, it's true that only maybe half of his cheap signings have worked out, but cheap signings are cheap for a reason: usually they don't work out.

He persuaded Roy Keane to come to the club as assistant manager. Not only is Keane a legend of a footballer (despite having played for that dreadful club for so much of his career), but he's someone who has managed a PL club on his own in the past, and overall not done disastrously.

Each year he has made the squad stronger than the previous year's. Last year was a freak, with the injuries to Zog, Okore, Benteke and Kozak.

And now for my final reason: We're currently, temporarily, probably-only-until-5pm-on-Saturday, SECOND in the league, despite all the injury and budget woes.

Some people bleat about the totally pathetic, unacceptable results (and they HAVE been totally pathetic and unacceptable), which is one thing, but come on, we must be able to look further than the manager's door to find the reasons. I'm sure Lambert himself would admit that he could have done things better, no manager does everything perfectly. But the real reasons are budget and bad luck with injuries.

There you have it from someone who's only been to VP, yes, I know: once. I am definitely a better fan than most of you lot though because in my lifetime I've spent roughly 40% of my total time in the Midlands at Villa Park itself :)
CrackpotForeigner

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:43 am

CrackpotForeigner wrote:
TheEgo wrote:I asked CF to outline why we should have faith in Lambert.

Okay, here goes:

He got Norwich to three successive promotions, and was doing pretty well in the PL with them when Villa somehow persuaded him to take the poisoned chalice.

The club has no money to spend. Managers like to have money to spend. We aren't going to attract a nailed-on guaranteed genius of a manager to come in to take his place. Yes, we could take a risk and appoint an up and coming manager with little track record, but that is more likely to backfire than not, and we haven't had much margin for error lately.

Back to it again: Money. The stuff we don't have much of. I don't know the figures, but it's a safe bet that Aston Villa have been one of the very lowest-spending clubs during Lambert's reign. If a new owner comes in with more cash, then great: Lambert has spent well when he's been allowed to spend more than 3 or 4 million. If no new cash arrives, then so be it: Lambert has done brilliantly at getting cheap players in. Yes, it's true that only maybe half of his cheap signings have worked out, but cheap signings are cheap for a reason: usually they don't work out.

He persuaded Roy Keane to come to the club as assistant manager. Not only is Keane a legend of a footballer (despite having played for that dreadful club for so much of his career), but he's someone who has managed a PL club on his own in the past, and overall not done disastrously.

Each year he has made the squad stronger than the previous year's. Last year was a freak, with the injuries to Zog, Okore, Benteke and Kozak.

And now for my final reason: We're currently, temporarily, probably-only-until-5pm-on-Saturday, SECOND in the league, despite all the injury and budget woes.

Some people bleat about the totally pathetic, unacceptable results (and they HAVE been totally pathetic and unacceptable), which is one thing, but come on, we must be able to look further than the manager's door to find the reasons. I'm sure Lambert himself would admit that he could have done things better, no manager does everything perfectly. But the real reasons are budget and bad luck with injuries.

There you have it from someone who's only been to VP, yes, I know: once. I am definitely a better fan than most of you lot though because in my lifetime I've spent roughly 40% of my total time in the Midlands at Villa Park itself :)

I've tried to take you seriously but you seem like the same sugarbag that infected another blog with your crap. You are a troll and I'm surprised you haven't been fucked off yet. You only come on here to cause trouble just like another member who I'll not name. Take your shit somewhere else pal. If mod's had any sense you'd ban this twat.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by CrackpotForeigner Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:50 am

Green Villan wrote:I've tried to take you seriously but you seem like the same sugarbag that infected another blog with your crap. You are a troll and I'm surprised you haven't been fucked off yet. You only come on here to cause trouble just like another member who I'll not name. Take your shit somewhere else pal. If mod's had any sense you'd ban this twat.

What the actual...?

I can only assume you were confused by my attempt at self-deprecating humour in the last paragraph, because even if you don't agree with the rest of the post, it's hardly trolling.
CrackpotForeigner

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:08 am

CrackpotForeigner wrote:
Green Villan wrote:I've tried to take you seriously but you seem like the same sugarbag that infected another blog with your crap. You are a troll and I'm surprised you haven't been fucked off yet. You only come on here to cause trouble just like another member who I'll not name. Take your shit somewhere else pal. If mod's had any sense you'd ban this twat.

What the actual...?

I can only assume you were confused by my attempt at self-deprecating humour in the last paragraph, because even if you don't agree with the rest of the post, it's hardly trolling.

Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 Apologies Paul - Page 5 1815562058 look at the monkey :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by CrackpotForeigner Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:14 am

Just...WOW.
CrackpotForeigner

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:40 am

Ok I let this play out a little as I had dairy we were all going to be sensible and adult like about it.

CF I appreciate your post re PL and you raise some good and valid points which cetrainly add to the debate (of which I'll add my own later)

GV Your past post is OTT matey. I don't think there's anything in the post you commented on to warrant the response you gave. I asked people to be respectful and it's not a big ask.

CF apologised for a rocky start and has since posted in a respectful manner. I don't feel there's a need to be banning anyone right now. Mistakes are made we're all human. Can we please now move on from any personal comments and stick to debating the subject. As you know we aren't fond of using the banning, unless someone is here to blatantly cause trouble, I don't think this is the case here. Cheers lads Apologies Paul - Page 5 1015550615 Scarf Waving

Ps no wonder you guys are crabby, you're up late/early Wowzer! Have coffee, lots of it Laughing
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:42 am

TheEgo wrote:Ok I let this play out a little as I had dairy we were all going to be sensible and adult like about it.

CF I appreciate your post re PL and you raise some good and valid points which cetrainly add to the debate (of which I'll add my own later)

GV Your past post is OTT matey. I don't think there's anything in the post you commented on to warrant the response you gave. I asked people to be respectful and it's not a big ask.

CF apologised for a rocky start and has since posted in a respectful manner. I don't feel there's a need to be banning anyone right now. Mistakes are made we're all human. Can we please now move on from any personal comments and stick to debating the subject. As you know we aren't fond of using the banning, unless someone is here to blatantly cause trouble, I don't think this is the case here. Cheers lads Apologies Paul - Page 5 1015550615 Scarf Waving

Ps no wonder you guys are crabby, you're up late/early Wowzer! Have coffee, lots of it Laughing

He's a wind up merchant.

Don't know how you got to your conclusion from putting a load of emoticons but guess you don't read my posts half the time anyway.

Apologies Paul - Page 5 HumanCentiPad01_press
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:52 am

Green Villan wrote:
TheEgo wrote:Ok I let this play out a little as I had dairy we were all going to be sensible and adult like about it.

He's a wind up merchant.

Don't know how you got to your conclusion from putting a load of emoticons but guess you don't read my posts half the time anyway.

I'm confused GV (it maybe the 3 hrs sleep ive had) what conclusion do you think ive come to? my comments were aimed at your last two posts, the conclusion is pretty easy to draw. I have to take a balanced and objective view and I try and be as fair as possible.mwe can continue this over pm if you wish?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:57 am

TheEgo wrote:
Green Villan wrote:

He's a wind up merchant.

I'm confused GV (it maybe the 3 hrs sleep ive had) what conclusion do you think ive come to?  my comments were aimed at your last two posts, the conclusion is pretty easy to draw. I have to take a balanced and objective view and I try and be as fair as possible.mwe can continue this over pm if you wish?

He's been on the wind up since post one, maybe you are his pal I don't know but he's the type of person i thought I'd be avoiding on a forum such as this but you have all let him go on with his bull shit and give me the grief.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:59 am

The Noser won't even PM me back so he's bating right there.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:59 am

If sent you a PM GV. Let's draw a line under this now and move on.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:00 am

Ok as its early and Im the only one around and need to get children ready for school. I'm going to lock this thread for a bit so folks can calm down a bit. Cheers
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:12 am

No worries , I will keep an eye on things in here - come on now chaps, crackpot got off to a very dodgy start but his recent posts seem fair enough and his views have been put across in a reasonable manner .

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:04 am

Eastie wrote:No worries , I will keep an eye on things in here - come on now chaps, crackpot got off to a very dodgy start but his recent posts seem fair enough and his views have been put across in a reasonable manner .

Couldn't agree more Eastie - I disagreed with CF's first post almost as soon as he posted it. However he apologised for going OTT on that post, and since then I think he has reasoned his points fairly.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:16 am

Just to add I wanted lambert to get the job on the back of the great job he did at Norwich - I've been hugely disappointed by his reign here so far however - I think he has had money to spend and this bomb squad idea was farcical in the extreme - if as some say it was at lerner s insistence then lambert should have resigned there and then.
If it was lamberts idea he should have been fired there and then .

That said we are where we are and what matters in the present and future - this season has been encouraging so far and lambert deserves some credit for that .

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:44 am

I'm a little disappointed that Crackpot hasn't responded to or acknowledged my post Sad
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:45 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I'm a little disappointed that Crackpot hasn't responded to or acknowledged my post Sad

Given that he's the other side of the world he may be in bed.

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:52 am

Come on guys, are we not all being a little precious here? We won't allow a culture where people are shot down and singled out. CF has apologised for any offence caused in his first few posts. MOVE ON.

The idea of this forum is everybody's opinion is welcomed, even if it is different from our own. Many posters have come here from other forums complaining of cliques. Let's not create our own please.

Right back to Mr Lambert.....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by CrackpotForeigner Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:41 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
CrackpotForeigner wrote:

Obviously neither of us can prove anything either way, but seeing as you ask what I base this on, well: human nature, innit?

If people spend all week reading posts by people about what a terrible player or manager so-and-so is, it stands to reason that they're more likely to boo or moan at the player or manager when a mistake is made. There's a herd mentality element to it - nobody wants to be the only one in the ground booing.

Then there's the "feelgood factor". Personally I believe that:

a) What we read on the 'boards affects the feelgood factor to whatever small degree, and
b) The level of feelgood factor affects the vibe and the mood in the crowd, and
c) The vibe and the mood in the crowd affects the players

I may only have been to VP once (Yes, ONCE, everybodyyyy!!), but believe it or not I've been to other grounds around the world, so a stadium packed with football/sports fans isn't a completely alien environment to me. I don't know if I'm right about this, as I've said, and I don't believe it's the be-all and end-all of football success by ANY means, but I do believe it has an effect, and that's why I sometimes turn into a keyboard warrior when I see a lot of poorly-considered, negative shit written about the people who we hope are going to win football games for Aston Villa. Does that answer your question?

I will now use the following emoticon, purely because I like it: Apologies Paul - Page 5 1420239857
CrackpotForeigner

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:50 am

I think you're entirely wrong.

I don't even think there's much to discuss so I'll just leave you to it.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next