The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+117
Sean
Macca68
jvilla
MinnyVilla
Rawlie
villashrew
BatemansBusinessCard
R1chuk
jamavfc1
didiersix
supermon
larvin86
ejs1111
Villa1967
pcfbavfcoman
Hornso
bakerbob
tbarrules
danclare82
JCH
Jim
marko63
GhostDad
UnclePanda
AVFClee
boltblaster
Jo64
davevilla
andrew24561
The Utterer
Synopsis
Dek of Villa
Mr_Spadge
B62 Villa
jd
Villa_Dan
RoyRace
lawman1248
Mazrim
Saunders
Longboy
The Great white walnut
villasubmariner
DN1982
Wigteke
therailboy
pablo23uk
Kakacroom
lukevilla
South London Villan
Leafs1201
Morgan Villa
Steveallen79
gaffer85
roba19
VillaBill
BournVilla
Government Agencey
Jimmycarr
Andyh
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
omariqy
kimbo
USVillan
De Kuip
tonyp
Jpmangel
gdav
Villarocks666
Olofsbeard
Green Villan
Fpuppys
Classof13
Heisenberg
My Old Man
CoE82
Saunders82
Olof Mellberg
Trezzy
thinlizzy
Morpheus
bazzah
AVFCTT
initforthevilla
DelboyVilla
banneruk
UrmstonVilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Denis_B
TED
johnny from donny
Mr Beast
Wookster
heystally!
Keyser Soze
mickeywya
James_Curtis
GadgetMan
HarryAVFC
mini_ beest
Coseley Villa
Southern Villan
viva_la_amo
Thinman
Suits
Malandro
TheLeftSide
Withes Sweatbands
thetrees
Muzz
mrshnn
GodzoneVilla
Trotters
ember
AstonThriller
clarryblue
villabromsgrove
121 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by GadgetMan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:34 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
jimbop wrote:
My Old Man wrote:On a brighter note, i thought Sanchez looked a cut above the rest last night. Think the club should start stocking up on those Sanchez wigs! 8)

defo mate, he looked quality and just what we need protecting the back four, his passing is slick as fock!

To right, lets hope he stays fit.

A bit of a moan now lol, but can anyone tell me the sense behind playing Cole near to Bent when his experience would of been more productive sitting deeper, and with Grealish in that more forward position?

For two guys that were quality midfielders, you would think that Keane and Lambert would have sorted ours out by now. Its our major problem and has been for quite a while and i am beginning to see that the underlying reason for it is the stupid system he is trying to play.
When Cole signed I think he said that he was looking forward to playing the number 10 role. Perhaps Lambert promised him that?

That's Cole's position imo he said he came here to play centrally in the hole. His legs have gone to play any deeper. He's just not fit enough right now and neither is Bent. Too little football over the last few years. We will have to see if either can rediscover any kind of form
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:36 pm

jd wrote:If Cleverley is signed for the price that is being thrown around on Twitter (not reliable, I know), around £7-8 million, that'd suggest there's more funding available unless we're selling Vlaar or it's a part exchange. Optimistic conclusion from this would be it's funding from a new owner tongue

Could be more with Lerner looking at last nights gate and panicking:mutley:
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:36 pm

So do we all think Randy is fronting the money for these new transfers and 4 year contracts or new investment/owner splashing the cash? Hope to god it's the latter and it is all sorted in September.
villashrew
villashrew

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:36 pm

B62 Villa wrote:The Ego
It may well be a US owner, but I can't see it happening until next summer . The usmanov detective work was brilliant, Yachts tracked planes tracked, google maps of docks, maps showing distances, MI5 have got fuck all on this site. The best work since the restaurant phone call in New York

Yes a very well organised set of logisitcs and info. Re the takeover, it's all opinions mate, I think/hope it will be sooner. I think the next two weeks will be key imo
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:37 pm

B62 Villa wrote:The Ego
It may well be a US owner, but I can't see it happening until next summer . The usmanov detective work was brilliant, Yachts tracked planes tracked, google maps of docks, maps showing distances, MI5 have got fuck all on this site. The best work since the restaurant phone call in New York

They should employ TBAR in tracking terroists Laughing
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:40 pm

villashrew wrote:So do we all think Randy is fronting the money for these new transfers and 4 year contracts or new investment/owner splashing the cash? Hope to god it's the latter and it is all sorted in September.

Just to add to this that if it is a new owner and Tom Fox's players coming in does anyone else worry about the slight lack of ambition by signing a Cleverly type?
villashrew
villashrew

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:42 pm

TheEgo wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:Not much takeover talk on here. Wonder why...

Don't worry the spies are out watching Lerner's plane and Usmanov's yacht for any more coincidental meetings? Suspect

Usmanov won't be buying villa. It will be a US owner in my opinion. Doesn't mean the Usmanov stuff wasn't fun though. Great detective work all round Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 3769219917

It was brilliant! Plus it kept me entertained for what looked to be heading towards a very boring week at work!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Personally, I think it's Randy putting the cash up at the minute( it's only £6.7m this window to date), the length of the contracts are misleading, he doesn't expect to be here for their full 4 year length. He is doing just enough to keep us in the top flight, grab the TV cash before we are offloaded.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:53 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:Not much takeover talk on here. Wonder why...

Don't worry the spies are out watching Lerner's plane and Usmanov's yacht for any more coincidental meetings? Suspect

Usmanov won't be buying villa. It will be a US owner in my opinion. Doesn't mean the Usmanov stuff wasn't fun though. Great detective work all round Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 3769219917

It was brilliant! Plus it kept me entertained for what looked to be heading towards a very boring week at work!
I'm still hoping the Usmanov connection will materialise. I've got no facts to back up any kind of link, but he'd make a damn fine impact on AVFC!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by jd Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Re-energised, Lerner? Don't believe that for one second. If it is his money being spent it's purely because  a PL Villa is more saleable than a Championship Villa.
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:31 pm

villashrew wrote:
villashrew wrote:So do we all think Randy is fronting the money for these new transfers and 4 year contracts or new investment/owner splashing the cash? Hope to god it's the latter and it is all sorted in September.

Just to add to this that if it is a new owner and Tom Fox's players coming in does anyone else worry about the slight lack of ambition by signing a Cleverly type?

Not sure. It could be that we are just trying to get through to January, when new owners will be in a better position to put their own influence on things?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:32 pm

jd wrote:

Re-energised, Lerner? Don't believe that for one second. If it is his money being spent it's purely because  a PL Villa is more saleable than a Championship Villa.

Its PR bullshit. He does not give a toss, that much is evident.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:42 pm

Only gets worse if Randy is planning on staying
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:43 pm

If Lerner was "re-energised about the Villa" then surely he would've come out and said so, and been to a game?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:44 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:If Lerner was "re-energised about the Villa" then surely he would've come out and said so, and been to a game?

exactly, and he said that he would only make a statement again when we are sold

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:46 pm

It must just be a desperate attempt to try and sell tickets

There will be bellow 30 thousand on Sunday
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:51 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:It must just be a desperate attempt to try and sell tickets

There will be bellow 30 thousand on Sunday

nah mate, cant be to sell tickets,sumet like that wouldn't be enough to fill the place

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:00 pm

I thought we got Fox in so we would stop wasting money ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:If Lerner was "re-energised about the Villa" then surely he would've come out and said so, and been to a game?

My thoughts, nailed. I've wondered a couple of times he's decided to have another go at it but I'm sure, with season tickets on offer, that he'd get a PR genius (outsourced, obviously) to draft an announcement as such. Something to get the fans going, etc.

But if this was the case then his number one job would be to take half the money rumoured to be going to Man Utd for Cleverley and use it cleverly to fuck Lambert off.

The silence and his lack of attendance at his own club when he's been around this neck of the woods for me, speaks volumes.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:02 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:I thought we got Fox in so we would stop wasting money ?

fergie would disagree - "He is a very clever footballer. He has got a quick brain in terms of appreciation of passing," Ferguson said. "He gives us more ammunition in midfield which a few months ago everyone was starting to worry about."

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:05 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:I thought we got Fox in so we would stop wasting money ?
He doesn't start his job for a few days, so Lambert's current thinking might be that if he want's to waste money he'd better do it quickly. Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 1662365926
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:06 pm

He's a good passer who will liven us up in midfield but could the 8 mill not have been spent on a quality forward instead ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Trotters wrote:

My thoughts, nailed. I've wondered a couple of times he's decided to have another go at it but I'm sure, with season tickets on offer, that he'd get a PR genius (outsourced, obviously) to draft an announcement as such. Something to get the fans going, etc.

But if this was the case then his number one job would be to take half the money rumoured to be going to Man Utd for Cleverley and use it cleverly to fuck Lambert off.

The silence and his lack of attendance at his own club when he's been around this neck of the woods for me, speaks volumes.

I don't think it would even need that much - if Lerner came out to the fans and said "the last fews years I lost touch with the club and it's fans, the direction of the club and results were both allowed to drop considerably. After looking to sell I realised that my heart is still with AVFC. As such I have decided to remain, we have cleared our loses now and, to stay in line with FFP, I have decided to release £105m for transfers over the next 2 years"
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DancinPete Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:11 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:could the 8 mill not have been spent on a quality forward instead ?

We've got Benteke and Kozak back in a few weeks. We don't need another pricey striker. If we're going for a front man then a short term loan would be best. What we DO need is a winger
DancinPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:12 pm

Cleverley - there is nothing clever about that (see what I did there!!)

IMO this would be an utter waste of time and money.
Players like him look half decent because of the team they are playing in (yes, even now!!) and being surrounded by top quality players.
In our team he would be no better than what we have now, he would NOT improve our team.

For Cleverley, read Djemba,Djemba.
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next