The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+117
Sean
Macca68
jvilla
MinnyVilla
Rawlie
villashrew
BatemansBusinessCard
R1chuk
jamavfc1
didiersix
supermon
larvin86
ejs1111
Villa1967
pcfbavfcoman
Hornso
bakerbob
tbarrules
danclare82
JCH
Jim
marko63
GhostDad
UnclePanda
AVFClee
boltblaster
Jo64
davevilla
andrew24561
The Utterer
Synopsis
Dek of Villa
Mr_Spadge
B62 Villa
jd
Villa_Dan
RoyRace
lawman1248
Mazrim
Saunders
Longboy
The Great white walnut
villasubmariner
DN1982
Wigteke
therailboy
pablo23uk
Kakacroom
lukevilla
South London Villan
Leafs1201
Morgan Villa
Steveallen79
gaffer85
roba19
VillaBill
BournVilla
Government Agencey
Jimmycarr
Andyh
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
omariqy
kimbo
USVillan
De Kuip
tonyp
Jpmangel
gdav
Villarocks666
Olofsbeard
Green Villan
Fpuppys
Classof13
Heisenberg
My Old Man
CoE82
Saunders82
Olof Mellberg
Trezzy
thinlizzy
Morpheus
bazzah
AVFCTT
initforthevilla
DelboyVilla
banneruk
UrmstonVilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Denis_B
TED
johnny from donny
Mr Beast
Wookster
heystally!
Keyser Soze
mickeywya
James_Curtis
GadgetMan
HarryAVFC
mini_ beest
Coseley Villa
Southern Villan
viva_la_amo
Thinman
Suits
Malandro
TheLeftSide
Withes Sweatbands
thetrees
Muzz
mrshnn
GodzoneVilla
Trotters
ember
AstonThriller
clarryblue
villabromsgrove
121 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:28 pm

VillaBill wrote:First time I have seen Grealish in the flesh, he was very good, an elusive player, he seemed to show the opposition the ball only to move it at the last moment , he will win us a lot of free kicks !
He should be in against Hull, I thought Sanchez, Hutton, Senderos & Baker did ok too !
Before I get shot down , I apologise if one of these were at fault for the goal , I could not see from the Holte who fcuked up !

agree with everything you've said villabill, apart from baker, hes a liability and had 3 point blank headers that didn't even go close

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by TheLeftSide Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I thought Cole looked OK considering he's overwight and with zero pre-season. But he can't be relied upon.

Grealish and Sanchez both played well IMO Hutton and Senderos also. One thing which pissed me off was the fans screaming at Sanchez to shoot - fucks sake, he's a defensive midfielder, who can't cross and has suspect passing, no fucking way will he be shooting from 30 bloody yards!

I thought the same as well. My daughter said to me why are they booing him, which then made me think I wonder if he knows the fans are saying shoot bearing in mind he doesnt speak English (unless I'm mistaken) or would he also be thinking he's being booed?? Can imagine him running around thinking WTF have I done to deserve this Very Happy
TheLeftSide
TheLeftSide

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:49 pm

TheLeftSide wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:I thought Cole looked OK considering he's overwight and with zero pre-season. But he can't be relied upon.

Grealish and Sanchez both played well IMO Hutton and Senderos also. One thing which pissed me off was the fans screaming at Sanchez to shoot - fucks sake, he's a defensive midfielder, who can't cross and has suspect passing, no fucking way will he be shooting from 30 bloody yards!

I thought the same as well. My daughter said to me why are they booing him, which then made me think I wonder if he knows the fans are saying shoot bearing in mind he doesnt speak English (unless I'm mistaken) or would he also be thinking he's being booed?? Can imagine him running around thinking WTF have I done to deserve this Very Happy

exactly what I thought mate, it does sound like booing

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLeftSide Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:51 pm

She also said to me though why are the fans calling the players bent, I had to explain it was darren bent, that was a wide open eye conversation which I was left thinking how do I approach that Laughing
TheLeftSide
TheLeftSide

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Someone by me asked why he was getting booed as well!
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:52 pm

TheLeftSide wrote:She also said to me though why are the fans calling the players bent, I had to explain it was darren bent, that was a wide open eye conversation which I was left thinking how do I approach that Laughing

ha ha ha, that tickled me matey lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:59 pm

TheLeftSide wrote:

My missus asked me the same thing. Only difference is she's 22! In her defence she only regularly started going to footy matches last season and got her first season ticket for the Villa this year after moving from London
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
TheLeftSide wrote:

My missus asked me the same thing. Only difference is she's 22! In her defence she only regularly started going to footy matches last season and got her first season ticket for the Villa this year after moving from London

fair play matey, have you told her to expect a rollercoaster ride being a villa fan! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 1715320296

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:05 pm

jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
TheLeftSide wrote:

fair play matey, have you told her to expect a rollercoaster ride being a villa fan! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 1715320296

I think she realised that quite quickly last season. But she's half Italian and emotional so it's a good opportunity for her to vent her spleen without me catching grief! I know when she's pissed off as she starts ranting and swearing in Italian lol!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Not much takeover talk on here. Wonder why...
viva_la_amo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:10 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:Not much takeover talk on here. Wonder why...

Damn, there isn't a 'yawn' emoji....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:11 pm

The club implemented a shrewd plan to distract from the impending takeover by being embarrassed by a league 1 side....
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:

The club implemented a shrewd plan to distract from the impending takeover by being embarrassed by a league 1 side....

Haha genius. :)

Come one theEgo. I ain't posted in ages.
viva_la_amo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Villan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:15 pm

What's the reaction to last nights game in the non takeover thread mate? Presumably even more depressed? Very Happy
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:18 pm

On a brighter note, i thought Sanchez looked a cut above the rest last night. Think the club should start stocking up on those Sanchez wigs! 8)
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:20 pm

My Old Man wrote:On a brighter note, i thought Sanchez looked a cut above the rest last night. Think the club should start stocking up on those Sanchez wigs! 8)

defo mate, he looked quality and just what we need protecting the back four, his passing is slick as fock!

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:20 pm

It's hard to be optimistic after that shambles last night. I've just had some "we go again tablets" but they evidently don't work for Villa fans anymore, unless they're taken with a Takeover.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:24 pm

Don't worry the spies are out watching Lerner's plane and Usmanov's yacht for any more coincidental meetings? Suspect
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:26 pm

jimbop wrote:
My Old Man wrote:On a brighter note, i thought Sanchez looked a cut above the rest last night. Think the club should start stocking up on those Sanchez wigs! 8)

defo mate, he looked quality and just what we need protecting the back four, his passing is slick as fock!

To right, lets hope he stays fit.

A bit of a moan now lol, but can anyone tell me the sense behind playing Cole near to Bent when his experience would of been more productive sitting deeper, and with Grealish in that more forward position?

For two guys that were quality midfielders, you would think that Keane and Lambert would have sorted ours out by now. Its our major problem and has been for quite a while and i am beginning to see that the underlying reason for it is the stupid system he is trying to play.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:28 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:

Don't worry the spies are out watching Lerner's plane and Usmanov's yacht for any more coincidental meetings? Suspect

Usmanov won't be buying villa. It will be a US owner in my opinion. Doesn't mean the Usmanov stuff wasn't fun though. Great detective work all round Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:28 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:

Its going to happen, we all have to believe! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 1015550615
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:29 pm

My Old Man wrote:
jimbop wrote:

To right, lets hope he stays fit.

A bit of a moan now lol, but can anyone tell me the sense behind playing Cole near to Bent when his experience would of been more productive sitting deeper, and with Grealish in that more forward position?

For two guys that were quality midfielders, you would think that Keane and Lambert would have sorted ours out by now. Its our major problem and has been for quite a while and i am beginning to see that the underlying reason for it is the stupid system he is trying to play.
When Cole signed I think he said that he was looking forward to playing the number 10 role. Perhaps Lambert promised him that?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by jd Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:33 pm

If Cleverley is signed for the price that is being thrown around on Twitter (not reliable, I know), around £7-8 million, that'd suggest there's more funding available unless we're selling Vlaar or it's a part exchange. Optimistic conclusion from this would be it's funding from a new owner tongue
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:34 pm

More than likely VB, but i just felt last night his experience was more important lying a little deeper. I think we would of created a little more if he did that.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:34 pm

The Ego
It may well be a US owner, but I can't see it happening until next summer . The usmanov detective work was brilliant, Yachts tracked planes tracked, google maps of docks, maps showing distances, MI5 have got fuck all on this site. The best work since the restaurant phone call in New York
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next