The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread

+45
Sceptical Villan
BournVilla
Tomy-Flemba
Cha Ching
Thinman
VDOG
SCATTERBAD
Aesorian
Steveallen79
mDigital
Macca68
Ron Dalian
Lee hendries tan
Mazrim
Wookster
Hornso
VillaStarringBrockLesnar
GadgetMan
Malandro
Withes Sweatbands
Diablo
pooligan
Shifnal Villa
tonyp
Billy No Mates
Nix999
Rattler
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Jimmyrimmer
Andy_Villa
Bertie
prmort
Villanz
Dotcomsimon
mefromhere
VillaBill
LVBrit
One Little Bit
heykey89
CTVillan
TJVillan
switters
villabromsgrove
Kill@r33
Morgan Villa
49 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Predictions for the Tigers

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap49%The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 49% 
[ 20 ]
The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 10 ]
The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 41

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread

Post by mefromhere Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:29 pm

I've given up hoping for a win now because let's face it we all know the team and the formation now. I suppose it saves Hull the effort of "doing a palace" on us.

Picking the same players and formation week in week out is the equivalent of a child adding 2 and 2 together and writing 5 as an answer every time and the teacher telling him that if he keeps going it might be right eventually.

(Insert players and Lambert into that story and you see how ridiculous it would be that the teacher "Lambert" still has a job!!)
mefromhere
mefromhere

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread

Post by Dotcomsimon Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:41 pm

2-0 Villa, 3 points is an absolute must!! To be playing Man city and Spurs needing points is a lot to ask of this team.
A big crowd and big atmosphere to get the team motivated and hopefully cross the finish line, Gabs with a brace - one at each end
After the match when the players do the lap of appreciation I'm throwing a pukka pie at Holt, wonder if he'll do a Dani Alves and eat it? Razz 

Last edited by Dotcomsimon on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Dotcomsimon
Dotcomsimon

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villanz Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:54 am

I am going for a 2-1 win. I hope there is a change from 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 to give us some width on both flanks and not just relying on Albrighton to provide width. Maybe start Tonev or Carruthers if he is available. A gamble yes but couldn't be any worse than the last few weeks.

Villanz
Villanz

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:46 am

An appendectomy without anaesthetic couldn't be worse than the last few weeks, Villanz. I just hope the players realize that this is in all likelihood their last throw of the dice - I don't see us coming away from Citeh or Spuds with anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:48 am

3-1 Villa.

Back to top Go down

Post by prmort Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:50 am

Hoping for some of this  Beer and less of this 🤦 

Draw for me....and that should just about do us.
prmort

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:09 am

After last weekend I'm afraid I can't see further than a humbling...sorry.
Bertie
Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:20 am

As this week drags on, and it really is dragging, does anybody else feel like we are sitting on death row, awaiting execution or waiting for that last minute pardon from the powers that be ?
Saturday is going to be bloody unbearable for us all i think.

Back to top Go down

Post by TJVillan Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:59 am

Hull have a pretty strong attack right now with Jelavic Long Aluko, Huddlestone providing the service to the strikers and wingers. They also have a strong defence that get behind the ball and make it very tough.

I've got to be honest, I don't think we can beat them in our current state. I think it will be a nervy game, we'll overcommit in search of the win and lose it on the break.

Villa 0-2 Hull :pale: God I hope I'm wrong.
TJVillan
TJVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy_Villa Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Cant see anything other than another shit performance & another loss...
Andy_Villa
Andy_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by prmort Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:50 pm

...if you are right, we'd better hope Ireland doesn't score 3 own goals to spite us....
prmort

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:42 pm

One all draw. We'll equalise with an hour gone from a KEA pile-driver.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:49 pm

If we are level then it makes no difference as Fulham and Norwich and Cardiff could still catch us - we need to go for the win as a point is neither here nor there - for me the key is stoke v Fulham.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:09 pm

prmort wrote:Hoping for some of this  Beer and less of this 🤦 

A draw is only good if the teams below fail to win. If two of them win a draw isn't any use at all really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmyrimmer Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:33 pm

First time poster and villa supporter since my first game in 1973.

My heart says win but my head says "where are the goals coming from?" I'd have more belief if Lambert wasn't in charge with a fresh outlook and a new style of play. I wish I could say Lambert will change the formation but he's not capable of doing so as he is very limited and stubborn so it's just a case of fingers crossed I'm afraid!

Clark has to play instead of Baker and knowing Lambert will use his failed 4-3-3 formation I'd put Bacuna, Westwood and Delph in midfield with Agbonlahor and Albrighton out wide. I'm afraid Holt will have to start the first half for me and then I guess if we need to chase the game good old tactical wizard Lambert will put Bowery on and take off Albrighton again!

I just hope Sid is making these decisions and if he is I see a 1-1 draw, if not a 2-0 loss!
Jimmyrimmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:45 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:

A draw is only good if the teams below fail to win. If two of them win a draw isn't any use at all really.

If the teams below fail to win we are safe anyway even if we lose -.might as well go all out for the win , all guns blazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by switters Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:

Draw is slightly useful - it'd mean Cardiff can't catch us and Norwich would need 2 wins rather than win & a draw. and if it came down to the wire with Fulham on the last day, it'd mean we would be safe with a draw against Spurs rather than needing a win.
switters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:55 pm

If we have to go to spurs needing a result I think we are fucked personally - lets finish this on Saturday.
Sorry switters, you are correct- a draw is slightly useful .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Jimmyrimmer wrote:First time poster and villa supporter since my first game in 1973.

My heart says win but my head says "where are the goals coming from?" I'd have more belief if Lambert wasn't in charge with a fresh outlook and a new style of play. I wish I could say Lambert will change the formation but he's not capable of doing so as he is very limited and stubborn so it's just a case of fingers crossed I'm afraid!

Clark has to play instead of Baker and knowing Lambert will use his failed 4-3-3 formation I'd put Bacuna, Westwood and Delph in midfield with Agbonlahor and Albrighton out wide. I'm afraid Holt will have to start the first half for me and then I guess if we need to chase the game good old tactical wizard Lambert will put Bowery on and take off Albrighton again!

I just hope Sid is making these decisions and if he is I see a 1-1 draw, if not a 2-0 loss!
Hi pal. Hope you enjoy the forum. Welcome to TBAR.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:02 pm

Just a thought before I go to bed with a good book …. Hull may not have a lot of support at Villa Park on Saturday. They play Man Utd on Tuesday and I'm guessing that their away fans will target that match day experience rather than ours. I'm grasping at straws now but you never know, it could just make a difference.
villabromsgrove

The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:10 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Just a thought before I go to bed with a good book …. Hull may not have a lot of support at Villa Park on Saturday. They play Man Utd on Tuesday and I'm guessing that their away fans will target that match day experience rather than ours. I'm grasping at straws now but you never know, it could just make a difference.
I remember a few years ago we played Hull, mid week. They came with 67 fans, and they beat us 2-1. affraid 

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic Thu May 01, 2014 9:55 am

Oh dear, I really want to be positive, but it is hard to see us winning convincingly. I'd take a 1-0 OG by Curtis Davies, but would not be surprised if we lost or drew. It will be a nervy day whatever.

I just hope that we can get it done and dusted, what I keep hearing is Lawro all season saying Villa will be safe, Villa won't go down.AAARRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!

Get it done, get rid of Lerner and move on......
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Back to top Go down

Post by One Little Bit Thu May 01, 2014 10:09 am

@JohnGregory77: #AVFC If ya wanna c our beloved Villa in the PL next yr stop moaning stop whinging and get down to VP and vocally back the lads v Hull #UTV

The gaffer has spoken....   Scarf Waving
One Little Bit
One Little Bit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattler Thu May 01, 2014 10:15 am

2-0 Villa. 2 early goals from Gabby.
Rattler
Rattler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:20 am

One Little Bit wrote:@JohnGregory77: #AVFC If ya wanna c our beloved Villa in the PL next yr stop moaning stop whinging and get down to VP and vocally back the lads v Hull #UTV

The gaffer has spoken....   Scarf Waving
We had better do what the gaffer says then. The all in one Aston Villa v Hull City Pre Match, Match & Post Match Thread - Page 2 238524133 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next