The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread

+7
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
big ming
deadbuzzardalive
achilles
Saunders82
AstonThriller
11 posters

Go down

Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread Empty Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread

Post by AstonThriller Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:59 pm

Alright lads. Just wanted to start this thread early to try and see If I can recapture the fire I had earlier this season. I believe I may still hold the wins record? (Twelve wins) So let's hope I can help bring us a few more. Yes things, are THAT serious now Very Happy .

Anyway, team news is SUPER KOJ IS BACK GUYS!!! Dancing Banana Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread 1520050566 Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread 1815562058 cheers . I suspect he will be on the bench and we'll pretty much see the same side that beat Wolves with Hutton probably coming In for Taylor and Jedi for Thor as changes from the last game.

...................Johnson......................

.....Elmo....Chester...Terry....Hutton.....

..............Jedinak..Hourihane............
.....................Grealish.................
...........Snodgrass.........Adomah....
.....................Grabban........................

Although tbh one player who might have a chance of starting could be Tuenzebe as Elmo did play for his country midweek.

COME ON VILLA!!! Scarf Waving

Last edited by AstonThriller on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread Empty Re: Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:22 am

Bruce confirms that Kodjia is fully fit and back in the squad for tomorrow's game.
deadbuzzardalive

Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread Empty Re: Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread

Post by Saunders82 Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:57 pm

Great stuff astonthriller, having started the last 2 threads which were diabolical results I did not fancy my chances at starting this one, in the past we have had a good result just before an international break and restarted after the break with a crap result, I'm hoping this one will be a reverse UTV. Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread 1815562058
Saunders82
Saunders82

Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Be interesting to see who wants it more, us for promotion or them fighting relegation?
achilles
achilles

Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:49 am

I see a sad pathetic 1-1 draw which will literally destroy any automatic hopes.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:56 pm

Looks like it's going to be another one of those games. Utterly diabolical the way we've just crumbled and thrown our season away in a stretch of games against QPR, Bolton and Hull.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:21 pm

Very flat performance, playing like there's nothing to play for. Steve Bruce needs to go at the end of the season whatever happens.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:27 pm

Heads up fellas, rockets all round at half time, the boys will move up some gears in the second half, sure of it and we will see Jimmy danger at some point too. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:29 pm

Laboured and disjointed.Poor side making us look poor again,like 80% of games under Bruce. Why is he completely unable to get a performance from what looks a decent side on paper?
big ming

Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:39 pm

Hull starting the 2nd half with a fucking rocket up their arse!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:58 pm

Getting worse,not better. Even if we fluke this, forget winning the play-off's.
big ming

Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:08 pm

Unbelievable the way we've just completely thrown our season away, not only our season, but potentially our chances of going up for the foreseeable future. A complete and utter shambles.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:13 pm

3 up front now hope we don't get suckered on the break.
If we don't win this that'll be 1 point from QPR Bolton and Hull which is criminal at this or any other stage of the season.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:18 pm

Bruce should be sacked, otherwise we'll have no chance in the play-offs.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:21 pm

It's heartbreak but we are done.

We won't win the playoffs. Financially we will have to rebuild and we will be another once big team stuck watching teams like fucking Bournemouth playing top tier football.

I'd predict that Villa MIGHT get promoted around 2025. If we are lucky.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:26 pm

Draw... Boringly 0bvious result (Predicted 1-1 but hey-ho) That's 100% it now. Must say i doubted we would get automatic several weeks ago but never thought our "band of brothers" team would bottle it in such a pathetic manner.

As for the playoffs we have a chance but surely will struggle against any of the teams we would likely face on this evidence.

Hull not a bad home team but that was crap.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:27 pm

Very disappointing, not really a strong performance from anyone. Also, can we please stop assuming Kodjia is the miracle-working game-changer that we need to get us over the line please?
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:32 pm

It seems like our strikers have downed tools at the moment since Grabban got his starting berth. I thought we looked very disjointed earlier in the season when Kodija was fit so not holding any hope he will suddenly gel our forward line Hull City vs Aston Villa Match Thread 498107619
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:33 pm

If there's one glimmer for me it's that we've done ok in pressure games like the noses and wolves. It could be argued however that they were weak opposition on the day for different reasons. It will be vital to maintain our play off place as another point from the next 3 games would leave us clinging on to even that position.
If I have a positive it's that in order to have got auto promotion we'd have needed to be better than Cardiff and Fulham over many games, the lottery of the play off mean we have to be better than our opponents on 3 occasions (Well in fact only 2 as long as we do better in the second leg than our opponents do in the first).
So for me we've got to ensure we don't keep drifting.
Can anyone remember, are the play off semis drawn or is it 3rd v 4th/ 5th v 6th or similar?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:43 pm

Woohoo, we didn't lose, and all it took was a crap referee! I wonder how much we paid him.

I can't see us beating Derby or Middlesborough playing like that, let alone Fulham.

I really have no idea how Bruce dresses himself every morning.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:44 pm

De Kuip wrote:Can anyone remember, are the play off semis drawn or is it 3rd v 4th/ 5th v 6th or similar?

Its based on final positions. I think its 3rd v 6th, and 4th v 5th.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:52 pm

Well I was right it was rockets up the arse at half time BUT it was the Hull players who got it, we were very poor our key players got bogged down being crap, its so disappointing to all of us but we need to keep our heads up. All that good work a few weeks ago gone up in a puff of smoke !!!!!!!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:59 am

UnclePanda wrote:
De Kuip wrote:Can anyone remember, are the play off semis drawn or is it 3rd v 4th/ 5th v 6th or similar?

Its based on final positions. I think its 3rd v 6th, and 4th v 5th.

Cheers mate
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down