The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread

+36
marko63
holtehero
UnclePanda
kevpants
Dions_Bald_Head
Steveallen79
VTID85
switters
Hornso
FoxyAV
GhostDad
Tomy-Flemba
GadgetMan
HarryAVFC
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
mDigital
snitum
De Kuip
kirramp
CTVillan
Wookster
Staffslion
Thinman
Gracon73
Morpheus
mefromhere
Stratfordvilla
VillaBill
achilles
Trotters
villashrew
Green Villan
villabromsgrove
Villa_Dan
My Old Man
Jim
40 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Result prediction:

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread I_vote_lcap8%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread I_vote_lcap45%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 18 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread I_vote_lcap33%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 13 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread I_vote_lcap10%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread I_vote_lcap4%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 40

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread Empty Aston Villa v Hull City match thread

Post by Jim Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:27 pm

Sunday 1.30pm kick off, this is not being televised

I said on here after the stoke game this match will be the indicator of how our season will go, hull are playing in the europa league on Thursday night and are 1-0 down after their first leg defeat and need a win to qualify for the europa league proper so will field a full strength team, meaning they will have just 2 days rest before we play them and with 6 of our strongest team sitting out the embarrassing defeat to Leyton orient we should be fresher going into this game. If we cant get a home win here I fear and expect a tough season ahead.

My prefered team

-------guzan-------
Hutts vlaar senderos cissokho
-Westwood Sanchez delph--
Gabby ----weimann ----grealish

Guess the attendance - 33,476

Score - 2-0.
Jim
Jim

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v Hull City match thread

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:29 pm

I definitely wont be going to this one Aston Villa v Hull City match thread 1715320296
My Old Man
My Old Man

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v Hull City match thread

Post by Jim Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:33 pm

My Old Man wrote:I definitely wont be going to this one Aston Villa v Hull City match thread 1715320296

Ok, guess the attendance - 33,475 Wink
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Jim wrote:
My Old Man wrote:I definitely wont be going to this one Aston Villa v Hull City match thread 1715320296

Ok, guess the attendance - 33,475 Wink

Yeah, bound to increase without me there Laughing

Im fairly positive about this game, so a 2-0 win for me with Gabby and Delph netting. Think we will be more up for this game than we were last night. Just dont think Lambert takes the cup games seriously.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Attendance around the same as Newcastle so 30000-ish

Expecting a win. Hull punched above their weight in the cup last season and finished below us let's not forget. 2-1 Villa.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Steve Bruce is a solid manager (despite his B-Lose connection). He'll have Hull organised, but they play Lokeren tonight and they don't have much squad depth,so it's a good time to play them. Now if we can only find Lambert something else to do for the next few days (well away from the team) we've got a good chance of three points.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:03 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Steve Bruce is a solid manager (despite his B-Lose connection). He'll have Hull organised, but they play Lokeren tonight and they don't have much squad depth,so it's a good time to play them. Now if we can only find Lambert something else to do for the next few days (well away from the team) we've got a good chance of three points.

So the stage is set already for Lamberk to loose.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:18 pm

I am going for a pretty dour 1-1 draw but hope I am wrong and we actually get entertained for once.
4-1-3-1-1 boring counter attacking formation something like this;
             Guzan
Hutton-Vlaar-Senderos-Cissoko
            Sanchez
 Bacuna-Westwood-Delph
              Cole
           Weimann
Only putting this team out as I cannot stand watching Gabby in the team anymore or Weimann for that matter but think he is the lesser of two evils.
I would actually like to see us play a possession based pass and move game 4-2-3-1 like this;
              Guzan
Hutton-Vlaar-Senderos-Cissoko
      Westwood-Sanchez
  Grealish-Delph-N'Zogbia
           Weimann
But I doubt Lambert even knows the principle of pass and move possession based football.
Attendance around the 28K max mark after last nights debacle.
villashrew
villashrew

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:37 pm

Poll added.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:40 pm

I voted for a narrow Villa win …. the "we go again" tablets must have just started working. cheers
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:44 pm

Draw for me, hopefully with a goal for us, so 1-1.
We aren't suddenly going to rediscover how to score goals so really one seems optimistic and Hull aren't going to just roll over for us.
I am afraid another poor game, at least we will be consistent!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:27 pm

We simply have to win this game , nothing else will do, we must beat the teams who are likely to finish round & about us especially at home , I've gone 2-1 Villa with Hull to score first !
Attendance 27,500 if we are lucky after last night, the atmosphere at Villa Park is turning toxic !
Oh, & fcuk off Lambert ! :wanker:
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:40 pm

I have gone 1-1 on here but a very optimistic 3-2 win in the prediction league just for the bonus points on offer! Back to reality though it is a must win game even this early in the season I fear or the atmosphere will turn very ugly.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:16 pm

Lambert not to start Grealish despite being the most skilful player on Wednesday, usual suspects to play out a bore draw.
Stratfordvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:27 pm

Our defence has been good ... Our attack has been good. Our finishing has left a lot to be desired.
I would like to see 2 up front because if you just have 1 then all of those chances will fall to that 1 who, if he doesn't score early, will lose confidence and consequently snatch at chances later in the game resulting in less and less on target.
That and 1 up front leads to the ball more often than not coming straight back at us. I would like to see ...

Guzan
Hutton, Senderos, Vlaar, Cissokho
N'Zogbia, Sanchez, Westwood, Grealish
Weimann Bent
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Voted for a narrow loss in the hope that we'll win.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracon73 Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:10 am

I've gone for a draw but was torn between that and a narrow Villa win.

Does anyone have the stats for shots off target during the first 3 games? I know we've only managed a couple on target. but I'm hopeful that eventually one of our strikers might miss hit the ball and it goes in Aston Villa v Hull City match thread 1420239857

Thought I'd use this one too Aston Villa v Hull City match thread 1815562058 can we get her to be a mascot at VP?
Gracon73
Gracon73

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:40 am

Jim wrote:Sunday 1.30pm kick off, this is not being televised

I said on here after the stoke game this match will be the indicator of how our season will go, hull are playing in the europa league on Thursday night and are 1-0 down after their first leg defeat and need a win to qualify for the europa league proper so will field a full strength team, meaning they will have just 2 days rest before we play them and with 6 of our strongest team sitting out the embarrassing defeat to Leyton orient we should be fresher going into this game. If we cant get a home win here I fear and expect a tough season ahead.

My prefered team

-------guzan-------
Hutts vlaar senderos cissokho
-Westwood Sanchez delph--
Gabby ----weimann ----grealish

Guess the attendance - 33,476

Score - 2-0.
It's on bein sports 2 for anybody with the capability to receive it. Me Very Happy 2-0 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:22 am

mefromhere wrote:Our defence has been good ... Our attack has been good. Our finishing has left a lot to be desired.
I would like to see 2 up front because if you just have 1 then all of those chances will fall to that 1 who, if he doesn't score early, will lose confidence and consequently snatch at chances later in the game resulting in less and less on target.
That and 1 up front leads to the ball more often than not coming straight back at us. I would like to see ...

Guzan
Weimann Bent

No Delph? :shock:
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:32 am

My Old Man wrote:
mefromhere wrote:Our defence has been good ... Our attack has been good. Our finishing has left a lot to be desired.

Guzan
Weimann Bent

No Delph? :shock:

No Delph. His job has been break up the play and pass it off. Now we have Sanchez to do that I would rather have Westwood in the team because he is more adventurous with his passing. (He actually attempts to pass the ball forwards) For those who disagree I just ask you to watch Delph on Sunday and count the number of successful forward passes that he makes all game. Pretty confident you'll be able to use your hands. Contributes very little to our attacking play and so Westwood would be my pick
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:34 am

Delph is one of the few players we have confident to move forwards with the ball at his feet, a few times against Newcastle he carried the ball forwards 15-20 yards and got us moving. I also think he's a much greater goal threat than Westwood and, with Sanchez sitting deep, he will have more license to get into the final 3rd
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:59 am

As usual, no idea on this one.

I was wrong about Stoke and right about Newcastle.

I'll go for another draw either 0-0 or 1-1.

Gate 29,998
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffslion Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:36 am

I am just hoping for a performance where we show attacking intent from the start.

They weren't great against Stoke last week - and played in Europe last night.

Nervy 1-0. Wiemann.
Staffslion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:10 pm

1-1 draw

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:02 pm

Eastie wrote:1-1 draw

Same here mate already put it down on my prediction league.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next