The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

+25
VTID85
villajk
Villa Ranger
bruka
Wookster
gaffer85
Army villain
Fpuppys
Villa_Dan
Saunders82
smetro
Boldfinger
Gordonsleftboot
The Utterer
achilles
avfc forever
De Kuip
Wriggle
Trotters
DelboyVilla
Dions_Bald_Head
FoxyAV
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
29 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 3 Empty Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by De Kuip Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:03 pm

Be funny if he signs for the Tesco bags and they get relegated and we go up.
WTF am I talking about- us going up....
De Kuip
De Kuip

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 3 Empty Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by smetro Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:09 pm

Boldfinger wrote:Just read that man Utd have recalled Johnston after agreeing a £4 million pound fee with the baggies.
WTF we playing at, if his fee is £4 million then we should have had this deal done and dusted.  
If it is true then we need an able replacement, he has saved us in many games this season.  
A big loss imho.

The story originated from Teamtalk, Johnstone to join club where he will probably be no 2 to foster, and be back in the championship next season, and WBA are crying out for a striker not a back up goalie. Personally and while I hope Johnston stays, I think he has gone back a bit whilst terry has been out of the team
smetro
smetro

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:48 pm

Click bait nothing else, do we seriously think that if they only want 4 mill we would not be in there sorting a deal, even if money is tight & FFP rules, we have him at the moment till the summer so a deal of some kind in the summer would be the way forward, keep the faith.
Saunders82
Saunders82

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:43 pm

It looks as though the Johnstone thing might be happening, Express & Star now reporting that he's told friends that he's joining Albion, and he himself has liked a post on twitter by @R_Conceptions that states... 'Do you need to get to a Jan medical in Privacy? If so were the choice for you full discretion at all times! #PremierLeague #TransferWindow'.

I had noticed that Steer seemed to be getting more games for the u23s recently which, made me wonder that he might be being readied for the first team, should Johnstone leave in January.

If true it's just another indication of how poorly run we are at the moment.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:00 pm

Jeez people, keep your fucking hair on! The Johnstone "story" is from 1 media outlet with no quoted sources! 

For months the papers tell us that Villa will need to get promoted to have a chance of signing him but now he'll join bottom of the league Boggies to be their 2nd choice and be playing in the championship next season? 

Next!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:00 pm

The only successful signing Bruce has made and he failed to make it permanent. Couldn't make it up if you tried.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:40 pm

Albion have just as much of a chance, if not more so, of playing in the Premier league next season as we do, and Johnstone might see joining them as a chance to put himself in the window for the World Cup squad, I don't think it's a story that can be so easily dismissed out of hand.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:09 pm

As always at this time of year #fakenews or clickbait call it what you like, I just can't see it myself, if he starts tomorrow he won't be going anywhere.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:16 pm

Johnston will be on the team sheet tomorrow, he will be with us to the end of the season.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:08 pm

I really don't understand those saying we don't need to bring in a striker, all our forwards have about five league goals between them. If we'd have had an in form striker we'd probably be top two now. I don't agree with this idea that we have to sign a big center-forward either, last night showed that we can perform without one, what we need is a striker who will score us goals.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:21 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I really don't understand those saying we don't need to bring in a striker, all our forwards have about five league goals between them. If we'd have had an in form striker we'd probably be top two now. I don't agree with this idea that we have to sign a big center-forward either, last night showed that we can perform without one, what we need is a striker who will score us goals.

Well if we actually played to his strengths I'd like to think Hogan is that person. Plus I'm hoping RHM can do a job. I really like Davis for his team player approach, but let's be honest, the back of the net is like Kryptonite to him.
De Kuip
De Kuip

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:45 pm

De Kuip wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:I really don't understand those saying we don't need to bring in a striker, all our forwards have about five league goals between them. If we'd have had an in form striker we'd probably be top two now. I don't agree with this idea that we have to sign a big center-forward either, last night showed that we can perform without one, what we need is a striker who will score us goals.

Well if we actually played to his strengths I'd like to think Hogan is that person. Plus I'm hoping RHM can do a job. I really like Davis for his team player approach, but let's be honest, the back of the net is like Kryptonite to him.

In fairness to Davies and Hogan, we hardly create shitloads of chances for them.

If we do get another striker in, then we need to address the amount of chances we create for our forwards otherwise we'll be having the same conversation.
Wriggle
Wriggle

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:04 pm

We can't just not bring in a new striker on the off chance that Hogan is suddenly going to pick up form, this could be our biggest chance of promotion for a longtime to come, we can't leave anything to chance.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:16 pm

I think Davis is phenomenal. His ability to bring players into the game is great. Superb hold-up player. Would love to see a 442 against weaker opposition with Davis and RHM, with Grealish as CM and O'Hare out wide instead of Snodgrass.

And lets be fair Davis has gotten nothing but shite hoofballs all season long. If we had wingers who would cross him som good balls and a midfield that came into play offensively he'd score loads.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:42 pm

Apparently Bruce has said that all of Hepburn-Murphy, Davis, Green and O'Hare are going to play against Peterborough, so that should be interesting, hopefully Doyle-Hayes gets a chance as well.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:02 pm

Broken record I know but the answer isn't Hogan, Audrey or Davis but putting Grealish behind whichever one it is and giving Whelan away for free. I'd not even play Jedi (even though I do like him and he's significantly better than Whelan), I'd start Onomah or Lansbury. Then we'd have the central midfield we and the striker need but which Bruce has been afraid to give us. There's little point buying in another striker but it's not a bad idea bringing in someone really good on loan - we can't really rely on Davis or Audrey coming on form and Hogan is very injury prone. Plus Kodjia comes back at the start of next season and with a fully functioning team behind him and the likes of Hourihane and Grealish feeding him down the middle and Adomah and Snodgrass from the wings we'll have a much better chance of promotion. If we get promoted I'd want to keep all of that lot anyway (bar perhaps Snodgrass, depending on what his contract says).

Having said that I think Hogan is a superb player and am looking forward to seeing a lot more of him and Grealish playing together.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:40 pm

I think I am beginning to sound like a broken record as well but I really believe the current squad especially with the youngsters is good enough to get us promotion. Green is coming back from injury, Grealish is getting a few games under his belt and looks the business (at last), perhaps Bjarnason might surprise a few people myself included, Elphick looks better, so the squad quality and depth is there. We also have the experienced Gabby and Micah to come back (sorry now I am being ridiculous).

However what you can't legislate for is injuries especially if Hogan gets injured (as I believe after that goal we may see the real Hogan) so a striker on loan is required but virtually every club will be saying the same! Other than that I think we are fairly well sorted although if the opportunity is there to get a decent player in on loan then why not!
achilles
achilles

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:22 pm

Hayes got to play

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:17 am

Shoot me but I'd rather hang back a year then go up with over-priced & aged parachute signings.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:48 am

I'm torn on that. I want us promoted cause we'd be good enough to hold our own, but I see the financial PoV, so I don't know tbh. I think if we got promoted and got in a new manager I'd be happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:58 am

There's no scenario in which staying in this division would be better than getting promoted. Even if we came straight back down, at least we will have gotten the Premier league money and will get the parachute payments again, and the sooner we're in the Premier league the quicker Xia can start realising his plans for the club.

If we do fail to go up then it could be very bleak times indeed with us having to sell our better players, and those that we don't want stuck on the wage bill.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:29 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:There's no scenario in which staying in this division would be better than getting promoted. Even if we came straight back down, at least we will have gotten the Premier league money and will get the parachute payments again, and the sooner we're in the Premier league the quicker Xia can start realising his plans for the club.

If we do fail to go up then it could be very bleak times indeed with us having to sell our better players, and those that we don't want stuck on the wage bill.

Took the words out of my mouth
gaffer85
gaffer85

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:22 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:There's no scenario in which staying in this division would be better than getting promoted. Even if we came straight back down, at least we will have gotten the Premier league money and will get the parachute payments again, and the sooner we're in the Premier league the quicker Xia can start realising his plans for the club.

Unfortunately you are right as our wages, if we don't get promoted, will crucify us regarding this bloody FFP.
achilles
achilles

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:38 pm

I'd agree with that. But it would be fucking painful to watch this Steve Bruce football in the EPL. Not sure sure I'd bother

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Wriggle wrote:
De Kuip wrote:

In fairness to Davies and Hogan, we hardly create shitloads of chances for them.

If we do get another striker in, then we need to address the amount of chances we create for our forwards otherwise we'll be having the same conversation.

I read some stats on another forum that says we are amongst the least effective in front of goal. I think our Strikers have 4 goals between them all season. Admomah has 10 or 11 now on his own - Snodgrass I believe has 4. If Hogan starts finding the net or we get another striker in who does then 2nd place is very much doable IMO. I would definitely bring in a loan striker if we can.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next