The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

+25
VTID85
villajk
Villa Ranger
bruka
Wookster
gaffer85
Army villain
Fpuppys
Villa_Dan
Saunders82
smetro
Boldfinger
Gordonsleftboot
The Utterer
achilles
avfc forever
De Kuip
Wriggle
Trotters
DelboyVilla
Dions_Bald_Head
FoxyAV
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
29 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! Empty JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by AstonThriller Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Alright guys, with less than a month till the window opens now, I figured it was time to start a thread and get this party started JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 1520050566 Dancing Banana cheers .

Bruce and Xia have said in recent days that loans will most certainly be brought in. While Bruce hinted that any money brought in from sales could also be used aswell.

Now when I look at the landscape, the options of strikers who we could potentially loan are quite interesting. Here are some names I've looked at.

Afobe
Ulloa
Musa
Ings
Wilson
Success
Sinclair
Akpom
Baldock
McBurnie

Those are the strikers at Premier League clubs who aren't really getting much game time. Realistically, Wilson, Akpom and Sinclair would be the easiest to get. Ings has been linked with a loan to the Baggies so that might not be an option tbh. Afobe would be an interesting move I think but not sure Bournemouth would be prepared to play ball. Musa might be tough simply because he cost them over 10m and they might want to send him abroad instead. I do think we could probably get Success and Ulloa if we pushed hard enough though. Another option could be Lewis Grabben. Now he's knocking them in for fun at Sunderland but the crazy thing is Bournemouth have an option to call him back in January!!..so he might be available aswell.

Interms of who to let go. Well, I think Bree needs to go out on loan for sure. Think we need to sell Elphick and Thor aswell tbh in an effort to raise some funds. Aswell as bringing in a striker I think another centre-back, central midfielder and winger are needed too. A left-back on loan would be another good option imo. I like the midfielder at Liverpool named Marko Grujic, Think he'd had a lot of quality to our midfield.

Edit: Just added Mcburnie's name to the list as he's been linked with us in the Sun today. Seen him score a hattrick at u23 level before. Reminds me of Sam Gallager. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcHbAH9pUQA]HERE]/url] is a video of him.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 5_star11

Back to top Go down

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! Empty Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by Guest Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:14 pm

I'd honestly loan a striker. First and probably only time I'll ever say that, but short term is what we need.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Have a feeling we might finally see Diamé, come in on loan. Upfront is where we really need to strengthen though, hoping we can get someone in who can have an effect on our attack, like Terry has had on the defence. The next four months could be our best shot at promotion that we'll have a long time, so I think we really need to do all we can to bring in someone who's going to have a major impact on our season.
deadbuzzardalive

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:25 am

I’d keep Elphick as I don’t see the point in letting a player go who knows how things work at the club, unless the incoming CB is of such a good quality that it’s a no-brainer, another Terry if you like. Up front is where we need an instant fix, and of the players listed above I’d have to go for Ulloa, given the way we play. What I would add, though, is that I remain really disappointed at the continuing absence of O’Hare from any meaningful game time. Here we have a player who has shown he has goals and creativity in him and has clearly been in form at U23 level but cannot buy a place in front of the like of Bananason. I’m bemused.
Dazzle
Dazzle

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:12 am

If we brought in a spare LB we'd be presumably be getting rid of De Laet.

Snodgrass: 2 goals, 5 assists. Adomah: 10 goals. I'm not convinced we need another winger, I'd rather see Corey Blackett-Taylor come in if necessary. He's 20 now so no kid, and has played well in the reserves.

We definitely need a striker! Preferably tall, strong, able to bring balls down, retain possession and be Christian Benteke. Because Bruce sure as hell ain't changing. I think it's safe to say we can rule out bringing in a striker under six foot tall.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:23 am

FoxyAV wrote:If we brought in a spare LB we'd be presumably be getting rid of De Laet.

Snodgrass: 2 goals, 5 assists. Adomah: 10 goals. I'm not convinced we need another winger, I'd rather see Corey Blackett-Taylor come in if necessary. He's 20 now so no kid, and has played well in the reserves.

We definitely need a striker! Preferably tall, strong, able to bring balls down, retain possession and be Christian Benteke. Because Bruce sure as hell ain't changing. I think it's safe to say we can rule out bringing in a striker under six foot tall.

It's about having different options. One injury to our wide guys (heaven forbid) and we'd be left in a pickle.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:47 am

AstonThriller wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:If we brought in a spare LB we'd be presumably be getting rid of De Laet.

It's about having different options. One injury to our wide guys (heaven forbid) and we'd be left in a pickle.

Yeah, I understood the reasoning. We definitely need a striker but who are we going to bring in to sit in the stands just in case a winger gets injured? I reckon Bruce would consider Grealish on the left (at least until Green comes back, if he does this season) and Elmo on the right before thinking we're in need of a winger. Actually going back to LB, Hutton's shown he can cover that position fine, so with De Laet also around we're probably fine for LB and RB without trying to sell De Laet and bring in any more wages/loan fee.

We're more than covered in (central) midfield. I wonder if Bruce would bring in Lansbury (or even O'Hare or Grealish) if either winger was injured and pack out the midfield a little more, in a 4-5-1 rather than bring in another winger? I'm not saying it's the right or wrong thing to do, if it were me I'd move Onomah next to Hourihane in the middle but we'll just have to wait for Whelan to get injured to see that.

You know, I wonder if Bruce would consider bringing in two strikers on loan? Kodjia isn't coming back this season, we've already had one of the only two games where Gabby is likely to score even if he does get fit, Kozak is gone, it transpires Hogan isn't the kind of striker Bruce would buy, let alone play to his strengths, McCormack is about as far away as he can be and Audrey (when fit) is a bit of a punt. Of course we do still have Samba. I wonder if big John Carew's offer is still open JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 226846862
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 am

FoxyAV wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:

Yeah, I understood the reasoning. We definitely need a striker but who are we going to bring in to sit in the stands just in case a winger gets injured? I reckon Bruce would consider Grealish on the left (at least until Green comes back, if he does this season) and Elmo on the right before thinking we're in need of a winger. Actually going back to LB, Hutton's shown he can cover that position fine, so with De Laet also around we're probably fine for LB and RB without trying to sell De Laet and bring in any more wages/loan fee.

We're more than covered in (central) midfield. I wonder if Bruce would bring in Lansbury (or even O'Hare or Grealish) if either winger was injured and pack out the midfield a little more, in a 4-5-1 rather than bring in another winger? I'm not saying it's the right or wrong thing to do, if it were me I'd move Onomah next to Hourihane in the middle but we'll just have to wait for Whelan to get injured to see that.

You know, I wonder if Bruce would consider bringing in two strikers on loan? Kodjia isn't coming back this season, we've already had one of the only two games where Gabby is likely to score even if he does get fit, Kozak is gone, it transpires Hogan isn't the kind of striker Bruce would buy, let alone play to his strengths, McCormack is about as far away as he can be and Audrey (when fit) is a bit of a punt. Of course we do still have Samba. I wonder if big John Carew's offer is still open JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 226846862

I agree about a striker being the main priority. Especially while Uncle Albert is still scoring. It is a shame tho - I prefer to see player-promotions while we're in the Championship.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:18 am

Before Kodjia's injury we needed a striker to come in and to be able to do the job that Davis does, so as to take some of the burden off him, at that point someone like Ulloa would have made sense. But now we also need someone to replace Kodjia's goals.

People say it every transfer window, but now more than ever Benteke would be ideal, that's not going to happen, but we could do with someone in his mold.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:42 am

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:I agree about a striker being the main priority. Especially while Uncle Albert is still scoring. It is a shame tho - I prefer to see player-promotions while we're in the Championship.

I'm with you there. It seems remarkable we're in the playoffs with three goals scored by strikers this season and our lead striker being an academy player. Albeit one I really like who has probably hit the woodwork more than anyone else in any league this season. If Davis is a major contribution to the reason the midfield is scoring so well (bringing them into play, creating space for the likes of Adomah to run into) then we really have to hope we don't get a Kodjia clone in. When Davis is playing we look more like a team. In fact I'd go so far as to say he's the only striker we have who makes Bruce's system work. It's almost criminal he hasn't had any luck when it comes to scoring.

As an aside I still think Grealish is a key player for us. He looks really composed on the ball, I'd love to see him and O'Hare together. Maybe in the FA Cup games.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:49 pm

New manager please!
DelboyVilla

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:44 am

Get a young, determined, experienced defender in to replace Samba. I've seen a bit of a lad called Baker...looks like he could fit the bill.

Seriously depressing thread though considering it still feels like September, I've done none of my Christmas shopping and am wondering where this year has gone!

Trotters
Trotters

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:33 am

Tim Cahill anyone?

Just left Melbourne City by mutual consent as he wants regular football before the World Cup and is said to be targeting the championship or US.

Bosnich and others close to him have said he already knows where he I should going but hasn't announced it yet.

Could it be Villa? We need a forward and could have struck a deal with Melbourne city that they can keep McCormack until the end of the season I need exchange?

Would be a great addition in my opinion.
Wriggle
Wriggle

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:29 am

Wriggle wrote:Tim Cahill anyone?

Just left Melbourne City by mutual consent as he wants regular football before the World Cup and is said to be targeting the championship or US.

Bosnich and others close to him have said he already knows where he I should going but hasn't announced it yet.

Could it be Villa? We need a forward and could have struck a deal with Melbourne city that they can keep McCormack until the end of the season I need exchange?

Would be a great addition in my opinion.

That's not a bad shout. Didn't he recently score both goals that got the Aussies into the world cup finals?
Only worry for me is age. If we buy someone it would be nice to think there's longevity although I guess if we do get promoted buying someone now and expecting them to lead the line in the Prem is optimistic at best.
De Kuip
De Kuip

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:55 am

I was initially negative to this, but seeing as we just need someone for a short period of time I wouldn't be against Cahill.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:18 am

Cahill's just turned 38, he hardly ever plays for much more than sixty minutes, and can't even get in the Melbourne team ahead of McCormack, so would be a pretty underwhelming signing for me, as good as a player as he's been in the past. The two goals he scored for Australia recently were against Syria.

These next few months could be our best bet at promotion in a while, we need to bring in players who can really make a difference, and help push us over the line.

We seem to be evolving into a team that plays on the break recently, I think we'd do well to sign a few pacey players, to help make that tactic more affective for us.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:21 am

Ideally we could rely on RHM

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:37 am

He was meant to make his comeback against Sheffield United but that game was called off, and now the u23s don't play again until this Saturday, which is a shame, as he might have been considered for the Millwall game, had he got some minutes under his belt for the reserves. Still could be an important player four us in the second half of the season.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:35 am

We need a new striker loan would be a better option.
avfc forever
avfc forever

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:55 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:He was meant to make his comeback against Sheffield United but that game was called off, and now the u23s don't play again until this Saturday, which is a shame, as he might have been considered for the Millwall game, had he got some minutes under his belt for the reserves. Still could be an important player four us in the second half of the season.

If he doesn't get another injury, certainly not expecting anything from him this season and hopefully he will go on loan next season when we are in the PL! lol!

Regarding Cahill, I wouldn't be averse to signing him till the end of the season, very experienced and he would certainly help out Davis, no downside as far as I can see.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:59 pm

I'm starting to think RHM is made of weetabix
De Kuip
De Kuip

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:31 am

Don't let this manager and his staff ruin anymore players please!

No matter who we sign if Bruce is still manager it will make no difference!

Mid table here we come!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:34 am

DelboyVilla wrote:Don't let this manager and his staff ruin anymore players please!

No matter who we sign if Bruce is still manager it will make no difference!

Mid table here we come!

Completely agree. We've got plenty of good players, but unfortunately we don't have a manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:44 pm

He's not very reliable these days, but Alan Nixon seems to think we want to buy Lewis Grabban from Bournemouth.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:24 pm

We definitely need a striker on loan till the end of the season but with Bruce's record at buying strikers McGrath help us!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next