The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

+25
VTID85
villajk
Villa Ranger
bruka
Wookster
gaffer85
Army villain
Fpuppys
Villa_Dan
Saunders82
smetro
Boldfinger
Gordonsleftboot
The Utterer
achilles
avfc forever
De Kuip
Wriggle
Trotters
DelboyVilla
Dions_Bald_Head
FoxyAV
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
29 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 10 Empty Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by smetro Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:04 pm

To me we are obviously a striker light - I think Bruce has made it pretty clear that what he thinks as well. We only have Hogan who has some track record of sustained goalscring - but he also has injury and barren spells throughout his career.
No additional striker and automatic is gone in my book.
smetro
smetro

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 10 4_star10

Back to top Go down

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 10 Empty Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by achilles Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:43 pm

Gordonsleftboot wrote:
achilles wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Sky linking us to Afobe, also Gregg Evans tweeted this... 'Interesting phone call this morning about a target #avfc are considering. Surely not! Day off, more tomorrow.'.

Now that would be good but I would think unlikely!

Why unlikely? He would get game time with us.

Basically because I would have expected some poorer/worse PL clubs to be interested.
achilles
achilles

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 10 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:14 pm

I haven't got a clue who, but I think we're trying for a bigger name than Afobe, but we'll see. Meanwhile Hepburn-Murphy scored another two goals for the u23s today, if he can stay fit, deserves a chance.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:29 pm

I'm still intrigued to see what Davis and Audrey could do with our new-look attacking team - especially Hourihane now he's able to get forward more and Grealish now he's allowed out to play. Sure, I think we need an experienced striker to cover Hogan (and I really want to see Hogan stay fit and do well), we can't afford to mess around. I think our two young strikers might do well if given the chance.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:25 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I haven't got a clue who, but I think we're trying for a bigger name than Afobe, but we'll see. Meanwhile Hepburn-Murphy scored another two goals for the u23s today, if he can stay fit, deserves a chance.

Batshuayi could become available for a loan as Conte doesn't rate him (now I am being stupid)! Laughing at You
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:31 pm

Well from Bruce's latest words, it looks like we're sticking with what we've got, and that doesn't include McCormack as he's been given two weeks off. Presumably we learned that we won't be signing whoever we were targeting during the course of today.

Looks like a case of hoping Hogan stays fit, and Hepburn-Murphy takes to first team football, at least we're getting goals from other areas as well, a shame though as I felt like another goal-scorer would have made us favourites for second.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:48 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Well from Bruce's latest words, it looks like we're sticking with what we've got, and that doesn't include McCormack as he's been given two weeks off. Presumably we learned that we won't be signing whoever we were targeting during the course of today.

Looks like a case of hoping Hogan stays fit, and Hepburn-Murphy takes to first team football, at least we're getting goals from other areas as well, a shame though as I felt like another goal-scorer would have made us favourites for second.

We're not in a position to mess around though are we? This is the most important half-season of football in years and we have only one striker who's only just been allowed to find (PL) form. My fingers are still crossed.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:21 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Well from Bruce's latest words, it looks like we're sticking with what we've got, and that doesn't include McCormack as he's been given two weeks off. Presumably we learned that we won't be signing whoever we were targeting during the course of today.

Ive said all season we look short of goals - TBF that hasn't been borne out by events and goals scored. But would be a major surprise if we got a striker in now.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 pm

This is Bruce talking about McGoldrick, a striker at Ipswich that we've been linked with: “I see him as a No.10 and we’ve got a few players in that position. I like him but if we’re going to bring somebody in it will be a typical No.9.”

So not completely ruling out someone coming in, I see on twitter a lot of people getting hopeful over Benteke, because Palace have signed Hugill and Hodgson has said that some of his first teamers are going out on loan, I don't think it would have sounded all that far fetched in any normal season, but with it being a World Cup year I can't see it.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:49 pm

Deadline getting close now and a striker is a must thats if Bruce does not intend in using McCormack.
NARLA24
NARLA24

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 10 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:08 pm

We have got to get cover for Hogan as he doesn't seem a player not to get an injury every month or so!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:29 pm

Newcastle are trying to bring in a striker, failed to get Sturridge, if they succeed in bringing in someone else maybe Gayle will become available on loan, he's never really been prolific except for last season, but would probably be worth a go, to see if he could repeat it back in the Championship with us.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:19 pm

This is Gregg Evans exclusive he tweeted about yesterday.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-update-latest-14221917

This guys, right here, is a perfect 10 example of why journalism is going down the toilet
Jae1411

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 10 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:18 pm

Tonight has proved that we need another number 9 to ensure that we continue this superb run!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 am

Calderwood has said that there's one or two things in the pipeline, I'm guessing we're waiting for some Premier league clubs to buy their targets so we can pick up the scraps, I'm not complaining if we end up with a player like Afobe, Ings, Austin, Gayle or others of similar quality.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:27 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Calderwood has said that there's one or two things in the pipeline, I'm guessing we're waiting for some Premier league clubs to buy their targets so we can pick up the scraps, I'm not complaining if we end up with a player like Afobe, Ings, Austin, Gayle or others of similar quality.

If we could get Afobe I would be mightily happy? Dancing Banana
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:33 pm

In talks with Bournemouth for Grabban apparently.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:32 pm

I'd love Afobe

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:10 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:In talks with Bournemouth for Grabban apparently.
Yep the betting odds have dropped like a stone, would be a good addition.
De Kuip
De Kuip

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 10 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:27 pm

If we do get him, and he continues his Sunderland form, it really could be the signing that pushes us over the finishing line, all we've been missing is someone upfront scoring regularly. But I hope we're not obliged to buy him at the end of the season, if we get to the Premier league, we will need better, as good as he in the Championship.

Although Gregg Evans seems to think that we haven't contacted Cardiff yet, and that there are other irons in the fire, so we'll see.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:42 pm

Loan deal agreed for Grabban according to Sky.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:05 pm

Really know nothing about him but we definitely needed cover, so welcome! Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:13 pm

Would've preferred Afobe, but Grabban will do.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:25 pm

achilles wrote:Really know nothing about him but we definitely needed cover, so welcome! Scarf Waving

He's the joint third top scorer in the league with twelve goals in eighteen games for a poor Sunderland team, so on the face of it seems like a good signing, and should be good for competition because it will mean if Hogan wants to keep his place he'll have to keep up his recent good form.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:50 pm

Leaving it late to announce Grabban, meanwhile Suliman has gone to Grimsby on loan.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next