The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

+25
VTID85
villajk
Villa Ranger
bruka
Wookster
gaffer85
Army villain
Fpuppys
Villa_Dan
Saunders82
smetro
Boldfinger
Gordonsleftboot
The Utterer
achilles
avfc forever
De Kuip
Wriggle
Trotters
DelboyVilla
Dions_Bald_Head
FoxyAV
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
29 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 9 Empty Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by FoxyAV Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:51 am

I don't suppose there's any chance we could be waving goodbye to Whelan and Samba? Tuanzebe could be cover for both.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 9 Empty Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!!

Post by De Kuip Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:51 am

FoxyAV wrote:I don't suppose there's any chance we could be waving goodbye to Whelan and Samba? Tuanzebe could be cover for both.

That would be a nice thought if so. Get a couple more off the wage bill.
De Kuip
De Kuip

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 9 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:25 am

Begs the question why Bruce signed them in the first place

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:39 am

Whilst I wouldn't exactly be disappointed to see Whelan leave, he was a permanent fixture of our side during it's best run of form so far, and when you consider that Bjarnason has had two decent games as a defensive midfielder, in matches where we were hardly under the cosh, Jedinak is completely injury prone, and that Tuanzebe has probably been brought more with central defence in mind, then we probably have no intention to sell Whelan, even if we did, I doubt anyone would pay him what he's on here, unless Stoke wanted him back.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:54 am

Wednesday should be interesting, I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but I think we've got something big lined up.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:55 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Wednesday should be interesting, I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but I think we've got something big lined up.
Let's hope it's an exciting day off the back of a great win the night before!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:29 am

Yes an important week coming up all round, hopefully this time next Sunday we've got another couple of wins under our belt, and have brought in a goalscorer to help us maintain our form over the remainder of the season.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:11 pm

FoxyAV wrote:I don't suppose there's any chance we could be waving goodbye to Whelan and Samba? Tuanzebe could be cover for both.

Why would we do that? Haven't people learned from the injury crisis we had the other day? Both will probably be gone at the end of the season anyway, so there's no point letting them go now when all it takes is for a couple of players to get knocks again and we'll need them.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 9 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:39 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

Why would we do that? Haven't people learned from the injury crisis we had the other day? Both will probably be gone at the end of the season anyway, so there's no point letting them go now when all it takes is for a couple of players to get knocks again and we'll need them.

Very sensible argument there, we all know there will be major changes in the summer anyway. Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 9 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:59 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

Which people are we talking about?

Samba has been a liability in defence, Elphick has shown he can do the job as first reserve CB and Tuanzebe is second cover. Plus we have reserves, and that's assuming Terry gets injured again (Chester is bulletproof).

I'd play Onomah, Lansbury, Thor, Jedi, even Tish before Whelan. I'm sure we have even more midfielders available.

So any opportunity to offload Whelan and Samba's wages from the books should be taken with open arms.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:55 pm

FoxyAV wrote:

Samba has been a liability in defence, Elphick has shown he can do the job as first reserve CB and Tuanzebe is second cover. Plus we have reserves, and that's assuming Terry gets injured again (Chester is bulletproof).

I'd play Onomah, Lansbury, Thor, Jedi, even Tish before Whelan. I'm sure we have even more midfielders available.

So any opportunity to offload Whelan and Samba's wages from the books should be taken with open arms.

What people are we talking about? Er, hows about the same Samba who came into our defense when Terry got injured AND NEVER LOST A SINGLE GAME he started until he got injured? And for all your moaning about Whelan, he's been involved in twelve or our fourteen wins this season. So basically your reasons to get rid of them are totally flawed. They aren't superstars by any means, but this is a SQUAD game and they have been more than capable back-ups in the absence of Terry and Jedinak. To say otherwise is simply frivolous imo. And lastly their "wages" is nothing compared to the funds we would get if we get promoted, so again that point is futile.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 9 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:23 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Whilst I wouldn't exactly be disappointed to see Whelan leave, he was a permanent fixture of our side during it's best run of form so far

And he was largely awful in every single one of them. The wins we got with Whelan in the team was dragged out boring matches where our defence held it together with our utter shite hoofball. Once Bjarnason replaced Whelan we looked a different team. His legs made sure our attacking players could focus more on attacking instead of tracking back IMO.

I won't pretend it couldn't be a false dawn, as Bjarnason only have played CM for a couple of matches, but I honestly think we've looked a different football side. Could argue it has something to do with Agnew and I suspect that's a reasonable point of view, but irrespective Bjarnason clearly offer more mobility in our midfield than Whelan or Jedinak.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:04 am

AstonThriller wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

What people are we talking about? Er, hows about the same Samba who came into our defense when Terry got injured AND NEVER LOST A SINGLE GAME he started until he got injured? And for all your moaning about Whelan, he's been involved in twelve or our fourteen wins this season. So basically your reasons to get rid of them are totally flawed. They aren't superstars by any means, but this is a SQUAD game and they have been more than capable back-ups in the absence of Terry and Jedinak. To say otherwise is simply frivolous imo. And lastly their "wages" is nothing compared to the funds we would get if we get promoted, so again that point is futile.

I think Foxy was referring to your statement "haven't people learnt..." where it looks like you mean posters/other villa opinion holders elsewhere on the net, rather than people as in playing staff.  I'm probably one of those people you refer to as losing Whelan and Samba from the squad wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Appreciate we all have different views as this is a Villa forum after all, but those are mine and for the same reasons as other posters have said about them being shite/way down in the pecking order.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:02 am

Elphick having a medical at Reading with a view to a loan move according to reports. So we'll definitely be needing Samba to stick around.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:55 am

Yeah tbf that changes things as I would have seen elphick in front of Samba in the pecking order.
Any more news on that Serbian lad from Liverpool who we were linked with - was it Grujic or something like that?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:28 am

Bruce also mentioned Suliman as one of the reasons he let Elphick go, so maybe we'll start to see him more involved. Grujić went to Cardiff on loan, I think he was only an option if Onomah went back to Spurs. If we sign anyone now, I imagine it will be a striker on loan, but it's all quiet on that front.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:46 am

Ulloa gone to Brighton.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:58 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Ulloa gone to Brighton.

Fair enough, always going to a PL club if he had a choice, not too disappointed to be honest!
achilles
achilles

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:06 am

AstonThriller wrote:

I think we have come into our own a bit as we have had senior players ready to step when we get injuries - other clubs have had to throw kids in. We have managed to collect points when Terry, Jedinak, Kjodia etc haven't been available. Where as Shef U, Bristol C, have fell through the floors when they get one injury.

Up front still worries me, whilst I hope Hogan retains his scoring run, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he doesn't - and he does pick up a fair quota of knocks\injuries.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:18 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Elphick having a medical at Reading with a view to a loan move according to reports. So we'll definitely be needing Samba to stick around.

That is absolutely bonkers. This move alone could kill our promotion chances.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:19 am

According to Bruce no more transfer activity! report
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:47 am

achilles wrote:According to Bruce no more transfer activity! report

if you watch the very end of the press conference for the Sheffield United game, he says that 'if there's something out there that can improve us we'll be in a position to act'...

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Sky linking us to Afobe, also Gregg Evans tweeted this... 'Interesting phone call this morning about a target #avfc are considering. Surely not! Day off, more tomorrow.'.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:15 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Sky linking us to Afobe, also Gregg Evans tweeted this... 'Interesting phone call this morning about a target #avfc are considering. Surely not! Day off, more tomorrow.'.

Now that would be good but I would think unlikely!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:19 pm

achilles wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Sky linking us to Afobe, also Gregg Evans tweeted this... 'Interesting phone call this morning about a target #avfc are considering. Surely not! Day off, more tomorrow.'.

Now that would be good but I would think unlikely!

Why unlikely? He would get game time with us.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD!! - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next